Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Kraps posted:

is the mlb promo a separate account for each line?

Was last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

MLB has to be redeemed by Wednesday morning apparently

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

MLB has to be redeemed by Wednesday morning apparently

Claim in app by 4/05/2017 at 4:59 AM ET. Sign up for MLB.TV by April 11, 2017 4:59 AM ET
Must be connected over T-Mobile network, not wifi or roaming

Edit: And I'm in. Now to watch baseball during work hours like a good American

Meydey fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 4, 2017

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Free MLB TV is so great. Thanks again TMobile!

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002
The terms state: "Subscription available only to current T-Mobile customers on T-Mobile enabled devices. Use on other carrier-enabled devices will result in revocation of subscription" along with stuff about not being on wifi.

Does this mean that you can only stream on your T-Mobile phone or tablet while on their network and not wifi? No streaming to your TV using devices like Roku/Apple TV/Fire TV?

Edit: Yeah, looks like I misunderstood. Redemption requires following the link in the T-Mobile Tuesday app while not on wifi. Once activated, I streamed using MLB At Bat app on wifi and on my Chromecast just fine.

goku chewbacca fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 5, 2017

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I used it on pc and chromecast last year with no issues. Not sure if that was in the ToS though.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

For the MLB offer: you have to sign up while on the data network and not another carrier or wifi. Once you're registered you can watch on whatever the MLB service / apps support.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

heffray posted:

For the MLB offer: you have to sign up while on the data network and not another carrier or wifi. Once you're registered you can watch on whatever the MLB service / apps support.

Except games for your home team live like I just tried.

First time with MLB.tv, what's the point of this if I can't watch my team play? Is this for people who live in other markets to watch their home team? Seems very niche to me.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

TraderStav posted:

First time with MLB.tv, what's the point of this if I can't watch my team play? Is this for people who live in other markets to watch their home team? Seems very niche to me.

Yes, it's for out-of-market games. It's not that niche though, tons of fans live away from their favorite team. I think I saw somewhere that mlb.tv has ~3.5 million paid subscribers. I've personally used it for the last 8 years now and it rules.

I think a VPN will also get you around blackout restrictions but that's not really for this thread.

Edit: It's also great when you're traveling, e.g. watching home games while you're stuck in a hotel on a business trip.

plester1 fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 4, 2017

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

TraderStav posted:

Get AdFreeTime, use their DNS, never care about those stupid blackouts again.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Luceo posted:

Get AdFreeTime, use their DNS, never care about those stupid blackouts again.

Thanks for the clarifications. I did just pick up Express VPN to put on my router as a knee jerk reaction to the repeal of the privacy rules. Downside is Netflix blocked so I'm not sure I want to keep using it as is.

Point well taken though!

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Maybe I am wrong but I don't put the vpn on my router, I put it on my devices, because otherwise when you leave your network you're no longer on a vpn.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

My wife and I are thinking of jumping ship off sprint. Customer service has just been horrible this year and with them being rid of upgrades after 2 years, there's no point in keeping our sero accounts. She needs to have an apple phone for work, and I'm locked into Android. Is the $100 all in plan the best deal I use an insane amount of data, so unlimited is kinda a must. What's this 20% off thing people are talking about?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

RodShaft posted:

My wife and I are thinking of jumping ship off sprint. Customer service has just been horrible this year and with them being rid of upgrades after 2 years, there's no point in keeping our sero accounts. She needs to have an apple phone for work, and I'm locked into Android. Is the $100 all in plan the best deal I use an insane amount of data, so unlimited is kinda a must. What's this 20% off thing people are talking about?

Ended in March. You can ask if and when you port lines if there's any promos they can apply

I switched from ATT, glad I did

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

GoldfishStew posted:

Maybe I am wrong but I don't put the vpn on my router, I put it on my devices, because otherwise when you leave your network you're no longer on a vpn.

You can setup a point to point VPN on your router to your paid VPN, so all your traffic at home goes through VPN.

While out, you can also VPN to your home, or to a paid VPN service to increase security on dicey public wifi connections, or to access systems on your home network.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL

bobfather posted:

You can setup a point to point VPN on your router to your paid VPN, so all your traffic at home goes through VPN.

Not trying to argue, just curious: why would someone prefer this over running it on each individual device? Because then every time I Leave the house I'd have to remember to enable it on my devices.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GoldfishStew posted:

Not trying to argue, just curious: why would someone prefer this over running it on each individual device? Because then every time I Leave the house I'd have to remember to enable it on my devices.

Some VPNs have a cap on the number of allowed devices so that's one reason, I guess.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

GoldfishStew posted:

If you’re someone who wants or needs a VPN enabled 100% of the time, your use case is going to make life inconvenient for you anyway.

Also, if you’re that paranoid and are using a paid VPN service, your internet habits are not hidden, just temporarily masked, and if the US government asks for your data these crappy “lifetime” VPN services will give you up. Or someone will compromise their service and get your data. Or they’re just flat out mining your data anyway and what you think is private is anything but.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

What's a good phone to get that still has a removable battery and expandable memory?

edit: I want to buy a phone straight out, and not be on a payment plan or whatever.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

hiddenriverninja posted:

What's a good phone to get that still has a removable battery and expandable memory?

edit: I want to buy a phone straight out, and not be on a payment plan or whatever.

Removable batteries are going away.

Moto G5+ ticks 2/3 of your boxes and it's under 300 bucks.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

hiddenriverninja posted:

LG V20 is the flagship option for you. If you want to go a little older, the Note 5 fits the bill.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

nimper posted:

Moto G5+ ticks 2/3 of your boxes and it's under 300 bucks.

I have one and the battery can last a day and a half easy

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

My moto g5 is arriving today! thanks for the advice everyone.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Rip that free One Plus thing, I finally got around to doing the conversion after getting back in the country and it's gone. Oh well still gonna sit on my old plan until they come up with a sensible pricing tier or a new promo.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

LG V20 is the flagship option for you. If you want to go a little older, the Note 5 fits the bill.

Buying LG phones is always a bad idea.

The Note 5 is both older and it has a non removable battery and no SD card slot.

Basically:

nimper posted:

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Does Tmobile really not have a "OH HAY COVERAGE HERE IS lovely" app or function in the tmobile app? I'm looking for something similar to AT&T's mark the spot.

By and large things have been good with TMobile since I switched, but there's spots on their map that are "verified by customer data" that don't work for me on an iPhone 7 plus.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I want to switch from Verizon to T-mobile since I'm paying $46 after a discount for 2gb of data but I can get 4gb and music streaming with a pre-paid T-mobile plan. I have an iPhone 6S. When I do the online compatibility checker, it says my device is not compatible. However, if I check compatibility on the Postpaid site it says I'm good.

I thought the 6S had both bands? Why is this giving me problems?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Does Verizon do GSM phones now? :corsair:

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
As part of their deal with the FCC to get the bands they now use for LTE, Verizon has to sell every phone capable of LTE unlocked to work on GSM networks. Your iPhone 6S will be fine and it's probably just a bug in T-Mobile's website.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Thanks, that's what I thought. If I do eventually switch I'll just do everything in person anyways

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

They started that a while ago didn't they? iPhone 5?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

They started that a while ago didn't they? iPhone 5?

Yep, i phone 5 was the first one i believe.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
MetroPCS now has 2GB data with unlimited talk and text for $30

You can get 2 lines for $50

skyydude
Sep 26, 2010

I did read the rules threads, so I am sorry if this is somehow not permitted.

Would anyone be nice enough to PM me their t-mobile phone number and zip code? I fly for American, and my old T-mobile cell # doesn't work on GoGo inflight wifi anymore, and I had to switch to AT&T. :sigh:

And as a rule, anyone working for an airline, including pilots and flight attendants, is inherently cheap. :haw: I guess if I don't get any help from the goons, I'll eventually shell out the money for a subscription. Thanks everyone. I miss T-mo. :(

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
I don't have a T-Mobile number but why the hell don't you have free access to the WiFi as a pilot?

skyydude
Sep 26, 2010

Because American is that bad of a company, lol. :D

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

My wife and I are thinking of finally moving off our parents' family plans and it looks like the T-Mobile unlimited plan is our best option. However it's not a rush--do promos come up often? Should we wait?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think the two lines for $100 is still going on and a good deal

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Apparently not? Unless I'm missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans

It's the only plan they offer anymore postpaid.