Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Ate a dog today and picked up a tri tip, avocados, and motherfucking helados Mexico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my roommate made one of those pre-marinated tri tips last week and said it tasted like a hot dog. he was actually pretty correct. It was weird.

Still really good though!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The Costco ladies had this delicious Korean BBQ jerky for sale so I bought some and ate most of it and feel only shame, and the hunger for more

I am truly a goon this day

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
I filled a script at Costco today. CVS wanted $490 for 16g steroid cream. $41 even at Costco.

Also I got a $1.50 ALL BEEF HOTDOG WITH FIXINS AND PEPSI

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dely Apple posted:

The Costco ladies had this delicious Korean BBQ jerky for sale so I bought some and ate most of it and feel only shame, and the hunger for more

I can confirm have bought in the past. Good.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

I've eaten so much of that I probably qualify as half Korean. And that was just last weekend.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dely Apple posted:

That looks good, I loving love jerky but my Costco doesn't sell that. They sell the pacific gold which is OK I guess but don't care for it. They also sell the costco streak strip thick cut one which I should try, idk why I haven't yet, I'll do that next time.

I bought this a few trips back and it's loving garbage. it's shredded into like little tiny pieces, it tastes like mush (jerky should have a good stiff tear-factor, not baby food consistency) and really sugary. avoid that garbage.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Chinatown posted:

my roommate made one of those pre-marinated tri tips last week and said it tasted like a hot dog. he was actually pretty correct. It was weird.

Still really good though!

Of course it's good, you can't beat that Costco 100% all beer doggie taste!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I finally went to my local Costco on Saturday and goddammit it was wonderful. What a magical land.

2lbs of strawberries for loving $4! I also live in NH so no sales tax :911:

Need to go back and dog out, though.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Nice. Not sure if any of you have Costco stock, but they just announced a $7 per share dividend payable on May 26, 2017.
I guess my trip to England just got paid off.

Edit: Stock price jumped $6 already in after hours trading.

Meydey fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 25, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
My life for Costco

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Posting from inside a Costco right now. :smug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xaris posted:

That looks good, I loving love jerky but my Costco doesn't sell that. They sell the pacific gold which is OK I guess but don't care for it. They also sell the costco streak strip thick cut one which I should try, idk why I haven't yet, I'll do that next time.

I bought this a few trips back and it's loving garbage. it's shredded into like little tiny pieces, it tastes like mush (jerky should have a good stiff tear-factor, not baby food consistency) and really sugary. avoid that garbage.

I got some turkey jerky that was on sale there about a year ago. I don't remember the brand, it could have even been Jack's Links. Either way it was loving terrible. I got like 3 packs because of the sale and I tried each of them once assuming that the next bag can't possibly be as bad as the last one. First time I've ever thrown a bunch of jerky out. I should make amends by buying some meat from Costco and making my own jerky with my dehydrator.

edit: God must have turned a blind eye here because the nearest place I've found tri-tip is at a butcher about an hour away. Those tri-tip steaks were cheap as hell around Seattle and that was my go to steak for a long time. Come back home to Wisconsin and I'm just ashamed. poo poo, I'm going to start calling around now again to see if any local places carry it.

edit 2: I JUST CALLED 2 GOD drat BUTCHERS AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TRI-TIP (OR SANTA MARIA) STEAK WAS......... WHAT THE EVERFUCKINGFUCK?!

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 26, 2017

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
How can a butcher not know what tri-tip is? :confused:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Cubelodyte posted:

Midwest. You'd think they'd know more about cows but hey, tri-tip might be too exotic. I need hamburger for my casserole but don't add pepper! Too spicy.

I mean, there are 2 tri-tips per cow. Do they just look at it funny and throw it away? I'm like... actually upset about this.

:smithicide:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Meydey posted:

Nice. Not sure if any of you have Costco stock, but they just announced a $7 per share dividend payable on May 26, 2017.
I guess my trip to England just got paid off.

Edit: Stock price jumped $6 already in after hours trading.

If I had $50k to invest in Costco, I'm not sure I'd be concerned about dividends to be able to pay for trips.

My dividends would buy me a nice quarter pound dog, however.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
A whole quarter pound of pure beef dog! PBUH!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I always reinvest my dividends. Costco, use my money for the dogs.

edit: I don't have Costco stock. I invest in funds.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I always reinvest my dividends. Costco, use my money for the dogs.

edit: I don't have Costco stock. I invest in funds.

I bought in at $103 and usually reinvest. Time to be irresponsible now.

All this talk of hot dogs almost makes me want another one. I walk to the warehouse multiple times a week, but always skip the fc.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I was house-sitting my 'rents place last weekend for a day and made lunch. Raided the fridge and found a pack of 1/4lb Kirkland Brand All Beef Hot Dogs.

It was a good afternoon.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Chinatown posted:

I was house-sitting my 'rents place last weekend for a day and made lunch. Raided the fridge and found a pack of 1/4lb Kirkland Brand All Beef Hot Dogs.

It was a good afternoon.

Fuckin a, fuckin... a

That's a good fridge!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

With onions and relish... piled high

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Xaris posted:

They also sell the costco streak strip thick cut one which I should try, idk why I haven't yet, I'll do that next time.

We love those. I hate it when some jerky is just too fibrous, dry, and tough, but those have a great consistency, and the taste matches the texture.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

That sauerkraut tip is god tier.

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 26, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

:wow:

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Woah doesn't look busy, the one I'm near never has anywhere to sit

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Woah doesn't look busy, the one I'm near never has anywhere to sit

I was there when it opened, pretty sure I had the first quarter pound doggie of the day! You can see that Lennox hvac fucker already cat calling people. Does every Costco have them?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I was there when it opened, pretty sure I had the first quarter pound doggie of the day! You can see that Lennox hvac fucker already cat calling people. Does every Costco have them?

Pretty sure the staff already had a dog or two before opening. The perks of working next to unlimited beef, a quarter pound at a time.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I was just reminiscing on a fond Costco memory - got an Ultrabook that was like $2000 for $1300 or so on Black Friday '16 - and since it's Costco, I strolled in at like 11 am and there was no line or fear of the item being out. then the pops and I celebrated my purchase with dogs, lots of relish, some onions.

costco is great for buying laptops!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The Cubelodyte posted:

Blessed are we in California who get tri-tip, but in a lot of other states the part that would be "tri-tip" are just parts of other cuts

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

binge crotching posted:

Pretty sure the staff already had a dog or two before opening. The perks of working next to unlimited beef, a quarter pound at a time.

Not if the management is around, employees Don't get perks like that

jamoncorona
Apr 9, 2014

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Now instead of the hot dog, have the bratwurst (usinger's, made in Milwaukee) with the kraut. I feel sorry for plebs that have to make due with polish sausages instead.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yes. Also the DirecTV dude up front by the TVs, but I get to dismissively tell them that my wife works for Comcast. :feelsgood:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

jamoncorona posted:

Now instead of the hot dog, have the bratwurst (usinger's, made in Milwaukee) with the kraut. I feel sorry for plebs that have to make due with polish sausages instead.
you get loving brats at costco food court!?!?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

a hole-y ghost posted:

i think its a regional thing

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

All the kiosk type people at my Costco never say poo poo except on my way out they'll say "Have a nice day". They now I ain't stoppin', they seen me eat my dog.

jamoncorona
Apr 9, 2014
[quote="a hole-y ghost" post="471769861"]

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax
I mean, 50 bucks to get unlimited brats, kraut and spicy mustard at a buck fifty? Ok, that may be worth the membership.

I could get a few and it would last me all night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

We have a guy that tries to sell AC units. He always says "Do you own a home?" to which I reply, "Your generation made sure mine would never be able to afford one lol" gently caress boomers.

I can afford 1.50 dogs and ice cold beverage all day though. Costco is the steward of my generation.