Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope
I just wish the cold beverage wasn't a Pepsi product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

My Costco doesn't even sell regular brats and I feel like I'm being raped. I'm currently going to the elderly German lady who previously had to recall all her pork products and capitalising on her 10 for $10 deal on brats.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

BossTweed posted:

It's okay, sugary drinks aren't good for you any way.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

jamoncorona posted:

[quote="a hole-y ghost" post="471769861"]
you get loving brats at costco food court!?!?

drat

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got some turkey jerky that was on sale there about a year ago. I don't remember the brand, it could have even been Jack's Links. Either way it was loving terrible. I got like 3 packs because of the sale and I tried each of them once assuming that the next bag can't possibly be as bad as the last one. First time I've ever thrown a bunch of jerky out. I should make amends by buying some meat from Costco and making my own jerky with my dehydrator.

edit: God must have turned a blind eye here because the nearest place I've found tri-tip is at a butcher about an hour away. Those tri-tip steaks were cheap as hell around Seattle and that was my go to steak for a long time. Come back home to Wisconsin and I'm just ashamed. poo poo, I'm going to start calling around now again to see if any local places carry it.

edit 2: I JUST CALLED 2 GOD drat BUTCHERS AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TRI-TIP (OR SANTA MARIA) STEAK WAS......... WHAT THE EVERFUCKINGFUCK?!

You left the PNW, literally nothing in your life will ever be as good as it could have been. :shrug:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Toilet Shoes posted:

I mean, 50 bucks to get unlimited brats, kraut and spicy mustard at a buck fifty? Ok, that may be worth the membership.

I could get a few and it would last me all night.

You don't even need the membership to go to the food court.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Relevant Tangent posted:

You left the PNW, literally nothing in your life will ever be as good as it could have been. :shrug:

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Hi,

I, as an adult, have such a strong preference to a children's sugar drink that I choose what restaurants I go to based on it, and complain about it on the internet.

:cmon:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

BossTweed posted:

How come they don't have Mountain Dew?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Relevant Tangent posted:

Yeah, I know. Stop loving reminding me. :mad:

Guess what though. I lived in the motherland. That's right. I lived in Kirkland, WA. :worship:

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Yeah, I know. Stop loving reminding me. :mad:

Guess what though. I lived in the motherland. That's right. I lived in Kirkland, WA. :worship:

Except corporate is in Issaquah now. Issaquah Signature does not roll off the tongue quite as well though..

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Meydey posted:

Except corporate is in Issaquah now. Issaquah Signature does not roll off the tongue quite as well though..

:(

They should move it to Sequim.

Kitchen Dick brand hot dogs.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Bought generic allergy pills. Paid for membership.

Costco is life.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Scored 8 pounds of pork tenderloin for less than $14 last Thursday.

Cut it up, froze it all save two tender slices for that night's dinner.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Those guys have electricity? Would they have to salt the lamb to preserve it?

Well, even the PA dutch goes to Costco. poo poo's legit.

Praise be.

I lived in Lancaster, and know that Costco well. It even has parking/hitching posts for the buggies. The Amish tear it up in there regularly.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Bought generic allergy pills. Paid for membership.

Costco is life.

Same but we get to buy 3 of these a year so it pays 3 times. PBUH Costco holy be thy name

naem
May 29, 2011

The Amish often do really well financially, every young married couple gets a free house built for them, and they make and sell a lot of nice stuff that there is a demand for and keep it all in the family until there's a 7 or 8 figure net worth

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
I'm going to come out and say it.

Have you ever seen a Vitamix demonstration in Costco? yknow that 500 dollar blender ? I'm afraid to admit it.

I did that poo poo... for 3 and a half years

So yeah, if you've imagined it at Costco? I've seen it.

Old man slip and crack his head open? Yep

The Costco in Lancaster PA with buggy parking? Yep

People getting in a screaming argument over ham? Yep.

The day before Thanksgiving? YEP.

12 hours a day, 7 days straight.

non stop serving out samples.

100% Commission.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

shut up netface posted:

I'm going to come out and say it.

Have you ever seen a Vitamix demonstration in Costco? yknow that 500 dollar blender ? I'm afraid to admit it.

I did that poo poo... for 3 and a half years

So yeah, if you've imagined it at Costco? I've seen it.

Old man slip and crack his head open? Yep

The Costco in Lancaster PA with buggy parking? Yep

The day before Thanksgiving? YEP.

12 hours a day, 7 days straight.

non stop serving out samples.

100% Commission.

drat dude. so did you make no money if no one bought anything?

also was the blender actually good? i need a new one but proably looking to spend <$150 if possible.

also i feel really bad for anyone who has to work food the day before thanksgiving. poo poo is like a thunderdome of crazy

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax

shut up netface posted:

Gonna need a story there Hoss.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Xaris posted:

also was the blender actually good? i need a new one but proably looking to spend <$150 if possible

Admittedly, Yeah. They're kick rear end. I've demoed a bunch of their different models and I'd only really suggest the manual model they sell at costco all the time. or the 5200, the classic.

Keep in mind, its a 7 year unlimited warrantee, on top of the Costco guarantee. So, yeah you can return it at any given time no questions asked, just keep the box. Only purchase it when it's on sale, which usually happens around Tax Season, mid-late august, black friday and christmas, when its the cheapest.

and yeah. If it was a lovely day, i'd end up standing there all day and nothing to show for it. Other days, I'd make over a grand.

shut up netface fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 28, 2017

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Xaris posted:

also was the blender actually good? i need a new one but proably looking to spend <$150 if possible.

also i feel really bad for anyone who has to work food the day before thanksgiving. poo poo is like a thunderdome of crazy

Vitamix is excellent. I got a refurbished one off amazon and it was money we'll speny

500 new is pretty nuts price tho

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Toilet Shoes posted:

Gonna need a story there Hoss.

Squabbles over other samples can get dicey. I've only seen it with older people. Within my first few months I saw a fragile indian grandmother push a child out of the way BY THE FACE for a 2 oz sample of a smoothie.

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax

shut up netface posted:

Squabbles over other samples can get dicey. I've only seen it with older people. Within my first few months I saw a fragile indian grandmother push a child out of the way BY THE FACE for a 2 oz sample of a smoothie.

Dude, this sounds like an awesome thread idea.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Toilet Shoes posted:

Dude, this sounds like an awesome thread idea.

Ask the sample ladies at the Costco. Especially the ones who look the most "over" the job. One woman told me how she was handing out INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED AND APPROPRIATELY LABELED DOG TREATS and watched a man eat it as she pleaded him to stop.

I mean, they were those jerky treats...but still.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

We have a Vitamix that my mother-in-law bought and promptly never used, and it is freaking amazing.

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
Went to Costco and got me a polish dog and fries with gravy for 4.98.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Fastball LIVE in concert posted:

Went to Costco and got me a polish dog and fries with gravy for 4.98.

filthy canuck get out of the thread

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Hanging out at the lake in my Costco beach tent, using my Costco beach towel, and my Costco backpack beach chair.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

FogHelmut posted:

Hanging out at the lake in my Costco beach tent, using my Costco beach towel, and my Costco backpack beach chair.

Hope y'all got some Kirkland brand quarter pounder dinner dogs on the grill!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

Sounds like Fyre Festival except extremely good.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Local bar down the street in NYC sells a Kirkland hot dog special

for 8 fuggin dollars LMAO these people smdh

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Local bar down the street in NYC sells a Kirkland hot dog special

for 8 fuggin dollars LMAO these people smdh

Doobie moved to New York??

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Thinkin' about getting that membership...

and a dog :moonrio:

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
what are these microwaveable veggie bowls folks keep referencing?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

old.flv posted:

what are these microwaveable veggie bowls folks keep referencing?

I'm interested in this as well.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

You get it all in this! Taking quinoa from a local population who needs it more than you, veggies and chicken!

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 30, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Quinoa looks like a testicle with the epydidimus tube

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Took a spin to the Costco yesterday, took the plunge and got the costco citi credit card. Very nervous because it's my first ever credit card and I'm poor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Took a spin to the Costco yesterday, took the plunge and got the costco citi credit card. Very nervous because it's my first ever credit card and I'm poor!

Pay off the balance every single month and live worry free