Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Real hurthling! posted:

I finished it. Game is like deus ex with worse shooting in a bioshock map with worse art direction and a silent hill level of locked doors.

The interface is so bad too. Try to loot a body and its like tap but dont hold then hold but dont tap and if you do it wrong annoying other actions take place.

Spend the whole game swinging a wrench at headcrabs and reading emails no thanks

Finished the demo? I got to a spot that said I couldnt open it in the demo and a screen asking to preorder popped up. Was that the end? Cause I shut it off there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

Finished the demo? I got to a spot that said I couldnt open it in the demo and a screen asking to preorder popped up. Was that the end? Cause I shut it off there.

Yep you can explore as long as you want but nothing else with progress opens

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Am I missing something or is the Gloo cannon just a huge piece of poo poo?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Am I missing something or is the Gloo cannon just a huge piece of poo poo?

No it sucks vs mimics like theres no splash on it and they are too quick for the aiming

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like I really suck at this game or maybe it's just weirdly hard because everything kills me in 2 seconds.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I feel like I really suck at this game or maybe it's just weirdly hard because everything kills me in 2 seconds.

It seems like a PC quicksand/load design philosophy. Like you should try every encounter a few times to find a cool solution.

Mimics popping out of bothing and killing half your health is some bullshit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bombadilillo posted:

It seems like a PC quicksand/load design philosophy. Like you should try every encounter a few times to find a cool solution.

Uh is this supposed to be a survival horror game?

Man, everyone seems really down on it. Oh well, maybe I'll just NG+ Persona while waiting for Injustice 2

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finished it. I kind of liked it actually aside from the lovely combat. I think it has potential but I'll wait for reviews and probably make it a rental.

It seems...a little half baked for something coming out in a week.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Uh is this supposed to be a survival horror game?

Man, everyone seems really down on it. Oh well, maybe I'll just NG+ Persona while waiting for Injustice 2

Pop ups say "build traps. Do stealth. Hack poo poo" like Bioshock. But the demo didn't give any tools for that. Maybe poo poo demo? At LEAST wait for and reviews.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Even if the game is actually okay, which I'm doubtful of right now, that was the worst way they could have demoed it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Do you fight people? Or is it all these bad not fun monsters.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh cool, the internet is down.

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect a ps4 to the internet via phome tether? I do it with my laptop occasionally, but for some reason I don't expect it to work at all with a ps4.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Snak posted:

Oh cool, the internet is down.

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect a ps4 to the internet via phome tether? I do it with my laptop occasionally, but for some reason I don't expect it to work at all with a ps4.
I've never tried it but isn't it seen to devices the same as any other wifi access point?

No telling when the PS4 will try to automatically download a 20gb game patch or something though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It worked. In fact the connection through my phones is 5 times faster than my wired connection. Because my isp is that bad. I really need to downgrade the service im paying for.

There are like four packages I could be getting. 30Mbps, 60Mbps, 100Mbps, and 150Mbps. I pay for 150Mbps, but I never get more than 40.

I get 100 through my loving phone.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snak posted:

It worked. In fact the connection through my phones is 5 times faster than my wired connection. Because my isp is that bad. I really need to downgrade the service im paying for.

There are like four packages I could be getting. 30Mbps, 60Mbps, 100Mbps, and 150Mbps. I pay for 150Mbps, but I never get more than 40.

I get 100 through my loving phone.

Your phone isn't going through lovely ancient copper that could be anything up to a century old. Try talking to your ISP and see if they'll actually do something other than tell you to pound sand and accept it. It could also well be that you're way the gently caress out from wherever your local hub is, as distance is a factor with ethernet connections too.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DOOM will be almost a year old at the time Prey is released. I think I'll just go replay DOOM and pretend it was new.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Your phone isn't going through lovely ancient copper that could be anything up to a century old. Try talking to your ISP and see if they'll actually do something other than tell you to pound sand and accept it. It could also well be that you're way the gently caress out from wherever your local hub is, as distance is a factor with ethernet connections too.

Im in Missouri and they're routing me through Chicago. They are straight up lying about what they can provide and stealing my money. But I won't talk to anyone about it. I've tried, they're just bullshit. I don't have anything nice to say, and I'd rather soend hundreds of dollars than have to talk to another human being who doesn't care what I have to say.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Five pages ago but I just saw it:

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was reading some Japanese comments about P5 streaming rules being relaxed in the West but not here and they're pretty POed since lots of Japanese users have been banned already and suddenly they're caving to Western users' complaints.

Wait wait wait hold up.

Sega is getting PSN accounts closed over spoilers?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
And you guys thought I was a drama queen...

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

While I'm not particularly convinced Prey is going to be good atm, I'm also not sure why people keep trying to compare it to fast paced FPS games when it's clearly some sort of Dishonored/Deus Ex thing .

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dont be mean to me posted:

Wait wait wait hold up.

Twitch accounts not PSN ones, and I'm not sure if they actually have or just threatened to

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

dont be mean to me posted:

Wait wait wait hold up.

I dunno exactly but I figured blocking their Youtube or Twitch accounts.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I'm into Prey, the Gloo gun seems very bad and wrenching mimics doesn't make sense "am I the only one who thought of hitting them?" but I like upgrades and the spooooooky story they are setting up seems fun.

But yeah I feel like giving you 3-4 encounters in the demo where you just get swarmed by 4 mimics and die instantly (even on Normal) isn't great. Just showing off the first story hook is cool but this game is very floaty. I'm gonna play it but it needs work

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Renoistic posted:

Finished the main story of Gravity Rush 2 for real and the ending was... OK. The execution was pretty great, but the story consists of about a dozen half-baked ideas and concepts, and none are fully developed. And in the last hour or so they basically put in everything they could come up with little regard to whether it made sense or not. Sid is Alias! Sid used to work for Kat when she was a Queen-goddess! Kat fell to the city below before Sid but he was already a cop there when she showed up :psyduck: I guess a God/wizard did it?

Kat and Raven are two halves of one whole! What does this mean? When were they separated? What is the point of this statement? :shrug: Who knows.

There were actually a whole asston of hints to this effect as far back as GR1. Like, for just one example, you can see Syd about to pull out the Nevi controlling device in the climax of GR1, before Cyanea stops him because Fate. There are more, obviously, but that's a big one.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

While I'm not particularly convinced Prey is going to be good atm, I'm also not sure why people keep trying to compare it to fast paced FPS games when it's clearly some sort of Dishonored/Deus Ex thing .

Comparing publisher products. Dumb but Prey was always going to be horrible, so it's fine.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Obsurveyor posted:

Comparing publisher products. Dumb but Prey was always going to be horrible, so it's fine.

The original Prey 2 looked so loving good.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bombadilillo posted:

I just wanted Bioshock in space.

Buy System Shock 2 on Steam.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Prey Demo crashed halfway through so I deleted it. Game felt like I'd seen it all before and added nothing new so was just boring :(

(To be clear, seen-it-all-before can be good when done right, Hitman 2016 was great, a refinement of the old formula).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Healbot posted:

Buy System Shock 2 on Steam.

I want a System Shock 2 that doesn't play like a game from the last millennium. :(

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah I made some sounds when I read "Bioshock in space". System Shock 1 and 2 were so memorable yet aged so badly.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Laughing Man posted:

The original Prey 2 looked so loving good.

No kidding, really bummed it never happened when they poop out this kind of stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah I forgot SS1 was getting a remake at some point, maybe that'll do, just having normal controls would do wonders for that game.

E: It's a ground up remake, cautious optimism I guess.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Apr 28, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It looks poo poo. The art style is really bad

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So anyone who actually has played these games on ps4, how do they handle/compare to the original releases:

Amnesia collection
Dangan ronpa
Nonary games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It looks poo poo. The art style is really bad

:(

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

I want a System Shock 2 that doesn't play like a game from the last millennium. :(

That's all the Shock games.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ineffiable posted:

So anyone who actually has played these games on ps4, how do they handle/compare to the original releases:

Amnesia collection
Dangan ronpa
Nonary games

I've been playing the PS4 version of Danganronpa, without touching it since watching the original LP's, it's been perfectly fine to me. Couple of spelling errors in the script, but nothing game-breaking.

Also I have to say some of the english VA's have done an amazing job with some of the characters :allears:. Junko's english VA was just gorging on scenery.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
I don't play any survival horror so not sure how it usually is but is it weird in Prey for the battle music to keep playing for so long after everything is dead? I kept looking for more poo poo to kill. Once I found a turret I just carried it around and had it kill everything.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes, the sound design is awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

I was looking at some chess games for PS4 and looks like there is only one, Pure Chess. Anyone played it?