Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Grubbiness aside, I'd rather have Reynolds instead of Moses. He's probably a lot cheaper too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

I wonder if that means Foran is coming to the Bulldogs?

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

woofbro posted:

I wonder if that means Foran is coming to the Bulldogs?

depends what his bookie says

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Grubbiness aside, I'd rather have Reynolds instead of Moses. He's probably a lot cheaper too.

3mil over 4. So a bit cheaper yes.

Feel the grub.

Abalone Malone posted:

depends what his bookie says

Excellent.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Wests Tigers' website posted:

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that Josh Reynolds will be joining the Club for the 2018 NRL season.

The new four-year agreement will see the talented five-eighth join Wests Tigers until at least the end of the 2021 NRL season.

Reynolds has played 129 first-grade games for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs since his NRL debut in 2011, making his representative debut for New South Wales in Game II in the 2013 State of Origin series before going on to feature in all three games of the Blues’ successful 2014 Origin series.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary said that he looked forward to working with Reynolds over the coming seasons.

“Josh has proven himself time and time again to be an incredibly competitive and passionate player and we look forward to him bringing that attitude to the club,” said Cleary. “He’s going to bring to Wests Tigers a wealth of experience having being a part finals, Grand Finals and State of Origin series.

“We’re confident that the best is yet to come for Josh and look forward to him taking his game to the next level here,” he said. “I’m sure he’s going to make a significant contribution to Wests Tigers reaching its potential.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said that he looked forward to welcoming Reynolds to the club at the end of the year.

“Josh is a ferocious competitor and I can’t wait to see him pull on a Wests Tigers jersey next season,” said Pascoe. “He comes to this club with a wealth of experience having being a part of a successful Bulldogs side and also a part of a winning New South Wales State of Origin campaign.

“I’m sure Wests Tigers Members and fans will find his enthusiasm and passion for the game infectious and he’ll quickly become a fan favourite,” he said.

The 28-year-old will join Wests Tigers for the start of the 2018 pre-season.

And it's official; I wonder if that means he signed 10 days ago, he's waived his cooling-off period, or the club is that confident that he won't backflip that they've announced it already. Normally they've been quite reticent to announce players before it's settled - maybe they're trying to publicly put some pressure on Woods/Tedesco before their cooling-off periods run out (although according to the players they totes haven't signed anything with anyone yet).

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I don't think that a player can waive the cooling off period. My memory of the new arrangement is that the NRL won't register the contract until ten days after it's lodged with them. Clubs aren't supposed to make any announcements in this time, which is why the Broncos were pissed off when the Sharks announced the Bird move.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

At least the Tigers will now have someone who looks like he gives a poo poo now that Tedesco is gone

He'll be good alongside Brooks probably, not great, but much better than Moses.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
On NRL360 Paul Kent said it's $900k per year.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

I don't think that a player can waive the cooling off period. My memory of the new arrangement is that the NRL won't register the contract until ten days after it's lodged with them. Clubs aren't supposed to make any announcements in this time, which is why the Broncos were pissed off when the Sharks announced the Bird move.

I have no idea but Nofoaluma reported that he did.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...427-gvtjss.html

In this latest incident, police discovered the anonymous tip off that led them to the player had come from Papalii's phone. He admitted he twice called triple zero to report his own car driving erratically "to prove a point". The court did not hear what point Papalii was trying to prove.

:confused:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Rugby loving League

quote:

New Zealand-born Canberra Raiders star Josh Papalii twice called the police to report his own drink-driving, a court has heard.

It's the latest bizarre incident involving the rugby league player, who once threw a one litre bottle of moisturiser at another motorist.

In this latest incident, police discovered the anonymous tip off that led them to the player had come from Papalii's phone. He admitted he twice called triple zero to report his own car driving erratically "to prove a point". The court did not hear what point Papalii was trying to prove.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/91978741/nrl-star-josh-papalii-dobs-himself-in-to-police-for-drinkdriving

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Burn Down Canberra posted:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...427-gvtjss.html

:confused:

not his go

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress I love this sport

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Wow that is a bullshit call to start for Brisbane to save a try

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Its weird being a Broncos fan, I'm not used to this level of love from the refs for any other team I support. I think I like it though, lol.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I would love for the refs to overturn a completely legal try for absolutely no reason, too.

My favourite part was how their explanation for why they were saying no try made literally no sense when one watched the replays.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

I'd like them to give this one as well ;)

edit: no fair!

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Good luck!
So :horse: as to be expected

To me at least its a surprise how big the panfers have shat the bed.

I mean one two seasons ago they were the can do band of misfits that were stringing wins and almost doing grand finals.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Dirty Frank posted:

Its weird being a Broncos fan, I'm not used to this level of love from the refs for any other team I support. I think I like it though, lol.

They walked the Panthers over with their revisionist poo poo in the second half though, once they realised how badly they hosed up that first no try decision.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Your team is 20 points down with 5 minutes on the clock. Why would anyone, especially someone on the verge of Origin selection, throw themselves in the air like a maniac to pull off a low percentage play? I like Gavin Cooper but man that was dumb.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Glad to see that Uate is getting back to scoring more tries, even if it is for Manly

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Papalli axed from the kangaroos for drink driving but is allowed to play for Canberra....

:crossarms:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Thread title remains highly appropriate

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Oh hey knights, will you be making GBS threads the bed today?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

iajanus posted:

Oh hey knights, will you be making GBS threads the bed today?

Is this a day ending in 'y'?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

They've been warming up in front of me and I've never seen a team drop as many kicks in pre game before. If the titans have half a brain they'll be bombing all day.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That's the knights defence we know and love

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Konrad Hurrell looks as fat and poo poo as I remember.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

He was wandering around in front of us and he looks terrible

I yelled at the knights to kick the drop out to him and then he dropped it so I feel responsible.

If you see an idiot in an orange tigers jersey it's me

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We are not making GBS threads the bed too much

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

bowmore posted:

Papalli axed from the kangaroos for drink driving but is allowed to play for Canberra....

:crossarms:

Fifita wasnt picked for australia on character grounds but was allowed to play for cronulla.

Papalii will probably get a club ban on monday for the knights game and that will be that. Its in line with tamous punishment a couple of years ago

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
our last away win was in 2015, yikes

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

We are not making GBS threads the bed too much

lol

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Well that's not going on Brock Lamb's highlights reel.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:sad:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

gently caress this is a sad game to watch

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The sad slow second half collapse is painful to watch live

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Slick pickup from simple jack

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bulldogs might not have a full team at this rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Fifita wasnt picked for australia on character grounds but was allowed to play for cronulla.

Papalii will probably get a club ban on monday for the knights game and that will be that. Its in line with tamous punishment a couple of years ago

That's bullshit. Why should he be allowed to serve his ban during a bye?

• Locked thread