Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

EdsTeioh posted:

A while back, I found a match that I *think* was from 666. There was a tag or 6 man where one dude pushed a giant scaffold to the ring that (I think) had the ring announcers sitting in it. This may or may not have had Onryu in it. Anyone remember this?
Sounds like 666. But the answer would require that people have watched AND remembered something from 666 besides Undertaker Girl, and... good luck with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Ditch posted:

Sounds like 666. But the answer would require that people have watched AND remembered something from 666 besides Undertaker Girl, and... good luck with that.

Undertaker...Girl...?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

EdsTeioh posted:

Undertaker...Girl...?
Ramu (IIRC Onryo's daughter)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agXAh83NbmM

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Well, that's something. I actually have zero problem with this stuff since it's usually in these little gonzo leagues. Doesn't look like she's taking bumps either, so that's good.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

EdsTeioh posted:

A while back, I found a match that I *think* was from 666. There was a tag or 6 man where one dude pushed a giant scaffold to the ring that (I think) had the ring announcers sitting in it. This may or may not have had Onryu in it. Anyone remember this?

This sounds like the 6-man where one team is George Bush, Osama Bin Laden, and Saddam Hussein? I think the scaffold is also covered in fireworks

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

a found a gif of the finish to that match i made years ago

Crazy SKB, Jun Kasai, and HARASHIMA vs Zombie George Bush, Zombie Bin Laden, and Zombie Hussein

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 3, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
....do I need to watch more 666? I remember somebody showed some in PSP once and it was fun.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i like onryo, he has the gimmick where hes coated in ash/dust the whole time right

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

....do I need to watch more 666? I remember somebody showed some in PSP once and it was fun.

if you can find it

Super No Vacancy posted:

i like onryo, he has the gimmick where hes coated in ash/dust the whole time right

yeah he's a spooky ghost man

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The video was taken off YT but you can buy it from IVP here

It's probably floating around on the deep web somewhere though, I have the DVD too

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Oh bloody hell, yes that's the one! Thanks guys!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Takayama landed on his head trying to do a sunset flip at a DDT show:

quote:

DDT has provided an update on Yoshihiro Takayama after his injury during yesterday’s show. Takayama suffered a cervical spinal cord injury and was diagnosed with degenerative cervical spondylosis. However he is still going under examinations so the diagnosis could change. With that said, Takayama will be out of action for a while and there is no date yet for his return.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
dude needs to hang it up, its hard to believe he's even still functioning after the punishment he's taken.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Posted this in the NXT thread, but since its puroseru related, may as well post it here as well.

Kairi Hojo, Konami, and Hiromi won the trios titles tonight.

However, Kairi Hojo announced that she is leaving STARDOM, and tomorrow will tag one last time with Mayu Iwatani and Io Shirai as part of Threedom.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/860811241312231425

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/860811471990562816

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

EdsTeioh posted:

yeah! I have the IVP video rip. its from 666 3/7/10. There were fireworks involved.

e: looks like there were multiples of 666 and fireworks

coconono fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 6, 2017

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I just got Stardom World. I did not know Ruaka was 12 and Azumi/AZM was 14. I mean, I think I remember watching one of AZM's earliest matches but I didn't think they pushed teenagers/pre-teens as a regular thing in matches with much older women. I feel weird about that, but I guess that's just Japan. I knew people started young (and retired young, unless you're Aja Kong or Mayumi Ozaki or someone like that) in joshipuro but I didn't think that young. That said I still want to go to a Stardom card. It's extra funny since I found out their head office is less than two miles away from where I live.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
So um... this empty arena match at the Tokyo Dome might be the best thing ever based solely on gifs.....

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/870174583613161472
https://twitter.com/jmaynard8888/status/870184107564716034

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Ishin posted:

So um... this empty arena match at the Tokyo Dome might be the best thing ever based solely on gifs.....

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/870174583613161472
https://twitter.com/jmaynard8888/status/870184107564716034

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGPp94whB3k

Apparently there's more on DDT Universe which i don't have :cry:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Suzuki still coming through the ropes *and kicking a young boy* :allears: :swoon:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

harperdc posted:

Suzuki still coming through the ropes *and kicking a young boy* :allears: :swoon:

Do they sing the national anthem before NPB games like they do for US sporting events? Europeans always comment how weird that is but I'm guessing Japan does it with baseball given obv American influences there and the Aja Kong spot?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
DDT is the best promotion in the world and nothing will ever top this promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDdqnqDKp0U

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

dsriggs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGPp94whB3k

Apparently there's more on DDT Universe which i don't have :cry:

Oh my god Suzuki actually smiled at the base being used as a "safe" rope break.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Are people here aware of The Real Hero's Archives?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Thrifting Day! posted:

Are people here aware of The Real Hero's Archives?
Paying like $20 for NJPW, DDT, and Stardom is worth it though

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

puro archive doesn't host anything with a streaming service

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

oatgan posted:

puro archive doesn't host anything with a streaming service

That's why I love it. No guilt !

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
It wasn't a good match or anything but yall need to watch the main event of the latest NEW show for a great angle and the return of the most charismatic man in Japanes wrestling, Kazunari Murakami.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Spermgod posted:

It wasn't a good match or anything but yall need to watch the main event of the latest NEW show for a great angle and the return of the most charismatic man in Japanes wrestling, Kazunari Murakami.

Like, the new england indy? Or is it some small Japanese indy?

I remember Murakami having a few stiff-fests that DVDVR crapped their pants about in the early 2000's. With Ikeda and Ishikawa I wanna say?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Like, the new england indy? Or is it some small Japanese indy?

I remember Murakami having a few stiff-fests that DVDVR crapped their pants about in the early 2000's. With Ikeda and Ishikawa I wanna say?

NEW is a brand new japanese work shoot promotion that just started up

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
For those of you who don't follow the PSP-TV thread:

Tonight I'm going to be doing ONITA NIGHT. If you were an ECW fan in the 90s you were probably curious about FMW. If you went to an ECW show in the 90s you probably saw the RF video table and bought a death match tape. I fell in love with Atsushi Onita. The wild thing theme, the insane amount of blood, coming into matches bandaged up, and obviously the crazy gimmicks.

So tonight tune into http://www.psp-tv.com/r/badmoviesworsewrestling for ONITA NIGHT! Explosions! Pools! Rainforests! Communist weapons! Fire! Cages! Bombs! Most of these mixed together!

It all starts at 7 PM.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
God damnit, I knew there was something I was wanting to do last night.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

LvK posted:

Oh my god your av. Wow.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LvK posted:

I spaced it too :(

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Ditch posted:

Oh my god your av. Wow.

Thank you!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
There's a feud going on between Simon Inoki's NEW and Antonio Inoki's ISM right now with Simon apparently forcing Antonio out of IGF and nobody knows if it's real or not. Also stoked for this:

https://twitter.com/strigga/status/877535907015995393

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Spermgod posted:

There's a feud going on between Simon Inoki's NEW and Antonio Inoki's ISM right now with Simon apparently forcing Antonio out of IGF and nobody knows if it's real or not. Also stoked for this:
Pretty sure this happened 11-12 years ago in NJ so I'll go with "work".

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
according to Atushi Onita's Twitter, Mr. Pogo has passed away.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I was about to post that too. I guess he'll be cutting people up with sickles in heaven now.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Jumbo was waiting at those pearly gates; he's gonna be the one doing the hazing now.

Does this mean PSP is gonna have a Mr Pogo night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I don't know if Mr Pogo was an effective heel or just a lazy piece of poo poo because he rarely took bumps and usually had the grossest spots on everyone else