Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

All your cattes are amazing. I had a female ginger called Paisley when I was a kid. Awesome cats, and I never met a ginger male who wasn't awesome either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I just discovered yesterday that Geki has faint ginger freckles on her little pink nose. :neckbeard: I'm so in love.

cloven hoof
Mar 17, 2009
Your cats are so cute, thanks for sharing their pictures. OP is right, orange cats are the best.

Gorgar posted:

Orange cat the first. My old roommate named him Clarence. He was wrong about this, but the name stuck. Great cat though, very much a loner. Found in the back forty of an old farmhouse I lived in, took months to coax inside. Not much miaow, but kind of a plurrrp noise when he was happy. He lived on the landing halfway down the basement stairs most of the time.

Orange and white cat, eventually named Simba. Showed up at an old converted schoolhouse I rented in the middle of nowhere. Took seconds to coax inside. Softest miaow ever, almost never used it. He might have been at least part Norwegian Forest Cat or Maine Coon. He had all kinds of fur between his toes. But he lived in front of the space heater whenever it was on, and was always in whatever room I was in.

Clarence and Simba's Tundra Adventure:

Never Mind, gently caress Adventure: (note by the tracks in the snow how far they got)

Sadly, they are both gone. They were best cats and are still missed.

My first ever short-haired cat. Also the first upside-down one. Bruce was left behind by some people who apparently gave him drugs, and slammed his tail in the door as they moved out. Presumably the tail bit was accidental, at least. Those people sucked, some friends rescued him, couldn't keep him, and now he lives with me. He's kind of weird and only has two settings: quiet and screamy. No miaow. Very sociable, though, and if not napping, wants to be around people.

Sometimes, Bruce is in the sink. I think this is because he's a very muscular cat who runs hot, and likes cool surfaces to lie on.

Orange cats loving rule:

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Thanks! Bruce has turned out to be a really fantastic cat too. I don't understand how anyone could have left him behind. Rereading that, I had to go call him, then follow him to his special dish and pet him while he ate (his favorite thing these days).

stevewm
May 10, 2005

This is apparently comfortable..

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

stevewm posted:

Sleepytime dance party!

:toot:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

stevewm posted:

Checks out.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Getting me back for bathing him. Sorry lil' dude, you were leaking poo poo again. And you also bit my finger, so extra thanks.

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm5ENWov6vQ

Unnecessary video of my cat and her favorite cactus and me breathing like a creep.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

sensy v2.0 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm5ENWov6vQ

necessary video of my cat and her favorite cactus

Who's a nice orange kitty girl? She is, yes she is!

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

I'm just being self-absorbed.
It doesn't matter if no one's listening.

Love that pose! :3:

Boo is real comfy today.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Here is Bazooka, he is a Good Cat with a wonderful personality and gentlemanly behavior.

Delayed Reaction
Mar 18, 2009

I am known as the Queen of Delayed Reactions for a reason, heh.
I'm still trying to come to terms with 2 of my cats having to be put to sleep within 3 weeks of each other. They were the best cats! Both had the happiest, loving dispositions and I'm so heartbroken. Letting them go was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. I couldn't have asked for more loving companions. I try to comfort myself with the knowledge that they had the best most wonderful lives any cat could ask for and that they grew up with my son for 2 decades. They are laid to rest, side by side, in the prettiest and sunniest part of my courtyard. (They were indoor cats).

This is Zuki, he passed in my arms on Friday January the 13th, 2017. He was 18. I'll forever dislike Friday the 13th!

This is Skooter, she passed in my arms as well on Wednesday February 8th, 2017. She was 20.

I had to let them go even though I wanted to keep them with me. They were the best!

However, I have a 4 year old named Bebop and she is my soulmate in cat form :) I rescued her and pretty much raised her like a human baby, so she and I are so close.

Here's Bebop sleeping on my shoulder after I rescued her from a thorn bush after she had been abandoned across the street from my house:

Here's Bebop sleeping all crazy as a kitten :)

Here she is Christmas morning 2016 all grown up:

I don't think I'd have made it without Bebop. But I'm forever grateful to have had Zuki and Skooter for as long as I did. Thanks for reading <3

Edit: Oops, Bebop is not orange but she still rocks :)

Delayed Reaction fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Feb 19, 2017

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

Here is Bazooka, he is a Good Cat with a wonderful personality and gentlemanly behavior.

Like a feline James Bond, how dapper

Delayed Reaction posted:

I'm still trying to come to terms with 2 of my cats having to be put to sleep within 3 weeks of each other. They were the best cats! Both had the happiest, loving dispositions and I'm so heartbroken. Letting them go was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. I couldn't have asked for more loving companions. I try to comfort myself with the knowledge that they had the best most wonderful lives any cat could ask for and that they grew up with my son for 2 decades. They are laid to rest, side by side, in the prettiest and sunniest part of my courtyard. (They were indoor cats).

This is Zuki, he passed in my arms on Friday January the 13th, 2017. He was 18. I'll forever dislike Friday the 13th!

This is Skooter, she passed in my arms as well on Wednesday February 8th, 2017. She was 20.

I had to let them go even though I wanted to keep them with me. They were the best!

However, I have a 4 year old named Bebop and she is my soulmate in cat form :) I rescued her and pretty much raised her like a human baby, so she and I are so close.

Here's Bebop sleeping on my shoulder after I rescued her from a thorn bush after she had been abandoned across the street from my house:

I don't think I'd have made it without Bebop. But I'm forever grateful to have had Zuki and Skooter for as long as I did. Thanks for reading <3

I'm so sorry for your loss, Skooter and Zuki looked like great cats and they lived to cat old age which is great :3: Bebop is adorable and she does indeed rock.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I'm sorry for your loss. Here are some beans that I hope will make you smile!

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I've never met an orange mackerel tabby that wasn't a wonderful pleasant and playful cat. I wonder if it's something in the genes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Delayed Reaction posted:

Bebop is a good cat, who is clearly in need of a little cowboy hat. :allears:

Or at least a handkerchief around her neck.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Got a new kitten a couple days ago. His name is Bobby. He fell asleep licking his own rear end in a top hat earlier.

Here he is next to our 2 year old Norwegian Forest Cat, Cheeto.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Eee!

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Pebble again, curled up here. Little dude is one week into his recovery from a subtotal colectomy. His second episode of complete constipation required two vet-administered enemas, and was followed a week later by a third episode, so gently caress you large intestine, you gotta go. We really were hoping to not have to go through the major surgery route for at least a couple years, too.

Now all he does is poop.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Revvik posted:

Now all he does is poop.

"Not gonna lie, Boss; it's like 90% poop in here now. You're gonna have to burn it."

Zamasu
Nov 4, 2016

I'm just being self-absorbed.
It doesn't matter if no one's listening.

Boo is tucked in and ready for a nap. :3:

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

Signe is probably telling me to buy more guitars

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So many beautiful cattes...sob...I cannot possess them all!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
One of these things is not like the other. One of these things is a goof.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

sensy v2.0 posted:

Signe is probably telling me to buy more guitars

Is she named for the Clapton song?

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

Is she named for the Clapton song?

Probably not. She was named by her previous owner (old lady who died) and the name itself is an old Nordic/Swedish name that means blessed. Pronounced sing-neh.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

sensy v2.0 posted:

Probably not. She was named by her previous owner (old lady who died) and the name itself is an old Nordic/Swedish name that means blessed. Pronounced sing-neh.

Just wondered, seeing as she was in a guitar case.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

New lion cut for tigger!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Omg he looks like he's wearing little ugg booties.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I told a small child at Take Your Kid To Work Day that I liked orange cats.

Edit: I went to a meeting and when I came back the kitty party had grown. :3:

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 27, 2017

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Welcome to Meet the Press with your host, Oscar the Cat.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm not gonna lie all orange tabby's kinda look the same but this is Hodor he is mine and he is majestic.

Also appreciates belly rubs.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
That is an excellent orange cat.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I stopped him from eating a different cats puked up food today but I still like him.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

attackmole posted:

I stopped him from eating a different cats puked up food today but I still like him.

Why do people insist on disrupting the natural cycle?

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Look at this goddamn BEAST of an orange catte:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-39931050

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

quote:

Omar typically rises at 05:00, eats a couple of scoops of dry cat food for breakfast, lounges around the house, plays in the backyard, naps on the trampoline and eats raw kangaroo meat for dinner.

"We buy human-grade kangaroo meat at the supermarket," Ms Hirst said. "It's the only meat we could find that he actually wants to eat."

That cat is metal.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

This is Edge. I hope he suffices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Solus posted:

This is Edge. I hope he suffices

I'm seeing a "9" on the coat of that beautiful cat