Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
The worst part of cargobob i/e missions is dealing with the buzzards that spawn after you pick up the car. I usually drop the car off in a safe spot and land nearby to deal with them all then drive the car to the garage. It's more tedious and time wasting than anything else.

Buzzard was the best purchase I've made in the game, next to my Infernus Classic. Also, I got the Mazebank West office but someday I want to trade up to the Lombank one, if only cause it has a rad view of Del Perro and Vespucci.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Zesty posted:

Now only export high-end cars. When you source cars to replace them, the game will only give you high-end cars. If you source a few too many past 32, the game is going to get confused and start giving you duplicates and non-highend cars.

So... Once you have 32 cars in your warehouse, you sell a high end and then only ever source then sell after that to keep the number the same so you always get high end imports?

I'm guessing this is because there are only 32 car types and the game will always make sure you have every type before it throws a duplicate at you?

Just want to understand. This is an awesome way to ensure maximum profits if it works.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Mr Scumbag posted:

So... Once you have 32 cars in your warehouse, you sell a high end and then only ever source then sell after that to keep the number the same so you always get high end imports?

I'm guessing this is because there are only 32 car types and the game will always make sure you have every type before it throws a duplicate at you?

Just want to understand. This is an awesome way to ensure maximum profits if it works.

Once you get to 32 you don't need to keep it there as long as you are only selling high-end cars. The trick isn't the number 32 itself but to source all the standard and medium-range cars and then just sit on them forever, while also not sourcing too many cars as to get a duplicate of a car. If you go over 32 and keep sourcing the game will just throw whatever at you and it'll probably be standard or mid-range crap, then you'll have to find what you have duplicates of and sell those off before you can go back to the high-end only life.

But, say, there's a collection of 3 high-end cars (T20, X80, something else I think?) that you can sell just fine (and should if you have pals since selling collections owns) and then the next three cars you source will be those if you were at 32 when you sold the collection. My go-to car to sell repeatedly solo is the 811, though. I'm... not actually sure why, there might be better options.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
Oh it works, its set up that way so you can more easily complete the "collections". which apparently sell for less than if you'd sold the same cars as a normal lot.
Something to do when you're mega rich and bored though, same as getting one of each special cargo in one warehouse or turning your securoserve trophy gold.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Ah, I get it now. Thanks for the explanation. This is gonna be great for making fake money while driving fake fast cars around. Can't wait.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
oh cool, instead of just removing the money dropped on me which resulted in a month ban rockstar wiped my entire character from the game
looks like i'll have a whole lotta free HD space now

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Clavavisage posted:

oh cool, instead of just removing the money dropped on me which resulted in a month ban rockstar wiped my entire character from the game
Rockstar doesn't ban for just receiving money drops otherwise every single one of us would be banned. What else did you do?

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
nothing, my game is clean so I don't know why they ramped up the punishment all of a sudden

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
the month ban + character reset to zero has been their stated policy for a few months now, it's not sudden and they were two halves of the same thing.

also user is right, as far as everyone knows, about how bans are dropped.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I figure most people who got banned were potentially intentionally cheat-modding in online or doing car/hud/weather replacement mods for single player and/or online, and are too embarrassed to admit their fuckup and the fact they wasted ~$60.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Yeah I got banned for mod menu fuckery and after having 1500 hours of gameplay gone down the drain having to start over from scratch is not appealing at all.

Plus, I was pretty much an insufferable idiot when playing with other goons, for their sake and my sake it's better I stopped playing this dumb game.

I mean, 1500 hours logged, I've gotten my money's worth and then some, time to free up 60gigs of hard drive space and move on. It was fun while it lasted.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 29, 2017

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

How do I permanently get rid of crappy weapons I don't want?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Spatial posted:

Use a mod menu to drop money on yourself, apparently.

It takes about a month though.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

UserErr0r posted:

I figure most people who got banned were potentially intentionally cheat-modding in online or doing car/hud/weather replacement mods for single player and/or online, and are too embarrassed to admit their fuckup and the fact they wasted ~$60.

up until this point the only cheat i would run was the pac standard work arounds but once everyone started dropping bags it seemed sort of pointless. now that they've wiped that progress i honestly don't give a poo poo, checked in with some dropper hangouts and have a few hundred mil in game, but without rank you cant upgrade poo poo so i'm just going to troll around in a hydra until i get bored and play some other broken game. but yeah, i've gotten my moneys worth out of it so whatever.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Spatial posted:

you can't! ever!

The closest you can get is temporarily: buy a CEO office, a gunsafe, and then you can disable the ones you don't want. Well, you can disable them when it bothers to check, which isn't always. Missions and heists and the like expect the whole wheel back.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Spatial posted:

Buy a CEO office with the gun safe addition.

EDIT: Beaten like a mod menu user

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Psion posted:

you can't! ever!

The closest you can get is temporarily: buy a CEO office, a gunsafe, and then you can disable the ones you don't want. Well, you can disable them when it bothers to check, which isn't always. Missions and heists and the like expect the whole wheel back.

and some items can't ever be put away in the safe. Several melee weapons at least.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Some of them just randomly reappear when you pick them up after killing npcs too.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I really don't want to turn this into a tech support thread but I've been having an issue lately that really confuses me and I was hoping someone here would know the cause.

Sometimes while I'm playing, the game will suddenly start chugging. As in I'll be at 60fps steady, then the game will just start running at less than 10fps (but that frame rate is steady. It doesn't dip further or go higher). It will do this for 5-10 minutes if I don't restart the game, then it will suddenly come good again. Perfect 60fps again.

It's not CPU/RAM (RAM is around 60-70% and CPU is rarely over 50% while this is occurring), and I'm running off an SSD that has no other significant reading or writing occurring as far as I know. There is no pattern to this issue. It happens when doing different things in game and in different map areas. Nothing consistent, and no consistent fix, other than restarting the game.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If you only have 8 gigs of ram, there might be something kicking on in the background grabbing memory and forcing the game to dump a bunch of poo poo into virtual memory, which would explain it running like vomit until you restart.

Check your temps too, could be thermal throttling if your fans are full of schmoo.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Powershift posted:

If you only have 8 gigs of ram, there might be something kicking on in the background grabbing memory and forcing the game to dump a bunch of poo poo into virtual memory, which would explain it running like vomit until you restart.

Check your temps too, could be thermal throttling if your fans are full of schmoo.

I have 16gb, so I'm pretty sure I'm fine there. I haven't checked fans but they don't sound as flat out as they are in other games, and I don't have any issues with those.

I might have to install a decent system monitor and run it on my second screen.

Edit: Happened a few more times while I was monitoring virtually every sensor. Nothing stands out at all. Fan speeds, temps, and usage were all consistent both before, during, and after the slowdowns. During some slowdowns, they would resolve themselves perfectly if I were facing a certain direction in the game (around a cone of 30-40 degrees), then chug again when I face away from that "safe zone". This would suggest that parts of the map aren't unloading/occlusion culling isn't functioning properly or probably more likely, there's some graphical process (some kind of reflection or transparency?) that is not functioning properly.

Really interesting issue. At this point I'm more interested in why it's occurring than I'm annoyed by it.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 29, 2017

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
You can buy either a CEO office or biker clubhouse and use a safe to put them away.

Then, go back to singleplayer, select the guns you like for every slot, and save your game. When you go back to online, those'll be your defaults.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I wish you could use the Rocket Voltic as a personal vehicle. I mean, why can't you? It's still slower than most supercars even with the rocket.

But it'd make driving to heists way more fun.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Psion posted:

buy a CEO office, a gunsafe

I believe you can save a ton of money by going to another goon's MC clubhouse and using their safe.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Spatial posted:

Protip: If you find the gun safe won't let you hide the default or combat pistol, drop them and go rebuy them from the store. Now they are magically able to be hidden via the safe. Until you randomly pick them up off a dead npc's corpse again, in which case you'll have to drop them.

Basically: gently caress this game's retarded weapon system

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

ellbent posted:

Then, go back to singleplayer, select the guns you like for every slot, and save your game. When you go back to online, those'll be your defaults.

:captainpop:

tyft!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Jose Mengelez posted:

Oh it works, its set up that way so you can more easily complete the "collections". which apparently sell for less than if you'd sold the same cars as a normal lot.
Something to do when you're mega rich and bored though, same as getting one of each special cargo in one warehouse or turning your securoserve trophy gold.

I think they fixed that. The thing collections do is reward your associate drivers significantly more. I believe it's something like everyone gets the collection bonus for delivering a car but it's per car. so say the bonus is 60k for a 4 car set, if everyone delivers 1 car, that's 60k per person extra. What I have heard, but never confirmed, so grain of salt, etc: Let one person drive in all 4 cars to the collect point and they get 4x collection bonus money because they delivered all 4 cars. So you'd have everyone drive 99% of the route and stop and get out and let one person do the last dropoff for all vehicles.

I haven't done an I/E set in a while but I thiiiiiink that's how it works.

Psion fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 29, 2017

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
You can change the secroserve trophy? How does that work, what nets the silver one to begin with?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Anime_Otaku posted:

You can change the secroserve trophy? How does that work, what nets the silver one to begin with?

Pretty sure it's how many buy missions you've completed, gold is about 1000.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Psion posted:

I think they fixed that. The thing collections do is reward your associate drivers significantly more. I believe it's something like everyone gets the collection bonus for delivering a car but it's per car. so say the bonus is 60k for a 4 car set, if everyone delivers 1 car, that's 60k per person extra. What I have heard, but never confirmed, so grain of salt, etc: Let one person drive in all 4 cars to the collect point and they get 4x collection bonus money because they delivered all 4 cars. So you'd have everyone drive 99% of the route and stop and get out and let one person do the last dropoff for all vehicles.

I haven't done an I/E set in a while but I thiiiiiink that's how it works.

It's also worth reaffirming that collections sell at the same margins as if you were modding them and selling them to the highest bidder; a 3-car high end collection is $240k before collection bonuses, or 80k per car, same as selling for 100k after spending 20k to mod it. Collections own, squash all rumors that collections are not worth doing (ok maybe the collections that involve not high-end cars are bad but there's both a 2-car and 3-car collection that's nothing but high ends).

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

This just started showing up in the ad rotation while waiting in the clouds and i giggle every time since it captures the shart card consumer image perfectly

Tokit
Dec 16, 2004

I was doing the composing.

Mr Scumbag posted:

I really don't want to turn this into a tech support thread but I've been having an issue lately that really confuses me and I was hoping someone here would know the cause.

Sometimes while I'm playing, the game will suddenly start chugging. As in I'll be at 60fps steady, then the game will just start running at less than 10fps (but that frame rate is steady. It doesn't dip further or go higher). It will do this for 5-10 minutes if I don't restart the game, then it will suddenly come good again. Perfect 60fps again.

It's not CPU/RAM (RAM is around 60-70% and CPU is rarely over 50% while this is occurring), and I'm running off an SSD that has no other significant reading or writing occurring as far as I know. There is no pattern to this issue. It happens when doing different things in game and in different map areas. Nothing consistent, and no consistent fix, other than restarting the game.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Have you tried doing 'verify integrity of game files' on steam? Going to the task manager and setting the cpu priority of gta5.exe to high might also help.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

This just started showing up in the ad rotation while waiting in the clouds and i giggle every time since it captures the shart card consumer image perfectly

Hey, be thankful for those dummies because they're the only thing keeping this game alive. They're the only thing keeping me in new stupid outfits and overpriced cars and new game modes.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Yes, this is what goons that post in this thread do look like.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

I really wish overalls were in this game and that it didn't suck rear end.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You can only wear suspenders with a denim shirt too, mondo hosed.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!
Stockings with skirts when :argh:

Also I have a pair of biker boots that'd go well with leather pants but nope somehow they're just totally incompatible because of course

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I know some people want a bigger number of saved outfits, but I've barely even filled mine out trying to figure out which pieces are allowed to go together in a way I like. Like half the coats can't be worn with a dress shirt, for some reason.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I have two. "Outfit" and "Same but without jacket because bulletproof vest".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm tempted to activate the free PS+ trial because a) I haven't had time to play recently, b) I'm trying to find a cheaper way to pay for PS+, and c) there's that GTA Tax Rebate $425k promotion going on until tonight.

• Locked thread