Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Job Seeker

Education: BA Computer Science

My Experience: 12 years help desk, support, Sysadmin, administering AWS instance, wrote macro code in VB for Word, code troubleshooting, jack of trades kind of deal.

What I'm looking for: Anything customer facing or admin support. Not choosey

What I'm NOT looking for: Part time or contract work.

Where I'm looking: SF, East Bay, CA, Remote preferable

When I can start ASAP

Requirements: Full time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Edit: filled

BigPaddy fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 18, 2017

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
I'll repost this since it's still open. If I missed a PM then sorry! I didn't see the e-mail come in (I've since updated my e-mail settings to a more checked address)

Hiring - Baltimore, MD - Systems Engineer

My employer is looking for another Systems Engineer for our Baltimore office. We're a media focused MSP/VAR. This is my current position and I do a wide variety of things in a pretty targeted field. Bulk of my work involves StorNext SANs and media asset management systems and I do a fair amount of project work (installing and configuring systems) though there is some helpdesk type work which is mainly responding to our current client requests via Salesforce! Experience with Linux (CentOS) is a plus as is experience with fibre switches. We just switched from QLogic to Brocade switches so all new installs will be using the brocade switches.

As far as travel is concerned: we have clients all over the country but a good chunk of them are on the east coast. I personally support the NYC area but travel to Philly and Baltimore occasionally. Travel and accommodations are taken care of by the company and any expenses will be reimbursed during a trip.

You can find a full description and application here: https://chesa.com/careers/systems-engineer/ and you can PM me with any questions.

Update:We're becoming an AWS Partner. So if you have cloud experience, especially with AWS and have related certs I'd say that's a pretty big thing. Pushing MAM systems to the cloud is something that is coming soon

We're also hiring a Business Development / Account Manager for our sales team. Info on that is here: https://chesa.com/careers/business-development-account-manager/ and does not have to be based in Baltimore. We just hired a couple of people out in LA and have a very active presence in NYC and Philadelphia metro areas. If you happen to be based in the Northeast that would be really cool because I'm trying to move back north and would love more opportunities up here.

pr0digal fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 10, 2017

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

FileNotFound posted:

Job Posting

~40minutes from Philadelphia during rush hour traffic.

Who We Are:
Monstrously large and growing asset management company that thinks it's a software company as much of what we provide is essentially SaaS.

What We Need:

An entry level Linux Sysadmin.
o A four-year degree specializing in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Solid understanding of Linux fundamentals.
o Programming experience in at least one of the following: Java, Python or Perl or shell scripting experience.
o Basic understanding of SQL

Why Work Here?
+Decent salary, bonuses, employee stock purchase program.
+Stable and growing company.
+Small friendly US team. The entire group is ~100 but you will be part of the Delaware team which is ~10 people.
+Good growth potential. You will interact with pretty much every single other IT group in the firm and have an understanding of their work; we are big on internal mobility.
+Follow the sun on-call schedule - we won't wake you up at 3am.
+You will get to work on a wide variety of technologies.
+You can have decent work/life balance if you just focus on the operational aspect of what we do.

Why NOT Work Here?
-On-Call Schedule yes it follows the sun, but if you're on call you absolutely have to be in the office 10am – 6pm during winter DST and 11am-7pm during the summer. Somebody does have to work holidays and weekends.
-This is an operations job supporting an overwhelmingly critical environment - doing 500 things right is overshadowed by a single mistake that causes an outage. Care and attention to detail is paramount - everyone makes mistakes but good luck explaining why you rm'd the wrong directory.
-This is mostly a support position; engineering projects come and go and won't fall into your lap on their own - but the bread and butter is tickets, phone calls and outage troubleshooting and other generally mundane sysadmin tasks.
-Much of what we support is in-house software, if you're just looking to build your resume, you won't score all that many keywords here.
-Work can totally take over your life if you get heavily into engineering or onboarding projects - and you'll need to if you want to move up.

Interested?
PM me or email agloukhoff+gmail and I will have HR reach out to you officially or provide even more detail.

Room for 1 more...

I'm still looking.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 25, 2018

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Job Seeker

Education: Some college

Experience: Over 12 years in IT supporting both corporate and small business clients. Tier 1-3 helpdesk, MSP NOC, and on site hardware troubleshooting with experience supporting specialized financial, pharmaceutical, and retail operations.

What I'm looking for : Admin support preferred, but customer facing is fine.

What I'm NOT looking for : Contract work or temp.

Where I live : Southern New Jersey, near Philadelphia.

Where I'm looking : Anywhere within a reasonable commuting distance, including within Philly itself.

When can I start : Immediately

Requirements : Full time, Permanent role with benefits.

Can be reached via: PM please

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

I just put this in the spreadsheet, but here it is in the thread as well:

Job Posting - Boston, MA - Sr. DevOps Engineer

My employer needs to fill out our dev ops team with some senior employees. Our preferred candidate has in depth experience with Docker and Kubernetes, as well as scripting languages (Python, Bash, Perl, JS, etc). You will be primarily focused on automation within the cloud. We mostly work in Google Cloud Platform but are also branching out into AWS, depending on client needs. You'll need solid fundamentals in CentOS/RHEL 7+, but anything Debian/Ubuntu can be a good starting point.

Perks, you ask? We have: Unlimited vacation policy, excellent benefits, 401k, fridge full of beer, and a baller-rear end office easily accessible by both MBTA and commuter rail. We're also a Google Cloud partner, so if you don't have GCP certs but want them, that can basically be comped for you.

If you're interested, check out our job posting at https://www.cambridgesemantics.com/devops-engineer or send me your resume at ian at cambridgesemantics dot com.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

edit: positions filled

BigPaddy fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 18, 2017

cliffy
Apr 12, 2002

Necronomicon posted:

I just put this in the spreadsheet, but here it is in the thread as well:

Job Posting - Boston, MA - Sr. DevOps Engineer

My employer needs to fill out our dev ops team with some senior employees. Our preferred candidate has in depth experience with Docker and Kubernetes, as well as scripting languages (Python, Bash, Perl, JS, etc). You will be primarily focused on automation within the cloud. We mostly work in Google Cloud Platform but are also branching out into AWS, depending on client needs. You'll need solid fundamentals in CentOS/RHEL 7+, but anything Debian/Ubuntu can be a good starting point.

Perks, you ask? We have: Unlimited vacation policy, excellent benefits, 401k, fridge full of beer, and a baller-rear end office easily accessible by both MBTA and commuter rail. We're also a Google Cloud partner, so if you don't have GCP certs but want them, that can basically be comped for you.

If you're interested, check out our job posting at https://www.cambridgesemantics.com/devops-engineer or send me your resume at ian at cambridgesemantics dot com.

Do you allow remote?

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Helping out a job seeker, who is also my wife.

Her experience: BS in Applied Physics with some graduate work. 2 years as a high school physics teacher. Certificate program in data science focusing in MS SQL Server, Access, and advanced Excel, also teaching in the same program now that she's finishing it up. Internship in data analysis/analytics, disparate data into DBs via OpenRefine and other tools. Resume available upon request.

What she's looking for: A data analyst/business analyst/SQL and or Excel-based data reporting job. She's really getting a kick out of SQL, query building, reporting, etc.

What she' NOT looking for: Commissioned sales, anything requiring travel, anything further than 15-20 minutes from Union, NJ.

Where she lives: Union, NJ

Where she's looking: Near NYC-area mass transit (Midtown, WTC/lower Manhattan near any PATH station, or within a reasonable driving distance of Union, NJ.

When she can start: Immediately

Requirements: Needs to be OK with occasional short-notice remote work due to an ADA-accommodated disability (a basic laptop with VPN will do the trick). No need for health insurance/benefits/etc., we get that through my job.

Can be reached via: PM me, I'll get you in touch with her.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
JOB POSTING - Chicago, IL - Data Engineer

My employer, Ipsos, is a global market research company with presence in 86 countries. Our focus is the production, interpretation, and distribution of information gathered from individuals about their opinions, desires, attitudes, and behaviors. We collect, correlate, harmonize, and analyze structured and unstructured data collected using various methodologies across the digital and traditional channels. We provide valuable markets insights and intelligence to our clients in the areas of Marketing, Advertising, Media, Loyalty, and Public Affairs.

Ipsos is looking to hire a Data Engineer who will be responsible for all end-to-end data preparation, transformation, integration, conversion, and other data-related processes. This position requires superior MS SQL Server development skills along with technical acumen and collaboration skills. We are looking for individuals who are highly logical and creative in their approach to MS SQL Server development, who have experience making technical decisions, and who have ability to "think outside the box".

While experience with the specific technologies we use (.Net, MS SQL Server) is important, we are equally interested in general application architecture and design competency. We are mainly working in a Microsoft environment and do most of our work in C#, ASP.NET, and MS SQL Server. Our technologists are involved in all aspects of project lifecycle, working closely with the business community, and with members of other technical disciplines (Architecture, PM, BA, QA) from project inception to transition. We value well-rounded individuals who bring a mix of hard technical skills, structured problem solving methodology, peripheral vision, and interpersonal skills to the table.

RESPONSIBILITIES
  • Assist in the development of and continuously improve best software engineering practices.
  • Assist with the design and quality delivery of solutions.
  • Consistent on-time delivery of technical solutions.
  • Ongoing communication and escalation of status and issues.
  • Contribute to overall product documentation including flows, architecture diagrams, runbook, etc.
  • Develop, configure, and deploy SSIS Packages
  • Design, build, test, and deploy custom SQL stored procedures
  • Participate in relational and multi-dimensional database designs.
  • Optimize query performance through the use of MS SQL best practices, indexes, code optimization, design optimization, database settings, etc.
  • Detect and troubleshoot MS SQL Server process issues and failures.
  • Act as the lead on data migration initiatives.
  • Build additional database import and export modules/routines as necessary.
  • Support database security initiatives.
  • Create functional and technical specifications in support of all work done.
  • Design, build, test, and deploy end-to-end controls to ensure that data repositories are 100% complete and accurate.
  • Contribute to required naming, coding, and documentation standards.

EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES / CAPABILITIES
  • 3-4 years professional experience in MS SQL Server development.
  • Strong internal/external communication and collaboration skills.
  • Demonstrated ability take charge and get things done.
  • Highly intelligent, self-driven individual with high degree of common sense.
  • Ability to work in a sometimes stressful environment handling multiple projects and timelines.
  • Maturity in character is a must.
  • Open minded with problem solving skills.
  • Strong computer science fundamentals.
  • Well-versed in current technologies.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Fluent in English.
  • Ability to produce technical documentation or general documents on projects.
  • Prior hands-on experience with Microsoft technologies with SQL Server Development a must-have.
  • Team first attitude and work ethic.
  • Innovative thinker.
  • Ability to function as a thought leader.
  • Able to make calculated risks.
  • Sound decision maker.
  • Is proactive, takes the initiative.
  • Experience with MS SSRS, SSAS a huge plus.
  • Extensive experience with MS SSIS is mandatory.
  • MS SQL Server certifications a huge plus, but not required with demonstrated ability.
  • Strong background in data modeling, information architecture.
  • Strong background in MS SQL Server query performance tuning and optimization.
  • Strong background in ETL, integration, and data conversion.

Our office is located in Chicago in the West Loop, right above Union Station overlooking the Chicago River. If you're interested, send me a PM and I will submit your resume to the proper people.

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta

Eli Wiggum posted:

JOB POSTING - Chicago, IL - Data Engineer

A friend of mine is interested. I don't have PM, how would you like me to send you his resume?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mouse Cadet posted:

A friend of mine is interested. I don't have PM, how would you like me to send you his resume?
Shoot me an email to iospradhan at gmail dot com :)

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta

Eli Wiggum posted:

Shoot me an email to iospradhan at gmail dot com :)

You should be getting an email soon.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

cliffy posted:

Do you allow remote?

For this particular job posting, unfortunately no.

Mindisgone
May 18, 2011

Yeah, well you know...
That's just like, your opinion man.
Job Seeker

Education: some college credits (why the gently caress did i go for prepharmacy)

My Experience: over 10 years help desk, support, Sysadmin,
about 3 years Java development using the Spring framework (v4 , annotations YAY!) with hibernate as the orm, Mysql
(all dev skills are self taught)

What I'm looking for: Anything backend java, prefer to work with spring, not picky, willing to learn

What I'm NOT looking for: helpdesk

Where I'm looking: Long Island NY, prefer remote

When I can start ASAP

Requirements: health benefits

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Job Seeker

Education - Self-taught. Some college with a degree in political science but did not graduate.

Experience - Presently a generic Azure IaaS and Azure AD Consult but overall I've been in IT for over a decade from basic help desk, managing hundreds of VMs or prickly internal applications.

I'm also able to do things the come along it such as basic to intermediate experience with Windows Server (AD, ADFS, Hyper-V etc.) VMware and HP/IBM/Lenovo Hardware. I can even push it a little further with some AS/400 or IBMi Administration, Linux and SharePoint.

And basic bash, batch and Powershell Scripting.

What I'm not looking for - Any position where I have to "look" busy or Helldesk. Would prefer to perform work in production environments and not just sell or demo products.

Where I'm looking - LA, San Fran, Portland, Minneapolis, San Antonio, New Jersey or basically big metro areas with things to do.

When can I start - After August. I enjoy my current position but I'm testing the waters for the future.

Requirements - Market rate with good benefits specifically health insurance. Open to travel.

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 25, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

Tab8715 posted:

Job Seeker

Education - Self-taught. Some college with a degree in political science but did not graduate.

Experience - Presently a generic Azure IaaS and Azure AD Consult but overall I've been in IT for over a decade from basic help desk, managing hundreds of VMs or prickly internal applications.

I'm also able to do things the come along it such as basic to intermediate experience with Windows Server (AD, ADFS, Hyper-V etc.) VMware and HP/IBM/Lenovo Hardware. I can even push it a little further with some AS/400 or IBMi Administration, Linux and SharePoint.

And basic bash, batch and Powershell Scripting.

What I'm not looking for - Any position where I have to "look" busy or Helldesk. Would prefer to perform work in production environments and not just sell or demo products.

Where I'm looking - LA, San Fran, Portland, Minneapolis, San Antonio, New Jersey or basically big metro areas with things to do.

When can I start - After August. I enjoy my current position but I'm testing the waters for the future.

Requirements - Market rate with good benefits specifically health insurance. Open to travel.

Check your PMs.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Job Seeker

Education - Self-taught, ~6 years of undergrad mostly in architecture–but not an architect.

Experience - ~3.5 yrs of professional experience shipping Python mostly on the web, but also a bit of hardware stuff.

My first job involved mostly writing Python to interface with hardware (micrometers, sensors of many kinds, 3D printers). I additionally wrote/took ownership of some internal tools in Django/Flask that were all small-scale and never actually deployed anywhere.

At my current job I have designed and implemented a super specific and weird image diffing algorithm, helped bring our main app and infrastructure into HIPAA compliance, designed and documented our team's coding and testing standards (happy to say we have gone from literally 0% coverage of hundreds of thousands of lines of code to about 35% in a year!), co-authored the companies first service which teased all file storage/retrieval operations out of our ~8 year old Django monolith to more easily facilitate HIPAA compliance stuff, and most recently have been building a service to redact audio from calls while (slowly) working to write the first batch of functional tests to take some load off of our one poor QA employee who is now pregnant in addition to overworked.

In my spare time I've been learning some Elixir, mostly because I wanted to give functional programming a go, but also because the BEAM is cool as hell. I've been working on building a miniature robotic zen garden whose rake is controlled by Twitch chat. I've got motor control working via a raspberry pi and some stepper controllers, working now on building the chat parser in Elixir.

Where I'm looking - NYC/Brooklyn/Remote

What I'm Looking For - Super open to working remotely, have plenty of experience doing so (including with globally distributed teams). Bonus points if your company is doing something cool and/or you are NASA. Reasonably language agnostic (see below), but wouldn't mind taking a stab at doing some FP stuff professionally as long as you don't mind my taking an extra minute to get up to speed.

What I'm not looking for - Ideally I will never write a single line of Javascript at my next job. Additionally, if you are located somewhere that requires me to take PATH, NJ Transit, or Amtrak I'm going to have to decline. Been doing a 4hr commute every Monday for almost 2 years now, would like to switch it up. That said, I don't mind occasional travel. If you have an office I can go to in NYC, or are a remote shop, but a few times a year you need me to fly to CA or China or something that's no big deal.

When can I start - Julyish I suppose.

Requirements - Solid salary, a place that respects 40 hour work weeks, normal FT benefits and, most importantly, good coworkers–specifically ones who are nice and cool people (like me!).

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Job Seeker

Education - Associate's in Business Administration, and a transfer degree.

Experience - 7 years working in IT, about 4-5 as a mostly Windows junior sysadmin. Used various imaging technologies, ESXi and Hyper-V virtualization, and worked mostly in small shops, or places where I doubled as helpdesk/tier 2 support (or both).
Basically, I'm a generalist - not overly impressive. I've most recently rolled out a Windows 10 image to my supported machines at a law firm using MDT and WSUS. Dabbled in Mac/Linux stuff and can hold my own. I'm quite good at explaining technical things to non-technical people.

Where I'm looking: Portland, Washington DC, remote?

What I'm looking for: A place I can grow, or have some path to be promoted. Or to be thrust into situations where I will need to learn or sink.

What I'm not looking for: To be pigeonholed into one technology, but that's not a hard limitation.

When can I start? Somewhere around mid-July, or sooner if it's in Portland proper.

Requirements: Room for growth, and willingness to assist with certifications.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Job Seeker

Education - BS in Computer Science, Professional Scrum Master I (working on II), scheduled my exam for AWS solution architect associate cert

Experience - Six years of software engineering experience. 4 or so years as a developer, some of those years in a management consulting role. Most recently I've been helping financial institutions through data center migrations to various cloud environments - chiefly, private clouds running on converged infrastructure or in AWS specifically. This includes architecting applications to take advantage of new infrastructure, as well as changing business and IT processes to move to true "IaaS."

Where I'm looking - Chicago/Remote/Travel. Currently doing the consultant Mon-Thur thing, so I can keep that going.

What I'm Looking For - any of the titles "application architect," "solution architect," or "pre-sales engineer" (or just "Consultant"). The common thread would be roles that interface with "the business" and involved in strategic decision making.

What I'm not looking for - the title "developer"

When can I start - Any time after the first week of July, plus the customary two week notice

Requirements - full time, standard benefits

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Anyone looking for a role as a C++ developer with experience in the SDLC process? If you have QA/testing experience, that's a huge plus too. Job's located in Paramus, NJ, 3ish years of experience preferred. Bachelor degree a plus but not required. Paying around $85k.

I'm helping a recruiter who's helped me a lot and is very good to his candidates. Let me know if you're interested.

Edit:

My job just canned our helpdesk/desktop support guy, so if you want to work with a goon at a major radio station in Manhattan, and you're familiar with MS Office 2010 or newer, Windows 7 desktops, some SCCM client stuff (not required, but good to have), standard AD password reset stuff, and basic everyday PC desktop troubleshooting with some Mac experience, hit me up. We aren't officially hiring yet and I don't know when we will be, but I want to have a few resumes ready to hand off to my boss.

Hourly with OT over 40 hours, decent paid holiday schedules, very laid-back environment (no dress code), decent perks (sports and concert tickets), and probably the single most supportive and chill manager you'll ever have (my boss, not me) it's a great place to be. I'll also help you get certed up, include you on sysadmin stuff, and other things.

We're located in the West Village, steps away from the 1 train West Houston stop and a five-minute walk from Christopher Street PATH.

MJP fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 9, 2017

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004
JOB POSTING

Genius Sports is hiring DevOps and WinOps engineers in Los Angeles, Vilnius and London,
Also talk to me if you're interested in a similar position in Sofia or Medellin

We are also looking for an Information Security Engineer anywhere in Europe- this can be a remote role.

cultureulterior fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 13, 2017

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
Job Seeker

Education - BS in Telecommunications

Experience - Two years application support. Nominally I only supported the company's software, but in practical terms I did everything from Exchange to AD to Office to networking. Did a lot of QA, tier 2 support, taking calls no one else would take and fixing them. Wrote lots of documentation and trained new hires as well.

Where I'm looking - Chicago area.

What I'm Looking For - The same but moreso. QA, escalation/upper tier support, operations/administration. I'm pretty open.

What I'm not looking for - Helpdesk/level 1 support

When can I start - Pretty much as soon as I give notice

Requirements - full time, standard benefits, more than I'm making now. Travel is fine.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

cultureulterior posted:

JOB POSTING

Genius Sports is hiring DevOps and WinOps engineers in Los Angeles, Vilnius and London,
Also talk to me if you're interested in a similar position in Sofia or Medellin

We are also looking for an Information Security Engineer anywhere in Europe- this can be a remote role.

Sent you a PM

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Job Seeker

I've been working at a development job since getting my degree, and while I really like my current company and work with some great people, I don't think development is a good fit for me long-term. I really miss doing more hands-on IT work and am getting bored in my current position just writing code.

Education - BS in Computer Science

Experience - 4 years desktop support, 2 years software development

Where I'm looking - Richmond, VA or Remote

What I'm looking for - Ideally linux administration, open to DevOps-type positions - but I'm not super picky

What I'm NOT looking for - Help desk, Development

When I can start - After 2 weeks notice to current employer

Requirements - Full time w/ benefits

Contact - PM

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Back on the job hunt.

I've spent the last two years in Benefits focused EDI/Data Flow, Transformation, and Integration, and I'd love to reuse the same skills elsewhere.

Education: B.S. in Information Technology

Experience:
3 years datacenter event monitoring (eventually rising to leadership) (Technical Analyst and later Lead Analyst)
3 years Saas software requirements analysis, configuration, and production promotion (Configuration Specialist)
2+ years Software EDI Quality Assurance Specialist

Where: Flexible. Currently in Florida. Remote a plus, have long history of doing it successfully.

What I'm looking for: Would love to continue applying the work flow, data, and integration knowledge.

What I'm not
: Help desk, programmer (amateur at best)

When: Two weeks.

Reqs: Full time, benefits.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

:yotj: !!!

SamDabbers fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 26, 2018

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Trying to paying this forward, way back in 2012 I contacted the OP and begged for a job, he forwarded my resume to his supervisor and I'm still here. We've recently been bought up by a larger company and organizationally we're still in a bit of flux, but overall I think this is still a pretty good place to work.

We're an internet security company that does PKI, transaction verification, smart credential IDs, etc. These current openings are more for our hosted services so not exactly what I do, but a neighboring department. We also have another office in Ottawa but I don't see any Support jobs listed there right now.

Tech support in Dallas
Two, actually

Overall I'd say the pay and benefits are decent and management (at least on the Entrust side) are reasonable. These positions are more like server admins than what I do, but occasionally our teams do coordinate, and we keep losing people out of support who transfer over to this team so they must be doing something right...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

How hard of a demand is the degree? I hit most of the wants aside from experience with Entrust products.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I can ask someone in HR if college is an absolute requirement or if some combination of experience and certifications could cover it. I'll post again tomorrow if I hear back from someone.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

How hard of a demand is the degree? I hit most of the wants aside from experience with Entrust products.

HR says degree is preferred but not required if you've got the experience to cover it, she said go ahead and apply for one of those positions. If you can give me a name she said she'd look for you and bump you up the interview list if possible. If you don't want to post it here you can email me at 77777thatsfivesevens AT gmail.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Awesome, thanks. I'll go ahead and work on drafting an application and email you either today or tomorrow.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Closed

BigPaddy fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 31, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

HIRING

Company
Crane operator certification company (details to be kept private except to hires, to keep the identity of my workplace protected). We're accredited by the NCCA and recognized by federal OSHA, basically the DMV for crane operators.

Orlando, FL area

Job

We're implementing electronic scoring for our practical exams. It's going to be web-based with server-side scoring (to allow user authentication and keep someone from just going in the source code and pulling the scoring rubric out). The actual scoring rubric is kept private, with the results simply showing a pass or fail. The results are emailed upon completion to both the examiner (via their login to the system) and a company email that acts as a repository for the scores.

Unfortunately none of us here know enough about scripting to get this turned around in a timely fashion, so we're looking for someone who can do it. We have someone who can build the website, so unless they give up on the job you won't need to build the site with HTML or anything. If that other person can't do it for whatever reason, you may be asked if you can do it.

It's a simple job and pretty bare bones. The job posting is for this single job, with the possibility of contacting you for future work or tech support on the system if necessary.

Experience

It's not a complicated task, so we'd like just 2 or 3 years experience minimum in your scripting language. No degree is necessary, but we do need a resume.

Contact

Send me a PM to get my work email address.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

HIRING

Company

Development company (building, not software). Contact me for more details, explaining more would make it too easy to doxx me. It's not a hip ~*disruptive*~ environment, but it's cheerful, sunny, you'll have a great view of the Flatirons all day, and we have a latte machine.

Denver (specifically Broomfield).

Job

ERP support, maybe some backend SQL. My manager will decide how much of the backend work will be given to you on a case by case basis. The primary aspect will be supporting our ERP system (Think MS Dynamics / Oracle). Since I don't know you and can't vouch for your work, it will be C2H (health insurance available).

If you become permanent, the benefits are fantastic. Amazing health coverage, PPO or HDHP with an HSA contribution on the HDHP. Dental and vision, 6% 401(k) match, 4 weeks PTO, 10 holidays, either a company phone or a phone stipend, and a partial reimbursement on purchase of a new phone if you use it for work. $3000 reimbursement on the purchase of a green car. Free RTD pass, $20 monthly gym/fitness reimbursement, plus an on-site gym. I know I'm forgetting other stuff. It's really great.

I can't guarantee a permanent position, but dear lord do we need someone doing this permanently. I would be very surprised if it didn't end up being permanent.

Experience

Some basic experience with SQL (Joins, mostly). Basic experience supporting an ERP system. You probably won't have experience with this particular one, so they expect you to need to learn. I knew next to nothing coming in and have done great, but my manager may be more strict this time. We had someone for two weeks that really didn't work out, and we want to avoid the trouble of that again.

Contact
Preferably PM me. If you don't have PMs, send an email to EargesplittenSA@yahoo.com and let me know here. I never check that email.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 31, 2017

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k

Sepist fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 16, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Takes No Damage posted:

Trying to paying this forward, way back in 2012 I contacted the OP and begged for a job, he forwarded my resume to his supervisor and I'm still here. We've recently been bought up by a larger company and organizationally we're still in a bit of flux, but overall I think this is still a pretty good place to work.

We're an internet security company that does PKI, transaction verification, smart credential IDs, etc. These current openings are more for our hosted services so not exactly what I do, but a neighboring department. We also have another office in Ottawa but I don't see any Support jobs listed there right now.

Tech support in Dallas
Two, actually

Overall I'd say the pay and benefits are decent and management (at least on the Entrust side) are reasonable. These positions are more like server admins than what I do, but occasionally our teams do coordinate, and we keep losing people out of support who transfer over to this team so they must be doing something right...

Did I catch this post too late, or am I in time to try my luck?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Job Seeker

Education - BS in Computer Science

Experience - Four years Quality Engineering experience on a variety of first- and third-party projects, including tool support and reporting tools for the status of testing and test development. Two years Quality Assurance / General Development on a java-based contract management system. Primary skills include Python development, moderate SQL, some HTML / Javascript development. Familiar with development on Linux and Solaris platforms. Knowledge of OpenStack, Puppet, MySQL, Sqlite, and Flask.

Where I'm looking - Primarily the Denver area, but open to relocation to anywhere for the right position / pay. Prefer areas not in the north-east.

What I'm Looking For - Development work (either test suite or standard project development is fine), particularly interested in continuous integration and support tools.

What I'm not looking for - Manual test suite execution (fine if part of duties, not fine if its the sole duty). No overseas travel unless its an unusual occurrence. Government contracting only considered under certain circumstances.

When can I start - Currently, as soon as I give notice and (if necessary) relocation completed.

Requirements - Full time, standard benefits, commensurate pay to my current position + adjustments for cost of living depending on area. Prefer flexible working hours, but not required.

Contact - PM

Hoohah fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 4, 2017

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

FileNotFound posted:

Job Posting

~40minutes from Philadelphia during rush hour traffic.

Who We Are:
Monstrously large and growing asset management company that thinks it's a software company as much of what we provide is essentially SaaS.

What We Need:
Two open slots:

An entry level Linux Sysadmin.
o A four-year degree specializing in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Solid understanding of Linux fundamentals.
o Programming experience in at least one of the following: Java, Python or Perl or shell scripting experience.
o Basic understanding of SQL

A mid-level Linux Sysadmin.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in creating technical documentation.
o Solid understanding of RHEL
o Experience in programming configuration management and automation.
o Experience with messaging technologies such as WebSphere MQ, SWIFT or FIX is desirable.
o Familiarity with planning and executing DRs, migrations etc
o Strong leadership and troubleshooting skills - you must be able to take charge and lead during an outage.

Why Work Here?
+Decent salary, bonuses, employee stock purchase program.
+Stable and growing company.
+Small friendly US team. The entire group is ~80 but you will be part of the Delaware team which is ~10 people.
+Good growth potential. You will interact with pretty much every single other IT group in the firm and have an understanding of their work; we are big on internal mobility.
+Follow the sun on-call schedule - we won't wake you up at 3am.
+You will get to work on a wide variety of technologies.
+You can have decent work/life balance if you just focus on the operational aspect of what we do.

Why NOT Work Here?
-On-Call Schedule yes it follows the sun, but if you're on call you absolutely have to be in the office 10am – 6pm during winter DST and 11am-7pm during the summer. Somebody does have to work holidays and weekends.
-This is an operations job supporting an overwhelmingly critical environment - doing 500 things right is overshadowed by a single mistake that causes an outage. Care and attention to detail is paramount - everyone makes mistakes but good luck explaining why you rm'd the wrong directory.
-This is mostly a support position; engineering projects come and go and won't fall into your lap on their own - but the bread and butter is tickets, phone calls and outage troubleshooting and other generally mundane sysadmin tasks.
-Much of what we support is in-house software, if you're just looking to build your resume, you won't score all that many keywords here.
-Work can totally take over your life if you get heavily into engineering or onboarding projects - and you'll need to if you want to move up.

Interested?
PM me or email agloukhoff@gmail.com and I will have HR reach out to you officially or provide even more detail.

We hired 1, need to hire another yet again cause we keep growing and growing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
Company

Tibco Software Inc. which is a really big company with many different product groups, this position is with Mashery.

Seattle, Boston, and Bay area but remote is also possible.

What We're looking for

Tier 1-3 Cloud Ops Engineers

We're growing our Cloud Ops team and are looking for people who have experience related to DevOps practices, automation, and cloud (primarily AWS). While the position linked is in the Boston area we're pretty flexible with the location as we've got offices all over the country, plus we have multiple open positions and if you've got the skills we're pretty okay with you working remotely.

The job description has some more details, it's very corporatey sounding but the actual team definitely isn't.

https://www.hirebridge.com/v3/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?cid=7167&jid=453657&locvalue=1141&m=0

https://www.hirebridge.com/v3/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?cid=7167&jid=454744&locvalue=1141&m=0#.WYuBjojyvmH

https://www.hirebridge.com/v3/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?cid=7167&jid=454748&locvalue=1141&m=0#.WYuBnYjyvmH

PM or email me at aosman@tibco.com if you're interested and we'll get an interview setup.

Ashex fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 10, 2017