Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I liked the trailer, it got me re-hyped for Netflix Marvel after the UGH of Iron Fist, it hit all the right notes, and it actually made me enjoy "Come As You Are" which is one of my least favorite Nirvana songs :v: .

Honestly, I'd be fine with just hours of all four eating Chinese food and baggin' on Danny. Glad Stick/Scott Glenn will be back too (and also baggin' on Danny) because I think it's now scientific fact that Scott Glenn makes everything better. I'm a little wary of resurrected Elektra, but we'll see. Also, someone above said she might be an antagonist, but in that hallway fight scene it looks like she's with The Defenders.

Maybe we'll finally find out what all those big holes were for! (Kidding.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Longbaugh01 posted:

Honestly, I'd be fine with just hours of all four eating Chinese food and baggin' on Danny. Glad Stick/Scott Glenn will be back too (and also baggin' on Danny) because I think it's now scientific fact that Scott Glenn makes everything better. I'm a little wary of resurrected Elektra, but we'll see. Also, someone above said she might be an antagonist, but in that hallway fight scene it looks like she's with The Defenders.

Looked to me like she was stalking them in the hallway fight, and at one point kicks Matt through a door.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Is there going to be a Punisher series? If so can we please have a bunch of goons run towards him down a hallway and he just opens up with a SMG to put the whole hallway fight scene thing to rest?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

One thing that really got on my nerves in Iron Fist was Claire constantly dropping hints about the other shows. Stuff like "trust me, I've seen worse" or "I know someone just like you..." or "Sweet christmas"

It just came across as "me too me too, notice me!!!" which is sad because I like Claire a lot otherwise.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

enraged_camel posted:

One thing that really got on my nerves in Iron Fist was Claire constantly dropping hints about the other shows. Stuff like "trust me, I've seen worse" or "I know someone just like you..." or "Sweet christmas"

It just came across as "me too me too, notice me!!!" which is sad because I like Claire a lot otherwise.

I was kind of annoyed that she was fighting people. I guess everyone's a kung fu master now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

PostNouveau posted:

I was kind of annoyed that she was fighting people. I guess everyone's a kung fu master now.

Be fair, Claire had been probably doing training two or three times a week at Colleen's Dojo for a couple months by that point. So yeah, she can fight ninjas from a magical martial arts pocket dimension.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

She's training to be Hellcat's sidekick. :getin:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

I'm the one who's still pissed Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 got cancelled. There are literally dozens of us!

still crazy to go back and watch Eric Andre play the straightest man ever conceived tho

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Grem posted:

Is there going to be a Punisher series? If so can we please have a bunch of goons run towards him down a hallway and he just opens up with a SMG to put the whole hallway fight scene thing to rest?

Yah, finished filming a couple weeks ago, gonna be really loving good too

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its cool that they've set up a little pool of potential "Phase 2" heroes with Punisher, Hellcat, Colleen, Misty, and Elektra. That's something I'm looking forward to seeing how/if they develop along with Heroes for Hire, Luke/Jessica, and the more mystical Iron Fist stuff.

enraged_camel posted:

I don't know, I feel like if she didn't mention that she had super powered friends she could call for help it would have annoyed me way more. Like, I think that was more blatant in Jessica Jones when she outright offers to call Daredevil and Jessica turns her down for fear that Killgrave could use him as a tool like Luke, but its the way I interpret the IF stuff too. It will be fun when she finally gets to do it in Defenders.

Plus, yeah, there IS a bit of "me too, me too" to it. Claire getting a sense of importance about her role with these heroes and wanting to feel special like them has been explicitly brought up by both her mom in Cage and Gao in IF. Ultimately I assume that her "purpose" will be bringing the Defenders together. We see in the trailer that she introduces Luke and Danny but its possible she also is the one who gets Matt to defend Jessica, or links up the two pairs.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Grem posted:

Is there going to be a Punisher series?
...Yes? It comes out later this year.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

PostNouveau posted:

She's been training and hanging around super hero types for a while now, it's not surprising she picked up a few moves along the way.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Hanging around all these capes has put her in danger so many times now that not learning to defend herself would be downright negligent at this point.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Parkingtigers posted:

Hanging around all these capes has put her in danger so many times now that not learning to defend herself would be downright negligent at this point.

Nobody is complaining about Claire learning to fight. The issue is how good she was at it. In Jessica Jones, Patsy had been very seriously learning self defense for a couple years. She had a home gym and it's implied that she trains daily. And that training shows. Patsy is composed, she knows how to fight back, and she holds her own. But she's never going to beat Simpson, the ex-marine with a hundred pound and eight inches on her, in a straight up fight.

So when Claire does some kung fu for a couple months and then can fight and defeat ninjas, it's silly.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
There's a bit of Runaways footage floating around somewhere, but showed nothing much. The Inhumans also have been revealed and ehhhhhhhhhhh...

https://twitter.com/superbromovies/status/860142363049689088

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple

Those are some terrible costumes. Look like bad cosplay of themselves.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

#notmymedusa

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Where's his stupid tuning fork

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

enraged_camel posted:

She's training to be Hellcat's sidekick. :getin:

Is there another good cat themed woman street level hero? It could be like Marvel's Cats of Prey.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Black Cat, occasionally.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Zythrst posted:

Is there another good cat themed woman street level hero? It could be like Marvel's Cats of Prey.

Black Cat

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Saint Freak posted:

Where's his stupid tuning fork

Is that supposed to be black something or other? The guy who whispers and wrecks poo poo?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Field Mousepad posted:

Is that supposed to be black something or other? The guy who whispers and wrecks poo poo?

Yeah that's Black Bolt.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's also Silver Sable, a sable is basically a cat

Field Mousepad posted:

Blackagar Boltagon, aka Black Bolt

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That said is that Ramsay Bolton as Maximus? Holy poo poo that's loving great casting.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sony own those two, though.

Tigra or bust!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That said is that Ramsay Bolton as Maximus? Holy poo poo that's loving great casting.

Makes me worried about any scene between him and Lockjaw.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Only if wolverines and otters are also basically cats.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

PostNouveau posted:

"Ugh. I guess EVERYBODY was kung fu fighting...:rolleyes:"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The used clever cuts in editing to make the kicks appear fast as lightning. It was in fact frightening.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Saint Freak posted:

The used clever cuts in editing to make the kicks appear fast as lightning. It was in fact frightening.

Yeah but only a little bit.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

EmptyVessel posted:

Only if wolverines and otters are also basically cats.

Everything other than humans is either basically a dog or basically a cat.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Man, that Inhumans picture looks like poo poo. For Inhumans they sure do look pretty loving human. Isn't there supposed to be a green, lizard looking dude? Also, no lockjaw?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Just say no to black leather pants.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Medusa looks like someone cosplaying a PS1 era JRPG background NPC.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Trailer looked decent! Who's that skinny little blonde guy that's trying to learn martial arts? Is it Daredevil's trainee or something?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Phenotype posted:

Trailer looked decent! Who's that skinny little blonde guy that's trying to learn martial arts? Is it Daredevil's trainee or something?

That's Daredevil's younger brother. Mom said he had to come too or Matt wasn't allowed to play.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Meh. Agents of Shield had terrible costumes during Season 1 as well. I mean

They actually started putting effort into it in Season 2:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'll never really dig Deathlok because of how bad that looked.

Plus, you know, it's Deathlok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Parkingtigers posted:

There's a bit of Runaways footage floating around somewhere, but showed nothing much. The Inhumans also have been revealed and ehhhhhhhhhhh...

https://twitter.com/superbromovies/status/860142363049689088

I said it in the genchat thread, but remember when EW put out the Days of Future Past promos and they looked like absolute poo poo? And then the movie came out and looked fantastic? I'm gonna delay judgement for now.