Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Is there a cooooool guide to CEO/Biker poo poo, particularly the businesses? The reason being is that I bought the weed business as a biker club yesterday since it was cheap. Set it up, fully stocked it. I did a mild bit of Googling and saw that "in 8 real-time hours I will have digital weed to sell digitally." I popped into the grow op a little while later and saw that it had eaten some supplies but not produced anything, so I figured I'd come back the next day, well after 8 hours. Except I came back to play this evening and they were back up to full stock and there was absolutely no product that has been produced, this being roughly 18 hours after the initial setup.

I also don't understand what the biker wall missions do with regards to earnings. Am I legit earning money for the club to buy club-mission-only poo poo or is that just going directly into my pocket since it's a one-man club and the earnings counter is just a statistic?

e: Just logged in and it's been well over 24 hours and it's still fully supplied and without anything produced.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

BitBasher posted:

Also the testing method has a fairly large problem, being that he does a whole pile of laps and takes only the single best lap for the time, which completely ignores consistency which is pretty important. I suggested he run 5 consecutive laps and drop the best and worst and average the middle three and was rejected, he is only looking for the fastest, period. This leads to issues with cars that are fast but unreliable like the BF.

Oh, that spreadsheet is Broughy? I should've assumed that. That methodology is godawful. It's essentially a list of outliers instead of reliable performance indicator. This is stats 101 level of getting it wrong.

I'm not saying he needs to go apply full statistical rigor to overly long youtube videos where you should like comment and subscribe your way to ten minutes for the ads, but even fastest lap and a weighted average, as you suggest, would go miles towards validating those fastest laps. If Car X can somehow pull a 45 second fastest lap but the average is 55 seconds you know it's a lot different from the car with a 46 second fast lap and a 47 second average.

I'm making these numbers up, but this is stuff you'd learn in like, a week of stats 101. I'm sure part of his resistance is not wanting to go back and retest hundreds of cars but honestly, that's hundreds of new videos for him to make. All that ad revenue!

e: even then, the point that your driving style or mine or anyone's isn't the same as his means ... get the car you like the most!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

e: Just logged in and it's been well over 24 hours and it's still fully supplied and without anything produced.

you have to be playing the game for it to produce, iirc. Biker businesses are horrible, sorry in advance! Just go do poo poo and trust me, LJT will be calling you nonstop to annoy the life out of you about your business running out of weed.

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 22, 2017

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Spreadsheets give you a good general idea of what to expect, but they don't tell all of the story.

In other words,

Psion posted:

buy the car you like and ignore the rest

This.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is there a cooooool guide to CEO/Biker poo poo, particularly the businesses? The reason being is that I bought the weed business as a biker club yesterday since it was cheap. Set it up, fully stocked it. I did a mild bit of Googling and saw that "in 8 real-time hours I will have digital weed to sell digitally." I popped into the grow op a little while later and saw that it had eaten some supplies but not produced anything, so I figured I'd come back the next day, well after 8 hours. Except I came back to play this evening and they were back up to full stock and there was absolutely no product that has been produced, this being roughly 18 hours after the initial setup.

I also don't understand what the biker wall missions do with regards to earnings. Am I legit earning money for the club to buy club-mission-only poo poo or is that just going directly into my pocket since it's a one-man club and the earnings counter is just a statistic?

As the post above says you need to be ingame and leader of an MC in a public session to make product.

I found the best way to make money solo with MC stuff was to setup coke/meth/counterfeit cash operation and just keep alternating supply runs between them until you have 2 bars (or just under) of product then sell up. More than 2 bars needs more people or else a bunch of your product will be a sitting with a big target on it while you're off trying to make deliveries.

For coke I usually make just under a 100k per delivery mission and somewhere around 70k for Meth (depends if there are other people in the server which gives you a bonus for successful delivery)

Also does anyone know what the state of online is like at the moment? can I play without fear of being ranked up to 100000 and have my bank accounts drained yet or is it still hosed?

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Dragonstoned posted:

As the post above says you need to be ingame and leader of an MC in a public session to make product.

I found the best way to make money solo with MC stuff was to setup coke/meth/counterfeit cash operation and just keep alternating supply runs between them until you have 2 bars (or just under) of product then sell up. More than 2 bars needs more people or else a bunch of your product will be a sitting with a big target on it while you're off trying to make deliveries.

For coke I usually make just under a 100k per delivery mission and somewhere around 70k for Meth (depends if there are other people in the server which gives you a bonus for successful delivery)

Also does anyone know what the state of online is like at the moment? can I play without fear of being ranked up to 100000 and have my bank accounts drained yet or is it still hosed?

Curious what the cutoff is for two person deliveries. Me and my nephew do MC poo poo and most times my weed farm gets the post op van delivery which is slow as hell and never gets completed. If we got the boats one more often it'd be nbd

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

You don't actually have to be the leader of an mc for the game to make your product. Once its supplied you can disband the mc and go do ceo poo poo or whatever. Dunno why it didn't make any product for you. I only sell coke and sometimes meth though.

Anyway when I sell its always at max product. I force a netsplit using the resource monitor. If someone is going to help they join on me or I just get on with it. Sometimes some product goes undelivered if the game is being lovely with the missions but I'm not getting hassled by players in missile launching choppers.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Drive whatever looks pretty enough for you. Don't make purchasing decisions based on what some guy put on a spreadsheet.
There's definitely cars not to get for racing, but it's not like there's a one size fits all best car for racing.

I'm 99% sure that MC businesses will convert supplies to product as long as you're in GTAO. It doesn't matter if you're in a public or private freeroam session, a heist, a job, or working as an associate for someone's organization, etc.
The only thing that actually has restrictions is being in a public freeroam session to buy/sell goods (of any type).

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Dragonstoned posted:

they can still raise your rank but it wont stick until you change sessions so just kill the process or yank an ethernet cable or whatever.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
There is such an unbelievable grind to this game that, two years down the line, playing almost nightly, you will not own close to anything near half of what you can buy.

Wasting your time on some poo poo some nerd in some spreadsheet put together for grand theft auto is a scrub move and a waste of your time. Ask a goon to test drive some cars and get a feel for what you might want to own. You aren't going to get a hint of that sense from a spreadsheet.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
You're (that's the royal you) also a far worse driver than you think and you won't make use of those laptimes anyways :)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
And buy a loving Donk. You won't ever drive it, it's not good for anything at all. But you want it, and you need it. You know you do.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

King Vidiot posted:

And buy a loving Donk. You won't ever drive it, it's not good for anything at all. But you want it, and you need it. You know you do.

Regret nothing donk around once a week its good

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

wtf is a donk and where do i get one

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Faction Custom, available at Benny's.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Goofballs posted:

wtf is a donk and where do i get one

Someone else can probably help you since it's been so long since I made one. Basically it's not a car in itself, it's an upgrade kit for one of the special Lowrider update cars. So you have to go in your phone to order the base car up, then take it to Los Santos Customs and get the Donk kit. You'll also want hydraulics on that sucker because it's hilarious.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

This majestic creature:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Some dude picked me up in one of those the first day I got this game again and it was a good time

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

This majestic creature:

How the gently caress did I never notice that livery?

Or did they only recently add it in some update that I glossed over?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

How the gently caress did I never notice that livery?

Or did they only recently add it in some update that I glossed over?

Nope, it was an option for the donk from the start.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Zigmidge posted:

You're (that's the royal you) also a far worse driver than you think and you won't make use of those laptimes anyways :)

I disagree, I'm exactly a bad of a driver as I think I am!

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I've convinced myself that R* still haven't fixed some glitched or actually hacked lap times, maybe I've just used the wrong vehicles but trailing the record time in sea or bike races by over a minute is a bit much.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You have a lot of gall to even suggest Rockstar would fail to fix problems.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Does manually restarting my MC reset progress? I've played for a few hours and STILL have no progress on my weed production. I have to go to the quick menu and restart the club every time I jump into a new GTAO session and I'm afraid that may be loving it up.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Honestly just shut down the weed farm. It makes the least profit when it actually produces anything. None of the biker businesses are worth the effort, sadly.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm starting to see that. I thought it'd work while I was offline and make this game's lovely grind a little more bearable.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Anime_Otaku posted:

I've convinced myself that R* still haven't fixed some glitched or actually hacked lap times, maybe I've just used the wrong vehicles but trailing the record time in sea or bike races by over a minute is a bit much.

the world record times have been broken for a long rear end time and they'll never be fixed so just disregard it

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

The rating system also seems pretty messed up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

And what's the deal with the invite and matchmaking system.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
And lobbies and connections, Jesus.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Don't forget the half a dozen different UIs.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
And the inability to do in-world activities, well, in world.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

And also loading screens. Am i stuck in the cloud or is the session just full?

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

Powershift posted:

And what's the deal with the invite and matchmaking system.

It's a good question.

I think autoinvite might invite like 10 people at once and wait for those invitations to be declined or expire before it invites more people. At least I can't imagine any other reason why it's so slow and useless.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Powershift posted:

And also loading screens. Am i stuck in the cloud or is the session just full?

Am *I* full?!

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

I'm the wine drinking animation seemingly designed to induce vomiting

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

coupedeville posted:

the world record times have been broken for a long rear end time and they'll never be fixed so just disregard it

But I want the tattoo. I guess I could just use the race creator to cheese it. But is going to that much effort really cheesing?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
A friend and I got the sick racing tattoos in the same race by playing an obscure race in an obscure vehicle class when the game launched for ps4. So you always had to cheese it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'm starting to see that. I thought it'd work while I was offline and make this game's lovely grind a little more bearable.

Yeah I was pretty bummed, especially with how pretty the weed farm is :( Right now, doing contract missions is a pretty solid way to make some money. It doesn't come close to import/export of course, but if you don't have the CEO stuff started up, it's not bad.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Anime_Otaku posted:

But I want the tattoo. I guess I could just use the race creator to cheese it. But is going to that much effort really cheesing?

you can't just do it through the race creator like that; your race is only allowed world recordkeeping if it's rockstar verified :derp:

I was lucky enough to be around during the times when it was totally completely broken and you would do a race and get the world record each lap :roflolmao:
now it's just mostly broken and rockstar apparently isn't gonna do anything about the obviously fraudulent world record times that were only achieved by warping through the race with mod menus :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah I was pretty bummed, especially with how pretty the weed farm is :( Right now, doing contract missions is a pretty solid way to make some money. It doesn't come close to import/export of course, but if you don't have the CEO stuff started up, it's not bad.

I don't have any money left after opening the most basic club and weed possible. And the jobs are paying decent but that's only because this week has been 2x $$$. The idea that I'd actually be making half of what I have this week normally is loving insane.

• Locked thread