Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

kidcoelacanth posted:

I watched the EE&E movie finale a while back and I get what it was going for in giving the trio a happy ending, but the way they arrived at it felt kind of unearned.

Felt pretty earned to me, Eddy finally realizes what an rear end in a top hat his brother was and how trying to emulate him was starting to turn him into one, Edd finally showed something of a spine in confronting Eddy's brother, and Ed did something smart in his contribution to defeating Eddy's brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
When is that video game toon combo in OK K.O. supposed to start? They can't really burn this meatball thing fast enough as I don't think people will put up with another weekend or two of this crap.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All we know is sometime this summer. My guess is June or July and they'll start dropping promos during next month's Stevenbomb with a month of episodes.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 25, 2017

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Haven't watched the films, but I tried watching one of the Cloudy episodes and the grown man in a diaper is enough that no-one who worked on this show should be allowed to work on anything ever again.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I really wish the bomb format would die, all it does it make a spike of and then starve out interest over and over, that and it makes any of cute more mundane episodes feel like they're taking up space from more plot episodes.

Also yeah the Cloudy show just looks like a miserable pile every time I've looked at it for any extended moment.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Haven't watched the films, but I tried watching one of the Cloudy episodes and the grown man in a diaper is enough that no-one who worked on this show should be allowed to work on anything ever again.

That happens in the movie, but he is in a diaper significantly less. The thing is that Brent was like a mascot for a sardine company when he was a baby and really never moved on.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm going to enjoy this season. New episodes of Steven Universe and later, Star Vs, and both shows are promising to get somewhat nuts :allears:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/meemoo1470/status/856761879255023616

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Ben died on the way back to off of his home planet.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
That is... that is something alright.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I feel so bad for Justice League Action. Being trapped in one slot in the early morning.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

MonsterEnvy posted:

I feel so bad for Justice League Action. Being trapped in one slot in the early morning.

When it actually airs.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Caught up with Star vs. Can season 3 start approximately now please

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Junpei Hyde posted:

Caught up with Star vs. Can season 3 start approximately now please

Knowing Disney's scheduling, we may be lucky to see it before 2020.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Star is back This Summer™.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
There's even a new intro that people have seen, allegedly!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

There's even a new intro that people have seen, allegedly!

what kind of evil do you have to be to say such a thing so tantalizingly with no links?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Trebuchet King posted:

what kind of evil do you have to be to say such a thing so tantalizingly with no links?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
edit: ^^ this guy knows what's up

Trebuchet King posted:

Because it was only aired at the gallery event I posted about earlier and nobody was allowed to record it, so there are no links :v:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

For all the money they're spending on marketing this, you'd think they could have sprung for better animation. Or art direction that doesn't look like a parody of mid-2000's web animation.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

The entire "look" for Carmen is based on the box art, in much the same way that people thought Mavis Beacon was a smiling sunny black woman on the box, and not the name of a company.

That's because Mavis Beacon isn't the name of the company but the name of the mascot.

Mavis IS the black woman on the box while The Software Toolworks is the company that made the product.

(Unless I'm misreading what you're saying...)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I think what he's saying is that people thought Mavis Beacon was an actual person and not just the name of a product that has a picture of a black lady on the front.

Pakled posted:

For all the money they're spending on marketing this, you'd think they could have sprung for better animation. Or art direction that doesn't look like a parody of mid-2000's web animation.

You would've thought the same for the Powerpuff Girls reboot, and that dumpster fire was chock full of animation errors.
Speaking of, I haven't seen it on the schedule lately, was it Boomerbanished or merely cancelled?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

raditts posted:

I think what he's saying is that people thought Mavis Beacon was an actual person and not just the name of a product that has a picture of a black lady on the front.

You would've thought the same for the Powerpuff Girls reboot, and that dumpster fire was chock full of animation errors.
Speaking of, I haven't seen it on the schedule lately, was it Boomerbanished or merely cancelled?

I saw it slinking around Boomerang earlier today around dead hours and between blocks of Looney Tunes Reruns. So even in the animation ghetto that is rerun channel, NPPG is less important than vintage Tom and Jerry, whatever the hell Grizzly and the Lemmings is and other nothing My Knight and Me. I don't know whether its funny or sad that Peanuts is dying faster than the last traces of Not Power Puffs, but there ya go.

I'd also like to check ratings levels between all of these bombs as I'm getting the feelings they're starting to become predictable and drag numbers down. They sure as poo poo are likely tanking on weekends these days.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I feel like with Regular Show over and Gumball/Adventure Time on their way out, CN's in desperate need of a new big hit. I hope it's OK KO. I mean, I have no doubt that it's going to be good, Ian J is good people, but I just hope it's popular enough.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Gumball's dying down? I thought that had like maybe a year or so before it becomes too old, unlike AT which is just dead in the water.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I still like Adventure Time.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crabtree posted:

Gumball's dying down? I thought that had like maybe a year or so before it becomes too old, unlike AT which is just dead in the water.

Season 6 is going to be the last season. Of course, knowing Cartoon Network scheduling, that means the final episode could be airing any time between this June and November 2018 so

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Pakled posted:

Season 6 is going to be the last season. Of course, knowing Cartoon Network scheduling, that means the final episode could be airing any time between this June and November 2018 so

If I recall properly season 6 isn't officially the last season, it's just the last season the creator is going to be working on, we haven't gotten a confirmation regarding cancellation

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Adventure Time as a show has really aged as time passed, and went from just wacky low-stakes adventures to drama, to focusing on characters and exploring Finn's puberty, and now it feels like it's exploring the issues of growing old and having to make peace with the zany ever-changing world around you, and I feel like it has to be ready to die at some point. It's no longer the top of the pile for Cartoon Network's selection, that's Steven Universe now.

I like the little story arcs they've been doing lately; the focus keeps them from going too weird like some of the more recent standalone episodes, but it's a fundamentally different show from what it started out as.

I welcome the shelving of old shows that have passed their prime, because that's just an opportunity for something else new and great to come along.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

SlothfulCobra posted:

Adventure Time as a show has really aged as time passed, and went from just wacky low-stakes adventures to drama, to focusing on characters and exploring Finn's puberty, and now it feels like it's exploring the issues of growing old and having to make peace with the zany ever-changing world around you, and I feel like it has to be ready to die at some point. It's no longer the top of the pile for Cartoon Network's selection, that's Steven Universe now.

Lol no, Teen Titans Go has been CN's golden child for a long time now.

This current Adventure Time arc seems like it would've worked pretty well as a video game plot, unlike the piles of garbage they've made for their actual video games.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

raditts posted:

Lol no, Teen Titans Go has been CN's golden child for a long time now.

I mean they've played it for like 60% of their weekly schedule sometimes, it'd be kind of shocking if it wasn't their "highest rated" show and whatever else.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yardbomb posted:

I mean they've played it for like 60% of their weekly schedule sometimes, it'd be kind of shocking if it wasn't their "highest rated" show and whatever else.

Yeah I can just imagine them using the excuse that Justice Leauge Action does not get near as much ratings as Teen Titans Go to can it. Despite one show having over 300 slots in the week while the other only has 1.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Clarence and We Bare Bears aren't promoted wall-to-wall by Cartoon Network, but they're very good shows. I think Bears has a significant following in Asia as well.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We Bare Bears is a very good show, and if CN knew what they were doing they'd promote that as their Next Big Thing. Because it's a very good show that more people should be watching.

(Please watch We Bare Bears :()

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
What are you talking about? At least bears has that modified jingle going on that's been played a few times a day since its bomb, which is more than Clarence has right now being only shown in a Ben 10 ad. Hell, that's the other inept part of the bomb only formula. Ads only come from bombs!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

get that OUT of my face posted:

Clarence and We Bare Bears aren't promoted wall-to-wall by Cartoon Network, but they're very good shows. I think Bears has a significant following in Asia as well.

Does Clarence still come on? I don't think I've seen it in ages.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Last time it was on was April Fools I think.

mystes
May 31, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

If I recall properly season 6 isn't officially the last season, it's just the last season the creator is going to be working on, we haven't gotten a confirmation regarding cancellation
Oh great. Even better.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Clarence got cancelled so that's on its way out too. And of course, the shambling already-dead corpse of Uncle Grandpa they trot out every once in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

Also Clarence got cancelled so that's on its way out too. And of course, the shambling already-dead corpse of Uncle Grandpa they trot out every once in a while.

Uncle Grandpa got canceled years ago, but cut up the last season into several parts around 2016. I'm not even sure they're pretending its alive anymore as I don't see it anywhere in US CN broadcasts.