Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm sure I'll look stupid for saying this two days from now but I do think Joshua has stepped up too big too early against Klitschko. Even at 41 Wlad would probably beat out 95% of heavyweights without problems.

Personally im inclined to see he's washed and AJ does the deed by the 5th round. Cut to a rapturous Wembley Stadium interspersed with many shots of a crying Hayden Panitierre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jack B Nimble posted:

And surely, surely, fighting as a contender rather than the reigning champ will light a fire that reforges the steel hammer?

He's said something to this effect in interviews. being a challenger is much more freeing then being a defender trying to break Joe Louis's record

I can really see this going either way.

Maybe i should try to get out of work early to watch this

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm sure I'll look stupid for saying this two days from now but I do think Joshua has stepped up too big too early against Klitschko. Even at 41 Wlad would probably beat out 95% of heavyweights without problems.

I have notably bad opinions about boxing, and agree.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

I'm watching Frazier Ali II and it is such a mindfuck seeing OJ Simpson pop up between rounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMOIWWyNHJs

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Anyone excited about the HW fight tonight?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

me.

think wlad might win tho

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
My head says Wlad but it's dangerous to bet against the Hungry Young Lion

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

the main event isn't for another hour and 40 mins and the co-main is about to start. terrible pacing from a boxing card yet again

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Awful fights too

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I don't get the appeal of going to see this fight live - especially for the bulk of fans out in the nosebleeds - how could you even see the action without binoculars? Or if you just end up watching on the big screen why not just watch at home or at a bar where you're a bit more comfortable and aren't blowing as much money?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Got off work, hurried home, I'm hyped to see the main event. I wanna be excited by heavy weights again, either from a young again Wlad or something like a real start to a new Era. Symbolism I know but it's a narrative I'm sold on.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Decent scrap on the undercard but empty seats everywhere, people must still be doing coke in the toilets

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

They never sell as many tickets as they claim, they all get snapped up by touts and go straight onto stubhub, it's a real racket. Saying that you'd expect it to fill up far more than it is at the moment by the main event

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Klitschko looked loving poo poo against Fury so hopefully he's better tonight

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

apparently ringwalks have been brought forward to 2135

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
They really are going to whitewash Fury out of history, don't think he's been mentioned once

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

does anyone have a stream thats stable and decent quality they can share?

butros
Aug 2, 2007

http://www.vipboxtv.me/boxing/472335/1/scott-quigg-vs-viorel-simion-:-wba-international-featherweight-title-stream.html

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Wlad still p4p best entrance music tho

e: even if they did gently caress up the audio

Lionel Richie fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 29, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

fire everyone in the audience into the sun imo

Finalyl got a stream to be stable but its behind so i'll def get spoilers if someone is knocked out

Jose fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 29, 2017

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

WTF kinda ring walk is this

Garbage

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Get on with it Jeez

How hilarious would it be if he pulled a metallica and walked into one of those flame bursts on accident.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Brb gotta go flex with flaming letters for a min

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

Entrance mix tapes.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

if joshua can counter the jab early and make wlad scared to throw it he's got this. if wlad establishes the jab tho...

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Hey bonus, my stream has switched to showtime, don't have to listen to the Sky clowns now

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Has it started yet?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

nah still blabbin, the 30 minutes of ringwalks are over tho

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Their entrance music had entrance music.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

wlad's fight so far. joshua looking nervous and falling short a lot

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I don't want to see a decision in the arena that made eternal flames from one guy's initials.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Wlad isn't getting a decision away from home fighting like he is

Amazing if it goes 12 though

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

got it even :shrug:

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

cpome onnnnnnnnn

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
poo poo

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

someone's gonna get ko'd tho, right before they're sacrificed over the flaming altar of letters

^^^ already had this written lol

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Cheeky stream that doesn't need flash?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

oh my gawddd

Clevername Lookhere
Jan 9, 2006
Holy poo poo! What a round 5. Looks like Joshua wore himself out going for it there. Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

what a loving round holy poo poo