Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

* Yes, I know. "B-b-but my farming!"

LickTheWhisk incoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

There is almost no reason to buy any MP cards not named Ra Dragon or Dark athena. Maybe Yomi Dragon if you squint hard enough.

Signed me, an idiot with a Neptune Dragon, Xiang Mei, Ragnarok Dragon, and Yomi Dragon

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Like, if you just have two good subs for D.Athena you can just slap a couple of Zaerog8 (or Grida) on top of that and clear everything.

The R.Haku x2, Loki, Persephone teams and the like are just the (currently) optimal bullshit and are always shifting. (outside of haku who is ridiculous)

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Paul Zuvella posted:

There is almost no reason to buy any MP cards not named Ra Dragon or Dark athena. Maybe Yomi Dragon if you squint hard enough.

Signed me, an idiot with a Neptune Dragon, Xiang Mei, Ragnarok Dragon, and Yomi Dragon

Also signed. My shame dragon count is currently at 3 Xiang Mei, 2 Yomidra, Neptune Dragon and Odin Dragon. Odindra RIP because no drat dark cocoon :(

Though yomidra was really good when it first hit, so that's less of a RIP. XM was also good when it hit but went downhill fast. Ra Dragon is really the only thing to have really withstood the test of time.

SweetJahasus posted:

Never not RHaku for DAthena teams.

Basically. My JP Dark Athena team is Dark Athena/RHaku/RHaku/RHaku/DIza and it wrecks. rHaku is too good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

One day XM will be cool and good again and I'll actually use her.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Paul Zuvella posted:

The reason to buy anything is so that I can sell things without the game yelling at me about being at MP cap.

MrMoose posted:

Also signed. My shame dragon count is currently at 3 Xiang Mei, 2 Yomidra, Neptune Dragon and Odin Dragon. Odindra RIP because no drat dark cocoon :(

Though yomidra was really good when it first hit, so that's less of a RIP. XM was also good when it hit but went downhill fast. Ra Dragon is really the only thing to have really withstood the test of time.

Basically. My JP Dark Athena team is Dark Athena/RHaku/RHaku/RHaku/DIza and it wrecks. rHaku is too good.

Are you a follower of our Lord and Saviour, RNGesus? Does he bless you with 60% = 100% SBR?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

UchihaHirou posted:

The reason to buy anything is so that I can sell things without the game yelling at me about being at MP cap.

Are you a follower of our Lord and Saviour, RNGesus? Does he bless you with 60% = 100% SBR?

They're probably a follower of our Lord and Saviour, SBR Badge. I know I will be once DAthena comes around.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, let's talk inherits for a moment. Here's my setup:

Base team - Dathena, Haku, Haku, Persephone, Durga

Mons available for inherits - Lumiel, Ryune, Eschamali, Indra, Viper Orochi

Which mons should I inherit on whom?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

DaveWoo posted:

Escha over Persephone. Ryune over Haku, Lumiel over other Haku. Even though Lumiel is a worse board than Haku, the active gets rid of Predras and the like. I don't think you will need Indra since you will have a lot of HP. Viper in this case is worse than Dathena's base active IMO. Unless you think the one extra turn is worth it.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Kuros posted:

Escha over Persephone. Ryune over Haku, Lumiel over other Haku. Even though Lumiel is a worse board than Haku, the active gets rid of Predras and the like. I don't think you will need Indra since you will have a lot of HP. Viper in this case is worse than Dathena's base active IMO. Unless you think the one extra turn is worth it.

Orochi does provide skill delay protection for DAth, so in particular you can hard-counter Kagu in arena. (gently caress Kagu, I hate him.)

A point in favor of Lumiel's board change is that you can combo it with Escha's G->D when needed. That gets you a 1/2 D, 1/4 each R and B board which is pretty good. Escha also combos with Ryune.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

maou shoujo posted:

Orochi does provide skill delay protection for DAth, so in particular you can hard-counter Kagu in arena. (gently caress Kagu, I hate him.)

Good point. Yea, then put Orochi over DAth.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

The stereotypical teams have a long delay, a jewel girl, or an absorb-breaker on the Athenas, defensive/utility skills on the Hakus, a damage boost on Durga, and a board/orb change on Persephone that leaves hearts.

Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxHHBQy-tgY

So I would go DAthena (Orochi), Haku(whatever), Haku (Indra), Durga (Lumiel for the 100k damage), Persephone(Ryune)

If you do get some decent damage boost (better than Durga's) then you inherit it on top of her and put lumiel on the first Haku.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 27, 2017

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

One day XM will be cool and good again and I'll actually use her.

Is it true once you get 4-5 XM is amazing? Or are DA and RaDra still way beyond XM?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

trucutru posted:

The stereotypical teams have a long delay, a jewel girl, or an absorb-breaker on the Athenas, defensive/utility skills on the Hakus, a damage boost on Durga, and a board/orb change on Persephone that leaves hearts.

So I would go DAthena (Orochi), Haku(whatever), Haku (Indra), Durga (Lumiel for the 100k damage), Persephone(Ryune)

If you do get some decent damage boost (better than Durga's) then you inherit it on top of her and put lumiel on the first Haku.

My thoughts on this are why you would have Indra over Haku since that takes away one of your board changes and Lumiel over Durga takes away your spike.

Personally I try to to put a like for like assist if both skills are viable. I would think that if you insist on Indra, put him on Persephone who has the least important skill out of the whole team. Leave Durga without an assist if necessary.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Is it true once you get 4-5 XM is amazing? Or are DA and RaDra still way beyond XM?

It was 3 to system her, with the other two slots being filled in by Gadius and Uriel. But no, she's effective but slow and tedious. Radra and DAth are popular because they are effective and efficient.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kuros posted:

My thoughts on this are why you would have Indra over Haku since that takes away one of your board changes and Lumiel over Durga takes away your spike.

Personally I try to to put a like for like assist if both skills are viable. I would think that if you insist on Indra, put him on Persephone who has the least important skill out of the whole team. Leave Durga without an assist if necessary.

Like, if you're using durga as a spike unless there is no alternative then there is something wrong with you, that's why your friend's athena has a spike. Non-awoken Durga is there as a provider of skill delay resist and damage, not for her lovely skill. So lumiel goes on top of her. And the shield goes on top of the haku because you already have plenty of board changes.

You can put your assists wherever the hell you want without much issue but for hard content you want maximum flexibility, and putting a like for like assist on top is the opposite of that. Yes, this means that you have to plan your turns more carefully but in the end it makes for a more powerful team.

Putting Indra on Persephone is fine.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 27, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
man it's really weird that they added a lobby browser for 3p where it doesn't matter what your partners leader is, but didn't for 2p where you gotta find a matching leader

maybe next update

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

maou shoujo posted:

It was 3 to system her, with the other two slots being filled in by Gadius and Uriel. But no, she's effective but slow and tedious. Radra and DAth are popular because they are effective and efficient.

Fair enough. Just need to find out which assists to use for Dath, r my second Haku and I'm ready to have fun (hopefully).

I'm thinking maybe :

Blonia
Karin
Karin
Lumiel
?

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 27, 2017

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I'm thinking

Dathena(VO)/Haku(Ryune)/Haku(Karin)/Persephone (eschamali)/Loki(?)

I could do another Karin I guess. I can put Lumiel somewhere in there or even sleeping beauty for binds.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

trucutru posted:

Like, if you just have two good subs for D.Athena you can just slap a couple of Zaerog8 (or Grida) on top of that and clear everything.

My alt used a team with S.Roots and Vishnu on it to get skill resists until I got some other stuff evoed. It still destroyed everything.

Main runs Haku x3 and Loki.

Does anyone have that old waifu Haku video of the guy running a team of only Hakus and stoning his way to victory?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I have every single one of the required/good subs for Dathena, but I'm exactly 300kmp short because I bought a Radrag. Oops...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sell the good subs, problem solved.

Just Revod both Hakus. And persephone. And Yomi. :shepicide: It's taking me 2 sessions to max one. Off-color feeding knocks off about 2-2.5M XP which sucks but with DAthena (maybe) coming sooner I figure I might as knock out her subs and be done with them before continuing to max out the box.

Current progress:
XP Farmed: 162,823,750
XP Bonus Average: 1.16
Total Power Ups: 340

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Still salty that I have zero real Hakus despite all the pulls over the years I've made for her, If I setup a D.Athena team it'd be something like: D.Athena/R.Loki/R.Persephone/Sima Yi/???? with other orb changer options like Blonia, Shinji+eva01, a 2nd R.Persephone, or maybe the NYE Haku I have if I'd want her active as a non-inherit. Also have units like Kali Kaworu but him as a sub means not being immune to skill disables unless I can run a second R.Loki. Zuoh seems like they'd be an ok board change sub and would give a 5th SB passive? Other possible inherits include Indra and Exa-Hydra (assuming they can inherit).

I'm also short on the MP without selling excess/dupe units.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Trucu leave your Goemon up 24/7 this week thanks in advance.

:yeah:

Using his Goemon with my idiot team of Goemon/Yamato/Revo Shiva/Tengu/Belial. I can just barely not survive all 4 enemies on round 1, but 2-3 of them hitting means Revo Shiva pops their active and then I just use an active per turn (if necessary) and Truc's Goemon on floor 4 then sweep on 5.

Tengu's only there for the skill passives, could probably swap him for someone else(Tsubaki if I had the mats to evo her I guess) and be fine but IDK. Once I max level him I might be able to survive 4 hits too.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

MrMoose posted:

So who else is running Voltron? Because I am about to plus this team up and need friends. 350,083,245

E: we're already friends

I'm running Kenshin, which is a bit like Voltron jr. 303777322 for other Voltron havers

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Zo posted:

man it's really weird that they added a lobby browser for 3p where it doesn't matter what your partners leader is, but didn't for 2p where you gotta find a matching leader

maybe next update

The one situation where your partners matter in 3p is if you're running a 5+enhance lead and the person ahead of you in the turn order has no on-color enhance awakenings for you.

Sorry to all the Revo Yomis I screwed over while running Kushi or Julie

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
haha looks like gungho managed to get puzzcombo removed from the Google play app store, pretty impressive and fast since it was a popular app as it had over a million downloads

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Using his Goemon with my idiot team of Goemon/Yamato/Revo Shiva/Tengu/Belial. I can just barely not survive all 4 enemies on round 1, but 2-3 of them hitting means Revo Shiva pops their active and then I just use an active per turn (if necessary) and Truc's Goemon on floor 4 then sweep on 5.

I just gave him like 900 extra HP so maybe you'll be able to survive now?

Zo posted:

haha looks like gungho managed to get puzzcombo removed from the Google play app store, pretty impressive and fast since it was a popular app as it had over a million downloads

Soon half of japan will be looking for puzzcombo in the same places we US players download the latest versions of pad and the radar.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Won't be long before they sell android phones with puzzcombo installed.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
Currently brainlessly farming Zaerog's thing with Goemon / RD Shiva (100% void, up on turn 1) / Dragon Killer Tsubaki / Rodin / Tengu / friend Ganesha. RD shiva, match 3 turns 1 and 2, rodin 3, goemon 4, ganesha the goemon board. Fast and basically 0 attention required.

So far, I've maxed out revos of.... Freyr, Hermes, Astaroth, Sakuya, 2 Hakus, Leilan, Meimei, and half a Loki. Plus a bunch of other crap like the Silk I pulled.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

trucutru posted:

Soon half of japan will be looking for puzzcombo in the same places we US players download the latest versions of pad and the radar.

I'm expecting the developer will discontinue support for it

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

I'm pretty salty that i didn't download it before it went away, maybe the apk sites have it cached

I should download it just to deal with that loving white snake and the 9 combos with bombs bullshit. Although I guess it wouldn't be able to handle that crap anyways.

Got a nice combo practice app to practice boards with but that hasn't helped my slow rear end very much.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Done with the Hakus, halfway done with Perse. 180M XP farmed so far! :shepicide:

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

UchihaHirou posted:

Dark Izanagi is a JP exclusive with 2x SBR: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3173

Basically he fills the Loki spot.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

trucutru posted:

Between that and me leveling Tengu I survive with about 250hp if all 4 attack one the first turn now. Time to get to work on Ares, Leilan #2 (and eventually awoken/revo one or both) and then get Loki max leveled so I can awaken and revo him at some point too.

Zo posted:

I'm expecting the developer will discontinue support for it

Why would they discontinue it if it suddenly gets much more popular?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why would they discontinue it if it suddenly gets much more popular?
you should probably read what we were talking about first, friend

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oh sweet, Eldora's coming on the first. Really looking forward to her, excellent Danta sub.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:ssj: FUUUCCCCCCKKKKK YOOOOOOUUUUUUU!!!!!! :ssj:

Twenty-fifth's time the charm!

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I can't get past level 5 :(

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zo posted:

you should probably read what we were talking about first, friend

It looks like you're talking about puzzcombo.

So again, what makes you think they'd discontinue support for it? Short of Gungho asking/suing them to do so and the developer complying they have no reason to do so and pulling an app from the play store isn't going to make people who downloaded the app suddenly stop using it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Evil Fluffy posted:

It looks like you're talking about puzzcombo.

So again, what makes you think they'd discontinue support for it? Short of Gungho asking/suing them to do so and the developer complying they have no reason to do so and pulling an app from the play store isn't going to make people who downloaded the app suddenly stop using it either.

It's a lot harder to monetize your development efforts when you lose access to the majority of your audience (i.e. why keep developing if you aren't going to make money). Granted, I've never used PuzzCombo so I don't know how they're monetizing if at all.