Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

https://twitter.com/diamonon/status/857328841626222593

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dias posted:

So truly the new TvC we all deserved.

lol disney shelling out for good developers

Like, if there's a company that cuts more corners and monetizes more aggressively than Capcom, that company is Marvel.

well they already tabbed Squeenix to do an Avengers game and Insomniac to do a Sony-joint dev game for Spiderman so they're throwing all kinds of darts to see what sticks. It'll certainly end up better than using people like Beenox, Raven Software, and whatever other Z-Tier dimestore devs Activision has.

Marvel should have cut ties and given a shitload of monies to ArcSys, letting Daisuke Ishiwatari make the game of his dreams with Wolverine, Captain America, and Mako--I mean, Squirrel Girl

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I call BB Makoto "Makonana" because it's shorthand for her full name and it's cuter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sol badguy and wolverine would be a good team

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MinibarMatchman posted:

well they already tabbed Squeenix to do an Avengers game and Insomniac to do a Sony-joint dev game for Spiderman so they're throwing all kinds of darts to see what sticks. It'll certainly end up better than using people like Beenox, Raven Software, and whatever other Z-Tier dimestore devs Activision has.

Marvel should have cut ties and given a shitload of monies to ArcSys, letting Daisuke Ishiwatari make the game of his dreams with Wolverine, Captain America, and Mako--I mean, Squirrel Girl

raven software was not a z-tier team gently caress you

taken from us too soon (to the eternal purgatory of making CoD maps)

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

"boy aren't they gonna feel dumb when i finally finish my long-awaited fetish fighting game"

*makes 50 posts about why skullgirls and MVC:I is dumb*

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ultramega posted:

"boy aren't they gonna feel dumb when i finally finish my long-awaited fetish fighting game"

Broken clock

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

later: 'yeah i said there was dp motions, it's down down'

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

He looks like a loving Rob Liefeld drawing.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
https://twitter.com/_watsu/status/857301941755543553

Real hurthling! posted:

Sol badguy and wolverine would be a good team

yeah but do they kiss

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Ultramega posted:

Why do you hate me for calling a spade a spade

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Like many historic messianic figures, people hate me and reject my message because I tell them the truth

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I appreciate the effort necessary to get to SaltyBet.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
get hosed Marvel, Senko no Ronde 2 is coming! https://www.famitsu.com/news/201704/27131851.html

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
god exists

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/857455154915811328

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Real hurthling! posted:

Mvc3 on ps4 is a bad port with laggy input and unplayable online.

Also you can Get the free version of doa5 instead of buying

Thanks. For that price I could unlock perhaps 2.5 characters in the free version, so I'll probably buy the full game. Mai isn't included though 😢

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I'm excited for Tekken 7 and may even buy it on launch. It makes me hopeful for fighting games not sucking if people actually buy it. :unsmith:

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Renoistic posted:

Thanks. For that price I could unlock perhaps 2.5 characters in the free version, so I'll probably buy the full game. Mai isn't included though 😢

Zach shoots eye beams get him.

Lant fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 27, 2017

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

i've been hooting and hollering uncontrollably for the past 6 hours i've known about this

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Gundam VS coming out in the west this fall too! Between that, Senko no Ronde, and Puyo Puyo Tetris, 2017 basically has checked off all my wildest dreams for localization

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

whoa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJLX0pQnMU0

looks fun

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Harada removed Roger Jr. from western Tekken 7 because of that one Youtube video of that guy and the dog and MvCI lets you "land combos in the high 20 hits range with just two buttons". Chaos reigns.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
new mvci gameplay trailer (mostly stuff that was shown in that 5 minute leak)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_H2YEcS1d8

and some gameplay impressions

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/marvel_vs_capcom_infinite/b/playstation4/archive/2017/04/27/50-details-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite.aspx

Here's the ones I thought were notable:

quote:

10. The control scheme moves away from Marvel Vs. Capcom 3’s three-attacks-plus-launcher button layout and instead has four attack buttons (light and heavy punches and kicks), as well as one button apiece for swapping characters and Infinity Stones.

13. You can perform an automatic combo by mashing the light punch button. This combo leads into a launcher, a few air attacks, and spikes the opponent back down.

20. The build we played replaced several uppercut motions for special moves with two downward taps. It’s not final yet, but the team likes the way it makes moves easier to perform.

21. As of this writing, only some characters use the simplified motion. Ryu, for example, still currently uses the signature uppercut motion for his Shoryuken, but that could change in the future.

24. ”Happy Birthdays” (when one character pulls off a combo on two characters at once) can still happen if you time your tag poorly.

25. Happy Birthdays do not, however, deal extra damage to the secondary character, as they did before.

26. Advancing Guard returns, and can now reflect projectiles, if timed correctly. This doesn’t work on beams like Iron Man’s Unibeam.

Jmcrofts fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 27, 2017

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
dash nerf though

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

Gundam VS coming out in the west this fall too! Between that, Senko no Ronde, and Puyo Puyo Tetris, 2017 basically has checked off all my wildest dreams for localization

Serious post everyone should play the gundam versus series since they loving own.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Monaghan posted:

Serious post everyone should play the gundam versus series since they loving own.

it looks like the one game where the weird anime 3rd person arena naruto style works

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Kins posted:

Harada removed Roger Jr. from western Tekken 7 because of that one Youtube video of that guy and the dog and MvCI lets you "land combos in the high 20 hits range with just two buttons". Chaos reigns.

loving sjws!!!!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Kins posted:

Sounds like they merged Simple and Normal control mode. Interesting, and not a bad idea honestly. I don't like the loss of one character, but the Infinity Stones could potentially add more depth so I am a bit conflicted. It might be really hard to balance those stone powers without making every character feel generic.

I will wait and see!

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Just spit balling but Power and Time seem much better than Space? The Space super seems pretty good on the other hand.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
TIME STONE TIME STONE TIME STONE TIME STONE

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
"There were learnings," Evans says.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

It might be really hard to balance those stone powers without making every character feel generic.

https://twitter.com/muchanzy/status/833781259600089088

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

CharlestonJew posted:

TIME STONE TIME STONE TIME STONE TIME STONE

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Tekken 7 story mode looks pretty sweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z7_K6PYH1M

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Every time you use the power stone a new Power Stone game gets released

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/oneida__/status/857424514736689152

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

this is a supreme own and also kofxiv never really looked as bad as people said

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

who on earth is saying that besides people directly associated w the game

also kof and marvel 4 both look like butt and marvel 3 looks infinitely better than both

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It did, then it got a little better