Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Haha yeah, one of my favorite Kole moments was during Barbie's horse adventures. It was something like "you broke me Gary."

I've never listened to Teenage Dirtbags, what's a good intro episode?

i thought all of these were real good standalones
ep 20: Freak on a Leash, 22: Anything Can Happen on Halloween, 37: Bicycle Safety Camp, 40: Everybody Hurts, 43: Right Now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

There is no bad Teenage Dirtbags episode. Start at the start for maximum in jokes.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Honestly I'd say duck in on this week's as a good starter and then go back to the start.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Teenage Dirtbags is one of my favorite things. Pick a song/video you like and know, listen to that to see if you dig their style, then go back. It's hard to be completions about it because a some number of the in-jokes are from The Pitch, and the 30+ years they've been doing the show on other platforms.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Song For The Deaf posted:

Teenage Dirtbags is one of my favorite things. Pick a song/video you like and know, listen to that to see if you dig their style, then go back. It's hard to be completions about it because a some number of the in-jokes are from The Pitch, and the 30+ years they've been doing the show on other platforms.

Teenager & The Dirtbag made me laugh so hard I nearly crashed my car.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Vince MechMahon posted:

There is no bad Teenage Dirtbags episode. Start at the start for maximum in jokes.

Will do! Man, it's insane just how much stuff is on the network. I've listened to hundreds of hours, and I'm probably not even at 50% as I haven't heard any Level, Bonfireside, or Darn Ross Kids.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I liked Bonfire Side Chat a lot more when one of your cats was always interrupting. Please include the noisy cat in future broadcasts.

Your Gay Uncle fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 9, 2017

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Rors is a sassy boy who suffered from us getting better mics. I miss him.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bring back Bonfireside Cat.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Song For The Deaf posted:

Rors is a sassy boy who suffered from us getting better mics. I miss him.

Have you considered a one shot episode with Mackey, "Tales from GameStop?" Those are always amusing when they pop up on Retronauts or Abject Suffering, like how WWF War Zone was so worthless it was a $1 trade in.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm almost caught up on Teenage Dirtbags. Ding dong, it's me... THE WEIRD MAN.

Of all the good things TDB has shown me, this might be the best.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The Super Princess Peach woff is great.

still laughing at 'I don't know who fudge is but what you do on sundays is none of my business'

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Can whoever keeps recommending 3D platformers to AS please stop, because every time it leads to the same drab bland 30 minutes of 90s Kids Not Comprehending Slightly Younger 90s Kids

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

So many people cream themselves over like Banjo-Kazooie (thus Yooka-Laylee) but it really is a plodding, boring game. N64 open-ended platformers sucked and Super Mario 64 is the only good one. It was nice to not feel like I'm crazy for having this opinion for once.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

rumble in the bunghole posted:

The Super Princess Peach woff is great.

still laughing at 'I don't know who fudge is but what you do on sundays is none of my business'

Hahaha yeah it's a good ep. I liked the tangent about Gary opening an Anti-DMV, and Kole's plan to live in a monastery.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

misadventurous posted:

So many people cream themselves over like Banjo-Kazooie (thus Yooka-Laylee) but it really is a plodding, boring game. N64 open-ended platformers sucked and Super Mario 64 is the only good one. It was nice to not feel like I'm crazy for having this opinion for once.

For once sure, but do you really need to be told five times from the same people in the same way?

Eh maybe you do, I certainly understand the value of not being alone on some things. I just find it boring.

The Vosgian Beast fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 25, 2017

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I like Banjo-Kazooie, and get sick of the episodes about stuff like that because they always handle it with kid gloves. It's always the same "well I get that people like this, but I don't understand it," platitudes that are boring. Even as someone who likes those games, it would be much better if they just tore into them than this. At least that's funny, and I don't get upset because people don't like the same games as me. Then again, their twitter feeds are already kind of nightmares, so I can't imagine what that would lead to.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

How many times do we have to go over this? It's just a variation on the same thing with people complaining about our being disclaim-y about Dark Souls 3. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't proposition. If we disclaim, we annoy you, if we don't, we hear from people whose feelings are hurt because we're bashing their favorite thing. If it comes down to mildly annoying you with, what I assure you, is mere minutes of digression that comes very naturally to us, or people thinking we think their taste is poo poo and feeling sore about it (regardless of if they have the "right" to feel that way), we'll choose the 3 minutes or so of disclaiming every time.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Bruh, you have the right to try to avoid twitter randos screaming at you over not liking Glover and other people have the right to not enjoy episodes where you're forced to do that and wish you'd find yourself in less situations where it's a necessity. Either way it's a small portion of your output and I doubt anyone here cares THAT much if one of the 12 things you guys release every week is a bit sub-par for understandable reasons.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Can't wait for RFM to start on The Wastelands; it's arguably my favorite in the series. Definitely amusing to me now to think that the wait between The Wastelands and Wizard and Glass was only about seven years, given what endless torture it seemed to teenaged me.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Bruh, you have the right to try to avoid twitter randos screaming at you over not liking Glover and other people have the right to not enjoy episodes where you're forced to do that and wish you'd find yourself in less situations where it's a necessity. Either way it's a small portion of your output and I doubt anyone here cares THAT much if one of the 12 things you guys release every week is a bit sub-par for understandable reasons.

And furthermore, if someone does care that much, they shouldn't, because there are more important things in life than dudes trying to be nice and ending up kinda boring now and then

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

big bag of nacho cheese posted:

Definitely amusing to me now to think that the wait between The Wastelands and Wizard and Glass was only about seven years, given what endless torture it seemed to teenaged me.

We're simulating that wait by putting in two episodes on the Stand, and one on The Mist, between Waste Lands and Wizard+Glass.

But that will be fine, because The Stand and the Mist are good and fun.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah, at this point when there's an episode like Rocket Powered Robot on Wheels I give it ten minutes to see if it's going to be a crazy tangent episode, and if not usually just skip it. Not a huge deal.

On the other hand I pay your salary through patreon rabble rabble rabble *farts in own mouth*

E: Also it's not so much the disclaiming, it's more the same reason you guys don't do edutainment kids games anymore. There's only so many ways a person can say "collecting a bunch of stuff is boring and sucks" before I get the idea.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 26, 2017

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The AS on Smart Ball is a delight. It's always a treat to dig into Gamefaqs gold.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

RE: Abject Suffering: http://www.gamesradar.com/this-revelation-about-50-cents-7-year-old-son-making-executive-decisions-for-2009s-blood-on-the-sand-is-too-good/

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

That's great. Thanks for sharing it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

That game makes so much more sense, now.

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
I'm about halfway through the second Ringed City episode of BFSC and having a pretty good time, having not played any of the DS3 DLC. Richard's a great guest.

The WOFF extrasode for Princess Peach with all the meta chat about WOFF had me thinking back to some of my favorite tangents and gags from the show and since then I can't stop hearing Gary's pronunciation of Khuul from the Morrowind episodes in my head at random points throughout the day.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

We're doing a thing. http://duckfeed.tv/woff2point0

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This is a good plan and I'm excited for it.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I'm a little disappointed that the BSC victory lap is going to be so brisk, but that's just because I'm a glutton for Souls stuff, it makes total sense that you guys are antsy to get on to different things. Really digging all of the changes to WOFF, the themed grouping of games seems real fun for you guys and for the people participating in the game club. Good stuff

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

These changes look pretty rad.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

I'm looking forward to the change, and it's great to hear Gary and Kole so excited about it on the WOFF2cast. You wouldn't think an hour of admin content would be particularly compelling, but the enthusiasm sold it, and I wound up listening to the whole thing on my commute.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks! :)

See you in hell, Dark Souls 3.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Woffle posted:

Thanks! :)

See you in hell, Dark Souls 3.

I thought you guys were going too hard on the game until the DLC came out and it was basically all the worst parts of the base game, condensed into two things I slogged through with basically no joy. Now I think maybe you were going too easy on it, in retrospect. I am probably never going to touch it again, and that makes me really sad. I can't loving wait for the new WOFF stuff.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I had a lot of fun with it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
only that grim specter, the very Death himself, could keep me from touching DS3 again

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I love the Dark Souls series but I gave up on the DLC for DS3, I made it past the angel cover shooter nonsense, fought the Demon Prince boss a few times and went "this isn't even fun anymore" and haven't gone back. If they ever do an HD rerelease of Dark Souls or Demon Souls I'd be all over it though

I don't listen to WOFF but maybe I'll start. I only listen to BFSC and Radio Free Midworld

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

I love the Dark Souls series but I gave up on the DLC for DS3, I made it past the angel cover shooter nonsense, fought the Demon Prince boss a few times and went "this isn't even fun anymore" and haven't gone back. If they ever do an HD rerelease of Dark Souls or Demon Souls I'd be all over it though

I don't listen to WOFF but maybe I'll start. I only listen to BFSC and Radio Free Midworld

WOFF is top tier stuff. Find a couple games you like in the archive and give it a shot.

I beat the DS3 dlc, but also was having zero fun with it. I'm going back to the old games now and they are much better balanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

I love you Gary and Kole. Legitimately excited to hear Gary's hate for Nioh.