Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

peter gabriel posted:

It does yeah but when I joined I just told them my nephew bought me the game for my birthday and I just told them to change my name to something else and they did :v:

Oh cool, I'll have to try that. My name's a little too googleable for me to want to share it with random strangers online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

Is that CIG art? Looks suspiciously like Warframe stuff.

Yeah, they got inspired by warframe and WH40K's Tau for the armor of the honorable japanese bird people.

But the game is never coming out so who cares about archer stuff

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

trucutru posted:

Yeah, they got inspired by warframe and WH40K's Tau for the armor of the honorable japanese bird people.

But the game is never coming out so who cares about archer stuff

That's Volt Prime melted into Garrus.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

FMguru posted:

That stripper was really into me. Also, that bartender was very sympathetic. And the car salesman worked very hard to make sure I got the best possible deal. He even threw in the undercoating for free! What a guy.

:wink:

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

TrustmeImLegit posted:

**As far as the SQ42 side of things, that whole side of the website is the epitome of visual flash over usefulness. I click "SQ42" (because I am prescient and already knew it was the single payer campaign).... and the first "information" I see is a bio of a fictional character that Gary Oldman is portraying? Seriously?! Its nice that you got real tallent, but it is literally the LAST thing I need to know after I click SQ42. The whole thing plays out like a slide show with useless information, but fancy visuals. When you have more information included as the bio of ONE character, then you have as the DESCRIPTION of the game itself! You have you realize you are doing something wrong. The description is also terrible. You don't even mention how many missions there will be, and barely give any context to the game at all.... and this tiny nectar of information is only obtained after scrolling through FIVE pages. Then you are rewarded by trying to click on "Answer the call 2017"... when nothing happens you finally look down and see a button that is the same highlight color AS THE BACKGROUND AROUND IT. I wish I was making this up. Nothing about that button reads as a button. Then I am brought to the store, and for some absurd reason there is a $275 ship that I CANT EVEN USE IN THE SINGLE PLAYER GAME for sale as a "related product". Why on earth are you confusing people with this. I clicked to "buy SQ42" but now you are trying to sell me a ship that you don't even tell me I can't use in the game I would be buying. Just remove the "related" prodcuts or only include those that are actually.... related. The best part of this, is that is says "game packages".... a new person is going to all of a sudden start being confused and worried when they see these "game packages" for the SAME price but include a ship... now the confused new person is hoping around, and getting lost in the depths of the terribly organized MASSIVE store.... then they come to reddit and make a post. Where we explain that no you should not buy SQ42 like that, you will not get access to the currently available game despite there being very confusing wording included on the SQ42 package (the bit about the game being in Alpha... well maybe SQ42 is in Alpha for CIG, but its certainly not playable by anyone else). Also the biggest images are of "a guy making an important speech" and some sort of broken rubble. I have zero context to understand why this matters, and little way to figure it out! ...wasn't this game about flying space ships?

Star Citizen: Plays out like a slide show

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
I always wondered what a DeviantArt OC would look like with a higher budget

everything in this thing comes off like a fanfic of something else and I don't know why. you'd think an original idea would enter somewhere by pure chance at least

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dooguk posted:

OK guys, self own, sorry if I upset anybody. Bad timing. Move on.

It's ok friend, you didn't go nuclear so I think you'll recover ok. :glomp:

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Does it hurt your feelings when I throw my wallet down this storm drain? Lol take that, goonie!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Holy poo poo.

I just had a great idea for a new Kickstarter.

"Derek will write bad things about your project." Kickstarter. If we get enough money, we can pay Derek to write about YOUR project and how it's going to fail. Be sure that you have a "Donate Button!" On your page to capitalize on this investment.

Imagine all the money we're sitting on here guys. Forget Scam Citizen, we literally have our very own in house funding system.

Anything Derek hates will get $$$ from people who hate Derek for being Derek. It's time to print money, guys! See you off the coast of Italy! Gonna crash my yacht into Chris Roberts yacht and we'll have a good laugh over drinks as we slowly sink to the bottom of the ocean. :cheers:

Again. :sureboat:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

The new title is incomprehensible and has nothing to do with Star Citizen. Furthermore this thread should'nt belong to the SA game section because there is no game.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Zzr posted:

should'nt

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

The n liked the t more than the d. Stop trying to shame sexual preferences.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Zzr posted:

The n liked the t more than the d. Stop trying to shame sexual preferences.

i am vanilla ice cream and happy to be so

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

This is why Ben isn't allowed to dive at the local pool any more.

Well, that and the hygiene issues.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It's because he's fat.

He's a very fat man.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

bens fatness is pretty far down on the reasons why he is horribly unlikable

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

alf_pogs posted:

Horrible At Every Size

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

alf_pogs posted:

I actually kinda feel sorry for Ben.

Meeting his hero and finding out he's a total fuckwad has obviously affected him very badly.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

tooterfish posted:

Meeting his hero and finding out he's a total fuckwad has obviously affected him very badly.

i feel sorry for him in that he seems to be incapable of changing and unwilling to do so; but whatever disillusionment he feels regarding working for his hero is overshadowed for me by his enormous girth conspiring with his hero to get rich off the mentally unwell

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

"If I throw enough money at the problem it will be solved eventually"

You don't even need a pyramid for some of these guys, just a circle to represent the hole they're throwing their money into. But sure you're only giving 25 bucks there's nothing wrong with encouraging scams artists.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

mr-hasgaha posted:

I wrote the second half of it almost a year ago and keep copying and pasting it... tweaking it as I go. It's a nice canned response.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 4, 2017

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

i feel sorry for him in that he seems to be incapable of changing and unwilling to do so; but whatever disillusionment he feels regarding working for his hero is overshadowed for me by his enormous girth conspiring with his hero to get rich off the mentally unwell

Just lol if you think Ben is getting rich from this, he is and always will be the fall guy when things go bad quickly.

Remember he scammed 10k from nerds for wing commander trash, and he's not even smart enough to actually take the money and run, he bought the literal garbage with it instead

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

tooterfish posted:

that and being a segment of a televised Japanese fat-shaming safari

MY BOWFLEX!
Apr 29, 2009
Derek Smart alt checking in.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Just lol if you think Ben is getting rich from this, he is and always will be the fall guy when things go bad quickly.

Remember he scammed 10k from nerds for wing commander trash, and he's not even smart enough to actually take the money and run, he bought the literal garbage with it instead

To his credit he didn't scam his backers, though it would have been a better investment for them if he had. lol

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/349508-I-believe-it-s-time-for-a-quot-Future-of-Elite-quot-memo-from-Braben/page6

sirius42 posted:

I think the cirumstance that Star Citizen is beeing developed for PC only keeps and kept ED alive all over. FD knew that they couldnt stand a chance against SC so they started to create content suitable more and more for xbox and console players. Somewhere in the late alpha phase of ED they have must come to that conclusion and you can see that with the Powerplay update (everyone was surprised about that update because we were all focused on the BGS we had). They have maybe stoped the further developement of the original Back Ground Simulation to a less complex Powerplay Simulation fitting more to console players. And the fact that SC would induce a world wide Space Simulation hype (but only for PC) FD used ED as a alternative SC for console players. So overall i think any further major updates will get more and more console like.

lol these guys.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dooguk posted:

So much for PM's. Didn't take you for a grass.

lol

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The mental gymnastics , Elite is alive and successful because of SC .... Jesus

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Maybe those grapes aren't that sour but it's only because of our nonexistent grapes

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

I wonder how deep they can get their heads in the sand?

VealCutlet fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 4, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Nothing scares the developers of a game that's been out for over three years more than the threat that Star Citizen may eventually come out five years from now.

The last few people downloading Elite: Dangerous from GoG for $3.75 will suddenly be onslaughts by roving bands of Citizens.

"How do you like that sub par game, huh?"

"Frontier gave up on you guys four years ago, Roberts never stopped loving us."

"Bet you wish EDerek had FPS combat action."

Meanwhile the rest of the world will definitely be rapt with wonder at how SC will compare against a 8-9 year old game.

It boggles me how there is any sort of competition at all between them. Is there huge anger between the guys who like X and who like E:D? I'm not all up in space game central so maybe this "one game to rule them all" is normal and you're not allowed to play and enjoy two or more space games?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VealCutlet posted:

I wonder how deep they can get their heads in the sand?

:sandance:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Currently down for everything.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Excuse my desktop, rushed art. :kiddo:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Titanic posted:

Is there huge anger between the guys who like X and who like E:D? I'm not all up in space game central so maybe this "one game to rule them all" is normal and you're not allowed to play and enjoy two or more space games?

Nope. The citizens are entirely anomalous in this regard

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Sabreseven posted:

Excuse my desktop, rushed art. :kiddo:

Before anyone asks where the ring is, it's here:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

ComfyPants posted:

Before anyone asks where the ring is, it's here:

You beat me to the punchline, +1000 internets :D

Adbot