Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

starkebn posted:

OldSchoolCmdr is giving them an education they're not willing to take, how long until he is shadow banned?

He's doing effort posts at /r/ds, he'll be in meltdown mode in hours at most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Really though. Does touching the ring kill you? It looks like it doesn't and just sends you spinning because of the ~transitive property of momentum~ or something like that

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

necroid posted:

wait isn't this

“That’s one of the things I find very attractive about [the project]: I don’t feel the pressure to have this one release be absolutely perfect,” Roberts said. “I feel like it’s an ongoing relationship with the people, the community … . And as things get better, we can improve it. We can improve the stories and add more content. It’s an ongoing process.”

the opposite of what he's been touting so far? that it's taking them so long for everything to be perfect unlike those other publisher-backed games?

He's correct though, in both cases - it's really how his backers think. "CIG can't even show us [thing] because it's not perfect yet!" while "well duh of course [thing] in the game is poo poo, it's an ALPHA"

It's good enough until they stop working on it, at which time it becomes really really good.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Really though. Does touching the ring kill you? It looks like it doesn't and just sends you spinning because of the ~transitive property of momentum~ or something like that

I think the very foundation of life and death are basically up to the ring and the players can only really hope their prayers send it towards someone else if only for a moment, to spare them from its wrath.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

thatguy posted:

Derek sued the IRS... :laffo::laffo::laffo:

well Scientology did it.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Ben warlords his toilet everyday and it's messy.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:ironicat:

I guess he'd know though, huh.

Can someone create a new atomic-weapongrade-mega-ironycat symbol? The normal one just doesnt deliver enough anymore

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AutismVaccine posted:

Can someone create a new atomic-weapongrade-mega-ironycat symbol? The normal one just doesnt deliver enough anymore

…just imagine some mushroom clouds in the corner.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Various Meat Products posted:

Does it hurt your feelings when I throw my wallet down this storm drain? Lol take that, goonie!

Ha ha, Derrick Shart! I'm going to get all my relatives to buy me Star Citizen accounts for my birthday and Christmas just to spite you! And the best part is, it won't be costing me one cent! Nothing at all! I bet that makes you mad! Checkmate, goon!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Has anyone said Spectrum more like Rectum yet?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
the good people at RSI prefer Rektum

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Mr Fronts posted:

Ha ha, Derrick Shart! I'm going to get all my relatives to buy me Star Citizen accounts for my birthday and Christmas just to spite you! And the best part is, it won't be costing me one cent! Nothing at all! I bet that makes you mad! Checkmate, goon!

Dont forget to also invest into https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios

Thats should piss Desert Shark really off.

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 4, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

phosdex posted:

how much are we paying this guy

Clearly nowhere near enough.

Chris Roberts
No Clipping, 2017
Digital
1920x1080, 24 frames per second

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Decrepus posted:

Has anyone said Spectrum more like Rectum yet?

TrustmeImLegit posted:

the good people at RSI prefer Rektum

Spectrum? drat near killed 'em!

Their community I mean.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Ploxx twist: MoMA is OldSchoolCmdr

I was shocked too

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
That guy's gonna sign up here, do a high-brow version of Bramden and get himself banned

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
I miss branston

:smith:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

:allears: this is why Derek owns

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'm truly open-mouthed at this point, the reddit theory-crafting is now at :magical: levels. And then OldSchoolCmdr drops the truth bombs on them and their logical response is that he has to be Derek because reasons, none of which they actually examine themselves in case this weirdass Tower of Babel they've erected on the smoking ruins of expensive jpegs might melt away.

It really reminds me of the French Revolutionary Committee and the slow realization that the frauds they were so intent on unmasking were in fact themselves and the only way to save their own lives was to kill the ringleader Robespierre. Prester Jane calls this kind of process as a compaction cycle, and I think we're going to see ever more desperate purity drives to remove all who taint the BDSSE, and if I were CR, I should actually worry about this, cos they've crossed way over the border into fantasy and they need that fantasy way more than they need him.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
Finally caught up again... and I found out a few things about myself during the 20 or so page journey. After taking a look in the mirror on the userid=0 gag; I realized a hard truth. I feel more and more like Derek every day.
- I desire a posse of lawyers around me at all times
- I now call scam before I finish the first paragraph of most Kickstarter pitches.
- I want my own hate group on Reddit.
- I want a guy that certainly is not my alt, who also probably used to complain about writing a 1000 word essay in school, write an entire mini-novel about my background
- I am haunted by the cold touch of a vending machine against my fists

Therefore,
I now identify as Dr. Darkrefreshment Smart and will be suing American Federal agencies accordingly.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014
Well, that's quite a thing.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

DarkRefreshment posted:

Finally caught up again... and I found out a few things about myself during the 20 or so page journey. After taking a look in the mirror on the userid=0 gag; I realized a hard truth. I feel more and more like Derek every day.
- I desire a posse of lawyers around me at all times
- I now call scam before I finish the first paragraph of most Kickstarter pitches.
- I want my own hate group on Reddit.
- I want a guy that certainly is not my alt, who also probably used to complain about writing a 1000 word essay in school, write an entire mini-novel about my background
- I am haunted by the cold touch of a vending machine against my fists

Therefore,
I now identify as Dr. Darkrefreshment Smart and will be suing American Federal agencies accordingly.

:holymoley:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

This Ashes of Creation guy couldn't be any more transparent if his name was Sir Conner Gamer Whales, III Esq. He's spent his whole life "marketing" products on people that they don't need or really probably even want. Now like the blood soaked piece of steak gamers have proven to be, with all the failed KS games and NMS levels of fail, the shark is jumping in the pool.

I've known and done contract work for MLM people my whole life and the really successful ones are the worst. Because they can see opportunity to exploit a situation faster than Ben can suck down the end of a Krispy Kreme assembly line with the hot sign on.

If I sound triggered it's probably because I am. MLM people either see you as a mark to buy their sketchy rear end "product" or smart enough to recruit other gullible fucks into their scheme. These kind of people are bucket-in-hand ready to caress the sweet teat of middle-aged cash cow gamers. And like a heard of emo lemmings, these people are throwing a mil+ at them and holding the door open.

All the while he openly states his only qualifications are being a "marketing genius" and a gamer for 25 years. gently caress me, I've been a gamer for almost 30 years. I'm clearly overqualified to get a hit off that KS crack pipe CR lit and that this asshat is now trying to "market".

DarkRefreshment fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 4, 2017

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

DarkRefreshment posted:

This Ashes of Creation guy couldn't be any more transparent if his name was Sir Conner Gamer Whales, III Esq. He's spent his whole life "marketing" products on people that they don't need or really probably even want. Now like the blood soaked piece of steak gamers have proven to be, with all the failed KS games and NMS levels of fail, the shark is jumping in the pool.

I've known and done contract work for MLM people my whole life and the really successful ones are the worst. Because they can see opportunity to exploit a situation faster than Ben can suck down the end of a Krispy Kreme assembly line with the hot sign on.

If I sound triggered it's probably because I am. MLM people either see you as a mark to buy their sketchy rear end "product" or smart enough to recruit other gullible fucks into their scheme. These kind of people are bucket-in-hand ready to caress the sweet teat of middle-aged cash cow gamers. And like a heard of emo lemmings, these people are throwing a mil+ at them and holding the door open.

All the while he openly states his only qualifications are being a "marketing genius" and a gamer for 25 years. gently caress me, I've been a gamer for almost 30 years. I'm clearly overqualified to get a hit off that KS crack pipe CR lit and that this asshat is now trying to "market".

To be successful at MLM, you have to turn off the remorse portions of your brain.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

DarkRefreshment posted:

I was copying code sheets and buying C90s in bulk 37 years ago.

Sounds bad now I type it out.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ewe2 posted:

I'm truly open-mouthed at this point, the reddit theory-crafting is now at :magical: levels. And then OldSchoolCmdr drops the truth bombs on them and their logical response is that he has to be Derek because reasons, none of which they actually examine themselves in case this weirdass Tower of Babel they've erected on the smoking ruins of expensive jpegs might melt away.

It really reminds me of the French Revolutionary Committee and the slow realization that the frauds they were so intent on unmasking were in fact themselves and the only way to save their own lives was to kill the ringleader Robespierre. Prester Jane calls this kind of process as a compaction cycle, and I think we're going to see ever more desperate purity drives to remove all who taint the BDSSE, and if I were CR, I should actually worry about this, cos they've crossed way over the border into fantasy and they need that fantasy way more than they need him.

Every single one of those threads I just want to put a big "ONLY 0-10% OF THIS EXISTS" stamp on it.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Hav posted:

I was copying code sheets and buying C90s in bulk 37 years ago.

Sounds bad now I type it out.

It's ok friend, with that kind of experience you now easily qualify for a 2 million dollar KS in today's gamer economy. Just get Derek to say you suck and lube up your wallet for the punishment it's about to take.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Like there was a thread yesterday with a guy completely seriously asking if its better to have BMM over a Connie and which one will give him the best profit.

Theres no economy,
Theres nothing to sell
Theres no where to trade anything
Theres no cargo system
One of the ships he's asking about doesn't even exist outside a jpg
The only way to obtain these ships is with real money so 'profit' is meaningless
Theres no trading components to give pros/cons for.
Theres no competition.
The only locations that exist in the game orbit a skyboxed gas giant in a tiny system.

Theres loving nothing but its a completely serious sober thread.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Like there was a thread yesterday with a guy completely seriously asking if its better to have BMM over a Connie and which one will give him the best profit.

Theres no economy,
Theres nothing to sell
Theres no where to trade anything
Theres no cargo system
One of the ships he's asking about doesn't even exist outside a jpg
The only way to obtain these ships is with real money so 'profit' is meaningless
Theres no trading components to give pros/cons for.
Theres no competition.
The only locations that exist in the game orbit a skyboxed gas giant in a tiny system.

Theres loving nothing but its a completely serious sober thread.

This is why the commandos are crying buckets about the referral scheme, they are selling the game to their irl pals by saying all the poo poo that drives you mad, then their pals log in and basically go 'wtf' and ostracise them :laugh:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

This is why the commandos are crying buckets about the referral scheme, they are selling the game to their irl pals by saying all the poo poo that drives you mad, then their pals log in and basically go 'wtf' and ostracise them :laugh:

One of the guys said the BMM's bracing is better so cargo is less likely to fall on passengers so you get sued less.

they've lost their minds

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Warhawk109 posted:

To be successful at MLM, you have to turn off the remorse portions of your brain.

Yep. The worst was an MLM insurance company I did IT work for. Not only were you doing the usual MLM "product" pushing, but you were specifically targeting older people. Telling them how terrible it would be if their family couldn't pay to bury them or their grandkids couldn't go to college because you were too cheap to take out one of our amazing products. Added bonus, recruit your other friends and you get a premium discount!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TrustmeImLegit posted:

One of the guys said the BMM's bracing is better so cargo is less likely to fall on passengers so you get sued less.

they've lost their minds

It's roleplay, using the game mechanics as a springboard for imagination based emergent gameplay. For example you cannot actually poke an elf cock through a glory hole in the Goldshire Inn in WoW yet it happens on an hourly basis

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Well that's a great way to start a new page

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Well that's a great way to start a new page

I like your personal anecdotes.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

It's roleplay, using the game mechanics as a springboard for imagination based emergent gameplay. For example you cannot actually poke an elf cock through a glory hole in the Goldshire Inn in WoW yet it happens on an hourly basis

you just aren't trying hard enough

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I bet there's a skyrim mod for it, with 180,000 poly elf dongs and 8k textures.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
Do you think Ben is even aware that he's taking a poo poo?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do you think Ben is even aware that he's taking a poo poo?

Oh I'm sure he would have a few indications

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

DarkRefreshment posted:

Yep. The worst was an MLM insurance company I did IT work for. Not only were you doing the usual MLM "product" pushing, but you were specifically targeting older people. Telling them how terrible it would be if their family couldn't pay to bury them or their grandkids couldn't go to college because you were too cheap to take out one of our amazing products. Added bonus, recruit your other friends and you get a premium discount!

When I was younger, I got sucked into buying a super expensive vacuum by a friend (filter queen). I was told I would get it for free, if I joined their sales team, and made a sale. So I went for the training, went out on a few "demos" with some of their salesmen. There's no compunction about the customers ability to pay, they sign them up for a loan for thousands of dollars. Going to older people's homes was common, because they were easy marks. They'd call people up, promise them a bunch of free stuff (no mention of what they were selling) and they'd teach you to tilt your head forward and just walk in their door as soon as someone answered. Not quite the level of MLM, but similar kind of tactics. I didn't last long there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Warhawk109 posted:

they'd teach you to tilt your head forward and just walk in their door as soon as someone answered.

How'd that work out for them?