Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Elements is really great so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If it weren't for Jake, I just don't know how much more of this show I could handle.

I'm actually liking Elements a lot, mind you, but there have been so many episodes over the years that I've found lackluster that have been salvaged by Jake. He's probably been the most consistent character throughout every season.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
When was the last time CN advertised for this show? They'll show commercials for garbage like Ben 10 and whatever else forgettable shovelware that lasts for two weeks tops, but won't even give this thing a chance anymore? The ratings are going down because people have forgotten this show even exists.

On-topic, I wonder if they're ever going to update the standard AT intro. Because Finn has had a machine arm for awhile, and now there's demon Jake.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
they've made a few breif promos for the elements premiers and each of the DVD releases of the mini series get their own ads, but much of what little advertising Adventure Time gets nowadays is on social media

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

They'll ramp the advertising up again when we reach the final episodes. Sort of like Regular Show.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I've just given up trying to watch this on CN because I. AM NOT. A PSYCHIC.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Das Boo posted:

owned non psychic nerd.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Any word when Elements will be available on Amazon?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Sure, that happens to Jake, but Sweet Pea stays Sweet Pea :rolleyes:

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

The Merkinman posted:

Sure, that happens to Jake, but Sweet Pea stays Sweet Pea :rolleyes:

Actually his second horn regrows as well, so while he's Sweet Pea he's a little less so than before..

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Elements was very good, although I feel like the scientific practice of clamping powerful magic stuff to other magical stuff is probably highly untested.

It's really cool that out of a blown out volcanic wasteland, a frozen hellscape of infinite nighttime, and a toxic slime reservoir... Candy Kingdom was still the scariest. The scene with Treetrunks haunts me.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I think my favorite part of all of Elements is when Fire Wyatt is strangling Mr. Pig and Treetrunks is watching and clapping

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Das Boo posted:

For a show like this, who watches live TV anyway? Surely they're hurting themselves not making sure it's specifically an On Demand thing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Taear posted:

For a show like this, who watches live TV anyway? Surely they're hurting themselves not making sure it's specifically an On Demand thing.

Cartoon Network's streaming is honestly really bad, too, as far as reliability goes. At any time one of their shows will be delayed on one service for six days for no apparently reason. The last episode of Samurai Jack didn't show up on Google Play until six days after it aired on TV.

Mr. Mojangles
Dec 15, 2005

Did anyone else catch the reference to the Nickelodeon-pilot when Finn looked at the Snow Golem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzSH1KTVw68&t=32s
"Ice to meet you..."

I remember watching and showing everyone that pilot and freaking the gently caress out when I read that the show was picked up by Cartoon Network.

Mr. Mojangles fucked around with this message at 12:18 on May 11, 2017

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQHgZDuKtA

Do you spurn my fluids?!

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe

I only hear Mr. Meeseeks when listening to Lemongrab now.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
That's funny, I only hear Lemongrab when I see Meeseeks

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I only hear Mr Sprinkles any time I hear either of them.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Ive really been digging the mini series but i feel like the endings arent as satisfying as the intense buildup. but i understand its a kids show with limited episodes so... thats ok i suppose.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Yeah, the Deus Ex LSP happened so suddenly it really killed my story-based erection in favour of a quick resolution. But I'm not super fussed because it's still a good show at the end of the day.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=fpiFLqEKfX0

Weird choice, CN!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

it's kinda like how the season 2s of SU and UG were advertised as seasons 2 and 3 while the season 3s were advertised as seasons 4 and 5

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Ive really been digging the mini series but i feel like the endings arent as satisfying as the intense buildup. but i understand its a kids show with limited episodes so... thats ok i suppose.

I feel like it's the journey, not the destination, I didn't really get the sense it was building up? Maybe I'm just managing my expectations but I do like the bulk of the episodes so I reckon that's more important.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Very late but I finally got around to watching elements and man that really ruled pretty hard.

Also, whoever changed the thread title: good job!

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

So I'm caught up on elements and I didn't enjoy trading Jake for LSP, but otherwise quite liked the miniseries (actually all 3 of them so far!)

I guess LSP has always been shown to be infectious, so I wasn't too whiplashed by the finale.

More importantly to me, I want to see what they do with Jake and Sweet Pea now they they have had some subtle changes. We had that weird dream with BMO lich in Orb so that's something they've got to be building too.

Also, what's the over/under on a bit of resolution to Maja? They showed her in her coma not too long ago, any chance she'll play into the final couple of episodes?

Also, I'm kinda bummed that one of the last three episodes is a Fionna and Cake episode, they're not usually terrible, they just don't really add much unless I'm missing something.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Last couple of episodes? Do you know something I don't?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah there's still one entire season after this one ends.

Its three left for the season, not the series.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well they hosed around with what episodes are in what seasons after the fact so we're actually in the 9th and final season now, but I haven't read anything indicating how many episodes are actually left. Hopefully it's not just "I looked at how many eps were left on Wikipedia" or whatever and is actual definite info.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Nope, I definitely just looked at Wikipedia, and you guys are the ones who are correct. Thank goodness.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Adam Muto confirmed on his ask fm that the 5 episodes premiering this month are the last of season 8 production wise

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is lady Abracadaniel a pair of boobs?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

According to Adam Muto these were the last episodes produced for season 8 (looks like Three Buckets is the season finale). Just one unusually short season left after this.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Okay, so I dropped off of Adventure time somewhere around the point where Finn's dad had pissed off into space from space jail.

What the hell happened with this comet thing, and the giant lich baby and so on, anyone able to give me a good/quick round up of what the piss is going on. Also, what is going on with Jakes kids, they have kids of their own now?

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Josef bugman posted:

Okay, so I dropped off of Adventure time somewhere around the point where Finn's dad had pissed off into space from space jail.

What the hell happened with this comet thing, and the giant lich baby and so on, anyone able to give me a good/quick round up of what the piss is going on. Also, what is going on with Jakes kids, they have kids of their own now?

As far as the comet goes, as soon as it's about to hit, Finn and Jake go into space and tell it to go away and then it goes away.

This is literally my recollection of these events. It was loving lame.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

-Cosmic space god that took Finn's dad on vacation.

-Still a baby has two horns now, that's prob bad.

-yeah

finn has a grass twin, jake is an alien, finn's mom is the subject of a miniseries, show got good again.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Gunther turned out to be an amnesiac eldritch space demon named Orgalorg who wanted to absorb the comet's powers, he was defeated, the comet ended up opening up, and it's core recognized finn as the reincarnation of a previous comet. Finn and the comet talked, the comet offered finn the chance to ascend to a higher plane of existence, finn politely refused, and his dad took up the offer instead.

Oh and next weeks episodes have been released on CN's app

they're all good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Josef bugman posted:

Okay so here's a broad-strokes summary of the last two seasons or so.

The purple catalyst comet at the heart of season six is the third known to reach Ooo. One of them, a green one, unleashed the Lich when it landed. Another, in blue, lived a series of reincarnated lives, the latest of which is Finn.
As the comet approaches, Gunther slips into his old form of an ancient space tyrant called Orgalorg and attempts to eat the comet to gain its power. Finn and Jake take to the stars to stop him. They barely succeed, but only thanks to Finn's dad turning up at the last moment, riding a space moth that he had screwed over some innocent aliens to get. Finn talks to the comet, which offers him to abandon his live on Ooo and live a sort of eternal nirvana in the stars, free of worldly desires. Finn decides he quite likes the world, but Martin takes up the offer - he's burned so many bridges he can't really go back anywhere. Orgalorg returns to life as Gunther, also preferring life as a simple penguin and friend to the Ice King.

Jake's kids all continue developing their own lives. Viola becomes an actress, TV finally moves out of his mother's house and into his grandparents' house in the rainicorns' home dimension, and Charlie is some sort of spooky mystic. Kim Kil Wan has a wife and daughter (remember rainicorns grow up in a matter of days) and, naturally, she rebels against her very straight-laced dad (with Jake very actively not helping either of them).

Betty, the Ice King's girlfriend from back when he was Simon, continues studying magic in an attempt to find a cure for his condition. She meets up with Magic Man for some joint experiments which get messed up by Finn and Jake; as a result she inherits his magic and madness while Magic Man becomes Normal Man and returns to Mars.
The Ice King himself meanwhile unearths an ancient ice elemental called Patience St Pym, who believes Bubblegum, Flame Princess and Slime Princess are reincarnations of the other elementals she remembers from the past, and teaches them new powers.

Finn meets another human while adventuring with Susan - a scientist called Doctor Gross. She lets slip that there are other humans out there too, and in all the commotion the chip in Susan's skull is activated, which hijacks her body and attempts to capture Finn and take him somewhere. The chip is destroyed, but Finn and Susan (with Jake and Bmo) travel there on their own terms to find out what the deal is. There they find some isolated islands populated by what remains of humanity; Susan turns out to have originally come from there and been responsible for making sure no one else leaves. Finn also finds his mother there, a healer who uploaded her brain to a computer to better help and protect the citizens of the island. Martin came from these islands too - he was actually quite a loving father, but his past as a confidence trickster on the island caught up with him, and while hiding at sea with the infant Finn, his raft/boat got caught up in the tide and they were swept away.
Susan hooks up with an old friend/girlfriend from her old life and takes off.

When Finn and Jake return, they find that Ooo has been transformed by powerful elemental magic, split into four zones dominated by one of the four elements. The two of them, the Ice King, and Betty are the only people who managed to escape the transformation, but while working together to try to reverse it, Finn and Jake both lose themselves in the raw emotions of the elements, Betty steals their efforts to try (and fail) to cure the Ice King, and LSP eventually saves the day by being very grumpy at it. This miniseries ended up with Jake returning to his regular form - but not his yellow dog form; he now looks like the five-eyed monster that was his weird alien parent back in the Joshua & Margaret episode.

And that's where we are at.

• Locked thread