Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Not my pic, but apparantly this was taken last week at the Seattle Costco. Oh my.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Meydey posted:

Not my pic, but apparantly this was taken last week at the Seattle Costco. Oh my.

gently caress man 1140 calories though :smith:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Skipping the last 200 posts to say that I got not one, but two Costco hot dogs for lunch yesterday after skipping breakfast (whoops). I also picked up protein shakes, those fish sticks in the blue bag, oatmeal, parmesan cheese, a thing of chicken, and a bag of broccoli so large I had to rearrange my freezer to get it to fit. :yum:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

lol just lol if you don't raw dog every bitch you meet

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Me! posted:

gently caress man 1140 calories though :smith:

I feel like that estimate might be slightly off

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Just finished that dog I took a pic of, filled belly and a happy wallet! Thank you Costco :angel:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Meydey posted:

Nice. Though now I have an impossible choice: dog or burger?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mean the bun is probably 100 calories

lettuce and tomato are nothing

sauce is like 40 calories

cheese is like 40 calories

So is the patty 950 calories??

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Peachfart posted:

Nice. Though now I have an impossible choice: dog or burger?

Both. Duh.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Meydey posted:

:wow:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I bet those burgers are gonna be top notch.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
like what are you even doing with your money if you don't buy everything consumable at costco

how do people even go anywhere else

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Eat it, and wear it!!!! Astonishing finds every day at this wonderland.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Teikanmi posted:

That would be p hard unless it was just a 1/3rd pound of burger shaped lard. Maybe they give you a big ol cup of ranch fry sauce with it and just think you'll use the whole thing.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Meydey posted:

1: for a little bit less than that I can get 3/4s pounds of delicious Costco all beef hot dogs.
b: it's gonna be real easy to beat the Costco food court challenge now...

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Eat it, and wear it!!!! Astonishing finds every day at this wonderland.

Someone mentioned those t-shirts made from recycled plastic bottles (32 Degrees or something?) that you can get at Costco and by god they are loving awesome shirts

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Meydey posted:

That's a Kings Hawaiian bun btw
Guessing they are using the 1/3lb Sirloin burgers also. http://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/Kirkland-Signature-13-lb-Ground-Sirloin-Hamburger-Patties%2C-18-ct.product.10182017.html
Those come in at 330 calories.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
so 150 calories for the Kings Hawaiian bun and 300-ish for the patty once a lot of the the fat has cooked off

40 for cheese, 40 for sauce and we're still missing like 600 calories

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Every 4th of July I man the grill at my parents large party/BYOBBBQ. Burgers and dogs are all Kirkland products.

Every year people go, "drat This Burg/Dog Is REAL Good!!!"

Wonder why!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Teikanmi posted:

so 150 calories for the Kings Hawaiian bun and 300-ish for the patty once a lot of the the fat has cooked off

That container of sauce in the background looks mighty caloric!

It's probably 600 cals worth of Thousand Island.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

I could see 1100 calories if that had a side of fries.
The burger should be about about 600-750 or so.

I may have to make a phone call to get to the bottom of this.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Snack for the drive home and then some free noms for the poochies :)

Praise to the most high Costco.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm getting so PUMPED UP for my Costco trip tonight...only 5 more hours!!!!!!! Man this Costco excitement is overwhelming

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
My fiancee has never been to a Costco before, can't wait to show her $5 for a whole chicken once we move back to the states

in this country you can't get two chicken breasts for less than $6

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Stuck in Costco with a newborn for an hour (waiting on my tires to be installed).

God I hope they're quick.

Meanwhile, the dogs are wonderful. Had two. No regrets.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Wish we had a Costco equivalent here in Ireland. They have a few branches in the UK but nothing even in Northern Ireland :(

The best you can do here is get your hands on some businesses VAT number and go to a cash-and-carry to buy bulk stuff at cost price but it's not really the same thing.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
My boss's nephew is married to the heiress of the Kirkland brand. I met her once, and she's really chill and down to earth. The nephew that she married is a completely useless manchild, though.

I recall a couple of stories where they both went on shopping sprees that totaled an average of 13000 USD. This happened constantly. Apparently, the nephew had a really expensive Lincoln Navigator that was desstroyed during the 9/11 attacks.

Last I heard, she/they were part of Mariah Carey's entourage and they were trying to find Mariah a bottle of painkillers.

All in all, it really gives an odd perspective to being a poor goon and eating greasy pizza by the slice at Costco.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Teikanmi posted:

Probably closer to 100 for the cheese, and what the hell let's make that the sauce as well. That still puts us at 650, so unless they're giving us 2 for $5 we're not close calorie-wise.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Stuck in Costco with a newborn for an hour (waiting on my tires to be installed).

God I hope they're quick.

Meanwhile, the dogs are wonderful. Had two. No regrets.

There's a hidden playground in the lighting section, third tier of shelves. Nobody ever goes back there.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Kelp Me! posted:

Someone mentioned those t-shirts made from recycled plastic bottles (32 Degrees or something?) that you can get at Costco and by god they are loving awesome shirts

:yeah:

First layer of choice in this Western WA weather fluctuation.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

If you are posting in here and don't have an executive membership what are you doing

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Executive memberships are for people who are poo poo at math, sorry friend. Just get the credit card, it's a far superior option.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

Executive memberships are for people who are poo poo at math, sorry friend. Just get the credit card, it's a far superior option.

uh... lol its not about math friend its about flashing that sweet black card on walk in letting them know a Premium Member just entered.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Teikanmi posted:

Sometimes they add the potential drink calories into it. For instance, in the pic I posted of the food court board it listed the hot dog at 540-960 calories. Since they advertise it with a 20oz with one refill they probably add that into the latter number.

Anyway, anyone feel like crying?! This is bizarre too. When I went to Costco yesterday they asked if I wanted to donate to Children's Hospital so I gave 'em 5 bucks for that. Today I checked FB and there was a video of Jimmy Kimmel's monologue a night or two ago about his newborn that was just born with a heart disease and about the great people at Children's and of course a tiny gently caress you to Trump at the end. He mentions Costco. Costco sponsors an entire floor at the LA hospital. So if there is something wrong with your brain and you don't like Costco (I know it's rhetorical) then just watch this.

The whole video is heart breaking but definitely :unsmith:. He mentions Costco at 7:30. Good thing I bought that huge thing of Kleenex yesterday. Praise be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmWWoMcGmo0

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I like Costco.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I like Costco.

:same:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Relevant Tangent posted:

Uh, what? Do you hate free money or something? 2% cash back from executive membership ain't no joke!

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
GOT HOME AND SLAMMED MY COSTCO MEMBERSHIP CARD INTO MY WALLET AND DROVE - CAREFULLY AND RESPONSIBLY - TO MY LOCAL COSTCO. GOT SOME FRESH TOWELS FOR THE INLAWS AND SOME PRIME TILAPIA FILLETS. POUNDED SOME GRANOLA SAMPLES AND WAS BACK AT IT, PICKING UP A JUMBO PACK OF LED BULBS AND A SLAB OF SMOKED SALMON. ALL OF IT: A STEAL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol if u dont have your Costco card on you at all times.