Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

HenryEx posted:

Is that supposed to be Dishonored 2? Because i haven't encountered any input lag in 40 hours of playing.

Which platform? I think the Dishonored 2 input lag is only on consoles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

HenryEx posted:

Is that supposed to be Dishonored 2? Because i haven't encountered any input lag in 40 hours of playing.

You playing on PC or consoles? The input lag on PS4 is definitely noticeable.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah i'm playing on PC, so i guess i dodged a bullet there.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I don't get input lag on PC, either.

Did they ever acknowledge the input lag fault on PS4 Dishonored 2?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

check out this mondo nerd
http://www.t3.com/features/t3-interview-preys-lead-systems-designer-seth-shain-talks-to-us-about-the-red-hot-new-sci-fi-thriller

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 28, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Haha "Prey is a very good name for a game. It is succinct and easy to remember and it captures the essence of the game’s themes even without any reference to the original Prey IP." I mean, it's not like it wasn't already obvious but it's funny to hear directly from the devs that the game's name is pretty much pure marketing and there's no connection with the original whatsoever other than 'both are sci fi'.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Would you prefer them trying to capitalize off Fallout? Talos I, the first Vault in space, featuring Vault Boy! :v:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Honestly though, who gives a poo poo about the 2006 Prey. It was a mediocre shooter with some cool gimmicks at the time (woo portals).

I understand some people had a boner for the canceled Prey 2 that was floating around ~5 or 6 years ago, but it kinda sounds like that flag might be taken by that Cyberpunk game that CD Projekt is working on so whatever.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Honestly though, who gives a poo poo about the 2006 Prey. It was a mediocre shooter with some cool gimmicks at the time (woo portals).

I understand some people had a boner for the canceled Prey 2 that was floating around ~5 or 6 years ago, but it kinda sounds like that flag might be taken by that Cyberpunk game that CD Projekt is working on so whatever.

Speaking of, has there been any decent new info about the cyberpunk game? I remember the announcement and then nothing.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I really liked Prey 2006, it was great. I didn't get any hype for the cancelled Prey 2. I'm looking forward to this Prey a lot. It's still mildly amusing to me that this game that obviously takes place in a different gameworld is called Prey because marketing. They could have called it Dead Space and it would have as much in common with that franchise as it has with Prey 2006.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Prey is actually an Elder Scrolls spinoff, Talos Station was built by the Nords.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Palpek posted:

They could have called it Dead Space and it would have as much in common with that franchise as it has with Prey 2006.

It would have been a better business move, because I would preorder a Dead Space 4 without checking any details about the game whatsoever.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
They don't own the name Dead Space, though. They own the name Prey.

But this game would work just as well with a "new IP" name - they've completely dropped the ball on marketing this game, and the name recognition means gently caress all for 99% of gamers.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It should have been called Space Shock or something. Preyshock, Coffeeshock, 1 Cup 1 Shock.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
No Ring.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Personallllllll responsibility personallllllllll responsibility.

Prey looks decent so far. I look forward to reading about the lore and poo poo.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Speaking of, has there been any decent new info about the cyberpunk game? I remember the announcement and then nothing.

Nothing concrete since Witcher 3 came out and CDPR said "We'll start talking about Cyberpunk within the next year or two." Current money is on an E3 reveal.

Haruhater
Oct 15, 2010

I AM UTTERLY INCAPABLE OF BASIC COGNITIVE FUNCTION

please donate to my gofundme
So just a heads up: if you check out the thread on NeoGAF about this demo you will learn quite a number of things:
-You will understand why every single FPS game these days plays the same
-You will understand the audience for modern FPS games
-You will understand why Bioshock was so dumbed down after System Shock 2
-You will understand why Bioshock Infinite became what it was
-You will understand just how big of a percentage of modern gamers even comprehend what a horror game is supposed to play like
-And finally you will understand the audience reception that this game is going up against.

Among other things. Seriously, go check it out sometime. If nothing else; after seeing what kind of person the average modern gamer is, you are at least probably going to appreciate Prey all the more for the fact that it even exists.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
It isn't Prey without monsters clambering in and out of vagina doors. :colbert:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Re: Neogaf
Is it really depressing?

Dishonored 1 / 2 are my favourite games of all time since Deus Ex, a lot of it down to the level design. I appreciate what Arkane did with those two. I wish there was a PC demo for Prey, but I trust them to deliver.

quote:

It isn't Prey without monsters clambering in and out of vagina doors. 
The original prey is absolutely unparalleled in the vagina doored alien spacecraft portal gravity puzzled shooter / native American magic powers genre. I enjoyed it.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 28, 2017

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
These controls with obvious technical issues are actually perfectly gimped in the right way for the superior taste of the old school horror game connoisseur.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

GhostDog posted:

These controls with obvious technical issues are actually perfectly gimped in the right way for the superior taste of the old school horror game connoisseur.
I'm sorry, but:

Haruhater posted:

Call of Duty playing mongoloid

QED

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Neogaf is loving trash.

I like the demo quite a bit. Input lag didn't seem any worse than Dishonored 2??

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Are you on Xbox or PS4?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Haruhater posted:

So just a heads up: if you check out the thread on NeoGAF about this demo you will learn quite a number of things:
-You will understand just how big of a percentage of modern gamers even comprehend what a horror game is supposed to play like
-And finally you will understand the audience reception that this game is going up against.

Among other things. Seriously, go check it out sometime. If nothing else; after seeing what kind of person the average modern gamer is, you are at least probably going to appreciate Prey all the more for the fact that it even exists.

Who hurt you to make you like this?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

E-
Do you get to see the nightmare in the demo?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

mysterious frankie posted:

Who hurt you to make you like this?

TBF,he/she isn't wrong-NeoGAF pretty much IS a hive of stupidity.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I remember getting Bioshock 1 on a friends suggestion with basically no prior knowledge, and the beginning through about halfway through the medical level felt like a good tense "horror" game. Then bullets stopped being a rare commodity and I got the tonic that lets you one hit most enemies with the wrench and all suspense was lost, but it was still good.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Re: Neogaf
Is it really depressing?

Dishonored 1 / 2 are my favourite games of all time since Deus Ex, a lot of it down to the level design. I appreciate what Arkane did with those two. I wish there was a PC demo for Prey, but I trust them to deliver.

The original prey is absolutely unparalleled in the vagina doored alien spacecraft portal gravity puzzled shooter / native American magic powers genre. I enjoyed it.

Have to agree, apart from the performance guff, d2 was pretty solid fun with added superb sandbox powers replay.
I loved the original prey, as the main character got more angry and things got more bonkers, so for me prey plus arkane seems pretty optimistic.

I hope this pan out well.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Haruhater posted:

ehh, neogaf is a inbred swill of idiots and lickspittles. i am not surprised they havent played older stuff. they are two busy pretending to write junior year critical english papers about various games and bitching about graphics to play anything old.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I remember getting Bioshock 1 on a friends suggestion with basically no prior knowledge, and the beginning through about halfway through the medical level felt like a good tense "horror" game. Then bullets stopped being a rare commodity and I got the tonic that lets you one hit most enemies with the wrench and all suspense was lost, but it was still good.

this. bioshock 1 is on of my all time favorite games and i don't mind that as much as you probably (i started with bioshock 1 on the 360 then moved on to SS2 which i also liked) but your right about the tention it goes away after medical. once you get all the various wrench tonics and realize that big daddies are berly a threat. but yeah, BUT prey keeps its tension really really well so far. i am amused at the gaffers bitching about the controls(apart from the lag) its loving dishonored 2 controls. pretty much. then again they hate that game for reasons, i thought it was ok. gameplay better then 1 but world not as good. basicaly the game is system shock mixed with dishonored. which is good.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Are you on Xbox or PS4?

Ps4

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

GoneRampant posted:

Nothing concrete since Witcher 3 came out and CDPR said "We'll start talking about Cyberpunk within the next year or two." Current money is on an E3 reveal.

I'll be perfectly happy to get nothing until next year, they said they wanted to cook this for a long time and the Witcher 3 has earned them the goodwill to do whatever the hell they feel they need to do to accomplish this crazy task.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So I'm guessing the equivalent of a no-magic run will be a no-Typhon-powers run this time around. Upside: turrets don't shoot you.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The Neogaf thread really is insanely bad, it makes me wonder what these people even play video games for. They must be the same people who talk poo poo about dishonored 2 because they heard something about it having a bad pc port.

I think this game is gonna have really good levels, I'm not gonna play the demo though because I don't wanna ruin the flow of the game.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Having finally gotten a chance to play the demo (on PS4) and the input lag didn't seem to be as bad as people are making it out to be.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
So it sounds like Prey is shaping up to be something closer in spirit to System Shock than Bioshock, then? Because while I adore System Shock 1 & 2, I've given the Bioshock series numerous chances to win me over and just really don't enjoy them--even when trying to assess them without directly comparing them to the System Shocks.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

They acknowledge a fault with that version, fixed in the full game.

Speedball posted:

So I'm guessing the equivalent of a no-magic run will be a no-Typhon-powers run this time around. Upside: turrets don't shoot you.

Should reduce the nightmare spawning or finding you so easily.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

They acknowledge a fault with that version, fixed in the full game.
Supposedly. But until the final version releases,I'm not assuming that that devs actually fixed it. Did they ever fix Dishonored 2's input lag?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Don't know, I only have a PC (I didn't notice a problem with that)

I wonder if they ever acknowledged an input lag delay on PS4 for DH2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm genuinely intrigued by the story and have plot theories. I guess a decade of Bioshocks/Dishonored hasn't spoiled my love of guns+spells+genetic mutation but I felt like I was getting totally slaughtered on normal, and I usually play every FPS on hardest settings because I've been gaming for like 20 years.

I think breaking out of your apartment is one of my favorite reveals ever and I really want to know what's going on with the Yu family. Why is Alex so shady, what role do his board of director parents play?

Played demo on XBone, but will buy on PC because I think M+KB will fix most of the issues I have with this game.

In general this game is creepier than the other Shocks or Arkane games, I really hope they maintain this level of tension throughout.