Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

key party favors posted:

America's Hero in BNHA should be a bad rear end Toshiro Mifune type Samurai dude who takes Japanese honor super seriously, despite being an American... kind of how like All Might is All American despite being magically Japanese. He would speak in Koans and confuse his students, but his heart would be in the right place....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Please don't ruin Snipe's secret identity

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Fabricated posted:

Hori and Tataba's cover swaps for Jump Giga finally showed up.

This looks like it could be the cover of an awesome old PS2 game.

This loos like the boxart for a bad PS1 game.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Fabricated posted:

Hori and Tataba's cover swaps for Jump Giga finally showed up.

These are pretty great, except the Uraraka pose. And i shant stand for this disparaging of the Black Clover guy.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I would expect nothing less than rear end from the Black Clover guy

:colbert:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

These are pretty great, except the Uraraka pose. And i shant stand for this disparaging of the Black Clover guy.

:colbert:

He's objectively correct. There is a not-insignificant amount of rear end in that image.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that cover looks alright (except uraraka), but the mha characters look kinda weird in that art style

which is weird because I don't think black clover looks wrong at all in mha's style, but I guess that's probably just because I like the art in mha more

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Horikoshi took this opportunity to show off the strength of his art fundamentals, especially composition.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Darth Walrus posted:

He's objectively correct. There is a not-insignificant amount of rear end in that image.

Hm, i guess i took that rear end the wrong way.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I personally thought the rear end was intended both ways.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The worst thing you can say about the other one is "Bakugo's about to shoot himself out of a giant slingshot", and that's just in thumbnail. (Plus, let's be real, you could totally see him doing that if it meant punching Deku faster.)

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Horikoshi is easily one of the top 3 artists currently working at Jump, so the other guy's art suffering by comparison shouldn't come as this revelation. But that's a real bad Uravity, even by those standards.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
To be honest Tataba's cover comes off like it should be leading into a chapter on Mangastream.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Horikoshi is a really loving good artist, y'all

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

Except for his shading

Everyone looks like they're out of a Pixar cartoon and it doesn't work for me, he rounds the edges of his shadows off too much

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Godamnit Golden Week.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
If you cover up the feet the legs seem to switch around.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TheKingofSprings posted:

Except for his shading

Everyone looks like they're out of a Pixar cartoon and it doesn't work for me, he rounds the edges of his shadows off too much
For a dude who literally went to art school he can't seem to stop picking color palettes and shades that cause his covers and color pages to be absolutely murdered by CYMK.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Grouchio posted:

Godamnit Golden Week.

For some dumb reason I thought that this just meant One Piece and and at least I'd have MHA this week... :negative:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Grouchio posted:

Godamnit Golden Week.

this is the only time in the whole year when horikoshi gets to rest his broken arm nubs you loving monster

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Subs are coming soon of the first My Hero Academy OVA. Get hyped.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

this is the only time in the whole year when horikoshi gets to rest his broken arm nubs you loving monster

You cannot stop him
Hell emerge from golden week with a full color tankobon

"See see right here where this guy gets pasted by overhaul, i used my own blood, I just couldnt find a suitable red"

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 28, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I think you'll find he had that week where he burnt out or something so he's used all of his holidays for this year. Mangaka life is no mercy.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
To help tide you over Golden Week, here is a video of Horikoshi drawing a Deku: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPn2GRiwSg

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
And he does this all day, every day, fifty-one weeks a year. Jesus.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
That's how you become the Berserk or Hunter X Hunter guy eventually.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean the hunter x hunter guy already had one completed shonen series that he was extremely unsatisfied with and seems to have a kind of depressive personality and the other guy has been drawing published manga since he was 12 and also loves idolmaster

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
It also doesn't help that the HxH guy for most of his life drew while laying on his stomach which has pretty much destroyed his back.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
What blows my mind is that he doesn't wireframe or anything at all. That's nuts.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

i mean the hunter x hunter guy already had one completed shonen series that he was extremely unsatisfied with and seems to have a kind of depressive personality and the other guy has been drawing published manga since he was 12 and also loves idolmaster

Yeah, but they also did crazy amount of work for years before destroying their health.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

SwissArmyDruid posted:

To help tide you over Golden Week, here is a video of Horikoshi drawing a Deku: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPn2GRiwSg

:worship:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

TriffTshngo posted:

It also doesn't help that the HxH guy for most of his life drew while laying on his stomach which has pretty much destroyed his back.

Is that really what did it? I thought it was a genetic thing.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Oh hey new vigilantes

http://readms.net/r/vigilante/007%2B%20Alpha/4221/1

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I love Knuckleduster so much.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
He's got such a great smile. :madmax:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
If they move this series to another magazine I am going to lose it. We've had to do this "lay out the entire series again for new readers"-poo poo twice now.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Vengarr posted:

If they move this series to another magazine I am going to lose it. We've had to do this "lay out the entire series again for new readers"-poo poo twice now.

Is that why they keep doing it? It feels a bit like groundhog day, how many times are they gonna reintroduce the characters and situation??

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Sindai posted:

He's got such a great smile. :madmax:

I think what I like most about him is that more than any other character in either comic (with the exception of maybe All-Might or Stain) he looks the most like a cast-off western comic book character.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
he's a powerless dude who wants to beat up street crime and drug dealers. he's batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
He's also a crazy homeless guy with no qualms about random violence.