Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

cheetah7071 posted:

Nino is one of the best units in the game

The difference between boosting Camilla and Nino is prob pretty big then yeah? Just wasn't sure if Eirikas buffing power would bring more than the increase between Nino and cam. Thank you very much by the way!

Oh speaking of 5 star guys, I'm assuming most people would mulch seliph and m corrin for feathers right? Brash assault doesn't look like a world beater and it doesn't look like those two would do anything all that much better than eldigan does already, unless I'm really missing something.

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

My Life and Death 2 Julia (+atk/-hp) can safely bait most Takumis with a def buff and can OHKO most Takumis with an atk buff. You might not need a dedicated Takumi counter if you have Julia (though obviously run the numbers with the one you actually have)

I forget what her IVs are but I'll have to check cause that'd be really useful, thanks for pointing that out.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I refuse to believe anyone actually likes this rear end in a top hat.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I refuse to believe anyone actually likes this rear end in a top hat.

Regardless of liking him or not, leveling him up for the quests was some of the least fun I've had in this game.

He's a glass cannon, except despite his good Speed, his Attack is garbage. So you get to watch him be unable to hurt most of the green axes and die to green mages that he can barely kill with a Rally Attack + Dance.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 26, 2017

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
For the unforgivable sin of having a single merged unit (a 40+1 Eirika) in arena, I have been consigned to life of facing 694 rating teams with 3 vantage hectors (three!!!) or 3 40+4 units until the end of time

after burning 8 dueling crests, I decided to just take the single unit death I got and settle for a score of 4731

whoeever told me that having a merged unit would have little or no consequence, I DISAGREE

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I vote that all lava maps be banned from the arena. Just had a good arena streak end because of dumb chokepoints. The opponent team being Takumi/Lucina/M!Robin/Julia didn't help either.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

For the unforgivable sin of having a single merged unit (a 40+1 Eirika) in arena, I have been consigned to life of facing 694 rating teams with 3 vantage hectors (three!!!)

So free wins?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Andrast posted:

So free wins?

I have but one Eirika to handle them all and then they murdered her!!!

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I have but one Eirika to handle them all and then they murdered her!!!

See, this is why my Olivia has TA3. She takes about 4 damage from Hectors and murders them continuously.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Sophism posted:

He's a glass cannon, except despite his good Speed, his Attack is garbage. So you get to watch him be unable to hurt most of the green axes and die to green mages that he can barely kill with a Rally Attack + Dance.

Can't you fix that with say Life & Death?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

AweStriker posted:

Can't you fix that with say Life & Death?

you could just...use the hana you're mulching for life and death instead?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Navarre's cuter.

But idk is it really better to have less def/res if you're trying to level someone up? It's not like Navarre is swole enough to kill in one shot.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Tae posted:

"Congratulations on the Female Robin GHB rerun!"

"More B. Tomebreaker! Awright!"

Yes! More B. Tomebreaker for all my other units mwahahaha!

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Hmm, looks like my Julia is +HP/-Spd. Have to dig up one of those Sims to see if LaD 2 will be sufficient.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
No Ike yet, but I did get a 4-star +spd/-res Nino, which I assume is roughly tied for best IVs. Guess I know what my next project is!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm scared to roll Ike. I'll probably get Firs or whatever.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope one day to be lucky enough to make a pull worth screenshotting

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Idk if I want Soren. I still don't understand what the -swept skills does. Also he's lame.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
3 5 pulls and I got a 4* Roy for my troubles.

I'll save up more orb and then maybe try a fourth.

EDIT: I hear you, brother, I hear you. I got three fuckin' Hinatas.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Seventy-seven orbs down the drain. If I pull another God damned Hinata I'm quitting this loving game

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Got a 5* Eirikia (+HP/-SPD) and a 4* Camilla(+DEF/-SPD). I'm dry on orbs but I'll be able to make another roll before the banner goes away.

How's Eirika anyway? I'm not even sure how to use her or what team she goes in other than as a Rallybot.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Muh fury. I actually like Hinata so I'm sad I literally had not gotten one of him

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Got a 5* Eirikia (+HP/-SPD) and a 4* Camilla. I'm dry on orbs but I'll be able to make another roll before the banner goes away.

How's Eirika anyway? I'm not even sure how to use her or what team she goes in other than as a Rallybot.

Eirika is an amazing buffer, handles greens and is good vs. swordlords if you give her swordbreaker. She fills the red slot really well.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Andrast posted:

Eirika is an amazing buffer, handles greens and is good vs. swordlords if you give her swordbreaker. She fills the red slot really well.

Cute but I've already got Subaki for every red unit and a Hector for most other stuff. I've been running Spring Camilla in my third slot.

So she'd be good for handling greens but otherwise she's just... a Roy (which I already have) that can buff. A nice sidegrade.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Got up to 4,50% and felt pretty pissed, but then I got Hector and two Titanias. Yeh, I'm fine with that.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
gently caress me I was not ready for this banner at all but thankfully managed to get Ike, Soren, and Titania with the meager ~100 orbs I had :stare:

I don't give two figs about art quality or stats or IVs, all I wanted was Boyfriend Emblem so I'm set for life or until they release RD variations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Did a pull and it gave me 3 colorless orbs and 2 blue orbs. gently caress you too, game.

Also, does anyone know what the hell Bruno's deal was supposed to be? I know from one of the paralogues that there was some backstory but, lord knows, I can't remember it.

Also, also. My Carrot Sword/Ardent Sacrifice/Renewal/Breath of Life-faux healer Bunny Chrom is THE BEST on these defend maps.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
no greens from my pull, and the stuff i opened anyway was all 3* :(

also gee i wonder what the true identity of this 'prince bruno' is :thinking:

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Pulled a 5* Fae. Happy enough that I got something because Draug has officially worn out his welcome.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i think this game knows i want titania

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Now that the SoV banner is dead, is Lukas 5* or 3-4*?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

loving game gave me soren

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

Now that the SoV banner is dead, is Lukas 5* or 3-4*?
4-5*

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Another goddamn nino
Two titania ugh
4 star eirika, effie, george, camilla, lachesis

No ike in 100

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Tae posted:

Another goddamn nino
Two titania ugh
4 star eirika, effie, george, camilla, lachesis

No ike in 100

i spent 120 orbs and only got one lousy soren :sigh:

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
Given that Ike's max stats and skills are posted, has anyone done any theory crafting as to potential optimal builds?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

i spent 120 orbs and only got one lousy soren :sigh:

Better than 0 (for admittedly less orbs) :(

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Got Soren in first 20 orbs.

Skills seem kind of boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU