Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Mister Kingdom posted:

You loving liar!

That interview was clearly done before the show aired and was criticized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Plom Bar posted:

That interview was clearly done before the show aired and was criticized.

Yes, it was. He's still a loving liar.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Yeah, Moonbeam City not being renewed is a real shame because it was a great premise and the aesthetic was gorgeous. Most comedies stumble in their first season, if it had kept going I bet it would grown into something special.

get that OUT of my face posted:

I saw all 10 episodes or something of Perfect Hair Forever and it's a dumb but fun anime parody. I hope there's an Adult Swim show that revisits the concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFOGaYYRnfs

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The best part of Perfect Hair Forever was the Prince of All Animals whose job was to deliver all the insane idiotic exposition that makes no sense.

Also the Cat-Bun Wars.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

These next few episode reviews are less about suffering and more about figuring out “What went wrong here?”. Chozen/Moonbeam City/Unsupervised (I think) aren’t so much unredeemably bad shows as they are heavily flawed shows that failed to find an audience. I figured nothing could be as bad Allen Gregory, so I picked a few shows that were almost kind of good to follow it up.
It's a straight-up falsehood to imply that a show must've done something wrong to be cancelled after its pilot season, though. For every handful of 'allen gregory' shaped turds, there's a 'Clone High' shaped diamond

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Clone High aired on MTV. That's what it did wrong.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Chozen was terrible, MoonBeam City got better by the end, and I know absolutely nothing about Unsupervised. So my vote for the next show goes to Unsupervised.

According to Jonah Hill, what makes Allen Gregory funny is that he's an insufferable turd, always gets his way, and learns nothing from being terrible. Does that sound funny? It sure didn't strike a chord with audiences, that's for sure.

Maxwell Lord posted:

The best part of Perfect Hair Forever was the Prince of All Animals whose job was to deliver all the insane idiotic exposition that makes no sense.

Also the Cat-Bun Wars.
You don't understand!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Plom Bar posted:

Clone High aired on MTV. That's what it did wrong.
It was a severely Canadian Nelvana production, so its debut broadcast airdates were on Teletoon over 2 months ahead of its first appearance on MTV.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
According to someone I know who worked on Clone High, it was canceled because they got an angry letter about the portrayal of Gandhi, and pulled the plug.

Mission Hill was a brilliant show that was far ahead of its time that got like a dozen episodes because it was shoved off on the USA network. I bet if it had been an Adult Swim show it would have had like 4 solid seasons.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I still need to know what sort of bet Omoly had to lose to go through with all this.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

twistedmentat posted:

According to someone I know who worked on Clone High, it was canceled because they got an angry letter about the portrayal of Gandhi, and pulled the plug.

Gandhi was a part of it bit they were willing to remove him from the sow entirely or have it be revealed that he was actually a clone of Gary Coleman to keep going.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
So OP, I know this isn't a TV show and therefore not a candidate for your voting, but I do hope at some time in the near future you'll watch Foodfight! and chronicle your journey.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

I still need to know what sort of bet Omoly had to lose to go through with all this.

If only Omoly were stuck at home and had the time to fill us in

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Propaganda Machine posted:

Regy Rusty posted:

If only Omoly were stuck at home and had the time to fill us in
Alright, fine…let me tell y’all a story, a story about Homestuck:

Homestuck is webcomic. Maybe you’ve heard of it maybe you haven’t, that’s not important right now. What is important is this: Hivebent. Hivebent is a game made by the same people who made Homestuck. It’s been in production for like five years and has a long and troubled history (I don’t want to bother typing it all up, just google it if you’re curious, shouldn’t be too hard to find).

Anyway, I thought the game was finally going to be released last April 13th (Apirl 13th is a significant date in Homestuck lore for various reasons. Again, just google it if you wanna know why) and Clawtopsy (my frenemy over in the Homestuck thread) thought I was a hope filled dumbass for thinking that and decided a bet was in order. I’m quite poor, so instead of betting cash I said I would watch all of Allen Gregory if the game didn’t come out on April 13th and then :toxx:ed myself to make it official.

Long story short, Clawtopsy was right, the game STILL isn’t out, and my dumb hopeful rear end had to watch all of Allen Gregory.

Keep in mind this: I made this bet AFTER the creator of the game/comic said the game WASN’T coming out on April 13th. I thought he was playing a prank…I mean, the game was planned for release and greenlit on steam back in JANUARY! If they thought it was almost ready then (they said they just had to debug a few things and that it would only take a few weeks!) surely it would be finished by April, right? RIGHT?!Wrong.

Das Boo posted:

So OP, I know this isn't a TV show and therefore not a candidate for your voting, but I do hope at some time in the near future you'll watch Foodfight! and chronicle your journey.

The masochist in me likes the way you think Das Boo! If I have any fight left in me after rewatching Chozen (because it look like that’s what’s winning right now, although unsupervised is only one vote behind) I might give it a shot. The only problem is that Foodfight is already such a well-known terrible movie, I kind of want experience a lesser known animated abortion.

Any sugestions?

Also, how do you change a thread title?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Keep in mind this: I made this bet AFTER the creator of the game/comic said the game WASN’T coming out on April 13th. I thought he was playing a prank…I mean, the game was planned for release and greenlit on steam back in JANUARY! If they thought it was almost ready then (they said they just had to debug a few things and that it would only take a few weeks!) surely it would be finished by April, right? RIGHT?!Wrong.

And Homestuck itself was going to wrap up in a year...

Any sugestions?

I remember in the Homestuck thread you said you didn't know what The Nutshack was. Now I have never watched the Nutshack, and everything I know about it comes from memes. Anyway you should watch the Nutshack and tell me what it is.

Also, how do you change a thread title?

Ask a mod.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

more like Hamstack

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ehhh try Unsupervised.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Pick posted:

Ehhh try Unsupervised.

n'th, i remember really liking that show

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I remember in the Homestuck thread you said you didn't know what The Nutshack was. Now I have never watched the Nutshack, and everything I know about it comes from memes. Anyway you should watch the Nutshack and tell me what it is.

I've seen some of it and I can say that you're a sick man for suggesting this and also I second it.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I tried watching The Nutshack and turned it off after a couple minutes. In other words you should definitely watch it next after you've had this palate cleanser.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I vote Chozen, because I really want to find out what it was after all these years of the promos living in the deep recesses of my brain.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Guy Mann posted:

Gandhi was a part of it bit they were willing to remove him from the sow entirely or have it be revealed that he was actually a clone of Gary Coleman to keep going.

Really this is the saddest thing about not getting a Clone High season 2, because the Gary Coleman thing would have been one of the wackiest things to ever happen on TV considering the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pick posted:

Ehhh try Unsupervised.

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

n'th, i remember really liking that show

Well would you look at that! Unsupervised pulls ahead at the last minute! I guess that's what I'm watching next-

RandallODim posted:

I vote Chozen, because I really want to find out what it was after all these years of the promos living in the deep recesses of my brain.

....well shoot, Chozen and Unsupervised tied. Democracy has failed once again. I guess this means I should do both? I'll start with an episode of Unsupervised, then do and episode of Chozen, and so on and so on until I either finish or get bored.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Sorry, I'm saving the Nutshack for my next ridiculous bet.

• Locked thread