Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trucutru posted:

This has also pretty much killed the heart-cross meta.

obv it's being replaced by the new jormungandr's jammer cross right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

yea what's the rest of this new meta, besides Anubis, that can deal with that?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Nosre posted:

yea what's the rest of this new meta, besides Anubis, that can deal with that?

dathena with killers, what i just posted

meliodas

revo kush with combo+ actives

aizen is barely holding on but he's basically considered to be a worse anubis for hard content (his only upside is easier activation for easy floors but that's irrelevant for hard content)

that's basically it aside from some niche damage cross leaders like diara

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

obv it's being replaced by the new jormungandr's jammer cross right

You better believe it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4vs4HkK7nY

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

trucutru posted:

Yeah, JP pad has somehow become similar to the old Hera-Ur/Zeus-Dios meta where they just throw huge loving numbers against you, plus a shitload of annoyances, of course.

Lvl6 of the challenge, includes a 37m hp fight against the one of the Kalis. Lvl6!

Which is why Anubis has become more popular lately, when you need to be doing 100m damage left and right he's your dude. This has also pretty much killed the heart-cross meta.

I was dreading the Kali floor, but it turned out to be really easy and I beat it first try. Sevenzard was nice and turned himself red for me, and everything else was easy to crush. Makes me eager to try the upper floors when I get more time later, instead of dreading it. Feeling really happy I didn't just duck out at seeing it!

(Maeda inherited on BEscha for Beelz)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

dathena (Japan-only)

meliodas (Japan-only)

revo kush with combo+ actives

aizen (barely holding)

Diara (Japan-only)

So get ready for puzzles and kushis you voltron-havers.

maou shoujo posted:

I was dreading the Kali floor, but it turned out to be really easy and I beat it first try. Sevenzard was nice and turned himself red for me, and everything else was easy to crush. Makes me eager to try the upper floors when I get more time later, instead of dreading it. Feeling really happy I didn't just duck out at seeing it!

(Maeda inherited on BEscha for Beelz)

Nice. Challenge 7 is not that hard, specially if you bring a 7x6 leader but 8 and 9 do require you to prepare your team carefully.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 25, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

months from now finally, my fenrir viz dupes are paying off...

bomb cross meta when?

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Zo posted:

all signs point to no, but iphone users are holding on the to hope that they can!

so far the best suggestion I've seen was, assuming they can separate iphone and android scores, use only the iphone score to give out crowns and refund stamina stones. of course they might not be able to do this either lmao.

then for future ranking dungeons they can just use the iphone score from the beginning, until they can update pad to detect puzzcombo (never)

This would take some serious system resources.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Well, I recovered my account, which honestly had more that I remember in it. There's surprising number of good older mons (it's been a over 2 years, so nothing newer than that except the Spica I pulled from the 250 rank free REM) hanging around in my monster box but holy poo poo I forgot how overwhelming this drat thing can be. Is it worth trying to track down a way to sync it with PADherder, or should I just add the stuff manually?

tructru, you're the only active account still playing that's left on my list. Guess it's time to figure out what kind of team to start putting together. Looks like I need to get the 4 Egyptians I have (no Anubis) their new ultis?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

tructru, you're the only active account still playing that's left on my list. Guess it's time to figure out what kind of team to start putting together. Looks like I need to get the 4 Egyptians I have (no Anubis) their new ultis?

In general, the advice for anybody getting back into the game is to take it easy and find a good leader they can use to farm Myr (do it in multiplayer for an easy run). Then use Myr to clear any tough content while you slowly power-up your box.

The Egyptians are good but outside of Anubis they don't see much use as leaders nowdays. Of the four you have Bastet is probably the most fun to play and she's quite powerful, Isis is a great sub, and Ra's skill is quite useful. The bird has fallen into hard times but he's good enough to clear old content with.

Of the really, really old pantheons Anubis, Minerva, Astaroth, Kushinada, Ame no Uzume, and Izanagi are probably the best bets as leaders.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Done for the night. 60M XP, 1.16 xp bonus average and only 1 super out of 123 feeds.

GungHo :argh:

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Glad to hear Aizen's still acceptably healthy in JP Futureland, even though I have the MP for DAthena, there's just something about those rare occasions where you skyfall into a 3rd cross on a 6x5 that just feels magical. Plus, trivially farming most stuff is nice.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

trucutru posted:

In general, the advice for anybody getting back into the game is to take it easy and find a good leader they can use to farm Myr (do it in multiplayer for an easy run). Then use Myr to clear any tough content while you slowly power-up your box.

The Egyptians are good but outside of Anubis they don't see much use as leaders nowdays. Of the four you have Bastet is probably the most fun to play and she's quite powerful, Isis is a great sub, and Ra's skill is quite useful. The bird has fallen into hard times but he's good enough to clear old content with.

Of the really, really old pantheons Anubis, Minerva, Astaroth, Kushinada, Ame no Uzume, and Izanagi are probably the best bets as leaders.

Well, I do have an Astaroth kicking around, so maybe that's a good place to start. Any reason why Minerva is better than the other Greeks?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Well, I do have an Astaroth kicking around, so maybe that's a good place to start. Any reason why Minerva is better than the other Greeks?

Her active skill (which went from the crappiest one ever to something good). And protection against red, light and dark is pretty useful. She also winks, top waifu.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 25, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

trucutru posted:

Didn't PAD used to be able to detect puzzcombo like 2 years ago? I remember it shutting down when I switched to rooted mode on my old android phone.

That's because you were rooted, not because it could detect puzzcombo.

Zo posted:

by the way for NA players, the new challenge 9 we're talking about has every single enemy with minimum 40m hp, ramping up to 80m~120m hp in the later waves and the boss at 200m hp with a 10m null shield.

this is the new norm and radra is pretty useless for this kind of content, until dkali gets a triple 7c ult or something

This sounds legitimately unfun as hell.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Evil Fluffy posted:

good news, you don't have to do it!

really the game has been needing harder content for a looong time now. the hardest regular content, colosseum, has been completely trivial since radra uevo and there are even stronger leaders now.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Better generalist active or shortest CD for inheritance, jammer resistance awakenings can block bombs that show up in some new dungeons, and most importantly red is usually a better color to resist than blue or green most of the time. For instance Hephaestus Dragon is a huge rear end in a top hat for most teams with his preemptive skill delay, but Minerva handles him relatively easily. The other greeks need special precautions for him.

Revo Venus and Hades are good in a different way, they super-resist a single color instead of strongly resisting three colors. They're more limited in where they can stall, but are practically immortal when they can.

Evil Fluffy posted:

White Snake's Labyrinth is harder than most challenge dungeons. It reaches the difficulty of a normal c10 at c5 or c6 and keeps going up from there. It's around for only a week but I wouldn't be surprised to see more hard dungeons in its vein in the future. We're overdue for power creep in dungeons, player power creep has been outpacing dungeons for months now.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Red resist covers way more enemies you'd rather be resisting than blue/green, and there's boatloads of dudes for the red+light combos meta. She also gets to mixed lead with Ilm for bigger bursting and a RCV multiplier in exchange for some of that R/L/D resist.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

maou shoujo posted:

White Snake's Labyrinth is harder than most challenge dungeons. It reaches the difficulty of a normal c10 at c5 or c6 and keeps going up from there. It's around for only a week but I wouldn't be surprised to see more hard dungeons in its vein in the future. We're overdue for power creep in dungeons, player power creep has been outpacing dungeons for months now.
even then it's not actually difficult for the current top leaders - i rolled through it with anubis and dathena without a sweat

the hardest difficulty spike this game ever had by far was arena 1. it took me like a week to clear it once, and then a few months before i could clear it consistently. that was a ton of fun figuring it out and getting better.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
snekmaze feels a lot like the successor to arena in many ways -- you've got the same semi-random spawns, but instead many of the strata are themed in one way or another. Lv5 for example had ALL spawns be resolve monsters.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

stabbington posted:

Glad to hear Aizen's still acceptably healthy in JP Futureland, even though I have the MP for DAthena, there's just something about those rare occasions where you skyfall into a 3rd cross on a 6x5 that just feels magical. Plus, trivially farming most stuff is nice.

Haha, look at those numbers. They'll have to change the font size (again?)

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Adolf Glitter posted:

Haha, look at those numbers. They'll have to change the font size (again?)

Nah, we'll just start doing 2,184e+12 and such damage instead

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Are any of the colab things any good?
I know that the Hunk dude(who I got) is good.
I'm not pulling any others, but are any farm able worth skilling up atm, or in the future maybe?

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Adolf Glitter posted:

Are any of the colab things any good?
I know that the Hunk dude(who I got) is good.
I'm not pulling any others, but are any farm able worth skilling up atm, or in the future maybe?

Anything that removes locks is kind of a good niche inherit, Alarra will be good if there's ever a light lead worth using who doesn't require hearts (so not Myr and not RaDra). Hunk is good as a Myr inherit but it seems from JP that Myr is on the way out.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
not on her way out, myr is completely dead and gone lol

well, aside from a couple of weirdos who insist on using her for sentimental reasons i guess

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I guess now would be a good time to skill up Ronia?

Edit: nm not normal

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Apr 25, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
There are few Miru players left in JP because everybody and their grandma migrated to D.Athena as their "farmable" leader of choice (In my friendlist she's more popular than the next 4 top leaders combined). If the US doesn't get D.Athena then I suspect Miru will continue to be relatively popular in there.

Similarly, A.Kushi is not particularly popular in JP but I bet the US will have a shitload of them. (or maybe not, because :effort:)

e: New GFEs! And one of them is a great Miru sub! OMG! The game was lacking more GFEs.

quote:

Cthugha
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/856715626030682112

AS: For 1 turn, +2 combos; 2 turn haste MAX CD 13

LS: >50% HP for 5x ATK, <49% for 2.5x ATK; Make 7+ combos for reduced damage and 2.5x ATK

Yog-Sothoth
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/856715813734055937

AS: Light/Heart board change; Heal 40% HP; 4 turn card unbind MAX CD 13

LS: >80% HP for 6x ATK, <79% HP for 2.5x ATK; Match 2+ light combos for reduced damage and 3x ATK

Lol at "match 2 light combos for 324x damage"

E: Oh, an there is a new awakening

quote:

gently caress your resolveFollow up attack

Matching a column of heart deals 1 extra damage after orb match.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 25, 2017

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

TheQuietWilds posted:

Anything that removes locks is kind of a good niche inherit,
I inherited Princess Valkitty onto my RaDra specifically for unlocking orbs in the most recent challenge dungeons. Was kinda nice I gotta say.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

trucutru posted:

E: Oh, an there is a new awakening
loving finally

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I have 2 Fenrir Viz, does Jormungandr make them viable?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Well, I recovered my account, which honestly had more that I remember in it. There's surprising number of good older mons

Post your code.

I'm 304,382,267 if you want a Minerva buddy.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

There's nothing viable about the Jammer meta.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm keeping track of all my feeds for this event/week. I should manage to do 60-70M XP per day without hating myself. Ideally I can go all out during the weekend and actually max level everything I want but for now I'm focusing on what I need. I'm sticking to same color feeds until I finish the color then rolling down the line until I'm done. I'll probably spend some time tomorrow actually figuring out how much XP I need. My guess is somewhere around 500M which is surprisingly attainable at this rate especially with it being free and button pushing.

When you add in running dragon dungeons with any spare stamina, 100M XP per day is viable.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kuros posted:

When you add in running dragon dungeons with any spare stamina, 100M XP per day is viable.

I honestly didn't think of that yesterday :lol: doing it today on Rubies is quite nice.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I honestly didn't think of that yesterday :lol: doing it today on Rubies is quite nice.

It's what I'm running if I don't have anything else viable to run as I have already beat Descended Challenge, Water Cat and Voltron.

Next stam refresh I'm saving for Tamas today.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trucu leave your Goemon up 24/7 this week thanks in advance.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Paul Zuvella posted:

Jormungandr-Yr has a wider subpool and higher maximum damage, but Fenrir-Viz might still be the better leader on account of being easier to use and scaling better at medium amount of jammers. Maybe Fenrir-Viz for long dungeons like Arena and Jorm-Yr for short hard dungeons? IDK. Jorm-Yr is definitely an excellent member of either team and great card in general though, absolutely worth gunning for. Inheritable poison + tricolor board change with hearts is a sweet active.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
D.Athena is among the cards being updated for NA on http://puzzledragonx.com right now.

Firestorm Set looks loving ridiculous for anyone who can 7c regularly with his two enhanced combo passives.

Revo Leilan being a row and not a TPA unit is so dumb considering she has an enhanced combo passive. What kind of non-bot person is going to going to regularly hit 7c with rows?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Revo Leilan being a row and not a TPA unit is so dumb considering she has an enhanced combo passive. What kind of non-bot person is going to going to regularly hit 7c with rows?

She's a mainstay in every single ilmina team and I wish I had her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
speedrun snek dungeon

https://twitter.com/padtaiko/status/857155493684555776