Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vlaada Chvatil posted:

What are DAthena havers using to deal with Predras? Do you just delay them? I'm so lazy after using Red Riding Hood (Ra) for the last six months of on Krishna team, that it just seems like so much work to mass effect them to death.

Lumiel inherited on my Persephone. It's nice because with good board I can use it again to sweep the 3 pys at the end of A2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

GoodBee posted:

He's also got Scheat Regalia, Shinji. I was thinking that might make a decent inherit. Not sure on what yet though.

he overwrites persephone's dark skyfall with water, doesn't he? that's something to keep in mind at least

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dark Athena is pretty cool, guys.

277,822,996 damage.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
What kind of teams are people using for the C10 no awakening this time? I've got a C11 plan but C10 is proving annoying. No awakenings is really complete poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Myr was a breeze for it.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I've been playing with friends who don't have dathena yet - typically some Pandora or nepth. It seems like she's great when friended with herself and other leads really take a hot in one way or another.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

he overwrites persephone's dark skyfall with water, doesn't he? that's something to keep in mind at least

Good to know. I didn't consider that. That's not a deal breaker though, especially with so few options on a relatively new account. Just something to think about when using actives.

boo_radley posted:

I've been playing with friends who don't have dathena yet - typically some Pandora or nepth. It seems like she's great when friended with herself and other leads really take a hot in one way or another.

Neph? Really? I guess if that's the best you've got then she is really flexible.

I'm trying to help build my friend's new account team with Revo Persephone that can pair with my Neptune for MP or DAthena for solo.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Myr was a breeze for it.

To elaborate on this a bit further - a few things to bring instead of your "standard" Myr team:
1) Laser for floor 3 (b/c breaking that defense is hard, then if your leaders are bound you are hosed) - Re.Ra fits the best here.
2) A damage enhance that lasts at least 2 turns to help you make it through the last ~10.5M health on Phoenix and carry through to Satan
3) A super-spike board (i.e. Saria -> LAKechi or something similar)
4) Some sort of a big gravity - even accounting for the bonus damage to dark, 34M is a lot to get through on one no-awoken attack from Myr.

I did Myr (Saria) / Re.Venus (ADQ) / Paimon (Saria) / Re.Ra (A.Thor) / Z&H with a Myr/LAkechi friend.

Approach - at least stall for Ra through floors 1 and 2, laser 3, then wait until you get all of your skills up on 4 (don't gently caress up the count - every 6 turns is the "cross or you die" move). Get Phoenix near half but slightly above, then Thor + Saria to take it out. Satan gets Grav + Saria -> LAkechi and cross/combo the board.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The simplest way to deal with Phoenix is to try for a kill hit ON six, because even if you fail you get an extra turn to finish Phoenix off because its big hit always has priority. This saves your spike so you get two full turns of it on Satan.

You also don't need a grav if you have a way of making a 2/3 board with enhanced lights (Saria -> Lakechi or Apoc ->ADQXQ + enhance (Ganesha, Yomi, Venus, etc)) since it usually kills regardless.

Muse is also the best possible spike active for Myr because none of the Gemstones work.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Barely managed to drag my alt account through Jord - Legend (since it'd be a decent Verdandi sub) only to have it not drop because I forgot that Legend maps aren't a 100% drop rate. :argh:

When does 2 heroes open again? Going to just have to plow ahead and unlock that so I can farm some cu chus.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Evil Fluffy posted:

Barely managed to drag my alt account through Jord - Legend (since it'd be a decent Verdandi sub) only to have it not drop because I forgot that Legend maps aren't a 100% drop rate. :argh:

When does 2 heroes open again? Going to just have to plow ahead and unlock that so I can farm some cu chus.

Normals, clear Legendary Dragons and Skydragons. Alternately you can get them as rare drops from some descends, best one Athena.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I was told that I can request a starter account in here rather than go through the fun of rerolling repeatedly?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

ZenVulgarity posted:

I was told that I can request a starter account in here rather than go through the fun of rerolling repeatedly?

I have one that has a ton of monsters but only rank 22. Sadly it isn't "that" amazing but it does have a wide variety of mediocre monsters! It also has the new hotness Persephone.

Then again, the new Tier list is: "friend someone with Dark Athena"

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 12:02 on May 4, 2017

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

ChikoDemono posted:

I have one that has a ton of monsters but only rank 22. Sadly it isn't "that" amazing but it does have a wide variety of mediocre monsters! It also has the new hotness Persephone.

Then again, the new Tier list is: "friend someone with Dark Athena"

I mean sure, I dunno how to take it though

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

PM'd you. Good luck.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks! Now to fumble around with everything. All the videos linked in the discord have made me interested.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Looking for opinions on my JP A3 team with DAthena.

Currently rolling with:
DA (Orochi)
RPersephone (Santa Fencer)
RLoki (Carat)
Sima Yi (Indra)
RHaku (Anaphon)
DA (JP Exclusive Light Fujin-alike)

My quandary is that I also have an Awoken Nohime who seems pretty drat powerful (2x 7+ Awakenings, active is 1 turn 75% shield and RBGDH board, but no TPAs). Any suggestions on where I can possibly fit her in? With no TPA I'm scared to put her on main roster, but 2x 7c is really good damage and is justification enough for Melodias to be put on DA teams. I suppose I could replace Anaphon with her also, but that feels like less optimal since Anaphon is basically a mini-spike+heal board.

Any of you pros have an opinion?

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

dwarf74 posted:

I feel starved for hearts while running DAthena. What's the prime heart maker, other than inherits? Yomidra?

Yomidra, maybe Pandora?

I know that for my team, my only heart makers are 2x Ryune inherits. Are you clearing as much of the board as possible each turn? If so, you should be mostly fine for hearts, and inherits should cover the times you aren't fine.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

MrMoose posted:

Yomidra, maybe Pandora?

I know that for my team, my only heart makers are 2x Ryune inherits. Are you clearing as much of the board as possible each turn? If so, you should be mostly fine for hearts, and inherits should cover the times you aren't fine.
Oh yeah, I'm getting 7+ combos. I think it was mostly bad luck on a few challenge dungeons, combined with being spoiled by running radra and 2 dkali.

I have zero ryune, to inherit, hence the question. :(

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
My beach pandora finally sees some use as a d/b double tpa dark- and heartmaker, the low stats are a shame tbh. Giving her a top tier dathena sub evo would make for good whalebait in the summer REM.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Man DAth did to A2 what Myr did to A1. Its nice that I can now sleepwalk through it and get a Py and some MP to go with it.

I'll start heading into A3 once I have my latent situation in better order.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

junan_paalla posted:

My beach pandora finally sees some use as a d/b double tpa dark- and heartmaker, the low stats are a shame tbh. Giving her a top tier dathena sub evo would make for good whalebait in the summer REM.

They almost certainly will give her a uevo in the summer and I am very much looking forward to it. Imagine her with a 3rd prong or an extra finger, plus some stats.

also watching beach pandora do roughly 9 trillion damage to light kali in A2 is the best part of her

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 4, 2017

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So anyone know what pal machine is coming tomorrow?

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

D.Athena is really good and fun, and I am having a great time with her.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

dwarf74 posted:

So anyone know what pal machine is coming tomorrow?

No announcements so it's almost certainly going to be Evo.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

isndl posted:

Alright. Time to burn some pal points, then.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

isndl posted:

I thought it was rumored that the +15 PEM would come with the return of Heroines?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Hebug posted:

I thought it was rumored that the +15 PEM would come with the return of Heroines?

That's probably not for another week.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

junan_paalla posted:

alternatively, they should make a beach dathena variant that's b/d so I can make use of all these scheat shinjis I have lying around

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

alternatively, they should make a beach dathena variant that's b/d so I can make use of all these scheat shinjis I have lying around

Lol just lol if you think there is going to be a Blue DarkAthena and it won't be row based.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

That's probably not for another week.

Padx says the heroines dungeon is coming back on the 8th and they're usually accurate about that stuff so...

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

UHD posted:

Padx says the heroines dungeon is coming back on the 8th and they're usually accurate about that stuff so...

I am probably very wrong.

I could have sworn that weird god Gala was happening first though. I assumed that they wouldnt run two cash grabs at once.

Maybe Heroine is not a cash grab anymore, though.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
As far as the pal egg machine goes, in the past they have always announced it one week in advance and usually the day after the enhance machine rotates out. So if it is coming I would expect an announcement tomorrow which would give you a week to try and stockpile your points. So I wouldn't spend them all unless you know you can get back up to 50 rolls in a week.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
I have an open BFF spot and present to share. Is anyone looking for a triangle of some sort? I have been running D.Athena lately, as well as Krishna. I'm finishing a Revo Astaroth team, and plan to get Revo Kushi up when that's released. Also Sumire, Revo Bastet, and a bunch of other situationals. 367249257

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Why do I see some people using an assist that's the same skill as the leader? :confused:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

Why do I see some people using an assist that's the same skill as the leader? :confused:

skill delay resist

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
And an extra lump of stats.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

cheezit posted:

I have an open BFF spot and present to share. Is anyone looking for a triangle of some sort? I have been running D.Athena lately, as well as Krishna. I'm finishing a Revo Astaroth team, and plan to get Revo Kushi up when that's released. Also Sumire, Revo Bastet, and a bunch of other situationals. 367249257

I still need to find a bff too; planning on running revo kush and have r. Minerva and sherias roots now. You still available?

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

heisenberg posted:

To elaborate on this a bit further - a few things to bring instead of your "standard" Myr team:
1) Laser for floor 3 (b/c breaking that defense is hard, then if your leaders are bound you are hosed) - Re.Ra fits the best here.
2) A damage enhance that lasts at least 2 turns to help you make it through the last ~10.5M health on Phoenix and carry through to Satan
3) A super-spike board (i.e. Saria -> LAKechi or something similar)
4) Some sort of a big gravity - even accounting for the bonus damage to dark, 34M is a lot to get through on one no-awoken attack from Myr.

I did Myr (Saria) / Re.Venus (ADQ) / Paimon (Saria) / Re.Ra (A.Thor) / Z&H with a Myr/LAkechi friend.

Approach - at least stall for Ra through floors 1 and 2, laser 3, then wait until you get all of your skills up on 4 (don't gently caress up the count - every 6 turns is the "cross or you die" move). Get Phoenix near half but slightly above, then Thor + Saria to take it out. Satan gets Grav + Saria -> LAkechi and cross/combo the board.

I'm never sure how to properly count the Phoenix attack. After the pre-emptive heal, is it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, die, or does the pre-emptive count as 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randoark
May 9, 2003
Whoso pulleth this linoleum knife from this milkman is rightwise king born of England!

The Hebug posted:

I'm never sure how to properly count the Phoenix attack. After the pre-emptive heal, is it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, die, or does the pre-emptive count as 1?

Heal counts as 1 turn towards the hit on 6.