Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Nobody's forcing you to eat all that dressing.

And again, the potential drink calories are probably included. That could be a few hundred calories alone.

edit: What he said. I refuse to believe Costco is trying to kill us. Also, not sure if anyone else but those 2 goons watched the Kimmel video but COSTCO SPONSORS AND ENTIRE loving FLOOR OF THE LA CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL. They are trying to save our future. :allears:

Black August posted:

The dressing doesn't come on the side it comes on the burger itself

Plus as someone else said it's probably that much including a drink which I didn't have, and you know what anyways? I'd be happy if they overshot the calorie count. Easier to just stop and go "Yeah one slice on a Friday and that's that"

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bonzo posted:

Visa and MasterCard (called MasterCharge back in the day) used to be individual companies and you applied for the cards directly through them. The cards looked the same but the entire Visa or MC logo was the card, no your bank's graphics.

The charm was that Visa was more accepted overseas and more locations other than you local bank's card, or traveler's cheques.

AmEx is just living off the inertia of Boomers and GenXers who remember the "don't leave home without it" commercials.

My local credit union's debit card is a Visa as well. That poo poo is tacked on to everything. All I have to do is let my bank know I'm traveling and that poo poo works just fine.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I got a shitload to do today so maybe I'll swap my cheat today to now instead of tomorrow and go try the burger again sans dressing after working up a proper appetite, sure as hell beats what any other non-restaurant place can offer

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Ask for a dog as dressing instead of the dumb sauce.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Black August posted:

drat, I was hoping it would come in a container on the side if you asked for it instead of pre-sauced.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

BaconCopter posted:

I'm gonna have to ask you to back down a little on the doggin', it's starting to get weird

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

binge crotching posted:

drat, I was hoping it would come in a container on the side if you asked for it instead of pre-sauced.

I don't see why you couldn't, in fact I'll ask just for that "hey yeah hey hi hello can I am here to get my burg on, SOS please"

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Black August posted:

I would hope we can order those burgers without the dressing at least.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pennywise the Frown posted:

And again, the potential drink calories are probably included. That could be a few hundred calories alone.

edit: What he said. I refuse to believe Costco is trying to kill us. Also, not sure if anyone else but those 2 goons watched the Kimmel video but COSTCO SPONSORS AND ENTIRE loving FLOOR OF THE LA CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL. They are trying to save our future. :allears:

No, drink calories are given as a range since diet has zero calories

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Powershift posted:

The food courts in canada are cash only, so if you buy 2000 dogs there a year, you're losing out on the entire extra cost of your executive membership.

No they're not. Though contactless / chip and pin are a recent addition.

Started last summer and I believe the project is complete now.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

BaconCopter posted:

Please don't back down on the Doggin my good man! We are all in agreement on that!

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Costco's actually really expensive and you'll spend more on goods that aren't 20 bars of soap

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

ArtIsResistance posted:

Costco's actually really expensive and you'll spend more on goods that aren't 20 bars of soap

lol, look at this IGNORANT, JEALOUS, UNINFORMED... DULLARD! Stay outside the hallowed halls, stay STUPID! Stay... a fool.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

ArtIsResistance posted:

*crunches the numbers*

my GOD... this man's an imbecile!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
he's right for some things and wrong for others. I find costco to be generally more expensive than winco for:

fruit
vegetables
poultry
pork
cheaper cuts of beef

costco is better on:

paper products
dairy
expensive beef
seafood
packaged foods/snacks

Since I eat mostly fresh stuff and prefer poultry/pork to beef I find myself only ever using my gf's costco membership for cheese, milk, and paper products.

naem
May 29, 2011

Black August posted:

I'm gonna have to ask you to back down a little on the doggin', it's starting to get weird

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

he's right for some things and wrong for others. I find costco to be generally more expensive than winco for:

fruit
vegetables
poultry
pork
cheaper cuts of beef

costco is better on:

paper products
dairy
expensive beef
seafood
packaged foods/snacks

Since I eat mostly fresh stuff and prefer poultry/pork to beef I find myself only ever using my gf's costco membership for cheese, milk, and paper products.

Not disagreeing but it's a lot easier for me to go to one place and reap some INSANE savings ++++ a big honking dog and then pay regular prices or even slightly over then to worry about sales and random grocery stores.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Not disagreeing but it's a lot easier for me to go to one place and reap some INSANE savings ++++ a big honking dog and then pay regular prices or even slightly over then to worry about sales and random grocery stores.

I really only go to those two stores and winco is off a major street I drive down everyday. I was just stating that i sometimes feel like the prices in general are overhyped at costco, they do got some great deals and even if I don't even need much I tend to go like once a week and just wander around with the gf but they honestly aren't the cheapest place around for buying everyday groceries.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I agree for the most part. If I'm just getting some basic groceries I'll go somewhere else where I can use those tiny carts. :3: I go to Costco for stuff I really need and need a lot of. I'm single and live alone though so Costco isn't always the best place for me. When I do go though, I get my money's worth. Bulk frozen foods, meals, cheese, anything related to hygiene, etc.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArtIsResistance posted:

Hey did you know there's another Doobie thread? Why don't you go spam that one again

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

ArbitraryC posted:

fruit
vegetables
poultry
pork
cheaper cuts of beef

costco is better on:

paper products
dairy
expensive beef
seafood
packaged foods/snacks

Are you factoring in the cash back I get on my loving Costco Visa card in your stupid calculations for idiots?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

*crunches the numbers*

my GOD... this man's an imbecile!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Grem posted:

Are you factoring in the cash back I get on my loving Costco Visa card in your stupid calculations for idiots?

yeah I would say stuff even not on sale in those categories is 10-20% cheaper by pound. Tho costco tends to vary less by season.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Costco essentially provides consistent pricing on bulk sized quantities of product. Some are higher than a general grocery store, and some come in lower. Where Costco shines is the fact that 99% of the items are a known quality, with less mystery brands (store/cheap). Kirkland Signature is considered one of the highest quality store brands, and multiple products have been verified to have been produced by known brand names. Add in the unconditional 100% return policy (minus electronics, but at at 90 days is still better than most retail) and the value is there. Yes you drop $200-400 each trip easily, but at least the stuff you get is quality.

Plus a dog on the way out.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Meydey posted:

Costco essentially provides consistent pricing on bulk sized quantities of product. Some are higher than a general grocery store, and some come in lower. Where Costco shines is the fact that 99% of the items are a known quality, with less mystery brands (store/cheap). Kirkland Signature is considered one of the highest quality store brands, and multiple products have been verified to have been produced by known brand names. Add in the unconditional 100% return policy (minus electronics, but at at 90 days is still better than most retail) and the value is there. Yes you drop $200-400 each trip easily, but at least the stuff you get is quality.

Also it might not always be the best deal, but it's never a bad deal.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I need Costco to have a good deal on a chest freezer so I can buy more stuff from Costco.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Got this in the mail

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

It's tough, you want just one reef but they come in a three-pack and the rest just get bleached in the cabinet.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Meydey posted:

Please come back every 50 pages to shoo away haters with this recap.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Look, here, calm the hell down, here it is. This is it. It's a pretty sizeable burger. Got the sauce on the side. It was some kind of darker and more granular thousand island. As far as a burger goes it gets a solid A-. Basically a Costco Big Mac. Linked for UNFILTERED SHEER BURG SIZE.

http://i.imgur.com/avSBhSH.jpg

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Hey did you know there's another Doobie thread? Why don't you go spam that one again

dogs are so cute

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Meydey posted:

Also I feel like costco expiration dates are always p far out on their packaged stuff which is nice when it comes to dairy in particular.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Black August posted:

Look, here, calm the hell down, here it is. This is it. It's a pretty sizeable burger. Got the sauce on the side. It was some kind of darker and more granular thousand island. As far as a burger goes it gets a solid A-. Basically a Costco Big Mac. Linked for UNFILTERED SHEER BURG SIZE.

The problem with that burg is that it isn't 1.50 for a 100% all beef dog with a 20 oz soda

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Black August posted:

Looks amazing! Another easy home run by the babe Ruth of life! Costco!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Gorman Thomas posted:

The problem with that burg is that it isn't 1.50 for a 100% all beef dog with a 20 oz soda

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Looks amazing! Another easy home run by the babe Ruth of life! Costco!

DID I NOT JUST ASK YOU TO CALM THE HELL DOWN

I bring you the burger and this is the attitude I get :mad:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Black August posted:

Goddamn I'm hungry now

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Gotta say, that doesn't look very good. It's a terrible pic though. Looks plain and dry. Ugh..... I just might have to find out for myself sometime.

edit: nm, I don't have them by me :(

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Gotta say, that doesn't look very good. It's a terrible pic though. Looks plain and dry. Ugh..... I just might have to find out for myself sometime.

edit: nm, I don't have them by me :(

Yes it was a little dry. It also had sauce on side. Yes it's a terrible pic. Try one anyways sometimes it's just a drat ol' burger

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

A great burger! a great place, Costco!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My location (Montreal) only takes Mastercard. (and whatever card they try and sign you up for).

How's your store in Montreal? I might be going there for a few days vacation and hearing about a sweet foreign (to me) Costco might just be the deciding factor.