Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Seshoho Cian posted:

this is a good poster that inspired a good album art

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw that post.

Goddamn't, when is Act 3 coming out already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

MacheteZombie posted:

What'd he do to earn that rep?
He directed 3 Arthur movies.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

MacheteZombie posted:

What'd he do to earn that rep?

The early drafts of Leon: The Professional had a 'love-making' scene between Leon and his child protege. He started dating Maiwenn de Besco when she was 15, which was legal but still pre' gross.

He's no Tom Salva or Roman Polanski or even Bertolucci, but he's a low-key confirmed pedo.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

From everything I've heard professionally he's horrible to work with. Bullies his crew something shocking. He apparently left a focus puller in the middle of nowhere after he messed up a shot Luc liked and made him find his own way back to the crew hotel a hundred or so miles away.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

PriorMarcus posted:

From everything I've heard professionally he's horrible to work with. Bullies his crew something shocking. He apparently left a focus puller in the middle of nowhere after he messed up a shot Luc liked and made him find his own way back to the crew hotel a hundred or so miles away.

As someone who works in editorial, I'm ok with this. But not so much the statutory rape thing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's a cool story unless, you know, he dies of exposure.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hahahahaha

quote:

In an interview given to Chilean newspaper The Clinic, Jodorowsky claimed that neither he nor Moebius actually sued Besson, but that the editor of the comic book was the one who did so. He further claimed that he lost the case because Moebius "betrayed them" by working directly with Besson on the production of the film.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Seshoho Cian posted:

this is a good poster that inspired a good album art

So very Steinman, in a good way.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Newspaper ads count as posters yes?

E: imgur somehow manages to get worse on mobile every time I use it.

Eat, pray, facehug

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

K. Waste posted:

The early drafts of Leon: The Professional had a 'love-making' scene between Leon and his child protege. He started dating Maiwenn de Besco when she was 15, which was legal but still pre' gross.
I didn't know about Maïwenn, what does ye olde Wiki say:

quote:

In 1991, Maïwenn met director and producer Luc Besson. In January 1993, at age 16, Maïwenn gave birth to daughter Shanna with husband Luc Besson. She was 20 at the beginning of filming (early 1996) for The Fifth Element, during which Besson left her for the film's star, Milla Jovovich.
classy

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

GrandpaPants posted:

I wish Besson makes a sequel to Adele Blanc Sec. That movie was really charming and underappreciated, despite some pretty iffy cgi.

I'd take a remake in English as it's a great movie

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

edit: Magazine cover is technically like a poster.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 4, 2017

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

kiimo posted:

It's a cool story unless, you know, he dies of exposure.

I shutter to think...

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The MSJ posted:

Ugh, I believe the correct term is Chinamans Choo-Choo these days.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Ugh, I believe the correct term is Chinamans Choo-Choo these days.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like Murder on the Orient Express, and I'd be more excited about this movie if it did not feature recently uncovered shitbag Johnny Depp.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Are you telling me that Agatha Christie, author of Ten Little Niggers, was racist?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

recently uncovered shitbag Johnny Depp.

Wino Forever? Naw.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

K. Waste posted:

I only vaguely know about this from seeing it listed on a webpage of Togo-distributed genre films, and now my life depends on seeing it. The title is already aces, but that's an apartment-art worthy poster.

It's soooo great, in an exploitation film sort of way. It's absolutely bizarre and super Japanese, worth the watch. It actually happens to be on YouTube, with subs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7KGlz2ZJ50

Anyone reading who has also seen this movie, please tell me, because I don't want to be alone in this

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 4, 2017

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Low Desert Punk posted:

It's soooo great, in an exploitation film sort of way. It's absolutely bizarre and super Japanese, worth the watch. It actually happens to be on YouTube, with subs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7KGlz2ZJ50

Thank you, you saint.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I never would've guessed that Lord Cholmondeley's valet was the killer in Chinamen Sure Smoke a lot of Dope it's a shame that Christie basically recycled that plot in The Irish are Basically Animals and they Worship the Moon .

But I guess you cant write over 70 novels without repeating yourself every now and then.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

K. Waste posted:

Thank you, you saint.

Give us a report after you watch it, I've never actually talked with anyone else about it.

Edit for more content. I've been working my way through Matthew Lillard's filmography because I hate myself, and there are a few gems in there.

For what it's worth, Dish Dogs might legitimately be the worst movie I've ever seen.

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 4, 2017

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Low Desert Punk posted:

Anyone reading who has also seen this movie, please tell me, because I don't want to be alone in this

Whoa, this Hunter S Thompson biopic looks off the hook.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Low Desert Punk posted:

I have and the final assault is so loving weird.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Low Desert Punk posted:

Holy poo poo, where can I see this ASAP? This looks fuckin' wild

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Low Desert Punk posted:

I haven't...yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaTXEtyuZxQ Seems like a smaller-budget First Blood

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

got any sevens posted:

I haven't...yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaTXEtyuZxQ Seems like a smaller-budget First Blood

That's pretty on the nose. I remember it being pretty funny and Tommy Lee Jones yells a whole bunch in it, which is always nice.

If you guys are into weird TV movies, A Cold Night's Death is pretty good. There are no real good posters for it, but all you need to know is that it's The Thing if it was shot by the Columbo crew. It's also on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYFWAZ6QiUI

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

FreudianSlippers posted:

I never would've guessed that Lord Cholmondeley's valet was the killer in Chinamen Sure Smoke a lot of Dope it's a shame that Christie basically recycled that plot in The Irish are Basically Animals and they Worship the Moon .

But I guess you cant write over 70 novels without repeating yourself every now and then.

I'm sure Agatha Christie was perfectly racist, but Murder on the Orient Express prominently features Hercule Poirot mocking his friend when the guy tries to solve the murder using ethnic stereotypes as evidence.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

got any sevens posted:

I haven't...yet
I'm like half an hour into this and that's basically what it is. It's First Blood with less character development and Tommy Lee Jones wasting New York City cops to a Tangerine Dream soundtrack. It's pretty hilarious and kind of owns, but not at all for the reasons First Blood does.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Robert Rusler? Of all the people from Babylon 5 who I never expected to see with first billing on a movie, even a small one, he's at the top. I didn't even know he was still working.

Then again, Bryan Cranston used to be at the top of that list.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The MSJ posted:

I can understand not wanted to draw comparisons to David Suchet's Poirot, but seriously, Brannagh? That's the look for Poirot you're going for?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Who was the better Poirot? David Suchet or Peter Ustinov?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Davros1 posted:

I can understand not wanted to draw comparisons to David Suchet's Poirot, but seriously, Brannagh? That's the look for Poirot you're going for?

I guess he decided...to go in the opposite direction? It's weird.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just don't get why they're remaking MotOE. Half of the appeal of the original is the whodunit, and everyone knows that by now. I'm sure they'll probably change the ending for this one, but the ending in the story is so surprising and perfect that I can't see how a new ending will be anything but underwhelming in comparison.

The other half of the appeal was the cast... and they're offering up Josh Gad, Johnny Depp, and the worst fake mustache I've ever seen on film. Given that said mustache appears on the film's director/lead, he obviously thinks the soup strainer is a good idea. I have absolutely no hope that the film will be any good at all.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 4, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Who was the better Poirot? David Suchet or Peter Ustinov?
I refuse to believe David Suchet isn't Poirot irl.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

lelandjs posted:

Josh Gad, Johnny Depp, and the worst fake mustache I've ever seen

If Johnny Depp is ever 100 yards from a bad fake mustache, he starts exhibiting flu-like symptoms

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

lelandjs posted:

I just don't get why they're remaking MotOE. Half of the appeal of the original is the whodunit, and everyone knows that by now. I'm sure they'll probably change the ending for this one, but the ending in the story is so surprising and perfect that I can't see how a new ending will be anything but underwhelming in comparison.

The other half of the appeal was the cast... and they're offering up Josh Gad, Johnny Depp, and the worst fake mustache I've ever seen on film. Given that said mustache appears on the film's director/lead, he obviously thinks the soup strainer is a good idea. I have absolutely no hope that the film will be any good at all.

I'm not sure everyone does know the ending. Like if you went and asked people on the street, I'd be surprised if 1 in 5 people would admit to having heard of it at all. And it's not like the first film was an original screenplay or the Christie novel was obscure. Anyway, it's good to see Depp revisiting his much loved Mortdecai character.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pastry of the Year posted:

If Johnny Depp is ever 100 yards from a bad fake mustache, he starts exhibiting flu-like symptoms

I don't think that's Johnny Depp, I don't see a monitor in his ear.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

lelandjs posted:

Everyone knows the ending if this was like, fuckin, 1935. It's 2017, people don't about that stuff. You think the kids watching Pewdiepie and dubstep know about Agatha Christie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Park Is Mine owns.