Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay Flam has to be scum. If his doctor power works the way he claimed then Hal can't have died before him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh additionally since Hal was probably town then stickup isn't lying about his miller recruiting claim.

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Reporting in - last night, I protected Hal and stickup, and succeeded on both accounts.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Okay Flam has to be scum. If his doctor power works the way he claimed then Hal can't have died before him.

It's protection from ghosts only - it wouldn't protect from an SK, for example. Hal listed two alive people as not ghosts in his last action, me and Mr. F. I believe that Mr. F was an SK and nightkilled Hal to keep himself alive. I have a theory, which both my protection and Hal's cop combine to confirm - Mr. F is SK. This theory is further confirmed when Hal died last night - if Mr. F was SK, he would want to nightkill Hal to prevent being lynched the next day, as Hal would either investigate me (and discover I'm town), or investigate Mr. F (and discover that he was 3P). I'm pretty sure that Mr. F is SK.

##vote Mr. F

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:ghost: go ???! :ghost:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:ghost:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa85B8i0Qv0

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mr. F! posted:

There was only one kill last night, shouldn't there have been two?

Mr. F! posted:

Well I lost a shot of BP, so. . . why'd you try to kill me

Mr. F! posted:

Obviously I lied about being VT yesterday, because my role doesn't matter. I'm town, and roles do NOT matter, the content matters.

Mr. F! posted:

I'm not lying?

magnus you should've confessed yesterday. look at these ridiculous posts. look at them.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Mr. F! posted:

you're using semantics to try and prove I'm lying.

Mr. F! posted:

I'm not lying, I lied

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Yorkshire Tea posted:

we can't really verify that at this point. the unbelievable thing is that flam has apparently lived the entire game as claimed doctor that protects two people every night

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh additionally since Hal was probably town then stickup isn't lying about his miller recruiting claim.

mason :ssh: miller is a town player that investigates as scum

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
eh, gently caress it, this should've happened yesterday anyway ##vote mr. f

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Good riddance, Mr. F!!

Votecount for Day 5

Mr. F! (3): Retro Futurist, Flamander, this is a stickup

Not Voting (2): Mr. F!, Yorkshire Tea

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 02nd, 2017 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 9 hours.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Welp, I played that last round horribly

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Desperation turns to paranoia, the Agents know they can scarcely afford to trust the wrong person. As Aleissa begins talking about her egg, whatever that means, the four Agents look at each other. Had some gone mad? There's barely a moment's hesitation as they share a furtive glance and then turn on her. Fists fly and Tompkins is caught totally off guard. She puts up a meager defense, but the combined fury of the rest of the group overwhelms her immediately. A rough haymaker sends her tumbling backwards, straight through a second-story window. Her scream is cut short by the ground below.

As the Agents peer out through the window, they see she is in rough shape, but looks to be still breathing. More distracting than her condition, is the large R̛ed Ègg̴ resting gently on her chest, as if it was placed there deliberately in the second she was out of view.

Mr. F!, Aleissa Tompkins, Carnegie Vanilla, was executed day five!

N͘͟҉ ̵̶Í̕ ͏͏͞G̀͞ ̕͢H̕ ̧̨T̵̢ ̸͏̴ ͢F̀͟ I͠ ̵͟V̴͟ E̷̶҉ ͝ ͝B̷̕ ̡E͏ ͟Ģ̀̕ ͏̶I̡ ̵̧N͜͠ ̀S

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I figured it out! But it's midnight, nobody do anything yet and I'll explain tomorrow

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Back at the entrance hall, the three survivors find Marissa in an unenviable state. Her body is a crude caricature of the human form, with thick iron chains wrapped tightly around her, contorting her limbs into fantastic patterns. How can this be? They were all just together moments ago. Time seems to have lost all meaning, their pocket watches spin wildly, as if daring them to try and survive until sunlight.

Flamander, Marissa Hodges, Carnegie Chainer, died night five!

quote:

Each night, you may ##chain to two players. These chains will protect players from the dark affections of any ghosts. These are the most reliable means of protecting against evil spirits, but they will not protect against mundane attacks. You shouldn't need to worry about those though, right?

This night has been an assault the likes of which were unprecedented in the annals of Ghost-Hunting history. One of the top MidWest Agencies has been eliminated altogether. Fifteen of the best Agents this country had to offer entered Ravenswood tonight, and now only three remain. The cash prize awarded for cleansing this place seems now a joke, the horrors you've endured are beyond that of any mortal incentive. Still though, you stand now, just three souls. Ghost or human, only one entity is leaving this cursed place tonight.

DAY SIX BEGINS!

Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): Retro Futurist, this is a stickup, Yorkshire Tea

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 02nd, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 17 hours.

I will honor a 24-hour deadline extension if requested via private message by any player. Thank you all for making this so much fun, I can't wait to see what happens next.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 1, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUZak1nvBWk

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Somberbrero posted:

Desperation turns to paranoia, the Agents know they can scarcely afford to trust the wrong person. As Aleissa begins talking about her egg, whatever that means, the four Agents look at each other. Had some gone mad? There's barely a moment's hesitation as they share a furtive glance and then turn on her. Fists fly and Tompkins is caught totally off guard. She puts up a meager defense, but the combined fury of the rest of the group overwhelms her immediately. A rough haymaker sends her tumbling backwards, straight through a second-story window. Her scream is cut short by the ground below.

As the Agents peer out through the window, they see she is in rough shape, but looks to be still breathing. More distracting than her condition, is the large R̛ed Ègg̴ resting gently on her chest, as if it was placed there deliberately in the second she was out of view.

Mr. F!, Aleissa Tompkins, Carnegie Vanilla, was executed day five!

N͘͟҉ ̵̶Í̕ ͏͏͞G̀͞ ̕͢H̕ ̧̨T̵̢ ̸͏̴ ͢F̀͟ I͠ ̵͟V̴͟ E̷̶҉ ͝ ͝B̷̕ ̡E͏ ͟Ģ̀̕ ͏̶I̡ ̵̧N͜͠ ̀S

:psyduck:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Retro Futurist posted:

I figured it out! But it's midnight, nobody do anything yet and I'll explain tomorrow

yorkie I hope you can see what an outstandingly scummy post this is. mere minutes after this, the thread opens - right after he submit his kill.

there is no way mr. f's flip is true. first off, janitored kills stopped when mr. f died. second, he admit to being bulletproof, :siren: meaning he wasn't vanilla :siren:. I believe mr. f and glowku were both scum. mr. f was a janitor, and glowku some role that can clone or steal another person's. he likely claimed the ssv kill to try and draw the sk out.

both glowku and mr. f pushed very hard to get rf killed, which retrospectively makes a lot of sense if they figured out rf is the serial killer. he is not targetable. he might just be a ghost as others suggested, which might be to make the sk a more viable winner via protection from night kills. bulletproof serial killers are not uncommon.

I am 99.99% sure on it being rf. I was pretty drat sure it was them when I called it mr. f and rf earlier.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

this is a stickup posted:

yorkie I hope you can see what an outstandingly scummy post this is. mere minutes after this, the thread opens - right after he submit his kill.

there is no way mr. f's flip is true. first off, janitored kills stopped when mr. f died. second, he admit to being bulletproof, :siren: meaning he wasn't vanilla :siren:. I believe mr. f and glowku were both scum. mr. f was a janitor, and glowku some role that can clone or steal another person's. he likely claimed the ssv kill to try and draw the sk out.

both glowku and mr. f pushed very hard to get rf killed, which retrospectively makes a lot of sense if they figured out rf is the serial killer. he is not targetable. he might just be a ghost as others suggested, which might be to make the sk a more viable winner via protection from night kills. bulletproof serial killers are not uncommon.

I am 99.99% sure on it being rf. I was pretty drat sure it was them when I called it mr. f and rf earlier.

Goddamnit I wish the day 4 deadline hadn't fallen on a Friday evening while I was drinking.

I'm about 90% certain that you're right. But also I suspect that if you're scum I'm impossibly hosed because I'm basically the last person on the planet that can judge your posting objectively after all the games of Mafia we've played. As such I will try to solve this via being a robot.

So night 4, assuming SK both Mafia and the SK targetted Hal and so he died and was janitored.

On night 5, allegedly we executed the SK and got a non janitored kill on Flam as a result.

Of course none of this gels with the actual flips.

Let's pretend all the flips are true. Logically since I haven't lost yet this would mean a mafia game with three scum or three scum and an SK and the final three standing are me, the SK and the last scum at which point I'm just determining which of the non-town actors is going to win.

Based on the sheer volume of kills the first is implausible. Based on the second, who gives a poo poo town is already dead.

So I'm going to agree that the flips are wrong and I think it's most likely that the SK flip came back as vanilla.

But the most important thing is that Hal's cop claim was right and Hal confirmed that you were a mason recruiter. There are good odds that you're also scum aligned, but honestly this is the only piece of information that I have for this choice.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh the one thing I think is wrong is that I don't think Glowku was scum. But that's immaterial, a scum size of 4 with an SK is brutal but probably plausible and doesn't overwrite the most important claim I made in my last post.

I do have one question for you stickup.

If you're 99.9% sure you're right why didn't you vote RF straight away? You seemed fine to do it for Mr. F.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Oh the one thing I think is wrong is that I don't think Glowku was scum. But that's immaterial, a scum size of 4 with an SK is brutal but probably plausible and doesn't overwrite the most important claim I made in my last post.

I do have one question for you stickup.

If you're 99.9% sure you're right why didn't you vote RF straight away? You seemed fine to do it for Mr. F.

it's two to lynch. on the off chance that I'm actually seriously wrong, you hammer and win immediately.

mr. f, if town, doesn't have a reason to lie about being bullet proof. he really doesn't if he's the sk either, and his immediate post after getting killed looks like even he realized bumbled through that day. tbh that last post looks like a posthumous claim to me, but who knows

if glowku is town, rf is still enemy number one: a ghost that cannot be targeted by night actions isn't town. if it weren't for mr. f imploding, my vote would've been there the last 2 days.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So night 4, assuming SK both Mafia and the SK targetted Hal and so he died and was janitored.

On night 5, allegedly we executed the SK and got a non janitored kill on Flam as a result.

basically I have two theories that both point to the same person

mr. f losing bulletproof necessitates that he is not vanilla. we don't have a reason to trust his bp claim if he is not town, but he flips as vanilla town. so either we believe a) the flip is right, and mr f lied about being bp to try and bag rf (nah), b) mr f killed tpink and was legit confused why there was only one kill (maybe), or c) scum mr f lost his bp and tried to pin it on rf without thinking it through

I like mr f, talk to him a lot, and know him pretty well. personally I think c is by far the most likely :v: sorry mags.

mr. f and glowku are scum, rf is the sk. makes sense based on their posting and desire to kill serial killer rf in over multiple days

or I'm wrong about that, and glowku/mr. f are somehow town, despite attempting desperately to ignore the cop claim on scum ypm and mr. f's posting in general. in which case, again, we are left with a ghost thing that can't be targeted. confirmed by multiple people. mr f and rf have both lied about being vanilla town.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
full disclosure, I'm still entertaining the possibility that I'm just completely wrong this game and am the kingmaker here between you and rf. it very well may have been flam's protection last night that kept me alive/the game still going.

if that's the case, congrats you've probably won, as I'm so sure about rf due to the ghost thing that I can't really see myself voting you.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

full disclosure, I'm still entertaining the possibility that I'm just completely wrong this game and am the kingmaker here between you and rf. it very well may have been flam's protection last night that kept me alive/the game still going.

if that's the case, congrats you've probably won, as I'm so sure about rf due to the ghost thing that I can't really see myself voting you.

I'm in the same position. I want to let RF get a word in edgewise but after he does I'm probably going to just vote him and end the game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would rather do a big effort post but it's painful on mobile and I won't be at a computer for a while, but here's the facts:

1) it was a 2 man scum team and they're all dead
2) stickup is a cult recruiter
3) what looks like janitored kills are in fact the cultists.

Think about it. Stick claims to be a Mason recruiter, which is backed up by Hal. The only people we know for sure he targeted are Hal and Tpink, both of whom flipped ????, and Mason recruiter is an excellent fake claim for cult.

I believe the death Miller thing in the rules is not a literal statement that death millers are in the game, but that flips can't necessarily be trusted. It was somber' way of indicating that without giving the game away.

Cult also fits perfectly with the flavour here.

I believe that the two ghosts were our scum team, and the rest has been cult recruits being spirited away to join their master, notice the flips just say they disappeared.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm seriously having more fun than I have with a game in ages, thanks somber :3

The beauty of this is he didn't even have to lie. He was outed by tpink and had to explain it, but did so in a way that let him nearly tell the truth.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote stick

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey stickup, your recruit is a day action right? Why not just grab Yorkie so you can prove me wrong?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Retro Futurist posted:

I would rather do a big effort post but it's painful on mobile and I won't be at a computer for a while, but here's the facts:

1) it was a 2 man scum team and they're all dead
2) stickup is a cult recruiter
3) what looks like janitored kills are in fact the cultists.

Think about it. Stick claims to be a Mason recruiter, which is backed up by Hal. The only people we know for sure he targeted are Hal and Tpink, both of whom flipped ????, and Mason recruiter is an excellent fake claim for cult.

I believe the death Miller thing in the rules is not a literal statement that death millers are in the game, but that flips can't necessarily be trusted. It was somber' way of indicating that without giving the game away.

Cult also fits perfectly with the flavour here.

I believe that the two ghosts were our scum team, and the rest has been cult recruits being spirited away to join their master, notice the flips just say they disappeared.

hey cool theory. if I'm a cult recruiter, and I didn't recruit you to be a cult member, then yorkie would be a cult member, meaning we would have the majority and already won the game. lmao

props for this really excellent spin but at the end of the day, you're an untargetable ghost ##vote retro

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Because you forgot your fake claim, sugar

I recruit as a day action, don't have a night action. can always recruit one person when not in a masonry.

:boom:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I didn't forget :ssh:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
hey retro, who do you think killed tpink?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I honestly don't even care if I lose, as long as I'm also right, make the call yorkie.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Retro Futurist posted:

I honestly don't even care if I lose, as long as I'm also right, make the call yorkie.

you? not the town?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
your theory is that I recruited tpink into a cult and then night killed him

and you win, not the town? kay

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

hey retro, who do you think killed tpink?

Nobody, I think your power sends them away after a day or two, hence "disappeared"

Somberbrero posted:

tpink, Alan Litkin, ??? ????? disappearednight three!

And not killed

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

you? not the town?

I am the town

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Retro Futurist posted:

Nobody, I think your power sends them away after a day or two, hence "disappeared"

And not killed

you know who else disappears?

you

every night

(because you are a ghost)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
were you going to explain the 2 kills that happened every night? or was that the end?

are you conveniently leaving them out because they don't fit?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do feel a bit bad, cults have a special place in my heart and you came so close, but Im too excited to let you win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

were you going to explain the 2 kills that happened every night? or was that the end?

are you conveniently leaving them out because they don't fit?

I can go through it better when I'm at my PC later if need be, but I'm pretty sure they're all accounted for with other actions like what happened N1

• Locked thread