Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So to follow up on this, the Walleye filed an official grievance with the ECHL over the incident. While it's obviously pretty clear-cut, give the league a little credit becuase they actually responded pretty quickly and decisively.

ECHL posted:

Kalamazoo’s Ben Wilson has been suspended indefinitely and fined an undisclosed amount stemming from an incident that occurred that ECHL Playoff Game #E-2, Kalamazoo at Toledo, on April 15.

There will no further comment from the ECHL until a later date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
http://ottershockey.com/video/apr-1817-gm7-ldn-4-er-5-ot

Otters beat the Knights in game 7 OT. Also I think the Otters TV guy is trying to do the thing that the Panthers radio guy used to do, where he'd insert a random movie quote after a goal.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Chicoutimi upset Rouyn-Noranda yesterday with a game 7 OT win and the Armada decided to wait till game 7 to curb stomp the Titan. This means both the 2nd and 3rd seeds have bounced and leaves Saint John (1) and Charlottetown (4) as the only remaining Maritime teams. While stranger poo poo has happened this post season I still see the Sea Dogs getting by the Saguenéens. I think the Islanders are going to beat the Armada and are really the only team I'm nervous about. The only reason the Islanders were the 4th seed is because Saint John was the first.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Saw some Seattle Thunderbirds posters earlier in the thread, is there a section for away/neutral fans for the games this weekend? Thinking about coming up from Portland

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
I don't think so, really; I've always just seen away folk mixed in with the general population.

Just maaaybe leave your blackhawks/winterhawks jersey at home. :v:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Saint John and Charlottetown go up 1 - 0 in their respective series. I still think it'll be an all Maritime finals.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Stretch Marx posted:

Saint John and Charlottetown go up 1 - 0 in their respective series. I still think it'll be an all Maritime finals.

This would rule

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Holy moly the refs were weird as hell in Kekowna/Tbirds tonight.

But hey at least they win 5-4 on a beaut of a classic faceoff cycle to the points onetimer :swoon:

https://twitter.com/Paul4KOMOsports/status/855661999958630400

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

checksin posted:

This would rule

I agree. Right now this is the first time a PEI team has made it out of the second round. I think the level of management has increased out here and a lot of Maritime teams are able to consistently field good teams every two years or so. Saint John is going to lose I think 5 veterans this off season due to age restrictions but the younger players have shown they can fill the voids. SJ winning a 3rd Presidents trophy in 6 years is pretty good. A second Memorial would be better of course.

Hoekie
Apr 22, 2010
Go t-birds. Don't get knocked out in the finals again this year. Obligatory screw Kelowna forever and always.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Kelowna keeps beating Portland in the playoffs but I'm still not gonna root for Seattle

Michael Herringer brought Nic petan to tears because he took over when Jackson whistle choked two years ago

inferis fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 22, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Toledo and Kalamazoo have played a fairly entertaining defense-optional series (4-3, 4-1, 4-6, 5-8, 2-3, 3-4) and have game 7 tonight. go fish

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

c'mon walleye :toot:

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
SJ lost game 2 for their first playoff loss this year. Hoping for better luck and more shots this game. The Islanders and Armada have been pretty evenly matched thus far so it might come down to the wire.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:siren: KYLE BONIS MOTHER FUCKERS :siren:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

boooo tied :mad:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

1-1 halfway through 3rd cmon a toledo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:siren: EVAN RANKIIIINNNNNNNNNN :siren:

EDIT: :siren: NASTASIUK TOO!! GET OWNED, KALAMAZOO :siren:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 26, 2017

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
After losing in overtime in game two, Saint John decided it was time to start playing again and beat Chicoutimi 5 - 0. Good times.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

1 minute, hold on fiiisssshhhh

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FISH WINNNNNNNNN :coolfish:

WE COMIN' FOR YOU, FORT WAYNE :black101:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Really hoping Charlottetown makes it to the finals, seeing them go 8-0 through the first two rounds was great.

Moose Jaw's 19 year-old starting goaltender just committed to the UofA Golden Bears, skipping his over-ager CHL season. Pretty good article about it: http://ingoalmag.com/news/sawchenko-leaves-whl-early-commits-university-alberta/

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Wolves already up 2-0 over Checkers here. If they advance to second round I am gonna snatch up some tickets tonight and go to a game.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Sky blue, water wet, Admirals get swept in the first round.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Infidel Castro posted:

Sky blue, water wet, Admirals get swept in the first round.

:rip:

At least the NHL team is doing decent.

(and they'll need to pick someone because Fiala is gone)

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

iospace posted:

:rip:

At least the NHL team is doing decent.

(and they'll need to pick someone because Fiala is gone)

If they're gonna bring up a winger, Gaudreau would be my pick. Otherwise Kamanev or Riberio might be headed south.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I don't think anyone wants Ribiero going down

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Maybe I've not seen enough hockey in my life of watching a lot of hockey but tonight I saw something I've never seen. One of the checkers started punching Wolves after the horn, when the game was officially over, right before they were all supposed to shake hands, screaming "YOU DIDN'T WIN THIS GAME!!!" as they dragged him away.

Suspend forever imho.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

NomChompsky posted:

Maybe I've not seen enough hockey in my life of watching a lot of hockey but tonight I saw something I've never seen. One of the checkers started punching Wolves after the horn, when the game was officially over, right before they were all supposed to shake hands, screaming "YOU DIDN'T WIN THIS GAME!!!" as they dragged him away.

Suspend forever imho.

I don't care about emotions when it comes to that sort of thing. If it's not legal to do outside the arena don't loving do it in inside.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

It's ridiculous, how the gently caress do you maintain your discipline the whole game and then just lose it like an idiot afterward?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pleads posted:

Really hoping Charlottetown makes it to the finals, seeing them go 8-0 through the first two rounds was great.

Moose Jaw's 19 year-old starting goaltender just committed to the UofA Golden Bears, skipping his over-ager CHL season. Pretty good article about it: http://ingoalmag.com/news/sawchenko-leaves-whl-early-commits-university-alberta/

This is fantastic. Good for this guy for recognizing the opportunity he has in front of him. Pro hockey will still be there when he's 23.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Junior hockey is so brutal because most of these kids were the stars of their home clubs and they have to deal with hitting the limits of their talent when they're only like 16 and it's hard to give up the idea of the NHL because it's so close theoretically. Good for sawchenko though.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Not getting drafted must have been a serious gut punch.

For a goalie, CIS hockey really shouldn't be the end of the road if he wants to go pro afterwards.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
That's why I find Junior hockey somewhat sad. You watch these players do their thing for like 5 years in your city and then either get drafted or shafted. Everyone that gets drafted you hope does well just because you watched them as kids. I have the feeling that this year's Sea Dogs team has a lot of them. A bunch of the vets are drafted but it'll be something for them to make the NHL I think.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

There was some absolutely incredible goalie drama with the Portland Winterhawks. A couple years ago we had Brendan Burke (son of Sean Burke from the Coyotes organization) as our starter and his backup Adin Hill. Burke had been drafted by the Coyotes but had not signed yet. He had a pretty bad season and it was clear that Hill was gonna take over the job. Burke eventually got traded to Calgary and Hill became the number one goaltender. The Coyotes never end up signing Burke and then drafted Hill in his draft year and signed him to an ELC. Burke ended up retiring from hockey to play baseball for a year or something.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Stretch Marx posted:

That's why I find Junior hockey somewhat sad. You watch these players do their thing for like 5 years in your city and then either get drafted or shafted.

I basically root for anyone who came out of the WHL no matter what team they came from because I saw them play as kids.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Stretch Marx posted:

That's why I find Junior hockey somewhat sad. You watch these players do their thing for like 5 years in your city and then either get drafted or shafted. Everyone that gets drafted you hope does well just because you watched them as kids. I have the feeling that this year's Sea Dogs team has a lot of them. A bunch of the vets are drafted but it'll be something for them to make the NHL I think.

The ones who get an education usually end up doing ok. Company I work for certainly ices a hell of a corporate hockey team with former junior players.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Stretch Marx posted:

Like half my rationale for wanting Theo Fleury in the HOF is "He played for Moose Jaw". I'm also still mad at Quebec for not giving Rob Reimer more of a chance.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I got a 4 pack of tickets to a wolves playoff game that includes hot dog and soda vouchers. hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I don't get why people shun minor leagues so much. The prices are much more reasonable, and while you're not seeing the ULTIMATE TALENT in that sport, you're still likely to get a good game.

• Locked thread