Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
This fresh kirkland sausage lasagna on deck for a first try tonight! Insanely excited to pray at the altar on the daily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

buy another freezer from costco

my house is built out of costco freezers and they're all full

Meydey posted:

Skip the frozen aisle. Plenty of dry goods, clothes, seasonal, cleaning supplies, etc as long as you have closet/garage/living room space to store it

i don't have the space this is what i'm bitching about

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Just moved into a new apartment, can't wait to hit up Costco to get red cups and a big ol' thing of ground beef and ground turkey so I can freeze it and have lunch for the next month.

And not to mention the 1/4 pound all beef hot dog and drink for 1.50!

E: Lol realize I already posted this but I'm always happy to affirm my love of all things Costco

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This fresh kirkland sausage lasagna on deck for a first try tonight! Insanely excited to pray at the altar on the daily.

Dog speed my friend

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Had that last week. drat good for frozen.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000

naem posted:

The trick is go with your mom so you don't need a membership and stock up on pants

This.

I got a sweet deal on sweat pants, I got two pair for like $15.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

costco is king, those granola bars and aussie bites are the poo poo

i went last week but im really craving a dog right now drat. also picked up a pack of those kirkland white Ts, those are perfect

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Hi I was told to report to this thread because I'm about to start a job with benefits (but not at Costco). Can someone point me to the correct aisle?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

RocktheCaulk posted:

Hi I was told to report to this thread because I'm about to start a job with benefits (but not at Costco). Can someone point me to the correct aisle?

All the aisles are good aisles but it's going to take you a while to see them all you might want to stop by the food court and get you a 1/4lb all beef hot dog and a 20oz drink for just $1.50 (plus tax :shh:). The best part is that you can refill the drink all you want for free!!!

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

RocktheCaulk posted:

Always walk all aisles. Not only do they like to move stuff around, you will probably see something new each time. Also look for starred (*) and .97 items, those are clearance.
Keep an eye out for out of the place sample ladies also, they like to hide.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
What aisle tells me how much to put into retirement and what insurance options to take? Basically I need the aisle of boring HR people :(

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

When I lived in Seattle, at the time all of the liquor stores were state run. I believe they changed that now. gently caress, in Wisconsin I can probably buy booze at a day care.

They changed that? drat. I thought that was really cool when I visited my aunt up there.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

meet girls at the store posted:

Just lol if your cart doesn't look like this by the time you're ready to leave

this is p much everything wrong with costco in an image and why I tend to get most of my food food at winco. Living out of a freezer is just shameful.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

this is p much everything wrong with costco in an image and why I tend to get most of my food food at winco. Living out of a freezer is just shameful.

Costco customers aren't the only ones guilty of living off prepackaged meals, cooking at home has been a lost skill for much of America for the last 40 or so years.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Costco food court used to have the BEST loving hand dipped chocolate ice cream bars but got rid of them a couple years ago. The one pockmark on an otherwise blemish free face known as Costco.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Dr. Capco posted:

Costco food court used to have the BEST loving hand dipped chocolate ice cream bars but got rid of them a couple years ago. The one pockmark on an otherwise blemish free face known as Costco.

That was loving to die for!

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
idk why all this talk on hot dogs. you can get a $10 cheese pizza that is better than any pizza chain out there.

also $1 giant rear end churros

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

succ posted:

idk why all this talk on hot dogs. you can get a $10 cheese pizza that is better than any pizza chain out there.

Sometimes for work after a really hard week I like to grab a few pies and just have a little impromptu pizza party for everyone, and the fact that they cost $10 instead of $25 like a lot of place is what gets me to do that

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Just had a Costco polish dog for $1.65. I feel like they shouldn't charge sales tax on something so perfect.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

succ posted:

Another Pro-tip: they will make a Pep/Sausage combo if you ask nice

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug

Meydey posted:

Another Pro-tip: they will make a Pep/Sausage combo if you ask nice

:eyepop:

I've been missing out holy poo poo

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
No single slices though, only full pie

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dr Tran posted:

They changed that? drat. I thought that was really cool when I visited my aunt up there.

Not really cool at all because it kept prices high and made it a lot more trouble to buy. Now a lot of booze is cheaper and can be found in many more places. It's a win-win, really.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Anton Chigurh posted:

Not really cool at all because it kept prices high and made it a lot more trouble to buy. Now a lot of booze is cheaper and can be found in many more places. It's a win-win, really.

Some people hate it because the taxes are higher now too, but overall it's cheaper. The taxes do suck though.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I try not to look at other people's carts at Costco cuz they are seriously shameful. An entire cart full of food and every single item is processed garbo

On the flip side mother loving ten pound bag of organic carrots for 5 dollars. Perfectly washed, no dirt god drat what a deal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
praise be to costco

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Anton Chigurh posted:

booze got way more expensive cause the prices basically stayed the same but now there's a huge extra tax slapped on at the counter, it's admittedly a bit more convenient to not have to go to state run stores (that usually closed p early) but booze is prolly 20-30% more expensive now.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

binge crotching posted:

Some people hate it because the taxes are higher now too, but overall it's cheaper. The taxes do suck though.

I don't get how anyone says this, maybe the state store I hit up was special or something but the sticker price of a 5th stayed about the same before/after except now you get to pay an extra huge rear end flat volume tax on top of that. Particularly for 5ths that were like 10-20 bucks before the change they got way more expensive after.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Wanna take a moment to thank and salute the bones of this last Costco rotisserie chicken as I toss them over the fence on to the railroad tracks.

*bows*

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

costco isn't selling ling ling's potstickers right now and instead they have some chicken abomination.

this happened once before and there was no ling ling for a month. please costco, bring back ling ling.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ArbitraryC posted:

booze got way more expensive cause the prices basically stayed the same but now there's a huge extra tax slapped on at the counter, it's admittedly a bit more convenient to not have to go to state run stores (that usually closed p early) but booze is prolly 20-30% more expensive now.

I knew that was going to happen. I liked the state run stores because everywhere you go you can expect roughly the same price. Everyone always says "well now there will be competition and everything will get cheaper!!!" That is almost never the case anymore. Taxes or not the prices may drop at first to get people in the door but they will steadily climb like literally everything. Especially when an entire industry gets together.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I knew that was going to happen. I liked the state run stores because everywhere you go you can expect roughly the same price. Everyone always says "well now there will be competition and everything will get cheaper!!!" That is almost never the case anymore. Taxes or not the prices may drop at first to get people in the door but they will steadily climb like literally everything. Especially when an entire industry gets together.

It was so frustrating, it's like everybody turned into a libertarian for the one stupid bill. Free market competition will drive down the price! Privatizing is always the solution! *pays 25 dollars for 5th that was 20 just a week ago*, I sure do love capitalism.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is it worth getting either of costco's DSLR cameras like the nikon or cannon for the price? There's similar bundles on amazon with more accessories for not too much more.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I liked Washington's state run liquor stores, and I like Costco.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

ColoradoCleric posted:

Is it worth getting either of costco's DSLR cameras like the nikon or cannon for the price? There's similar bundles on amazon with more accessories for not too much more.

Eh, longer initial return period, and you get it in your grubby hands immediately.
Use the Costco visa and I think an extra year is tacked onto any warranties.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Bonzo posted:

Y'all need to get an Instant Pot.
Instant Pot: just as culty as Costco, lives up to the hype just as much. (Seriously get one.)

naem
May 29, 2011

I haven't used mine yet I don't want to explode

Is it hard to clean?

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

naem posted:

Is it hard to clean?
Not at all. If whatever's stuck to it doesn't scrub out easily, just run it with a couple cups of plain water for 5 minutes. Magic.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

spite house posted:

Instant Pot: just as culty as Costco, lives up to the hype just as much. (Seriously get one.)

i use both, problem solved... my instant pot is pretty much a bean cooker these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Spoondick posted:

i use both, problem solved... my instant pot is pretty much a bean cooker these days
I got one of the 25 pound bags o pinto beans from costco and use the instant pot to cook em all the time. Protip, pressure cook up some fresh stock in the pot, then pressure cook the beans in the stock, never go back to canned.