Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
You know you've been around the LA gay scene too long when you recognize half of the background actors / dancers / extras in Willam videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

OMG Nina's Jasmine Masters voice I just died.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Alright Alexis, that's a pretty good Liza first impression, let's see where you go with this

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

If we end up with the exact same bottom 2, that will be so boring!
But the whole snatch game was delightful to watch. :)

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Two sets of the same outfit? How in the goddamn hell?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

VALENTINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :woop:

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Peppermint breaking out the Hammer dance. Gif of that, stat!

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Cynthia, it's season 9. A simple split isn't gonna save you anymore.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Definitely one of the better Snatch Games.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I think it's safe to say Madonna runways are officially cursed on Rupaul's Drag Race. If Charlie was still around, she could've let the girls borrow one of her million Madonna outfits from her YouTube channel :v:.

Edit: Actually, Charlie posted a pic on Instagram on her Madonna outfit and we would've seen two Matadors on this stage. I don't get what it is with Madonna and queens managing to pic identical outfits. Here is Charlie's look in case you were curious.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 29, 2017

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Two sets of the same outfit? How in the goddamn hell?

Fashion Photo Ruview should be interesting. Raja might just lose it.

That was a decent Snatch Game, but like everything this season it seemed a little bit too short.

Ah well, au revoir Santee Alley Fontaine

Also I want to see both Alyssa and Jasmine's reaction.

e: Yeah it's Season 9 that one pathetic split ain't gonna save you

angerbot fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 29, 2017

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Man, Ru's workroom advice for snatch game picks was brutal this year.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Snatch game ... was actually good?! :monocle:

Pellisworth posted:

Man, Ru's workroom advice for snatch game picks was brutal this year.

Haha seriously.

Granted I do feel like I need to roll my eyes for 10 minutes straight to get over the fact that Sasha chose Judith Butler as her backup.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Yeah that elimination was very deserved, sorry you're a sweet queen but have been really lackluster. And you didn't take Ru's very blunt advice on snatch game.

drat, Peppermint. She's the new Kennedy Davenport, lethal in lip synchs.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Felt like Sasha and Nina were up there in the top 3 more for their storylines and less about their performances; they were good, don't get me wrong, but I thought Shea should've been there, at least.

And Peppermint is a fuckin assassin, holy poo poo

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
So do you think they'll do a Madonna runway in season ten just to see if there will be repeated outfits again.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Pinwiz11 posted:

uh were we watching the same episode?

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005

Inadequate Areolas posted:

I can't believe how pretty Farrah is. Even out of drag... what a loving gorgeous face.
Absolutely stunning as a woman, I'm in awe.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Oh my god peppermint killed that lip sync! When she did the shotgun move, I died. She was so on. Sorry CLF.

Although I thought Nina's Jasmine was good, I am also done with the girls doing other drag queens for Snatch Game. It's so niche. You have to have seen the other seasons to get it. So many missed opportunities to do celebrities.

Dear Prudence fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Apr 29, 2017

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Pinwiz11 posted:

I found it painful. When a bone dry Marlena Dietrich is your second best act, you know it was a troubled panel. Peppermint and CLF should have had blankets thrown over them like sleeping parakeets after the first round.

Past contestants and Youtubers should be off limits. I'm willing to bet that Valentina's edit was super kind because I don't know what she could have done after those two lines.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

blizzardvizard posted:

Felt like Sasha and Nina were up there in the top 3 more for their storylines and less about their performances; they were good, don't get me wrong, but I thought Shea should've been there, at least.

What exactly is Sasha's story that put her in the top 2? I think Sasha earned that top 2.

Snatch Game was good. There were no standouts like Alaska's Mae West, Jynxx's Little Edie or Chad's Cher. But most of the queens were actually kind of funny.

My favorite moment of that lip sync was Ru just loving everything Peppermint was giving her, deciding that she should check out what Cynthia was doing, glanced over, had a big nope, and went right back for Peppermint.

And this episode proves to me that maybe Cynthia should never have been brought back, and definitely should not have won Miss Congeniality. She doesn't try with her looks. She doesn't try with the challenges. And she doesn't even try with the lip syncs. Second week in a row where she didn't know the words to the song, and as someone else pointed out, that split was desperate.

Girl is a lazy as gently caress queen, and thinks that she can get by on personality alone. But she's no Bob. Bob got through on personality alone. But Bob's personality is likeable.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 29, 2017

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

What exactly is Sasha's story that put her in the top 2? I think Sasha earned that top 2.

Snatch Game was good. There were no standouts like Alaska's Mae West, Jynxx's Little Edie or Chad's Cher. But most of the queens were actually kind of funny.

My favorite moment of that lip sync was Ru just loving everything Peppermint was giving her, deciding that she should check out what Cynthia was doing, glanced over, had a big nope, and went right back for Peppermint.

And this episode proves to me that maybe Cynthia should never have been brought back, and definitely should not have won Miss Congeniality. She doesn't try with her looks. She doesn't try with the challenges. And she doesn't even try with the lip syncs. Second week in a row where she didn't know the words to the song, and as someone else pointed out, that split was desperate.

Girl is a lazy as gently caress queen, and thinks that she can get by on personality alone. But she's no Bob. Bob got through on personality alone. But Bob's personality is likeable.

Who would you have given Miss Congeniality to? Top 3 is now off limits, no one else on that season was consistently nice.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007

Dear Prudence posted:

Oh my god peppermint killed that lip sync! When she did the shotgun move, I died. She was so on. Sorry CLF.

Although I thought Nina's Jasmine was good, I am also done with the girls doing other drag queens for Snatch Game. It's so niche. You have to have seen the other seasons to get it. So many missed opportunities to do celebrities.

I feel the same about queens impersonating queens. I am over it and hope next season it doesn't happen.

As for the episode, I wasn't feeling the Snatch Game. I liked Liza, but even that wasn't memorable.

And how is it that we have repeating outfits again? How did that happen? Madonna has been performing since before I was born, yet these queens from both seasons make it seem like she has 4 looks.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

uh were we watching the same episode?

More queens were competent than not, that's a win in my book. It wasn't a home run by any definition but I'll take okay over poo poo show.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

garthoneeye posted:

Who would you have given Miss Congeniality to? Top 3 is now off limits, no one else on that season was consistently nice.

Chi Chi DeVayne without a doubt.

Echo Video
Jan 17, 2004

twistedbutterfly posted:

And how is it that we have repeating outfits again? How did that happen? Madonna has been performing since before I was born, yet these queens from both seasons make it seem like she has 4 looks.

http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.birthdayprob.html

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Nihonniboku posted:

Bob was smart and a super tight package save for a few weak looks. His wit was razor sharp too. CLF begins and ends with saying a bunch of nonsense in Spanish quickly, ugh.

I could do a better NeNe Leakes and Sofia Vergara that poo poo was shameful.

e: the makeup chick and Alyssa Edwards were atrocious too

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
there are so many things you could make fun of youtube beauty gurus for that gigi was real bad

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Troposphere posted:

there are so many things you could make fun of youtube beauty gurus for that gigi was real bad

I was expecting like sponsored answers or something vaguely related to beauty videos but it just looked like a bunch of nothing.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Nihonniboku posted:

Chi Chi DeVayne without a doubt.

I thought Chi Chi was going to be top three so I didn't vote for her for Miss Congeniality. I still regret this.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

So do you think they'll do a Madonna runway in season ten just to see if there will be repeated outfits again.

It makes me legitimately angry that there is ever any possibility of duplicate looks. Guys, you don't always have to pull from esoteric balls and lesser known videos. I just watched Vogue and counted, no fewer than six great, iconic looks in that one video alone.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I feel like a moron because I don't get why duplicate runway theme looks are any sort of problem. They aren't making these outfits in the workroom, there is a finite amount of wardrobe they can bring for a dozen pre-announced challenge categories and contestants coordinating prior to the show would be against the rules.

If anything its better because you can see different interpretations of the same look and judge the merit of execution.

"Oh my god you were asked to pick a number between one and thirty 4 months ago and two out of twelve people here chose the same number!"

How is this a problem?

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!

shadow puppet of a posted:

I feel like a moron because I don't get why duplicate runway theme looks are any sort of problem. They aren't making these outfits in the workroom, there is a finite amount of wardrobe they can bring for a dozen pre-announced challenge categories and contestants coordinating prior to the show would be against the rules.

If anything its better because you can see different interpretations of the same look and judge the merit of execution.

"Oh my god you were asked to pick a number between one and thirty 4 months ago and two out of twelve people here chose the same number!"

How is this a problem?

From a strictly competitive standpoint I don't know why you'd put yourself up for the comparison of "who wore it better" when you could get really creative and find something on the fringes that you can rock solo.

Like black bars on your lady bits.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth
Or, just think of a creative runway where there's no possibility for overlap. The Madonna plus the RuPaul version of this is pretty much just "look just like this person." Boooooring

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

But when you bring a massive golden headpeice from the superbowl look, is it a smart bet as a contestant for a 100k prize to discard that and desperately scrape something together from a fabric wall should someone bring one as well?

You'd do far better wearing your polished, prepared look that you've rehearsed and worked the kinks out of rather than roll the dice on wit and hot glue.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

It was definitely CLF's time to go. In all honesty, I love the drag queen, but she was consistently outclassed by these girls; her makeup was from another era of drag and too harsh, her outfits weren't huge and detailed or super creative, and her only catchphrase was "Cucu." I was disappointed. I expected more. Sofia Vergara should have been EASY to do. She's cartoonish, she's loud, you have so much to mine for jokes, from her start as a Pepsi model to Modern Family and you did squat.

I'm so glad Farrah stayed. I -like- her. She's cute, her runways slay, and her Untucked shows attitude I don't see as much on the regular show. And I'm SO glad she stood up to Nina! I see a lot of love for Nina on this forum and I think she's one of those queens getting Top 3, but I'm kind of mad at that. Her Madonna look was sloppy, in fact, a lot of her looks are sloppy. Shea deserved that spot. But Ru loves a good, "Your only enemy is yourself," ghetto queen story. I'm over it. I've been over it.

Also, I hope Peppermint takes what they say to heart. She wore that weird slit up the thigh pink skirt twice and pink the entire way through. She needs some versatility in that runway.

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!

shadow puppet of a posted:

But when you bring a massive golden headpeice from the superbowl look, is it a smart bet as a contestant for a 100k prize to discard that and desperately scrape something together from a fabric wall should someone bring one as well?

You'd do far better wearing your polished, prepared look that you've rehearsed and worked the kinks out of rather than roll the dice on wit and hot glue.

Totally agreed.. in that case you make it work. But the kimono fiasco? I mean, that was a COMPLETE lack of creativity.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Lipumira posted:

Like black bars on your lady bits.

That was super clever and it's a shame it didn't even get a mention during judging.

And holy poo poo did Peppermint destroy that lip sync. That was a hell of a performance.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Lipumira posted:

Totally agreed.. in that case you make it work. But the kimono fiasco? I mean, that was a COMPLETE lack of creativity.

Forgive me thread for not giving up on this, but...

I don't get how the four kimonos are a different situation in terms of the competitive choices. As 1 of the 4 kimono's you'd be loving up tactically to drop everything and turn to the fabric wall to create a whole new look within a very narrow category, from scratch, with a hard reality-show time limit, and then thinkup and paint new makeup to match, on a show where you are not at all given extra points for tacking a higher degree of difficulty than a contestant that just zipped into their pre-planned idea. The judging panel only cares about execution, perfecting your own makeup and detail on your original Madonna kimono is the least risky and smartest move by far. The competition format does not reward spontaneous creativity if its not also executed to high standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Golbez posted:

It makes me legitimately angry that there is ever any possibility of duplicate looks. Guys, you don't always have to pull from esoteric balls and lesser known videos. I just watched Vogue and counted, no fewer than six great, iconic looks in that one video alone.

Watch Strike a Pose on Netflix. It follows up on the group of guys in the video and the Blonde Ambition tour 25 years later. Really good. And Kevin Stei can still get it. In fact, I think he looks hotter today than he did back then.

Lipumira posted:

It wasn't actually. That was producer intervention. I forget which one of the queens said this, I think Thorgy, but apparently they brought an alternate look in case someone else was also doing the kimono. When they saw 3 other girls pull out kiminos, they went to change to their other look, and the producers came in and said no, they wanted her to stick with the kimono.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 29, 2017

• Locked thread