Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

Saying the truth win games.

Right now, I don't have any town/scum reads so I'm very pro murder lurkers. Of course, I'm willing to jump on the lynch leader because I'm not an asshat.

"I am not playing the game" is what I read here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Very rude... I will make one big post, bare with me. It's hard to do it on mobile.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

Why'd you post this?

Did you miss it the first time??

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
you all have large window tonight since this deadline is floating. I am on vacation you see and not sure when I'll be at my air bnb (or if it'll have okay internet).

the real deadline will almost probably certainly not be three minutes after the scheduled deadline. maybe an hour, probably not much more.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 25, 2017

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tired Moritz posted:

Saying the truth win games.

Right now, I don't have any town/scum reads so I'm very pro murder lurkers. Of course, I'm willing to jump on the lynch leader because I'm not an asshat.

Which of these sounds more likely?

(A) Moritz is a town doctor who, while not a vote leaders, decided to claim on D1 because "saying the truth wins games". He decided this outweighed the risk of the doctor getting NKed (or roleblocked or something) on N1.

(B) Moritz is scum who realized the case on him has merit and he couldn't find an acceptable fake case so he claimed doctor to dissuade people from voting for him.

I've scummed with TM before (Swan Song and in that game he tried for a fake claim to take the heat off of him. This seems very similar to that. Also in that game, he very clearly knew the value of doctors (when we discussed targets and stuff) which makes me feel reasonably sure he wouldn't have just shared that info, unprovoked on D1, if it were actually true.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

Did you miss it the first time??

I actually did, but that doesn't change my opinion.

Also I'm probably going to be asleep soon.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Posting this mostly for my benefit, and hoping its actually mostly accurate:
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

The Lord of Hats (9): Birdstrike, 100YrsofAttitude, Ernie., -100YrsofAttitude, 100YrsofAttitude, KhyrosFinalCut, Mithross, wins32767, Max, Pinterest Mom, Somberbrero
100YrsofAttitude (2): Pinterest Mom, Max, tpink, -tpink, Somberbrero, its me glenda, -its me glenda, -Max, Murmur Twin, this is a stickup, -Murmur Twin, Samfucius, -Pinterest Mom, -Somberbrero
Max (2): Tired Moritz, TMMadman, -Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz
TMMadman (1): Murmur Twin, CCKeane, -Murmur Twin
Quandary (1): Moatillata, Max, -Max, -Moatillata, Tobbs Gnawed
tpink (1): Uranium Phoenix, its me glenda, KhyrosFinalCut, -its me glenda, -KhyrosFinalCut
Tired Moritz (1): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike, Mithross, -Mithross, Murmur Twin
Murmur Twin (1): its me glenda, Birdstrike, -its me glenda, -Birdstrike, Quandary
Spoonsy (0): Max, -Max, Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
Tobbs Gnawed (0): this is a stickup, -this is a stickup
Somberbrero (0): 100YrsofAttitude, -100YrsofAttitude
this is a stickup (0): Moatillata, -Moatillata, Moatillata, Kashuno, -Kashuno, -Moatillata
Kashuno (0): TMMadman, -TMMadman
Pinterest Mom (0): Birdstrike, -Birdstrike
its me glenda (0): Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin
CCKeane (0): wins32767, -wins32767
Moatillata (0): this is a stickup, Ernie., its me glenda, Samfucius, -its me glenda, -Ernie., -this is a stickup, -Samfucius

Not Voting (6): its me glenda, Kashuno, Moatillata, Spoonsy, The Lord of Hats, tpink

:h: With 24 players alive, it takes 13 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is April 24th, 2017 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 28 minutes from this post.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm suspicious of the PMom push. It's dumb. Very dumb.

1) PM claimed VT, 100yrs ask if PM is rolefishing
2) PM votes 100yrs because everyone here is supposed to have an encyclopaedia on mafia goons posting habits and should always know PM always say they are VT
3)TMM backed PMom's claim, saying they remember PMom always say they are vt even after a month ago.
4)stickup, max, tpink vote 100yrs

PMOM CLAIMED THAT ANYONE WHO QUESTIONED THEIR VT CLAIM IS SCUM

Etc etc

I find the bold statement to be very suspicious. If it's true, I expect that PMom would be a lot more pushy about it and show evidence. Considering that they are willing to show a game from a week ago showing 100yrs buying their VT claim, I find it suspicious that they haven't bought evidence for their grand statement.

Either it's because they are exaggerating to strengthen the push on 100yrs. Which is an incredibly scummy thing to do.

PMom is suspicious indeedo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also they're not even voting for 100yrs anymore!!!

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Murmur Twin posted:

Which of these sounds more likely?

(A) Moritz is a town doctor who, while not a vote leaders, decided to claim on D1 because "saying the truth wins games". He decided this outweighed the risk of the doctor getting NKed (or roleblocked or something) on N1.

(B) Moritz is scum who realized the case on him has merit and he couldn't find an acceptable fake case so he claimed doctor to dissuade people from voting for him.

I've scummed with TM before (Swan Song and in that game he tried for a fake claim to take the heat off of him. This seems very similar to that. Also in that game, he very clearly knew the value of doctors (when we discussed targets and stuff) which makes me feel reasonably sure he wouldn't have just shared that info, unprovoked on D1, if it were actually true.

The problem with (B) is that Moritz has, like, one vote and only a few people who have passingly commented on liking him for scum. There's no heat to take off. They also don't need a fake case; they could just join the bandwagon and no one would give a poo poo.

WIFOMing role possibilities and claims isn't useful at determining alignment at this point, nor a useful discussion to have overall.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Pinterest Mom posted:

Every time

and I'm being very deliberate here, I'm not exaggerating

Every time someone has given me poo poo about claiming VT in my opening post, they've turned up scum, and I've always regretted not following my gut and pursuing them to the end of the earth. Giving me poo poo about that opening post is a really easy way for scum to fake content, and 100yrs' claimed thought process around it makes not even a tiny lick of sense.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm suspicious of the PMom push. It's dumb. Very dumb.

1) PM claimed VT, 100yrs ask if PM is rolefishing
2) PM votes 100yrs because everyone here is supposed to have an encyclopaedia on mafia goons posting habits and should always know PM always say they are VT
3)TMM backed PMom's claim, saying they remember PMom always say they are vt even after a month ago.
4)stickup, max, tpink vote 100yrs

PMOM CLAIMED THAT ANYONE WHO QUESTIONED THEIR VT CLAIM IS SCUM

Etc etc

I find the bold statement to be very suspicious. If it's true, I expect that PMom would be a lot more pushy about it and show evidence. Considering that they are willing to show a game from a week ago showing 100yrs buying their VT claim, I find it suspicious that they haven't bought evidence for their grand statement.

Either it's because they are exaggerating to strengthen the push on 100yrs. Which is an incredibly scummy thing to do.

PMom is suspicious indeedo.

On the other hand, then you go and post poo poo like this. Are you reading the same game I am?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

the minnesota safety council posted:

The average freight train is about 1 to 1¼ miles in length (90 to 120 rail cars). When it's moving at 55 miles an hour, it can take a mile or more to stop after the locomotive engineer fully applies the emergency brake. An 8-car passenger train moving at 80 miles an hour needs about a mile to stop.

##vote lord of hats

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

is somberbrero defending hats because he is looking out for his own hatfolk kind?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

its me glenda posted:

is somberbrero defending hats because he is looking out for his own hatfolk kind?

This is the kind of insight mafia sorely needs

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Uranium Phoenix posted:

The problem with (B) is that Moritz has, like, one vote and only a few people who have passingly commented on liking him for scum. There's no heat to take off. They also don't need a fake case; they could just join the bandwagon and no one would give a poo poo.

WIFOMing role possibilities and claims isn't useful at determining alignment at this point, nor a useful discussion to have overall.

I think it is, because you can look at a question like "what was Moritz's motivation for claiming doc there?". At the end of the day, the most beneficial reason for someone to claim to be a doctor (even moreso than actually being a doctor) would be so that people didn't vote for them.

Pretend you're a town doc and talk me through the thought process that would end with you claiming.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

its me glenda posted:

nah he's right, hats is very lurky in all games. hats might be scum, personally I have no feels either way, but lurking not indicative of his alignment.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't trust PMOM's wishy washyness.

You can't just say "OH MAN I KNOW WHOEVER QUESTION MY VT CLAIM IS MAF, I GUARANTEE IT FROM MY PAST EXPERIENCE" and then just walk away because people aren't jumping onto the bandwagon. If Pmom genuinely think 100yrs is maf, I should expect them to be more pushy instead of jumping onto the hats bandwagon.

Of course some people might go "pmom always play like that" but i hate meta defenses.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

You can't just say "OH MAN I KNOW WHOEVER QUESTION MY VT CLAIM IS MAF, I GUARANTEE IT FROM MY PAST EXPERIENCE" and then just walk away because people aren't jumping onto the bandwagon. If Pmom genuinely think 100yrs is maf, I should expect them to be more pushy instead of jumping onto the hats bandwagon.

Of course some people might go "pmom always play like that" but i hate meta defenses.

What's your flavor?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

:cripes:

pmom changed votes only when 100yrs had 3 votes to hats' 7 votes with multiple people not voting either saying no to 100yrs

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Just wait him out at some point he will post his role pm if hes scum

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

this is a stickup posted:

:cripes:

pmom changed votes only when 100yrs had 3 votes to hats' 7 votes with multiple people not voting either saying no to 100yrs

And I'm saying that if PMom is so sure, they would had stuck with yrs and push for their lynch more.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I am wary about posting my flavor because I don't want to get smited.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

And I'm saying that if PMom is so sure, they would had stuck with yrs and push for their lynch more.

I really want to vote for you, because I don't want to vote for hats or feel strongly about his alignment either way, but I'm going to vote for hats instead of you.

that doesn't mean I'm less sure about you or 100yrs than hats. hope this helps!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I mean cmon there is no way he can keep up a doc fake claim for more than two game days without spectacularly messing it up somehow

OR

He is actually our doc and the damage is p much done

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

Just wait him out at some point he will post his role pm if hes scum

lmao :perfect:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also i agree with the sentiment on hats wrt to lurking and alignment fwiw

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

this is a stickup posted:

I really want to vote for you, because I don't want to vote for hats or feel strongly about his alignment either way, but I'm going to vote for hats instead of you.

that doesn't mean I'm less sure about you or 100yrs than hats. hope this helps!

Unless you're gonna make a post claiming that everytime you're suspicious of me that Im scum, it's really not the same.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still think this vote is dumb but 24 players so whatever also pmom is still mean.

##vote hats

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Moat, why you hurt me so? :(

Also I don't buy the hats vote because they seem more dumb town than anything.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I prodded hats btw, if they're not executed today and don't respond before the game night ends I'll replace them, too.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

EccoRaven posted:

I prodded hats btw, if they're not executed today and don't respond before the game night ends I'll replace them, too.

good but ultimately pointless as it is too late to swing 12 people to moritz or 100yrs

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
im here I can switch if you need

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Stickup, why are you so defensive over pmom

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
moritz your pmom case has no basis in reality.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tired Moritz posted:

what

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

he's just pointing out what actually happened.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
quick check in to see if we could swing a 100 vote?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tired Moritz posted:

Unless you're gonna make a post claiming that everytime you're suspicious of me that Im scum, it's really not the same.

TM your posts are some of my favorites dont be sad

They bring me much joy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Somberbrero posted:

quick check in to see if we could swing a 100 vote?

Im around and willing to switch

• Locked thread