Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
i've been super busy this week, but i promise to join you guys soon...i'm eager to test my 1gb fiber on monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I'm more excited than I expected to be for CoD WW2. Also do you guys play Blops 3 or IW more?

I'm on Xbox add me GT: alexjimithing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mostly BLOPS but that's because people are dumb and continue to ignore the superior IW.

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
They did the only thing that could get me into COD: Flung it into space. (They almost had it last time with the addition of DOGGO!) Gameplay for COD has always been simple and fun, but it's always been surrounded by dudebro toxicity so I've stayed far away from it.

Is this game worth it for the single player story?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Mars is the bad guy, which goes against all sci-fi logic, so no.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

The Big Whoop posted:

They did the only thing that could get me into COD: Flung it into space. (They almost had it last time with the addition of DOGGO!) Gameplay for COD has always been simple and fun, but it's always been surrounded by dudebro toxicity so I've stayed far away from it.

Is this game worth it for the single player story?

I mean it's fine but if you want to play an innovative sci-fi single-player FPS, go buy Titanfall 2 instead.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Godzilla07 posted:

I mean it's fine but if you want to play an innovative sci-fi single-player FPS, go buy Titanfall 2 instead.

As someone who generally does not like single player FPS experiences, this is good advice.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

JackGeneric posted:

As someone who generally does not like single player FPS experiences, this is good advice.

Titanfall 2 was on deep discount recently and I figured I may as well pick it up as the first one was pretty good but suffered from the "multiplayer is campaign" stuff. Single player and multiplayer are a lot of fun if not a bit hectic, it doesn't suffer from the "let me hang out in this corner and build a score streak instead of using all the tools the developers gave me" syndrome CoD has been seeing since AW. The only knock against it is that the grunts/SPECTERS distract from player vs player encounters far too much.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

You know, I thought about going back to Blops 1 and 2 since I have a 360 and backwards compatibility poo poo is just a Microsoft-branded 360 emulator, apparently.

Should I just stick with the future, since modded servers are a possible thing?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

widespread posted:

You know, I thought about going back to Blops 1 and 2 since I have a 360 and backwards compatibility poo poo is just a Microsoft-branded 360 emulator, apparently.

Should I just stick with the future, since modded servers are a possible thing?

Some 360 games actually run better on X1, plus you can use all the OS features on it, like video recording.

The modded servers aren't that common, especially with the higher player counts.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I hope WWII has scorestreaks like 'get a quiet moment with your squad mates' like we see in every WWII movie.

Also game needs a better acronym

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

If Battlefield can get away with Battlefield 1, COD can get away with COD: WWII.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Only way I'd play WW2 is if Ronald Speirs is the playable character.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Audie Murphy. :colbert:

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
So is everyone officially done with IW? I need space on my HDD and have to choose between BLOPS 3 and that.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Kizurue posted:

So is everyone officially done with IW? I need space on my HDD and have to choose between BLOPS 3 and that.

JacsNoodleBoy still advocates for IW, he got some people to play the other day, and I see iTrapp (I think that's a goon) on there pretty regularly, but there's been a consistent (roughly every night) group playing Blops 3.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 24, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah I still think IW is the better game but it's an uphill battle. At least in IW i can craft what I want (not that I need since I've had some good drops), i never got anything "great" in BLOPS3 so I just cheese it with a Brecci most of the time.

I will say that the new DLC maps are genuinely good and super fun to play in. Also we're starting to get some nice winner's circle taunts:

https://streamable.com/2z0dy

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah I still think IW is the better game but it's an uphill battle. At least in IW i can craft what I want (not that I need since I've had some good drops), i never got anything "great" in BLOPS3 so I just cheese it with a Brecci most of the time.

I will say that the new DLC maps are genuinely good and super fun to play in. Also we're starting to get some nice winner's circle taunts:

https://streamable.com/2z0dy

Not to mention decent gestures in general. I still swear to my stupid RC-8 Toy gesture.

But still, I give both games a shot. Except when IW's multiplayer gets me on tilt, and there's no good contracts.

I will say though, I do prefer IW Zombies over Blops 3 Zombies. Something about it feeling a lot better in a few ways.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
IW zombies are the only good thing about that game.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

https://twitter.com/emperorkuzko_o/status/855829728179228672

Just saw this one. Pretty good.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

:lol:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Macy's post the video.

Also we should play IW tonight so I can show you all how much better it is now after 6 months of alpha testing done.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I don't have any of the new maps, will that be okay?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah I'm not Javes and the pro crew. We can play whatever. We should have new contracts for the week too.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You can't make me play this game, no matter how hard you try.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You may get 3 bars in IW now.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
i'd have to play IW to get any bars in it, so i guess we'll never know

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I wanna be where the people are
I wanna see
Wanna see 'em shootin'
Movin' around on those
(Whad'ya call 'em?) oh - jetpacksssssss

I mean, I'll play both games but right now I prefer blops3. But if peeps wanna play IW thats cool with me.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So uh, yeah. Contracts in IW this week are... not as good? 10 ground scorestreak kills and 25 payload kills. For 15k Sabre Team Seven MTXP and a spiffy new Taunt hack.

Wait what's the Cerby equivalent in this game again.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
There isn't really anything like the Cerberus. I use the vulture (like the talon) and the warden (like the wraith) and UAV.

For the ground I guess you could try the sentry, though iirc it's kinda crap

feverish and oversexed fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 25, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There isn't one unless you want to count the R-C8? Vulture (Talon) got nerfed so it's no longer the revenge seeking machine it once was :rip:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

If you ever want to see me angry at a pubbie on our team, and miss 6 shots in a row...
Also a good example of why I run the sniper build that I do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OSfb90Mq24

Going perfect and sassing Jacs :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyUjdEUQrpM

Saved this one mainly for the opening chat, and the final kill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrrN3texhSg

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No one dances with me on the winner's circle :negative:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

feverish and oversexed posted:

There isn't really anything like the Cerberus. I use the vulture (like the talon) and the warden (like the wraith) and UAV.

For the ground I guess you could try the sentry, though iirc it's kinda crap

IW buffed the sentry, and then nerfed it after it became OP in hardcore so its trash.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Don't know why IW bothers with streaks when they clearly don't like the concept anymore.

Wookie_Mistake commits suicide via BlackCell:

https://fat.gfycat.com/ShowyCoordinatedBustard.mp4

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 26, 2017

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'd preorder CoD:WWII right this second if Sledgehammer confirmed that they're going back to Treyarch's gritty, grindhouse-style presentation and music of WaW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeWUjNh4d7g

Little-known fact: the gory exploitation film aesthetic of WaW was the reason they thought of including a Zombies mode in the first place. It's a real shame they ditched that and kept the zombies instead of the other way around.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It bears repeating that Treyarch accomplished the whole "hyperviolent 70s/80s style exploitation flick but in WWII" schtick earlier, and better, than Quentin Tarantino.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

It's a shame they dropped the Campaign dismemberment and extreme gore from WaW and BO1 in latter entries. It was much better than the forced hitmarkers they have now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

WaW's MP was the only one with gore IIRC. There's some full-on gibbing in later games, but nothing that actually made me wince like watching my Marine get turned into a pile of bleeding stumps.

• Locked thread