Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

One of the best new features in AC: Rogue is you can just buy goddamn animal pelts. No more hunting for that one last animal skin you need.

I thought you could buy them in Black Flag (not that I ever got around to finishing it) it was just alot cheaper to kill the animal yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

juliuspringle posted:

I thought you could buy them in Black Flag (not that I ever got around to finishing it) it was just alot cheaper to kill the animal yourself.
You could, and it was, except for the time required to get the whaleskins in the usual way.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I feel bad enough about killing whales that I'm considering skipping those upgrade. But my gaming OCD is fighting back, hard.

Wish there was a way to buy construction materials.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Xander77 posted:

I feel bad enough about killing whales that I'm considering skipping those upgrade. But my gaming OCD is fighting back, hard.

Wish there was a way to buy construction materials.

Just trade cannon balls with random ships for materials :black101:

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Xander77 posted:

Can I avoid IRL entirely except for the mandatory sections (and in the game), or are there actual gameplay benefits to going around the Abstergo offices and doing tedious minigames?

As has been mentioned, the modern day segment is more for the five people who still care about the Assassin's Creed lore like me.

That said, there is one pistol set that you can only get by collecting stuff in the modern day, but IIRC, there's better sets.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Minor suggestion for the Assassin's Creed II wiki page: replace the link to the feather guide there with either/both of these: http://maps.achievementhunter.com/guides/overview/assassinscreed2 http://www.thehiddenblade.com/feathers

The one on the page is spread out over a bunch of pages with no good overview and a 'please disable adblock' warning; those two links are both pretty good and have an overview, a map, and pictures/video of the locations.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Anything for Age of Wonders 3 that's not in the wiki, in particular with regards to builds and newbie traps? I've played 2 and Shadow Magic years ago and remember them being pretty overwhelming at start.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

If you've played previous AoW games, the basics should be easy to grasp. The combat AI is a lot smarter than in previous games. So ranged units aren't quite as dominant as they used to be against the computer.

In regards to builds, the SA thread's OP (2nd post) has an amazing series of in-depth guides on races, classes and more: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3532785

There's a ton of information there so probably best to jump in, and look up info as you go. The key mechanic is that your hero's class decides your playstyle, not the race. Each class has totally unique units and research buffs/spells that will completely change how you play the game. The races have different synergies with each class. There aren't really any bad combinations although a lot of the Rogue's mechanics function better in mutiplayer than they do against the computer.

Undead/Necromancer work a little bit differently and it's worthwhile playing a bit of the undead campaign to familiarize yourself.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

flatluigi posted:

Minor suggestion for the Assassin's Creed II wiki page: replace the link to the feather guide there with either/both of these: http://maps.achievementhunter.com/guides/overview/assassinscreed2 http://www.thehiddenblade.com/feathers

The one on the page is spread out over a bunch of pages with no good overview and a 'please disable adblock' warning; those two links are both pretty good and have an overview, a map, and pictures/video of the locations.

Updated with the first link.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Hand of Fate?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

The Iron Rose posted:

Hand of Fate?

The wiki page should cover most of the relevant stuff, unless you're looking for something specific.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

C.M. Kruger posted:

Anybody got tips for Infinite Space for the DS?

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Someone asked about Infinite Space a while back.

• Save often.

• Pay attention to who you've got assigned to what job; each character has at least one special skill/attribute that makes them proficient at something. That said, don't be afraid to pick where they go by looking at their stats rather than their specials. They don't always match.

• Get a goddamn notebook (or, even an Excel file) and write poo poo down. Take notes on where to buy things, names of planets in systems, etc. There's a lot of back-and-forth in this game and even just three hours in, you might forget where [random planet X] is when someone tells you to go there. Also, write down quest information as sometimes the quest-giver won't repeat what he told you and then you get to fly around all of creation looking for [random object x].

• Your crew will always start a fight against multiple ships with any ship targeted but the front one. If you're ever in a situation in which you're always missing, you've forgotten to check your targets.

• You will likely acquire the carrier blueprint before getting the hangar part. Don't build a carrier until you get that hangar! I did this and was pretty pissed off to have a gimped ship lagging me down.

• This game was hyped-up and then promptly forgotten about when its release date kept getting pushed back, so there's not a lot of info to be seen online about it. You can PM me with questions and I'll try to help out.

edit: Jesus Christ, how could I have forgotten to mention weapon ranges? Each weapon you have has a range--this is really, really important. During battle, while you're trying to 'splode the enemies, take a gander at the range indicator for each of your weapons. I ignored these indicators for quite a while and wondered why I couldn't destroy anything :( They'll turn blue if your target is in range. Whichever weapons are in range are the ones that fire, so make sure you're close enough/far enough away for all your guns to work!

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 7, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Anyone got tips for Watch Dogs, the first one? I especially need tips for poker and the multiplayer systems, which I still need for 100% completion.

edit: I'm attempting to 100% my backlog of ubisoft games, which leads to this useful tip: In Assassin's Creed III, get 100% sync on The Giant and the Storm before you upgrade your ship's cannons too much. I'm going to be restarting my file from scratch just to clear that one mission.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 7, 2017

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Oh jeez, I remember having a hell of a time with the poker minigame. And that was with being able to (sometimes) cheat at it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Discendo Vox posted:

edit: I'm attempting to 100% my backlog of ubisoft games, which leads to this useful tip: In Assassin's Creed III, get 100% sync on The Giant and the Storm before you upgrade your ship's cannons too much. I'm going to be restarting my file from scratch just to clear that one mission.

Is that the one where you have to bust a hole in the hull so you can target the cargo? iirc the best way to do those once you've already gotten all the upgrades is to ram them head-on with your bow, which will do enough damage to the hull part to open the cargo target point.

e: i lie, i think i'm thinking of black flag

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 7, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

The White Dragon posted:

Is that the one where you have to bust a hole in the hull so you can target the cargo? iirc the best way to do those once you've already gotten all the upgrades is to ram them head-on with your bow, which will do enough damage to the hull part to open the cargo target point.

e: i lie, i think i'm thinking of black flag

I've had that advice, but in practice it's been inconsistent (dependent on wind direction, I think), and I have to do it to three ships.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 7, 2017

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Anything I should know for Mario & Luigi Dream Team? I haven't played the others so I'm hoping there's no need so that I can understand the plot.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the only plot thing you need to know about mario & luigi is, you jump on things that aren't goombas or koopas, but sometimes you use a hammer, and the villain has some kind of pun name involving food

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Some Ghost Recon: Wildlands tips.

- You cannot manually make the time change between night and day, however time will pass every time you fast travel, so cheese that if you hate fighting at night.

- In addition to safehouses, you can also fast travel to towns and cities--just put the mouse cursor over their names.

- The correct way to fly a helicopter is not obvious! For maximum speed, what you need to do is hold the throttle up button to gain altitude, then pitch forward until the chopper starts moving forward and down. At this point, let go of the pitch button, but continue to hold the throttle--you'll fly forward at a level altitude if you did it right (if you did it wrong, you'll just ascend again; hold the pitch button a little longer next time), and can pitch up down as needed with the pitch keys. You can also move forward and backward using just the pitch keys, and use the throttle buttons to change altitude, but this is slower than the correct method; this is meant to be used for fine-tune movement, use the throttle to traverse large areas. Think of it as a VTOL jet, where the throttle is your speed, and pitching forward switches you from hover to flight mode.

- You'll end up with more skill points than you'll know what to do with, so don't worry too hard about going out of your way to get all the pickups--it's resources that are the bottleneck for leveling up, so don't neglect those supply raids if there's stuff you want to get.

- Every time you take down a buchon, you'll get a video. To watch these videos, go to the cartel overview and click the "view kingslayer files" button over the picture of the division head (cardenal, beauty queen, el muro, el yayo). It took me halfway through the game to figure out where those videos were going. They're short, and they give a little backstory on who the gently caress these people are and what's happening, they're worth watching imo.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Any build tips for Alienati
The Dishonored 2 entry is a bit slight. Should I just put my points into Blink? Are the items that cane with the Limited Edition overpowered?

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Discendo Vox posted:

Anyone got tips for Watch Dogs, the first one? I especially need tips for poker and the multiplayer systems, which I still need for 100% completion.

You should cheat at poker; at least one of the players will have a hand that is partially or fully visible to a camera in the room, and if you profile people you can detect their heart rate, which can tell you whether they're hitting their flops. You still have to play, but it's a lot easier than something like RDR's poker where you have to win it legit.

If you're invading someone, you can do a lot of setup before you actually start hacking them, like getting onto raised platforms or highways they can't reach easily. It's also surprisingly effective to just hide in a car, they need to get pretty close to mark you. If you're getting invaded, most people are terrible at "acting like an NPC" so they're probably staying still and hiding. I haven't figured out if you're more likely to get matched with a PSN friend or not, but if so, I need to grind out some of these as well.

If you've beaten the drinking games, I could use some tips myself!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

You should cheat at poker; at least one of the players will have a hand that is partially or fully visible to a camera in the room, and if you profile people you can detect their heart rate, which can tell you whether they're hitting their flops. You still have to play, but it's a lot easier than something like RDR's poker where you have to win it legit.

If you're invading someone, you can do a lot of setup before you actually start hacking them, like getting onto raised platforms or highways they can't reach easily. It's also surprisingly effective to just hide in a car, they need to get pretty close to mark you. If you're getting invaded, most people are terrible at "acting like an NPC" so they're probably staying still and hiding. I haven't figured out if you're more likely to get matched with a PSN friend or not, but if so, I need to grind out some of these as well.

If you've beaten the drinking games, I could use some tips myself!

I'm on PC, which is a big part of the problem. Invading or tailing friends doesn't count for progression, and 99% of players are either hacking the game or using one of a dozen hilariously simple ingame exploits to make themselves impossible to tail/hack, such as, "the game world doesn't pause if you pause when someone else is setting up a hack or tailing you".
'
Drinking games were simplified in a patch sometime after release- if you haven't opened the game in a long time, they're worth giving another shot.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 8, 2017

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm on PC, which is a big part of the problem. Invading or tailing friends doesn't count for progression, and 99% of players are either hacking the game or using one of a dozen hilariously simple ingame exploits to make themselves impossible to tail/hack, such as, "the game world doesn't pause if you pause when someone else is setting up a hack or tailing you".
'
Drinking games were simplified in a patch sometime after release- if you haven't opened the game in a long time, they're worth giving another shot.

OK yeah then I'm not sure I can help, I'm on PSN.

As far as I know I'm already doing the simplified version of the games, and there's one where you have to track the L/R sticks in opposite-clockwise circles at the same time, it's impossible. The best online tip I've found is to get a second person and take one stick each.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Tips for Assassin's Creed: Rogue

- The Mortar is your biggest source of damage in ship to ship combat. Upgrade it ASAP, particularly if you want to take on forts early.

- The plot missions will take you to like a dozen locations total. And most of them (with the exception of Albany, Anticosti and New York) you won't be entirely free to fully explore during the mission. The game really expects you check off side activities in places you don't have a particular reason to be in as you go. If you don't, you'll end the game with an overwhelming load of collections to go through.

- The game's loading tips really aren't kidding when they suggest that the Atlantic has "more danger, yet more profit". You can loot every supply camp in the River Valley (don't, its a waste of time that the game doesn't really track) and only get as many supplies as one warehouse raid / two proper battles in the Atlantic.

- Trying to replay missions from the main menu wastes a LOT of time, as you're always set right at the start of the memory segement, unable to skip the intro cutscenes. If full sync is important to you (and it's relatively easy to get in this game), die / quit the moment you fail a condition, which should reset you close to the goal.

- Assassins have a secret weakness - bullets. Seriously, don't try to melee the fuckers.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 11, 2017

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Something for Breath of the Wild that may or may not be too specific: if there's a lever you can't seem to be able to move, just give it a good whack with your weapon.

Ask me about making it it halfway to the Northern abandoned mine before figuring out how to turn the cannon.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Anything for Battlefleet: Gothic Armada (or whatever order those words are supposed to be in, I can't remember)?

Between the skills and upgrades it seems potentially fairly overwhelming, so any must-knows or traps I should be aware of would be cool.

I'm basically just playing through the campaign on easy mode, I'm probably not gonna gently caress with multiplayer. So if the advice is "easy mode is easy, just do whatever" then that's cool

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Count Chocula posted:

Any build tips for Alienati
The Dishonored 2 entry is a bit slight. Should I just put my points into Blink? Are the items that cane with the Limited Edition overpowered?
Thing about Dishonored is that no matter what you do you'll still have a fuckton of options and end up overpowered anyway.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Hot Tips for Prey

-Do the main quest line until you get the Psychoscope so you can start researching Typhons, once you get it explore wherever the hell you want. Talos I is fairly open with only a few plot related gates

-Get the "increased recycling yields" and inventory size upgrade neuromods ASAP

-The two most useful Typhon abilities are Mimic Matter 1 and Psychoshock. Mimic Matter is used to get into rooms with the indestructible slats with the small opening at the bottom or stuff where it's too hard to aim with the nerf gun. Psychoshock is useful against the stronger Typhons as it disables their psi-abilities AND makes them susceptible to other damage types

-The GLOO cannon can make stairs to get to hard to reach places

-The nerf gun can be used to interact with computers and override buttons from a distance and through broken windows

-The GLOO cannon and nerf gun can also be used to kill cystoids and their nests

-Upgrade the shotgun first (especially its firepower) to make combat more bearable

-Recycle grenades can be used to bypass objects that have a Leverage requirement

-Yes there is an achievement for doing Human Only and Typhon Only neuromod runs but go ahead and take Typhon stuff on your first playthrough and don't worry about it because there's very little punishment

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 10, 2017

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Ainsley McTree posted:

Anything for Battlefleet: Gothic Armada (or whatever order those words are supposed to be in, I can't remember)?

Between the skills and upgrades it seems potentially fairly overwhelming, so any must-knows or traps I should be aware of would be cool.

I'm basically just playing through the campaign on easy mode, I'm probably not gonna gently caress with multiplayer. So if the advice is "easy mode is easy, just do whatever" then that's cool
The small ships you start with are harassers; don't try to ram things with those HOWEVER take ramming prow and ram ships every day on the medium and large ships. It's the specialty of the fleet. The ability that does better crit(?) on your guns within 3000 works well with the 'ramming speed' tactic.

Get the troop upgrade (terminators deep strikes?) on the small ships you start with. The best abilities are the bomb/mines that do hull damage and the 10 second invincible shield. The shield bombs aren't terrible and shield transfer on larger ships is real good as well. Focus fire is the name of the game so anything that lets your ship stand up to assault will see you through. Extra shield is nice too; on battlecruisers swap the invincible shield for the faster shield recharge as it's mechanically a better deal.

For skills absolutely upgrade your troop strength to make your assaults stronger, it's the primary method of controlling the fight by taking weapons/engines offline and canceling their warp out and snatching data lots of missions focus around , you'll have to keep a ship in range ready. Gunnery is good. Stay grouped and use those double speed engine tactics and fast rotate.

The game isn't particularly difficult on normal, so just sit back and have fun. You don't need to save scum if you lose a battle; it's expected you lose a bunch, often due to bullshit like them snatching data and warping out and not having deep strikes cooled down.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Lakbay posted:

-Recycle grenades can be used to bypass objects that have a Leverage requirement

:stare:

Well, that's 12 neuromods wasted.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bhodi posted:

The game isn't particularly difficult on normal, so just sit back and have fun. You don't need to save scum if you lose a battle; it's expected you lose a bunch, often due to bullshit like them snatching data and warping out and not having deep strikes cooled down.

Is it worth keeping a deep strike in reserve to prevent that kind of thing from happening, or is it a small enough deal that it's just better to spam it when it's available and not worry too much about getting caught with your pants down?

I'm very bad at micromanagement so if there's any way to build a fleet capable of "attack move > win" that's extremely my style, but I knew going in that this would be "fleet micrcomanagement: the game" so I'll just learn to play I suppose

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Gerblyn posted:

:stare:

Well, that's 12 neuromods wasted.

You can kill the stronger typhons in one hit by throwing Leverage 3 items at them though so it's not a waste

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

A thing I found out from the current LP

- You can set abilities on ships to autocast by default, by doing it via the Shipyard interface somewhere. That way you don't have to set that up at the start of every fight.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is it worth keeping a deep strike in reserve to prevent that kind of thing from happening, or is it a small enough deal that it's just better to spam it when it's available and not worry too much about getting caught with your pants down?

I'm very bad at micromanagement so if there's any way to build a fleet capable of "attack move > win" that's extremely my style, but I knew going in that this would be "fleet micrcomanagement: the game" so I'll just learn to play I suppose
if it's a mission where you have to prevent them from warping out with data, yeah you'll need to keep them in reserve or they'll use it on you and warp out and you won't be able to do anything about it. If you fail to do so you'll lose very fast and can just retry (it saves before every combat IIRC) so you'll get the hang of it

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Ainsley McTree posted:

Shield upgrades are great, especially voss pattern shields on ships with lots of shields to begin with. It effectively cuts damage received by a quarter. Crazy good.

Other than that, the admech favour is fantastic, the inquisition favour less so. The imperial navy favour makes your ships look great and prevents them from mutiny in battle, and with a fleet full of IN vessels you can swarm the enemy with summoned frigates. Use the space marine favour for brawlers that are going to be boarding enemy ships a lot.

The widowmaker frigate is great for scouting but has no weapons. It's great if you want to spam Nova cannons though (a generally fantastic strategy).

I found normal too easy for me and you can't change the difficulty midgame and I'm not a particularly deft hand at the game, but lots of people find Normal pretty good for them.

Always Ram everything. It does fantastic damage and the imperial navy is best at it due to the ability to turn on a dime. You can do some crazy things with ramming too - I'm fond of sandwiching an enemy vessel in between two ships at once before making them charge. An easy way to maximize damage output from ramming is to all ahead full into an enemy, immediately use the full stop button to halt your ship, wait a half second,and then all ahead full to essentially double your ramming damage. Seriously, ramming is crazy good.

You really want the armor piercing macro cannon upgrade on your ships with macro cannons that you use at close range.

The Emperor battleship is generally superior to the retribution, which does kinda lovely DPS. However keep in mind that assault fighter craft - the ones that do boarding attacks, cannot permanently disable subsystems.

Usually you want to hit the engines of an enemy ship when boarding it. A ship with halved manoeuvrability is a ship already dead. On the biggest vessels attacking enemy shields is workable as well, but killing engines is still great. It prevents Chaos ships from kiting you from long range and lets you Ram them to your hearts content.

Eldar ships are fragile as hell and take a metric fuckton of damage from being rammed. Always Ram Eldar ships. Always Ram every enemy ship, actually. Just always be ramming.

The ork space hulk boss is a huge pain in the rear end. Kite it from long range, hammer it with torpedoes and fighter craft to disable it's systems.

Prioritize defending portal worlds. The extra deployment is far too valuable to lose. If you have to sacrifice planets, try to sacrifice ones that give lovely benefits - hive and agricultural worlds only hurt your renown gain by 1% each so you can essentially ignore them.

Warp your ships out of combat before they're destroyed if you can. Saves you a turn before they're back in the action.

Be careful about autocasting bombs. The ai is better at aiming them than you, but isn't smart enough to not just dump them all at the first vessel to come into range. This is a problem, because a plasma bomb detonation will destroy any bombs that are in the process of being deployed in its area of effect.

Disruption bombs are useless against eldar because they don't use shields. Don't bother retrofitting your ships before engaging though, the eldar are weak enough that it hardly matters.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 10, 2017

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

My Lovely Horse posted:

Something for Breath of the Wild that may or may not be too specific: if there's a lever you can't seem to be able to move, just give it a good whack with your weapon.

Ask me about making it it halfway to the Northern abandoned mine before figuring out how to turn the cannon.

It took me a while to figure this out and I had been playing for dozens of hours, so I think it is a good tip.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Nothing wrong with just saying "hit the lever with your weapon to move the cannon" either.

I thought I needed stasis, because stasis = move stuff, but the levers didn't highlight when I activated it, so I didn't even try to hit them. Eventually I just thought, you're so obviously meant to use the cannon here there's got to be a way, and about a minute later felt quite stupid.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Nothing wrong with just saying "hit the lever with your weapon to move the cannon" either.

I thought I needed stasis, because stasis = move stuff, but the levers didn't highlight when I activated it, so I didn't even try to hit them. Eventually I just thought, you're so obviously meant to use the cannon here there's got to be a way, and about a minute later felt quite stupid.

I hadn't touched my WiiU for like a year when I started playing BotW, so I kept hitting the wrong button, and accidentally whacked a cannon. I'd have probably been stumped for a bit there, since the dude yells at you if you stand on the cannon to begin with.

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

Nate RFB posted:

Doesn't seem to be any info for Trine 2. Anything to know? Looks like there's some sort of skill progression at least that may/may not require some degree of finesse.

I didn't see any responses to this yet, so here goes.
- First and foremost: there is nothing you must know, the game won't dick you over no matter what you do.
- Play with friends. Yelling at each other is part of the experience.
- You can't really screw yourself out of gameplay content with poor skill choices, but investing in wizard skills will obviously make the puzzles a lot easier. Just pick what seems fun.
- You can unlock every skill if you manage to find enough experience baubles.
- Feel free to skip Zoya's invisibility and its decoy bomb upgrade skills (from the DLC) unless you really like playing with her or until you have nothing else you want to unlock. They're ultimately not all that effective.

That's about it. I can give some more detailed answers if you have any specific questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Lakbay posted:

Hot Tips for Prey

To add to this:

In the early game, don't be afraid to crouch and sneak by enemies that haven't noticed you yet. There is no reason to put yourself at risk if you can just as easily slip past them to reach your objective. Later, when you're more well-equipped, feel free to put the hurt on them, but at the beginning, focus on survival above all else.

Don't be afraid to run. Most enemies aren't omniscient and will lose track of you if you sprint off and turn a few corners and crouch somewhere. Even if they do chase you down eventually, you've bought yourself some time to prepare for a fight, and you know right where they're coming from.

Not really for the wiki: If you're cheevo-farming, drop a live recycler grenade and stand on it at least once :laugh: