Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Horse Hell is an amazing tangent as being controlled by Mr. Hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
A lot of Nick Nolte gnawing and growling today. Just what I needed after a long weekend at work.

Oh man this is a great episode. Gonna re-listen to it when on the train tonight.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Apr 25, 2017

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
Death Wish 3! I can't wait for next weeks episode!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
May need a smaller running tally of references to the Zapruder Film.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I just cried from laughter on the subway due to their rampant Nick Nolte screaming. Doesn't matter what they say, they make it sound funny as hell.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

"What is 'Feds'?"

"It's like if the first eight minutes of 'Silence of the Lambs' was a comedy."

This is a great ep.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Oh my god Steve's gutteral "UUUGH" when Ken Burns' Jazz comes up made me laugh so hard

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Liam Neeson in horse hell was fantastic. Nice little throwback to the Pippi Longstocking episode as well. A great episode, if you haven't heard.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BigglesSWE posted:

Liam Neeson in horse hell was fantastic. Nice little throwback to the Pippi Longstocking episode as well. A great episode, if you haven't heard.

I was expecting Sean Connery to be there too

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

BigglesSWE posted:

"What do you mean I'm going to Horse Hell? I've spent decades prepping for Normal Hell."

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

"Your height means nothing here!" *brings in a taller horse*

Eric starts every Nolte-impression with "aw goddamnit" and I love him for it.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 26, 2017

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

PoPcornTG posted:

Death Wish 3! I can't wait for next weeks episode!

who among them will mourn The Giggler?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Death Wish 3 was the one where the series just loving gave up, right?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It's possibly the most Cannon of any Cannon movie

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Death Wish 3 was the one where the series just loving gave up, right?

Are you kidding? Death Wish 3 is where the series truly understood its purpose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTFoRqsIDR4

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Death Wish 1 is an amazing, 'legit' movie. Like it was an attempt at a serious movie and it even had a certain amount of cultural impact.

Death Wish 2 is literally a West Coast remake of the first one.

Death Wish 3 is just amazing. They cranked it all up to 12 and went off the deep end.

Death Wish 4 and 5 are just awful messes that you should only watch for completionist sake.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Jose Oquendo posted:

Death Wish 1 is an amazing, 'legit' movie. Like it was an attempt at a serious movie and it even had a certain amount of cultural impact.

Death Wish 2 is literally a West Coast remake of the first one.

Death Wish 3 is just amazing. They cranked it all up to 12 and went off the deep end.

Death Wish 4 and 5 are just awful messes that you should only watch for completionist sake.

The most important thing about Death Wish 1 is that it introduced Jeff Goldblum to the world.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRAT1-c7q98

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

duz posted:

The most important thing about Death Wish 1 is that it introduced Jeff Goldblum to the world.

Death Wish 2 also stars a young Larry Fishburne.

Death Wish 3 co-stars Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troi from Star Trek) who is raped in the movie. Kinda wondering what they'll have to say about this.

edit: Part 3 also has fuckin Martin Balsam.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 26, 2017

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

duz posted:

and what an introduction it was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WepSpYTU1F0

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Was death wish 3 the one where the main villain gets blown up with a bazooka and there is a scary big amount of minorities getting shot in the back as they ran away?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Doesn't Bill S. Preston get bazooka'd? I only saw the last 15 minutes of Death Wish 3 years ago but I remember it being bonkers.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
It's gotta be a We Love Movies scenario simply for how crazy and mean it is. Bronson's handgun gets it's own introduction where Dirty Harry's .44 magnum is called out for being effeminate.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sean10mm posted:

It's gotta be a We Love Movies scenario simply for how crazy and mean it is. Bronson's handgun gets it's own introduction where Dirty Harry's .44 magnum is called out for being effeminate.

Wasn't it a .50 cal?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Wasn't it a .50 cal?

.475 elephant gun shell cut down to fit in an automatic pistol. Seriously, that's how Bronson's character describes it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sean10mm posted:

.475 elephant gun shell cut down to fit in an automatic pistol. Seriously, that's how Bronson's character describes it.

:lol: oh yeah, I knew it was something ridiculous that would break any normal person's wrist when fired

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The movie is super hosed up but does go to great pains to have every race both as criminals and victims. It's like a United Colors of Benetton ad on meth.

E: Or to be more 80s correct, PCP. :v:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Corek posted:

It's possibly the most Cannon of any Cannon movie

Truth. Some might (wrongly) point to Delta Force for that illustrious distinction, but DW3 is the Cannon studio philosophy made material. Like Cobra it's one of those flicks you could believe was actually an 80's action movie parody played on a background television in a more "legitimate" film.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

Like look, even in the first one it's a weird dad empowerment fantasy with bad guys who act like The Pirates of the Caribbean was being re-themed as a Warriors ride.

Three is the most over the top, but none of them are legit movies.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
No podcast ad will ever match up to the period where My Brother My Brother and Me advertised Extreme Restraints, especially the episode where they weren't allowed to talk about adult themes or swear.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Wasn't there a Kevin Bacon movie a few years ago that was like a soft Death Wish reboot?

Violator
May 15, 2003

DoombatINC posted:

Are you kidding? Death Wish 3 is where the series truly understood its purpose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTFoRqsIDR4

I know it's been said before, but this has to be how Trump and Sessions see the world. Cities as hellscapes. That ending where Bronson and the cop team up seems like an old man power fantasy.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I don't know why I find their Nick Nolte so endlessly entertaining and their Alex Jones so annoying when they're both basically the same voice coming from different points in the back of their throat, but I do.

Violator posted:

Wasn't there a Kevin Bacon movie a few years ago that was like a soft Death Wish reboot?

Death Sentence, by James Wan of Saw/Insidious/Furious 7 fame. It was OK, it had a few good action sequences but it was really derivative and was kind of muddled because it felt like it was also trying to work in some commentary on violence as well as being a bloody revenge movie and wasn't too great at either.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The first 4 Death Wish movies all legitimately own. I rewatched them like 2 years ago. The 5th one is garbage though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRAT1-c7q98

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
While funny on its own, why would Michael Richards and Liam Neeson go to horse hell?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Catfishenfuego posted:

No podcast ad will ever match up to the period where My Brother My Brother and Me advertised Extreme Restraints, especially the episode where they weren't allowed to talk about adult themes or swear.

Or the time their Nature Box ad got invaded by a mango cult.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Their best ads are the ones that get so swept up in a goof that they forget to actually advertise the product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct4LMymXjZI

griffinspacejam.com used to be real and the fact that it's gone is a great loss to the world.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The face the gang leader makes right before a bazooka rocket kills him looks like Graham Chapman's Upper Class Twit of the Year face.

RIP Oliver St.John-Mollusc, upper class twit and brutal gang leader.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I seem to remember years ago when Bill Burr did a podcast (does he still do one?), all his ads were complete shitshows in the best way. Like, it was obvious he had never read the copy and had no clue what some of the stuff he was plugging even was, and he had interest in hiding that fact. I think i recall a read for Sherri's Berries where he was all, "holy poo poo, what is this? I can;t tell if this is awesome or terrible!" the whole time.

Unless I dreamed it, which is possible.

Calaveron posted:

While funny on its own, why would Michael Richards and Liam Neeson go to horse hell?

Give me one reason why that wouldn't be in Horse Hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
We're all going to horse hell, but only because all dogs go to heaven