Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

tzirean posted:

I... did not realize there were two-spot x-killer latents now. I don't have any of those. Are they farmable like the color resists or miserable like SDR?

Killer Latents come from Arena 3. One random one spawns per run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

The Jumpoff posted:

The need for evo mats reminded me: If you need the divine masks for evoing stuff (like I did), just do Two Heroes until you get the one you need, since you're guaranteed one in the second or third floor.

I've been ALB farming it with my 3 Zeus Dios setup, but I am trying to find a way to speed up the process. I have two Rodins ready, but no Goemon team to use them on. :v: As well an R.Ra.

When I ran Two Heroes for masks it turned out my LE button+swipe team handles TH as well. :v:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

isndl posted:

When I ran Two Heroes for masks it turned out my LE button+swipe team handles TH as well. :v:

My reconfigured push button team can do it now too.

I now have 3 R.Hakus and R.Loki max leveled. And the xp for Dathena. And pys for her. She's going to be hypermaxed as soon as i buy her, basically.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
Speaking of latent killers, gently caress balance killers. I'm getting them every other a3 run. It's by far the worst one. At least healer killer is useful for lkali.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
I ran out of blue jewels, so I can't awaken​ Karin or Hermes or Amon or ...

I ran rare monster infestation that I had in my mailbox 18 times. Ended up with 6 dark, 3 light, 3 red, and 1 green jewel. gently caress you, desire sensor!!!

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Maxed 2x R Haku, R Loki, and R Persephone. I am ready too! Just need to +297 all of them :(

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

can I do d.Athena if I only have one haku :ohdear: I have persephone, lumiel, durga and a load of other decent subs, but is it worth dropping the MP?

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Beekeeping and You posted:

can I do d.Athena if I only have one haku :ohdear: I have persephone, lumiel, durga and a load of other decent subs, but is it worth dropping the MP?

Yea totally. The only real requirement is having a card with 2x skill bind resist in there somewhere and a few dark/blue orb generators. It's not like there's anything else good to spend mp on.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Been doing the LE thing in what spare time I have. Got attacker ult Hathor, one Ilm, R.Leilan, R.Hermes, R.Meimei and one R.Haku maxed, starting on the second R.Haku and also doing the second Ilm, R.Orochi and R.Loki. Unfortunately, used my only dark snowglobe on R.Haku, completely forgetting hey wouldn't that be nice to have for D.Athena, oops. I'm also low on available +297s, but should be able to cover most of the planned D.Athena team.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Been having good luck with ALB, Zeus, Zeus, Balboa, Tengu, ALB for LE with A Ra inherit on ALB. Basically brainless.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm done with all my red and blue cards with the exception of a couple of trophy cards and descended/rogue bosses that are / may be evo fodder some day. I also went ahead and got Revo Yomi taken care of. I actually don't have that many green/light/dark cards left to level out and I'm skipping the radar dragons so I think I'll actually be able to wrap this up tomorrow. Current stats:
XP: 380,591,250
TOTAL FEEDS: 828
GOAL: 51.79% (Padherder "Need XP" adds up to 734M but that's before I started actually going through it and setting some cards to 0)

I didn't touch my noel stockpile (37 including the ones from quest rewards) so I'm good for DAthena and anything else in the future I may need to actually level up.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 29, 2017

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm done with all my red and blue cards with the exception of a couple of trophy cards and descended/rogue bosses that are / may be evo fodder some day. I also went ahead and got Revo Yomi taken care of. I actually don't have that many green/light/dark cards left to level out and I'm skipping the radar dragons so I think I'll actually be able to wrap this up tomorrow. Current stats:
XP: 380,591,250
TOTAL FEEDS: 828
GOAL: 51.79% (Padherder "Need XP" adds up to 734M but that's before I started actually going through it and setting some cards to 0)

I didn't touch my noel stockpile (37 including the ones from quest rewards) so I'm good for DAthena and anything else in the future I may need to actually level up.

And your Goemon has consistently been up so I can power through (though not nearly as much as you), so thank you!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Tsubaki the dragon eater is nice for when you manage to gently caress up a LE run due to not paying attention, and end up with a full HP Zaerog and only 3 red orbs on the board. 6c combo and she still hits him for around 3 million damage. :getin:
(closer to 20-25m with a goemon board and no combos)

trucutru posted:

Ideal for what? No such thing as an ideal team.

In any case, if you mean for Arena3 then this reddit guide is actually decent (!!)

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/wiki/guides/leaders/darkathena

Just keep in mind that is laser-focused on arena3 but it should be fine to give you a good idea about subs, inherits, and whatnot.

That guide has some issues, like:

quote:

Cons:

Leaders have no [ Resistance-Skill Bind ] and subs are bindable which can lead to binded team and skill bind.

D.Athena is bind immune. Did they mean subs or what? It'd also be cool to see a guide that isn't mainly "use those 3 Hakus you have because everyone has Hakus right???"

At least I have Zeta Hydra and Indra to inherit on to whomever. Just finished max leveling R.Persephone (used some Noels but still have 2 dark, and 5-6 others in my inventory, plus unclaimed rewards) and I have the masks to Revo Loki as soon as I get a super metal king (might have to buy and run Norids legend, though I forget if it's a 100% drop rate for supers there). Sima Yi's max leveled too. All of them need skillups. I need so many dark Pys it hurts. :negative:

Not sure what my last sub will be because I need another SBR to be immune otherwise I could run Kali Kaworu. (e: Or make R.Yomi for SBR and a TE crutch)

Kilson posted:

I ran out of blue jewels, so I can't awaken​ Karin or Hermes or Amon or ...

I ran rare monster infestation that I had in my mailbox 18 times. Ended up with 6 dark, 3 light, 3 red, and 1 green jewel. gently caress you, desire sensor!!!

Can't you quit and rerun those (and the Py dungeon) until you get the color you want?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the bind thing is pretty obvious to me at least. it's saying that dathena herself doesn't have an sbr, which is where the skill bind thing is coming from. it's also saying that her subs aren't unbindable like dathena herself as a separate point

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Beekeeping and You posted:

jfc will everyone stop panicking about DAthena subs just get to 100% SBR, or 60% with the SBR badge

Evil Fluffy posted:

D.Athena is bind immune. Did they mean subs or what?
It means your subs can be bound which leads to being vulnerable to skill binds.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Can't you quit and rerun those (and the Py dungeon) until you get the color you want?

I could, but it's not useful because the stamina is still gone. It's not one of those one time dungeons, I could run it as many times as I want in an hour.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

iPodschun posted:

jfc will everyone stop panicking about DAthena subs just get to 100% SBR, or 60% with the SBR badge

You don't even need this, I cleared all regularly available content (Outside Arena3, which is doable given some luck. e: and the machine stuff) with only 2 subs, because challenge-mode stones.

Reminds me of this extremely helpful, insightful reddit flowchart:

As you can see, you do need 3 hakus. If you bitches aint got no three hakuses (hakii?) better not touch D.Athena-sama with your filthy voltron-stained hands.

You're only allowed to use the easiest, least sub-dependent leader in the whole freaking game if you have the optimal subs. It's only logical.

And god save the retards that fully awoke Noctis or have skill ups on their Lumiel, what the hell were you thinking?

quote:

You know, my problem with this chart is that this chart isn't actually restrictive enough.

If we're going to get this restrictive about a team, that means you're aiming for things like A3. And a team with just this chart and none of the necessary inherits won't do a drat thing.

And if one's not aiming for A3, you don't need anything as restrictive as this.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 30, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
the pad reddit is some real blind leading the blind poo poo lol

it's like a forum full of lick the whisks

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

See the consequences? Do your reasearch! Otherwise you will screw up!

2 Noctis... ruined!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

trucutru posted:

Reminds me of this extremely helpful, insightful reddit flowchart:

Good thing I have Xmas Haku and a pair of chibi hakus. :unsmith:

I should run those 3 and some other half-assed sub just to see how much content it can still clear by leaning on the D.Athenas.

I'd run the Xmas Haku for real if she got a goddamn SBR. I wish I had the SBR badge. 10% or better in a ranking dungeon is bullshit. :(

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why do people call sakuya kirin but not call haku byakko or w/e

is it really just because it's 1 less letter

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
yes

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The flowchart is dumb and wrong but it's more meant to impress the point that Dathena is chiefly bought for really quick A3 clears (even more specifically, really quick A3 solo clears), and if you buy her for anything easier than A3 Yomidra is both cheaper and has even wider subs than Dathena, and Radra is cheaper and overall better as a day-to-day lead (although he has a much narrower selection of subs).

It's a dumb flowchart and inherently assumes you never use Dathena coop (which invalidates almost everything written in it), but you do generally want to build a 5 sbr solo teamcomp if possible (but not necessary) before buying, you do generally want at least one of Haku or Ryune or Karin before buying, you generally want some form of spike on the team before buying. It's meant to impart an important point - if you're new or inexperienced don't sell your entire loving box chasing down a single super popular meta lead (especially one as expensive as Dathena) if you don't have the subs to support her because she isn't gonna by herself enable one to suddenly clear a bunch of content they couldn't before.

Basically: Dathena's not going loving anywhere, so don't trade your entire loving box away to obtain her, especially if you don't have the subs to support her. And to be honest depending on the state of your box, Yomidra/Radra might have far more significant impact on it than Dathena anyways.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

why do people call sakuya kirin but not call haku byakko or w/e

is it really just because it's 1 less letter

'cuz she's the best.

Have a catte or four

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

The flowchart is dumb and wrong but it's more meant to impress the point that Dathena is chiefly bought for really quick A3 clears (even more specifically, really quick A3 solo clears), and if you buy her for anything easier than A3 Yomidra is both cheaper and has even wider subs than Dathena, and Radra is cheaper and overall better as a day-to-day lead (although he has a much narrower selection of subs).

You're like a golem made of pure wrong.

vvv Wait for her to get an awoken form, then evo and immediately de-evo her. Problem gone! vvv

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 30, 2017

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

trucutru posted:

And god save the retards that fully awoke Noctis or have skill ups on their Lumiel, what the hell were you thinking?

Oh, no, I skilled up my Lumiel. All this preparation has been for NOTHING.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I liked the subreddit when I was starting but these days it's meh. There are more helpful people on the discord but even then you get some dodgy advice.

IDK I don't think about it much, but some people want to think about the game even less than I do and I can't hold that against em.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Yomidra is both cheaper and has even wider subs than Dathena,
hmmm tell me more about how there are more dark gods than the sum of dark gods, attackers, and devils.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I knew I was keeping around this Ryune to inherit for some reason

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

trucutru posted:

Oh god my Lumiel has 2 skill ups :smith: Despite having 3 Hakus and Loki and Ryune and Carat, I should probably just delete PAD spend $500 chasing another Lumiel next godfest, right?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

Wait what

Doctor Tog
Oct 10, 2008

You see, if a skill has a cooldown exceeding 15 turns, it's suboptimal to skill it below 15 because of the ability to use it as skill delay resist for heph dra.

...:suicide:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

that sounds dumb as gently caress and I just spent a week pushing buttons to level up card I'll never use.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Doctor Tog posted:

You see, if a skill has a cooldown exceeding 15 turns, it's suboptimal to skill it below 15 because of the ability to use it as skill delay resist for heph dra.

...:suicide:

Welp time to delete my 4 year old account and start over. How could I ever have played suboptimally???

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Rolled a Silk! And a dupe Ronove. AWESOME for my Krishna, Myr, and Minerva teams.

Desire to sell Ronove is strong. I have no hope of running him and I'm 20k short of DA. Do I have the patience to wait 4 days worth of MP... HMMMM.

Also, why are FreyjaI/I&I not a viable inherit for Loki? I lack Carat/Facet.

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 30, 2017

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Munkaboo posted:

Also, why are FreyjaI/I&I not a viable inherit for Loki? I lack Carat/Facet.

They're completely usable, just much weaker. With a team full of TPA subs you can get 4-5x for 2 turns from Facet. My Balboa / Artemis team gets 4.6x from Facet, for instance.

Balboa / Artemis (2), Vishnu (3), Kaede (3), Susano (2) / Artemis (2) => 12 TPAs => 1.0+3.6 = 4.6

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
2 Sumire and a Tsubaki.

I have enough of these already, Gungho.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Grimrock, two Raijin.

On the one hand, 2 6 stars in a row (with good actives even!)

On the other, two Not Fuujin's.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Ironsolid posted:

2 Sumire and a Tsubaki.

I have enough of these already, Gungho.

You can never have enough Tsubakis:

Tsubaki(Tsubaki)+Tsubaki(Tsubaki)/Tsubaki(Tsubaki)/Tsubaki(Tsubaki)/Tsubaki(Tsubaki)+Tsubaki(Tsubaki) optimal team

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Courtesy Rolls:

Alt: Fenrir Viz

Main: Fujin

gently caress yes, gonna inherit this bitch on DAthena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

U&Y. Well, okay I guess, into the trash heap (unless I should evo up for Dathena?)