Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

B17 is literally cyanide if anyone doesn't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Indecisive posted:

that article is loving poo poo and means nothing, hope this helps

"we asked 3 "nutritionists", and by nutritionists we mean 3 random people who also read articles on the internet and pretend they're experts to make money off soccer moms"

People who peddle overpriced unregulated sweets to you know better.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

rodbeard posted:

Its in apples tho, it can't be bad for you!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

rodbeard posted:

I was thinking to myself, "aren't apricot kernels poisonous?" Of course they are

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Fools. I've spent years building an immunity to cyanide.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

RCarr posted:

Fools. I've spent years building an immunity to cyanide.

Are you preparing to go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Are you preparing to go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line?

"YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY!!!"

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

rodbeard posted:

But at least it's kosher. That's nice to know.

Oh, wow: http://www.sunfood.com/blog/recipes/b-17-blast-off-smoothie/

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Kwyndig posted:

I was thinking to myself, "aren't apricot kernels poisonous?" Of course they are

quote:

According to one study, the minimal lethal dose for a man who weighs 155 pounds is 35 to 245 milligrams. A second study placed the lethal dose between 140 and 280 milligrams.

Fancy playing the odds?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Start each day with a handful of Flinstones Chewables, imho.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

RCarr posted:

"YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY!!!"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dude's just happy if there's no poison in his cup in the morning. That's a good day.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

PRAY... FOR... MOJO...

RFC2324 posted:

Its in apples tho, it can't be bad for you!
I learned this thanks to an episode of G.I. Joe where they destroy Cobra's out-of-control blob monster by using bombers to drop a million apples into it, thereby killing it from a cyanide overdose. When I was a kid, I thought that was the coolest poo poo ever and started going out of my way to eat the entire apple, core and seeds included to build up a cyanide resistance. Still do, actually--it's more convenient than looking for a place to toss the core. But in retrospect I mostly wonder why they didn't just get the government to give them like a 100 gallons o

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rangpur posted:

PRAY... FOR... MOJO...

I learned this thanks to an episode of G.I. Joe where they destroy Cobra's out-of-control blob monster by using bombers to drop a million apples into it, thereby killing it from a cyanide overdose. When I was a kid, I thought that was the coolest poo poo ever and started going out of my way to eat the entire apple, core and seeds included to build up a cyanide resistance. Still do, actually--it's more convenient than looking for a place to toss the core. But in retrospect I mostly wonder why they didn't just get the government to give them like a 100 gallons of c

Just toss your apple core into any patch of grass. You're not littering, you're a modern day Johnny Appleseed! :patriot:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

A-HA-HA-HA-*hrrk*

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rangpur posted:

PRAY... FOR... MOJO...

I learned this thanks to an episode of G.I. Joe where they destroy Cobra's out-of-control blob monster by using bombers to drop a million apples into it, thereby killing it from a cyanide overdose. When I was a kid, I thought that was the coolest poo poo ever and started going out of my way to eat the entire apple, core and seeds included to build up a cyanide resistance. Still do, actually--it's more convenient than looking for a place to toss the core. But in retrospect I mostly wonder why they didn't just get the government to give them like a 100 gallons o

When I was in high school, I had a friend who maintained a supply of cyanide, 'just in case'. He gathered it by cooking it out of apple seeds, and would pass it around so we could all smell how almondy it was.

I wonder if he is dead yet.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

RFC2324 posted:

When I was in high school, I had a friend who maintained a supply of cyanide, 'just in case'. He gathered it by cooking it out of apple seeds, and would pass it around so we could all smell how almondy it was.

I wonder if he is dead yet.

"Hey, does this smell like cyanide to you?"

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

spog posted:

"Hey, does this taste like cyanide to you?"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

spog posted:

"Hey, does this smell like cyanide to you?"

:yum:

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Start each day with a handful of Flinstones Chewables, imho.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
A lot of people in the pocket of Big Vitamin here

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

DryGoods posted:

A lot of people in the pocket of Big Vitamin here

Is that a naked Errol Flynn on the TTF watch?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

PYF Funny Pictures 2.0: hosed with Cyanide Chewables

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

How do they put clothes in the washer...

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

This seriously pisses me off. My grandma was diagnosed with cancer last year and people tried to foist this poo poo off on her.

I convinced her not to eat any at least. They even advertised their particular apricot kernels as "extra bitter". Gotta have that extra poison in there.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

"I hate Mondays".

I want to shoot
The whole day down

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Eat the entire bag in one sitting, let God decide your fate.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

RaspberryCommie posted:

This seriously pisses me off. My grandma was diagnosed with cancer last year and people tried to foist this poo poo off on her.

I convinced her not to eat any at least. They even advertised their particular apricot kernels as "extra bitter". Gotta have that extra poison in there.

Wait, that is a real product? I thought it was a joke thing for internet points. :wtc:

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Bogan King posted:

Wait, that is a real product? I thought it was a joke thing for internet points. :wtc:

IT absolutely is. It's another one of those "It totally works, but BIG PHARMA doesn't want you to know about it"

(It actually was used as a cancer treatment in the early 20th century, but even communist Russia considered it too lethal to use)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

How would it cure cancer.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Dead people don't die of cancer I guess.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

How would it cure cancer.

Cancer requires a living body to spread.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

B17/Laetrile is such a notoriously awful bit of snake oil that even other pseudoscience peddlers will call it out for being dangerous and ineffectual.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Doesn't look like Laetrile did anything.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

That thing was great when it was a funny product pisstake of the vitamin and supplement bullshit market now it's really loving depressing.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ride The Gravitron posted:

How do they put clothes in the washer...

Look closer. Its a front loader.

Just be careful not to bump the dryer pile.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Dude's just happy if there's no poison in his cup in the morning. That's a good day.

Was anyone else deeply confused that My Dinner with Andre did not feature Andre the giant?

Serious question

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

syscall girl posted:

Was anyone else deeply confused that My Dinner with Andre did not feature Andre the giant?

Serious question

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Breakfast_with_Blassie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless