Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Something about that "You're a hugger, huh?" "I'm a BEAR" commercial bugs me and I don't know why

vermin fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

All of the galaxy s8 commercials make me want to buy an iphone out of spite.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Faustian Bargain posted:

Just wait until all the iPhone 8/7S commercials start up in the fall.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Faustian Bargain posted:

Username Post Combo.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7MJy/homewood-suites-homewood-suites-by-hilton-song-by-sweets

This plays every single break on SyFy if you're watching poo poo on demand. Sometimes twice (their ad system seems to glitch a lot and play the same ad back to back.....second place for most annoying goes to the Toys R Us "Easter Time Machine").

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohxZ99K8TRM

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The car worth dying for.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
You know I've heard dubstep and EDM music that is good and not just constant screeching, so why must commercials pick the worst "all sirens and noise" tracks? 5 Hour Energy is the biggest culprit.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I've been hearing and seeing ads for male testosterone enhancers because the American Man™ is getting wimpier with every new generation.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

I've been hearing and seeing ads for male testosterone enhancers because the American Man™ is getting wimpier with every new generation.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

That Apple Watch commercial that starts with that stupid loving heart-eyes emoji that transitions into a person wearing heart-shaped glasses making the same stupid loving face comes on like 5 times a show when I watch anything on the CW website. It starts terrible and manages to get worse all the way to the end. A lovely ad for an even shittier product, both of which nobody asked for.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Didn't he disappear? Did they ever find him?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Clamknuckle posted:

Didn't he disappear? Did they ever find him?

It's hard to hide with a massive boner.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The sprint commercial with the guy and matching dog is incredibly creepy.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

TMMadman posted:

The sprint commercial with the guy and matching dog is incredibly creepy.

It gets a little better if you pretend it's snippets from a Wes Anderson film

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

IronSaber posted:

Not to mention Gearbox partnering with G2A, a site notorious for buying game licenses from individuals who bought them first-party with stolen credit cards, thus screwing developers and giving G2A a hearty profit margin.

Gearbox is cold diarrhea in a dixie cup.

Wait, what? I thought G2A was one of the only key sites that largely doesn't do that, which is why they're relatively safe to use (sketchier key sites run the risk of getting your Steam account banned or just having the game inexplicably disappear from your library) and also why their prices rarely go below the lowest recent Steam sale price.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

"Smoking can take the wind out of even the biggest and baddest."

So
wolves = smokers = cool = villains = societal predators
pigs = non-smokers = fat/lazy = good guys = honest hardworking folk

vermin fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 27, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

vermin posted:

"Smoking can take the wind out of even the biggest and baddest."

So
wolves = smokers = cool = villains = societal predators
pigs = non-smokers = fat/lazy = good guys = honest hardworking folk

this all checks out

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

There's an emissions joke in that Volkswagen ad, but I can't find it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Holy.poo poo.

I want to edit in him seeing a Pepsi ad and buying a Pepsi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm-ZMB3kzaw

Beastie fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 1, 2017

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Wait, what? I thought G2A was one of the only key sites that largely doesn't do that, which is why they're relatively safe to use (sketchier key sites run the risk of getting your Steam account banned or just having the game inexplicably disappear from your library) and also why their prices rarely go below the lowest recent Steam sale price.

Nope. G2A give no shits about where their keys come from. They're basically selling games out of the back of a van despite all their efforts to try and look legitimate.

Some developers have outright said to pirate their games rather than buy from G2A.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Beastie posted:

Holy.poo poo.

I want to edit in him seeing a Pepsi ad and buying a Pepsi.

Commercializing guilt? State Farm is there.

I actually don't mind the concept of it so much since volunteering can be uplifting, but does it have to be State Farm Insurance brand volunteering? I went to the site and it's all in State Farm red and white colors with the name everywhere, and most of the stories it shows at a glance come off as celebrities advertising their contributions to charity. Couldn't get the search function to work but it might just be the network I'm on. There's already a bunch of free volunteering search sites out there that aren't owned by Fortune 500 companies.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
WalMart has a commercial where three are three people working at a food bank and 2 of them are wearing green generic "Volunteer" shirts and the person in the middle is wearing a blue shirt that says "WalMart Volunteer" and it just made me a little sick to my stomach.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Parachute posted:

WalMart has a commercial where three are three people working at a food bank and 2 of them are wearing green generic "Volunteer" shirts and the person in the middle is wearing a blue shirt that says "WalMart Volunteer" and it just made me a little sick to my stomach.

You'd think the WalMart blueshirts would be the one standing in line for food.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

IronSaber posted:

You'd think the WalMart blueshirts would be the one standing in line for food.

They are.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
no no no, Walmart, dig up, stupid!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

vermin posted:

Commercializing guilt? State Farm is there.

I actually don't mind the concept of it so much since volunteering can be uplifting, but does it have to be State Farm Insurance brand volunteering? I went to the site and it's all in State Farm red and white colors with the name everywhere, and most of the stories it shows at a glance come off as celebrities advertising their contributions to charity. Couldn't get the search function to work but it might just be the network I'm on. There's already a bunch of free volunteering search sites out there that aren't owned by Fortune 500 companies.

Yeah, the Pepsi ad is just sorta the most egregious example of companies trying to profit off "social awareness." Ditto GE's spot about "why aren't we as excited about this woman winning the Nobel Prize for engineering as we are about celebrities", which you know, is a nice sentiment but it's to make them look good for hiring women.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Parachute posted:

A while back I happened to volunteer for park trail upkeep on the weekend that one of the local conglomerates (Wal-Mart? Intel? I don't recall anymore) was doing a service push. It was so odd to have people whining that at least they got work comp, or the corp was paying for their school to do a field trip if they pitched in, and I was the only one who actually wanted to be there.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ziprecruiter blinds ziprecruiter ziprecruiter blinds ziprecruiter strawberries ziprecruiter blinds ziprecruit- *shoots radio*

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

DJExile posted:

ziprecruiter blinds ziprecruiter ziprecruiter blinds ziprecruiter strawberries ziprecruiter blinds ziprecruit- *shoots radio*

I can't her a Shari's Berries commercial without subconsciously hearing Bill Burr's "SHARI'S BARRIES" read of it, so I really don't mind those so much. But yeah, ZipRecruiter is going real hard on radio and podcasts, and Indeed doesn't seem too far behind, either.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Bruceski posted:

The car worth dying for.

That ad is terrible, but Audi has made a "Security" A8 sedan model in the past for warlords etc., it's pretty badass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A8#A8_L_Security_.282014.E2.80.93.29

BMW has made the same for some models.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
The Zippah guy is actually addressing the fact that everyone hates him in his ads now.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm not sure if that's better or worse, honestly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Proflowers commercials/podcast ads are weird because they keep referring to their flowers as "blooms." Nobody says that.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

muscles like this! posted:

Proflowers commercials/podcast ads are weird because they keep referring to their flowers as "blooms." Nobody says that.

I think it's because they get shipped to you before fully blooming, and there's apparently some method afterward that'll cause them to fully bloom. Griffin on MBMBaM goes into it a bit on this week's episode, and I think Scott Aukerman has said something similar before.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

oh man I kept noticing that too

and yeah they're meant to bloom and open after they arrive but that's still really odd phrasing

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Really tired of the Chase the Wrapper break ad from Trix.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Rirse posted:

Chase the Wrapper (Get it?) VS Lil Yachty Cold Like A Sprite Soda, who wins?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Rirse posted:

Chance is a cool guy and a good human being so he gets a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Glazier posted:

Chance is a cool guy and a good human being so he gets a pass.

I was willing to give him a pass for the Halloween version, because I could hold out hope that I'd never have to see it again after Halloween.
But then they just replaced it with an identical non-Halloween version that I've had to see a million times a day for the last 6 months, and that was just going too far