Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I always forget about Sound Shapes but it was really cool as a small platformer with neat music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I'll look into all of these, is the Last of Us more Naughty Dog/Uncharted vibes? I hate the blockbuster movie sheen quality and cheesiness of it, the only reason I kept playing is because the gameplay and landscapes were kind of fun, and some of the set pieces were interesting, still isn't my thing.

I don't have PS+ yet because I don't have any games to play with my friends but I think I'm going to get Ark to play with a couple friends, but I just bought Unravel on a whim and gently caress is it gorgeous and fun. So calming, great music, great graphics and what seems like an emotional story. Glad I picked it up, but I still have the 20$ PSN card, leaning towards putting it towards of a month of PS Now.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

bloodychill posted:

I always forget about Sound Shapes but it was really cool as a small platformer with neat music.

Yeah, I grabbed Flower, Flow, and Sound Shapes on a whim when PS4 launched. If you bought them on PS3 you could cross play on PS4. They were pretty on PS3, but gorgeous on PS4. I may load up Flower again for the hell of it now that I've got the Pro and a 4K TV. I actually think Flower might have gotten enhanced for it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the tone of the last of us is very very different from uncharted. it's not a cheesy action flick in the slightest. the prologue alone will convince you of that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gently caress i hate ryuji so much in p5 he ruins every sensitive conversation chasing the person away. The game would be hours shorter without him and his screaming phantom thieves in public.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Imhotep posted:

I'll look into all of these, is the Last of Us more Naughty Dog/Uncharted vibes? I hate the blockbuster movie sheen quality and cheesiness of it, the only reason I kept playing is because the gameplay and landscapes were kind of fun, and some of the set pieces were interesting, still isn't my thing.

I don't have PS+ yet because I don't have any games to play with my friends but I think I'm going to get Ark to play with a couple friends, but I just bought Unravel on a whim and gently caress is it gorgeous and fun. So calming, great music, great graphics and what seems like an emotional story. Glad I picked it up, but I still have the 20$ PSN card, leaning towards putting it towards of a month of PS Now.

Might as well if you were gonna buy Abzu honestly , it'll be cheaper. It's a fun game and it sounds ike your style from the other things you've posted about but you'll probably only play it once

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Real hurthling! posted:

gently caress i hate ryuji so much in p5 he ruins every sensitive conversation chasing the person away. The game would be hours shorter without him and his screaming phantom thieves in public.

Everyone look at this person and his really bad and wrong opinions.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mordiceius posted:

Everyone look at this person and his really bad and wrong opinions.

Glad you agree

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

Ryuji is cool

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the real vulgar boy is right here in the thread

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Imhotep posted:

Last of Us also looks like an expensive Hollywood movie, but it's a gritty horror drama instead of a globetrotting heist adventure. No cheesiness and way more grounded than Uncharted. Better story and better gameplay too. Amazing multiplayer .What I'm trying to say is buy TLOU now please.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ryugi chases mona away and gets him injured so he and you all can eat poo poo

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Just FYI the new titanfall update/dlc was dropped yesterday

And it is loving AWESOME.

Also if you own a PS3/4 but don't have PS+, you are literally losing money and doing it wrong. It's an amazing deal.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I was surprised to hear that the internet apparently hates Ryuji because he's really not all that different from every Persona male sidekick character ever.

I admit I'm not that far yet so maybe that will change.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

glam rock hamhock posted:

I was surprised to hear that the internet apparently hates Ryuji because he's really not all that different from every Persona male sidekick character ever.

I admit I'm not that far yet so maybe that will change.
Junpei and Yosuke are also bad though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Whats the titanfall dlc?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

New map and modes and lotsa balance and bug fixes! Neat https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/12003/a-glitch-in-the-frontier-the-patch-notes/

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Looks like it's time to play again this week.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The VIP assassination mode sounds amazing

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Schremp Howard posted:

I'm intrigued by persona because of the acclaim it gets here but want to see it in action before I jump in and buy it. So a stream of video or anything would be ideal but Altus is dumb.

There's streams of it all over twitch, what are you on about

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Finally got my FFXV plat :toot:

Now onto the Gladio DLC, but...later. Ready to play something else that's not a long RPG.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ryuji's cool and I haven't had issue with him aside from them laying on the "oh dear I just don't get these ultra-layman's psych concepts" bit pretty thick early on.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Ryuji is a gigantic terrible fuckboy and easily the worst of the Junpei/Yosuke archtype.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I have no problem with ryuji

the only annoying thing is morgana telling you not to do things because it's a constant, unending stream of "no don't do that"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Are you guys getting on TF2 tonight?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Ryuji is a gigantic terrible fuckboy and easily the worst of the Junpei/Yosuke archtype.

There is no world where Ryuji is worse than either Junpei or Yousuke.

Ryuji is a cool dude who has charge and the party attack up buff and also has the funniest lines in the game (although a couple of Yusuke's sight gags are better).

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In P5 I mainly want to know why your foster dad is Rusty Venture

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

Real hurthling! posted:

Ryugi chases mona away and gets him injured so he and you all can eat poo poo

Other than this part, I thought he was great. I liked his social link story and everything.

But that part was so rough, I was seriously wishing for a "loving shut up Ryuji!!!" Dialogue choice the whole time.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
He brought you into this world in a fit passion and he'll remove you from it the same way.

Except not?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Why is Japan so (inconsistently) weird about streaming anyways?

It's funny, because I'm pretty sure Donga Ronpaul got localized because of how popular the LP on these here forums were.

Edit: Ryuji is great and I hate that Morgana treats his so lovely. I don't even remember what Ryuji did to warrant the reaction from him in the first place. I think that same dynamic was there between a couple characters in P3 and P4 and it's really lovely.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 27, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

codenameFANGIO posted:

They don't want people to see how long it takes to load. Which is pretty funny.

Is that for real? I haven't even noticed the load times in 16 vs the atrocious ones in 14 and 15.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ryuji is dumb as bricks and deserves the scorn from the idiot cat who thinks it's my goddamn nanny.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't care if this is a double post, Teddie had his anxieties, but he was excellent to everyone and made bear puns. He'd probably probably encourage the P5 MC to stay out late because there's partying to do and bear puns to make.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bethesda on reddit re Prey demo.

"We're looking into why it's not showing up yet in North America on PSN. As pointed out in other comments, you can search for the demo on Xbox One and find it that way.
Thanks for your patience!"

Great start so far!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the intern that updates the psn store is on his break cut him some slack please

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't care if this is a double post, Teddie had his anxieties, but he was excellent to everyone and made bear puns. He'd probably probably encourage the P5 MC to stay out late because there's partying to do and bear puns to make.

Teddies was a creepy rear end in a top hat Morgana just wants you rested

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Started Automata last night. Didn't really know what to expect because I'm not a huge fan of Platinum Games output but I have to say it has grabbed me pretty hard. The genre shifting during combat is really neat and it is really nice and unique looking.

I'm actually enjoying the combat a lot. It's nicely balanced for me on normal and looks slick as gently caress.

The only issue I have so far is the the voice work is a bit poo poo. Very anime.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
You know what I don't like about persona 5. Every time you get a trophy, you can't get a screenshot. I liked that feature of the PS4

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

DoctorGonzo posted:

Bethesda on reddit re Prey demo.

"We're looking into why it's not showing up yet in North America on PSN. As pointed out in other comments, you can search for the demo on Xbox One and find it that way.
Thanks for your patience!"

Great start so far!

poo poo happens. A link is late on someone's store. Somehow, life goes on.

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

glam rock hamhock posted:

In P5 I mainly want to know why your foster dad is Rusty Venture

If we can't wear a speed suit, Sojiro's Sunday Outfit should really be a DLC option

CharlestheHammer posted:

Teddies was a creepy rear end in a top hat Morgana just wants you rested

https://twitter.com/Octopimp/status/857346862067535873