Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
A Block aka The Passion of Jake Lee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

if the Honor Rising card doesn't impress you there's a free AJPW card starting an hour and forty minutes earlier at 2:50 EDT/7:50 GMT

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/PoD

credit to spermgod for card

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I know All Japan is booked by Takagi and had a good roster but somehow when I see their cards all I can think is "this is Japanese TNA"

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
AJPW was successful and relevant at one point. I don't think you can say either about TNA.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mariooncrack posted:

AJPW was successful and relevant at one point. I don't think you can say either about TNA.

TNA gave a spotlight to US indie dudes emulating what they learned from 90s AJPW tapes and doing japan tours wrestling against the dudes from those tapes. Today's AJPW gives a spotlight to Japanese indie dudes emulating what they saw from US indies tapes. Cyclical, maaaaan.

coconono fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 27, 2017

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Big DDT card from Saitama Super Arena in a few hours (12:00 EDT). You can get a month (calendar, not 30 day period) of DDT Universe for free if you've never provided payment info before.

card courtesy of https://dramaticddt.wordpress.com

DDT “JUDGEMENT 2017 ~ DDT 20TH ANNIVERSARY BOX OFFICE”, 20/03/2017
Saitama Super Arena

0. Iron Man Heavymetalweight & King Of Dark Titles – DDT Pro Wrestling 20th Anniversary Memorial Celebration Dramatic Rumble: Kotatsu (I/c) Vs Gota Ihashi (D/c) Vs Tomomitsu Matsunaga Vs Mad Paulie Vs Guanchulo Vs Hoshitango Vs Gorgeous Matsuno Vs Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi Vs Ken Ohka Vs MIKAMI Vs Poison Sawada JULIE Vs GENTARO Vs Tomohiko Hashimoto Vs Rion Mizuki Vs Bambi Vs Yoshihiko
0. DNA Offer Match: Rekka, Daiki Shimomura & Yuki Ueno Vs Nobuhiro Shimatani, Naomi Yoshimura & Dai Suzuki
0. Tokyo Joshi Pro Offer Match: Yuu, Mil Clown & Itoh Maki Vs Reika Saiki, Rika Tatsumi & Azusa Takigawa
1. Super Joshi Pro Wars 2017: Saki Akai, Meiko Satomura & Syoko Nakajima Vs Aja Kong, Cherry & Miyu Yamashita
2. Kou Shibusawa 35th Anniversary “Nobunaga’s Ambition ~Our Warring States~” Sengoku Warlords Match: Toyotomi Hideyoshi (Sanshiro Takagi), Shingen Takeda (Keiji Muto) & Yukimura Sanada (Isami Kodaka) (w/ Matsu-hime (Kimika Tokuta)) Vs Katsuie Shibata (Daisuke Sekimoto), Kenshin Uesugi (Jun Akiyama) & Nobunaga Oda (Kota Ibushi) (w/ Oichi (Mai Iriya))
3. Special 8-Man Tag Match: Toru Owashi, Kazuki Hirata, Antonio Honda & Lady Beard Vs Jaguar Yokota, Keisuke Ishii, Masahiro Takanashi & Yuni
4. Shungo Oyama Pro Wrestling Challenge Match: Yoshihiro Takayama & Dick Togo Vs KUDO & Shungo Oyama
5. Shigehiro Irie Triennial Special Single Match: Shigehiro Irie Vs Mike Bailey
6. PRO WRESTLING TEES Presents “DDT Is DDT” 20 Years Entertainment Culmination! The Best In The World Bad Guy Decisive Battle: Danshoku Dino Vs Joey Ryan
7. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles – 3 Way Match: Kazusada Higuchi, Kouki Iwasaki & Mizuki Watase (c) Vs Soma Takao, Akito & Yasu Urano Vs Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & MAO
8. DDT Extreme Title – Sekichu Presents Hardcore Match: Jun Kasai (c) Vs Daisuke Sasaki
9. KO-D Tag Team Titles: Masakatsu Funaki & Yukio Sakaguchi (c) Vs Shuji Ishikawa & Tetsuya Endo
10. KO-D Openweight Title – Good Com Asset Presents: HARASHIMA (c) Vs Konosuke Takeshita

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
so if i'll sign up now it'd only be free for 13 days?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

so if i'll sign up now it'd only be free for 13 days?

yeah the billing works just like njpw world. billing is on the first of each month regardless of when you sign up

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Man, I like DDT as an idea and sometimes I'd watch like one or two matches, but I really don't have interest in yet another wrestling VOD subscription.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is there a dedicated DDT thread? I saw this and wasn't sure where to post it:

http://www.avclub.com/article/japanese-wrestling-has-its-own-donald-trump-storyl-252414

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
This is basically the DDT/AJPW thread, with the odd bit of joshi.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
This thread is my legacy to the world :angel:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

mariooncrack posted:

Is there a dedicated DDT thread? I saw this and wasn't sure where to post it:

http://www.avclub.com/article/japanese-wrestling-has-its-own-donald-trump-storyl-252414

This actually feels like light fare for DDT compared to the weird poo poo they usually do.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sorry wrong thread.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 26, 2017

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Just watched Io Shirai vs Kairi Hojo, holy poo poo. Should I be watching more Stardom?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

triplexpac posted:

Just watched Io Shirai vs Kairi Hojo, holy poo poo. Should I be watching more Stardom?

YES. They've got a good spread of talent and the gaijin imports are a who's who of NXT-to-bes.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Breaking my lurking mode so that I can say that I'm curious when the final show for Hojo and possibly Shirai would be so that I can actually go to it.

My wife hates puroresu and thinks I'm weird for enjoying joshipuro but darn it I've been watching it since the late 90s and it would be nice to actually go to a show now that I actually live here.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Auritech posted:

Breaking my lurking mode so that I can say that I'm curious when the final show for Hojo and possibly Shirai would be so that I can actually go to it.

My wife hates puroresu and thinks I'm weird for enjoying joshipuro but darn it I've been watching it since the late 90s and it would be nice to actually go to a show now that I actually live here.
Io officially hasn't announced her departure, and could be just coming in for the Women's tournament that's coming up soon, although if the WWE really wanted Io Shirai, one of the best 2 female wrestlers in the last decade and possibly one of the top 10 in the world today of any gender, then STARDOM won't have the money to compete.

Ibushi and Zack Sabre Jr were in similar situations during the CW Open but neither signed contracts

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So a friend of mine is going to Tokyo on Monday. They're not really into wrestling, but I figure they might appreciate DDT for the comedy aspects and for being lighthearted and very Japanese, and also because NJPW's shows are expensive as heck. I know they're doing a show in Tokyo on 4/14, but they only have two matches listed. I'm not too familiar with DDT, so I have two questions:

1. Do DDT's shows generally have an undercard, and if so do they just announce it closer to the night or something?
2. How much do DDT's live shows generally cost? Can't find any info on their website. nm, I'm blind. The upper tier seats are mainly sold out, and it's 4000 yen for specified seats. That's still awfy expensive. Bugger.

Many thanks!

Venomous fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Apr 7, 2017

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
-They do typically have undercards. Not sure why it hasn't been announced yet.

-4000 yen isn't that expensive for a wrestling show in Tokyo, IMO. Plus the main event is a Dick MF Togo singles match.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I think I've paid 3500 and 5500 for NOAH tickets, and about 5000 for NJPW in the nosebleeds. NJPW at Korakuen/Sumo Hall is a bigger deal and harder to get, and a bit more expensive, but it's also the highest-profile group in the Japan.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Latest STARDOM stuff, for those wondering where Io Shirai's contract status may stand.

Queens Quest (Io Shirai, Momo Watanabe, and HZK were stripped of the trio title due to Momo Watanabe being injured. (Before wrestlemania)

Of course, that was all moot as Queens Quest won the trios title back a few weeks later in a tournament (Shirai, HZK, and AZM). So what I can take from that is, Shirai may be staying in STARDOM for awhile still.

Kairi Hojo may be wrapping up soon though, as she has been putting over younger talent as of late, and ate the pin in last night's match.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Akebono was rushed to the hospital and is unconscious (comatose?)

http://news4wide.livedoor.biz/archives/2131144.html

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this ddt train match is beautiful

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LvK posted:

Akebono was rushed to the hospital and is unconscious (comatose?)

http://news4wide.livedoor.biz/archives/2131144.html

What has Okada done????

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Apparently AJPW legitimately sold out the Korakuen for the first time since the early 2000's v:v:v

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

RealFoxy posted:

Apparently AJPW legitimately sold out the Korakuen for the first time since the early 2000's v:v:v

I still can't get over my sensation when attending a show at Korakuen of how much of a let down this legendary arena was. On the 10th (?) floor of some tower, just the most boring looking place, and most of its just seats facing the stage.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

RealFoxy posted:

its the first time since 2013 and the first under Akiyama

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Who was the draw?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

abraham linksys posted:

this ddt train match is beautiful

Is it already up on the DDT Universe site? I can't find anything but the 4/14 show and a press release pertaining to the match from February. I want my train wrestling and I want it now :argh:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Bigass Moth posted:

Who was the draw?

they pretty much had a triple main event with Zeus vs. KAI, Joe Doering vs. Daisuke Sekimoto and Suwama vs. Shuji Ishikawa

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

I love Korakuen so much and I'd get married there if I could. But not in the ring. It would be in the smoking booth, surrounded by all the sleazy looking dudes who rush in there at every intermission. My bride and I might not make it out of the ceremony alive but who cares. We'd die happy.

Is the AJPW show up anywhere yet cuz I gotta see Seikimoto vs Doering. Doering's gotta have a foot on Sekimoto.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Wazzu posted:

I still can't get over my sensation when attending a show at Korakuen of how much of a let down this legendary arena was. On the 10th (?) floor of some tower, just the most boring looking place, and most of its just seats facing the stage.

Have other arenas you've visited had seats facing away from the stage?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Wazzu posted:

Like the ECW Arena, it's 99.99% fans, 0.01% venue. And at least the area around Korakuen doesn't lend itself to muggers.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

SLUM KING posted:

I love Korakuen so much and I'd get married there if I could. But not in the ring. It would be in the smoking booth, surrounded by all the sleazy looking dudes who rush in there at every intermission. My bride and I might not make it out of the ceremony alive but who cares. We'd die happy.

Is the AJPW show up anywhere yet cuz I gotta see Seikimoto vs Doering. Doering's gotta have a foot on Sekimoto.

I think it airs on the 24th or around then.

I feel like we're starting to see NJPW's sustained success lift up some of the other groups (specifically AJPW, BJW, DDT) which is really cool to see.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 17, 2017

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Thrifting Day! posted:

Have other arenas you've visited had seats facing away from the stage?

I spoke poorly. I meant how it's not equally surrounding, and instead feels like a theatre, with the vast majority all facing the ring from the same angle. Arguably it's a good thing, just different- and feels boring by comparison.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
STARDOM held its Cinderella Tournament. Two real good matches will be coming out of that (probably sometime in May).

Mayu Iwatani vs Kairi Hojo (for the white belt)

Toni Storm (she also won the Cinderella Tournament) vs Io Shirai (for the red belt)

Storm vs Shirai has the potential to be an absolutely incredible match, so I would suggest people watch the match when it airs/happens.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 30, 2017

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Shuji Ishikawa won the Champion Carnival.

This year's tour drew 7779 fans total with an average of 707 fans per show compared to last year's 4171 total and 521 average.

It's still relatively small potatoes, but the rate of growth is quite remarkable. It's a testament to the strength of Akiyama as booker and Kento as ace (plus the significantly greater level of star power in this year's tournament with Suwama, Joe Doering, Ishikawa and KAI there).

Shuji vs. Kento in Korakuen could easily be a second straight sellout of that building too.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

A while back, I found a match that I *think* was from 666. There was a tag or 6 man where one dude pushed a giant scaffold to the ring that (I think) had the ring announcers sitting in it. This may or may not have had Onryu in it. Anyone remember this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Jake Lee feels like a video game career mode character with Akiyama holding the ps4 controller. I find myself very invested in his career. He feels built to have an epic story arc.

Modern AJPW is dank. Some of the most consistently watchable wrestling I've seen in a long, long time. I've always appreciated their serious stripped down style and sports-like approach to everything, but can see why they've never been a mainstream operation even at their peak. I'm glad they are getting it back together because I've always preferred their flavor of pro wrestling. The Triple Crown title always felt like the most important title in the game and still feels that way to me.

Dishwasher fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 2, 2017