Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I just bought a house last week so I gotta buy like 40 led bulbs today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

lol if u dont have your Costco card on you at all times.

:agreed:

My Costco card trades places with my Subway points card on the regular. The two just keep flipping back and forth in the left front pocket of my wallet.

I mean, what if you need gas or a dog or something ASAP?

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
WHAT AND RISK LOSING IT AT WORK??

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fasdar posted:

GOT HOME AND SLAMMED MY COSTCO MEMBERSHIP CARD INTO MY WALLET AND DROVE - CAREFULLY AND RESPONSIBLY - TO MY LOCAL COSTCO. GOT SOME FRESH TOWELS FOR THE INLAWS AND SOME PRIME TILAPIA FILLETS. POUNDED SOME GRANOLA SAMPLES AND WAS BACK AT IT, PICKING UP A JUMBO PACK OF LED BULBS AND A SLAB OF SMOKED SALMON. ALL OF IT: A STEAL.

TWO DOGS AND A PEPSI INCLUDING WIND-DOWN EVERY MORNing

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Relevant Tangent posted:

Executive memberships are for people who are poo poo at math, sorry friend. Just get the credit card, it's a far superior option.

Hmm:
Business membership - $60 (new price) - No cash back
Executive Membership - $120 (new price) - 2% cash back

Spend $3000 / year at Costco * 2% = $60
$3000 / 52 weeks in a year = $57.70 per week to spend to get to $60 back.

After that, all cash back is profit towards totally free membership. Hit $6000 for the year (Not hard to do if you buy a few major purchases), then free membership. Plus the other perks of Executive.

Of course being a lonely goon that's a lot of Doritos and Coke.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
When I signed up the other week, they told me if the cash back check for my Executive Membership wasn't at least $55, bring it in and they'll make up the difference. Signed up for that and the credit card and making a sweet 4% total cash back on all my Costco purchases.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So I'm disappointed that I'm not getting any feedback on that Kimmel video I posted.

Costco is LITERALLY SAVING KID'S LIVES.

Rejoice fuckers.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I signed up for executive about a year ago, waiting for that cash back. I bought a TV and a laptop this year though, those aren't normal purchases. We will see if it pays off next year.

Costco Cost-Pro Tip: The Costco Credit Card works as your membership card. No need to carry around two cards.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Guys GUYS

I just found out that you can use the Costco Citi Visa card AS YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD

Flash it on the way in. Use it to pay at checkout. No need for a separate card. It has your photo and your membership number on the back, so it is valid Costco ID.

AS IF THIS CARD COULDN'T GET ANY BETTER

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Pennywise the Frown posted:

So I'm disappointed that I'm not getting any feedback on that Kimmel video I posted.

Costco is LITERALLY SAVING KID'S LIVES.

Rejoice fuckers.

I just watched it. It's very :unsmith:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Praise be to Costco in the varied ways it brings light to a dark nation!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Argyle posted:

Guys GUYS

I just found out that you can use the Costco Citi Visa card AS YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD

Flash it on the way in. Use it to pay at checkout. No need for a separate card. It has your photo and your membership number on the back, so it is valid Costco ID.

AS IF THIS CARD COULDN'T GET ANY BETTER

You still need to use your regular card at the pumps though, right? I've get 90% of my gas through Costco so I've been carrying both cards around.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

You still need to use your regular card at the pumps though, right? I've get 90% of my gas through Costco so I've been carrying both cards around.

Nope, the Costco Visa works as a membership card at the pumps too. Just one swipe covers the membership and credit part. Just tap on Use Costco Visa for your purchase.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Meydey posted:

Nope, the Costco Visa works as a membership card at the pumps too. Just one swipe covers the membership and credit part. Just tap on Use Costco Visa for your purchase.

Looks like I get a new card this weekend.

naem
May 29, 2011

**two Costco marketing execs reading through this thread, chuckling, looking at each other, burst out laughing, shaking their heads**

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

A company that offers quality stuff at good prices that pays and treats its employees well is such a rare loving thing that I'm okay with a little corporate worship.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Praise be to Costco

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I just watched it. It's very :unsmith:

Thank you buddy.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Relevant Tangent posted:

Executive memberships are for people who are poo poo at math, sorry friend. Just get the credit card, it's a far superior option.

One time membership fee of $110, if your 2% cash back for the year doesn't cover your renewal fee then Costco bridges the gap at their own expense.

Executive membership is for winners

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I mean you could pay every year to renew your membership but... heh, that's just bad math

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rad-daddio posted:

My boss's nephew is married to the heiress of the Kirkland brand. I met her once, and she's really chill and down to earth. The nephew that she married is a completely useless manchild, though.

I recall a couple of stories where they both went on shopping sprees that totaled an average of 13000 USD. This happened constantly. Apparently, the nephew had a really expensive Lincoln Navigator that was desstroyed during the 9/11 attacks.

Last I heard, she/they were part of Mariah Carey's entourage and they were trying to find Mariah a bottle of painkillers.

All in all, it really gives an odd perspective to being a poor goon and eating greasy pizza by the slice at Costco.

I used to bang the Winco heiress back in college, which was cool for awhile. she used to casually buy me expensive poo poo like laptops and bikes.

but fear not, for now my only true love is a big ol dog and 20oz soda for a buck goddamn fiddy.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Costco.... is good

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Treating your customers and employees with respect creates loyalty

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Actually Costco sucks, jump on my bandwagon instead!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

MODS?!!??!??? Get this troll OUTA HERE!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Treating your customers and employees with respect creates loyalty

Sinegal is loving god and has been keeping the raving rabid shareholders at bay and standing his ground on paying employees well even after they keep pushing to cut employee costs because ???. costco drives your typical shithead mba conservatives absolutely insane because it shows if you pay employees well it actually translates into more sales. who'd have thought??

unfortunately no one else has seemed to catch on besides Trader Joes

gunna suck when he dies

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Costco is the closest we're going to get to ethical capitalism in this shithole

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I think I'll checkout Costco. Is there any way you can get like a month trial membership?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

interwhat posted:

I think I'll checkout Costco. Is there any way you can get like a month trial membership?

I think you can buy a gift card online and then use it in store, no problem.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

interwhat posted:

Have a member buy you a gift card, shop with that, pay the difference with a visa.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I used to bang the Winco heiress back in college, which was cool for awhile. she used to casually buy me expensive poo poo like laptops and bikes.

but fear not, for now my only true love is a big ol dog and 20oz soda for a buck goddamn fiddy.

Nice!

On one of the visits, they bought 30,000 dollars worth of stuff and left it at my boss's house just to show off that they could. My boss came from Argentina with 56 dollars in his pocket and founded a very successful machine shop so he was a totally self-made man.

He hated his nephew with a passion...

The Kirkland chick was my age, and due to the fact that she was on a whole different plane of societal existence, she always seemed down to clown. I oft fantasized of stealing her away from douche-nephew and filling her full of ugly red headed babies. :gizz:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ElGroucho posted:

Costco is the closest we're going to get to ethical capitalism in this shithole

Eat the rich. Burn this poo poo planet to the ground.

edit: get a hot dog first

vvvvv hah, you beat me

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Eat the rich. Burn this poo poo planet to the ground.

But first, a hotdog!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The best part of any day is Costco. Just fact.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Tim Whatley posted:

The best part of any day is Costco. Just fact.

100% agreed.

JasonKiddWithHair
Mar 11, 2006

interwhat posted:

You can wander the store without a membership, you just can't purchase anything (except in the food court, you don't need a membership there).

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

JasonKiddWithHair posted:

You can wander the store without a membership, you just can't purchase anything (except in the food court, you don't need a membership there).

you can also use the pharmacy, get eye exams or prescription glasses and in california at least buy alcohol without a membership

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The whole showing the card at the door thing is pretty genius IMHO.

1. Makes sure that you HAVE your card and don't gently caress yourself at Checkout and prevent people with no membership from buying things.

2. Makes you feel like you're part of an exclusive club. WHICH IT IS. :smug:

Costco is all knowing.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Spoondick posted:

you can also use the pharmacy, get eye exams or prescription glasses and in california at least buy alcohol without a membership

Interesting, never tried that before but it makes sense, hot food, pharmacy, optometry, all of those require separate licenses and so does alcohol in most states. Odds are it's a kind of situation where you can't get the license without being willing to serve any legal customer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
I heard it goes back to some kind of laws about speakeasies and prohibition. Like there can't be any alcohol consumption clubs or some such nonsense.

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 3, 2017