Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

FreudianSlippers posted:

Or was that Sasquatch?

Nah dude, Sasquatch died of a heart attack in the 70s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Disgusting Coward posted:

Nah dude, Sasquatch died of a heart attack in the 70s.

For reverse context:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEXvXZsgFYs

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Collateral Damage posted:

I always thought you killed crabs the same way you kill lobsters.

I find that pretty improbable

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yeah sticking your pubes in boiling water can be somewhat painful.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
You know what they say, when in Rome, boil your pubes.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I really like the nice-guy mafia man you play as. He has so much heart, and is clearly a nice and benevolent figure, thrust into a violent world which he is at odds with. This is evident in how he spared not only Frank's family, but Frank as well, and also in how he absolutely obliterated that housekeeper's skull with a baseball bat. That's integrity, and honor: the sort of thing you only see in a classy professional criminal organization, like the mafia.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Random Stranger posted:

Allow me as a nerd to post a four paragraph screed about how awful it is that Marvel made the new Ghost Rider a woman.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Collateral Damage posted:

I always thought you killed crabs the same way you kill lobsters.

Knife directly into their head

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

We Know Catheters posted:

Knife directly into their head

Using a pair of scissors to cut off their face isn't that different, really.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always thought the most humane way to kill live lobsters/crabs was to stuff them into a tube sock, whirl them around your head several times, and then slam them into the corner of a brick wall. Then you just toss them (sock and all) into the boiling water.

That's why lobster boils are also known as "sock hops."

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Solice Kirsk posted:

I always thought the most humane way to kill live lobsters/crabs was to stuff them into a tube sock, whirl them around your head several times, and then slam them into the corner of a brick wall. Then you just toss them (sock and all) into the boiling water.

No.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Clint_eastwood_nodding.gif

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
If you want to kill a shellfish with little effort put them in water with some clove oil. Knocks them right out. Lobsters don't have a centralized nervous system so a knife in the head doesn't actually do that much.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

If you want to kill a shellfish with little effort put them in water with some clove oil. Knocks them right out. Lobsters don't have a centralized nervous system so a knife in the head doesn't actually do that much.

Well, I guess you'd know.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

All this conversation has done is get me hungry for crab.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well, that's... good

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

All this conversation has done is get me hungry for crab.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqeWpvRJUJU

NLJP has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Apr 28, 2017

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well, I guess you'd know.

Don't bet on it.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

it wouldn't be very humane to use goons' socks for that

and you shouldn't really toss into boiling water

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Hogge Wild posted:

it wouldn't be very humane to use goons' socks for that

and you shouldn't really toss into boiling water

Sounds like a lifehack to me. Why use valuable salt in the water when you can just make your own?

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

RFC2324 posted:

When I was in high school, I had a friend who maintained a supply of cyanide, 'just in case'. He gathered it by cooking it out of apple seeds, and would pass it around so we could all smell how almondy it was.

I wonder if he is dead yet.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you, but your friend just had a bottle of almond extract.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Average Bear posted:

Antisemitic Avatar

Black Baby Goku posted:

Good sequel. Cameron does it again

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Platystemon posted:

The current Attorney General is Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III.

Leavemywife posted:

That's the kind of name that should come with a mint julep.

Platystemon posted:

It’s the kind of name that comes with a lot of baggage, but also enough negro servants to carry it.

Eox posted:

According to folk etymology, Eskimo is a Cree term for "Blubber-eater", "Snowshoe-lacer" or "He who eats it raw" depending on who you ask. There's a good reason nobody is all that fond of the term anymore.

Eponymous posted:

Just a sec, I need to insert "he who eats it raw" into my insult database.

U.T. Raptor has a new favorite as of 11:18 on Apr 29, 2017

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

RaspberryCommie posted:

IT absolutely is. It's another one of those "It totally works, but BIG PHARMA doesn't want you to know about it"

(It actually was used as a cancer treatment in the early 20th century, but even communist Russia considered it too lethal to use)

Phlegmish posted:

How would it cure cancer.

Bogan King posted:

Dead people don't die of cancer I guess.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

IamnotJoe posted:

WTF are you talking about. I am pretty sure monks new what ducks looked like, I mean it's a bunch of dudes in a monastery. Surely they have all at least seen a dick.

Ransack posted:

Why does your dick look like a duck?

Bogan King posted:

Yours doesn't? :stare:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you untuck your dacks and your dick looks like a duck then go see the dick doc quick.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

When I was little, I was banned from using the scissors in our house. This was because my parents were cheap, so we only had one pair of scissors, and I misplaced them twice in a row. I was forbidden from using the scissors for several years in a row. My father, however, insists on name-brand Cheerios (or he did at the time, he has since stopped eating breakfast). During the time that Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame was in theaters, Cheerios contained toys from that film. The box my father bought contained Quasimodo. I got the toy out of the box, since no one else wanted it. My mother saw that I had that toy, and said I was allowed to use the scissors again, if she could watch me cut the Quasimodo toy into pieces in the backyard. I did this. The plastic was green inside, like his shirt. I asked why this was what I had to do to get scissor privileges back. She said, "Because the film says it's okay to be ugly. I want you to cut him apart." I did this and I cut him into pieces and threw them into the pool in front of my mother. She was satisfied by this and I got to use the scissors again and never misplaced them. I still feel guilty about this. It makes me sick. I don't know how to make it better.

It was this one. It came with the Cheerios.

its not funny but its a hell of a piece of writing

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

chernobyl kinsman posted:

its not funny but its a hell of a piece of writing

:stare:

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Actually it is extremely funny

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well excuse me i have a screenplay to send to disney.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pick about to go down another spiral of mental collapse?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pick about to go down another spiral of mental collapse?

...Another? I wasn't aware the first one had ended.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't see what is so hosed up about his dad not eating breakfast anymore.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
That reads like the kind of poo poo you hear narrated in the Hannibal TV show as the camera slowly pans up to reveal the latest serial killer grotesquery like a spiral staircase lovingly crafted out of severed dicks or whatever.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Thirteen Orphans posted:

My old chaplain HATES when people say Aquinas was super heavy. He's convinced it's some kind of anti-Catholic rumor that stuck.

Mr Enderby posted:

Deep in the Protestant Headquarters, the Head Protestant sits on a plastic stool, wearing ugly polyester vestments. Cringing Lackey approaches.

Cringing Lackey: Your Reformedness, I have bad news. The Catholics are growing ever stronger. How will we ever convince people to stop doing good works, as is the cornerstone of our belief system.
Head Protestant: Don't worry, I have a plan that will strike a the heart of the Papists. I'll tell people that the famous Roman Catholic Thomas Aquinas, who as everyone knows we Protestants hate and fear for his orthodox theology, was all fat and gross.
CL: But Your Supreme Anti-Liturgicalness, it is well known that Aquinas was super buff and swole.
HP: It is true that he was super buff and swole, and also ripped, but we'll tell people he was a fat nerd. Because, and I really can't stress this enough, all Protestants hate Aquinas for some reason.
CL: Brilliant your Iconoclasticness. I'll put the plan into action right away.
HP: Good. Now leave me. I must put a condom on my penis before I have sex with my wife.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Snooze Cruise posted:

I don't see what is so hosed up about his dad not eating breakfast anymore.

Please don't misgender posters.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I lived with a boyfriend in his parents house in Ohio. They were fairly wealthy and had a giant mansion-like house, and one room that was roped- off, that his crazy mother rarely let anyone allow to walk inside. She called it her princess room, and it was basically a shrine to Princess Diana. White carpet, fancy velvet couch, hundreds of Diana portraits in golden frames, dolls that looked like Diana (so many dolls), Diana memorabilia, magazine covers, books, etc etc. But best of all, a gigantic clear glass grand piano with a gigantic picture of Princess Diana's face on the top of it, with the word "FOREVER". I'll never forget that room, i'll never forget how horrible his mother was, and i'll never forget peeing in the middle of her perfectly white carpet in that creepy room before I moved away forever.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

this killed the relationship

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
A clear glass piano and they didn't upper deck it? Unforgivable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Breetai posted:

Funny Forums Quotes: a spiral staircase lovingly crafted out of severed dicks