Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Note on the two remaining seraphim:

1. They are not a melee unit. They have two inferno pistols and the talents to dual wield them.

2. They have a special rule that allows them to disengage as a half action and move a half move in addition to the usual full action/full move. So if you do get into melee and don't kill them, they will move 3 meters away and point blank shot you with two melta weapons.

Plan your engagement strategy wisely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Werix posted:

Note on the two remaining seraphim:

1. They are not a melee unit. They have two inferno pistols and the talents to dual wield them.

2. They have a special rule that allows them to disengage as a half action and move a half move in addition to the usual full action/full move. So if you do get into melee and don't kill them, they will move 3 meters away and point blank shot you with two melta weapons.

Plan your engagement strategy wisely.

This is good information to know :stonk:

edit: man, I just realized I think I've been forgetting to take into account Adriot (WS).

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 24, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Will try to post this week, but rehearsal for the community theater play I'm in is every night this week, performances are Friday through Sunday, and I will have family in town at my housr this coming weekend here to see the play.

So if I can't get to a post, know updates will occur next week after the 13th.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
So, how does the reward interact with the current equipment (Collar of Khorne) I have? Do I gain both of the effects or do I lose the equipment? They are very similar, but the equipment doesn't require infamy to use and also affects force weapons (but doesn't give the Blood God's Contempt talent).

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

So, how does the reward interact with the current equipment (Collar of Khorne) I have? Do I gain both of the effects or do I lose the equipment? They are very similar, but the equipment doesn't require infamy to use and also affects force weapons (but doesn't give the Blood God's Contempt talent).

Uh, they mutated into one super collar of khorne.

Enjoy being some strange S&M icon I guess.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Can I turn my demonic plasma gun into a demonette minion with a plasmagun? (Jailbreaking will have occurred) I still haven't filled Trixie's old minion slot (Jeanette is a new minion slot)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

Can I turn my demonic plasma gun into a demonette minion with a plasmagun? (Jailbreaking will have occurred) I still haven't filled Trixie's old minion slot (Jeanette is a new minion slot)

You can make yourself a daemon minion and if they can have use a plasma gun great!

On the flip side, you can try to intentionally expel the daemon from the pistol. It won't be a minion, but an ally since it was a gift as opposed to a daemon trapped against its will.

Plus if you're lucky you can even get a rune plasma pistol out of it!

Okay, so consensus seems to be you want to go with the dark eldar. Poor khorne daemon prince and his necron allies will continue to get no love.

Update likely to come next week, since I'm busy this weekend. It will require a very difficult tech use repair test to repair the jerry rigged distress beacon the eldar stowaway built.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Going to post tonight, but want to be sure on viva's TN. 50 int + 20 tech use + 20 combitool + 10 MIU +10 corvax RT +10 Dash aid = 120 - 50 test DC = 70. That about right?

Also, anyone got anything to change the message, or you going to let the distress message play and be ready for a fight?

And Olanphonia, you can easily scrounge up Volcens the plasma gun marine from the last time the Dark Eldar hosed up the ship. He's your head of ship board security now.

You actually can have a 6 man armsmen NPC squad with you at all times with IG stats since Volcens took over. No one actually asked about them on the last mission. Unless someone says "we bring the armsmen " I'm just leaving them behind.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, assuming that TN is right and no one is going to change the message. Update tonight or tomorrow, with some Dark Eldar coming in full force in response to a message saying "I've disabled their ship, come slaughter these mon'keigh."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

One of my Major Minion slots is open, can I recruit one of the praetorians for the dungeon crawl? (whether he/it dies or not I'll dump him once/if we get back.)

Barring that, can I recruit one of Draeven's weirdos?

Thirdly, Jeanette is ordered to sit this one out, she isn't really combat survivable like Lucretia. Since she's a superior minion I'll dump 500 exp when I get back to get her Forbidden Lore and Linguistics Elfdar

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 6, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

imgay

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

One of my Major Minion slots is open, can I recruit one of the praetorians for the dungeon crawl? (whether he/it dies or not I'll dump him once/if we get back.)

Barring that, can I recruit one of Draeven's weirdos?

Thirdly, Jeanette is ordered to sit this one out, she isn't really combat survivable like Lucretia. Since she's a superior minion I'll dump 500 exp when I get back to get her Forbidden Lore and Linguistics Elfdar

That might be a bit much. The Praetorians are the enforcers of the Necron codes that never even went to bed for the Long Sleep.

Maybe a Necron warrior level (warrior, deathmark, etc) after you've proven yourselves after this adventure.

Sure grab a weirdo though.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Could it be flavored and/or maybe run as a liaison the Lord sends with us to ensure we complete the mission?

Edit: I mean assuming it isn't overpowered af

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 7, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Nah, I got something in mind, I'll stat up shortly. Some sort of high end looter logistics expert to help us kill the locals and steal their stuff.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

This started as a tech priest but I didn't want to step on viva's toes.

pre:
Misha Hernandez - Explorer, looter, raider
Cold Trader and part of the assorted scum that's drifted into Draevan's war band recently, Misha has proved himself 
useful when it comes to obscure technology. He's taken advantage of the unusual alliance between the daemon prince
and the praetorians to learn as much as possible about their inscrutable technomagic.

Stats:
WS  26-5=21
BS  38+5=43
STR 35-5=30
TOU 30
AGI 36
INT 37+5=42
PER 34
WIL 29
FEL 24

Skills: 
Awareness
Parry
Dodge+10
FL Necrons
FL Archeotech
Stealth
Navigation
Techuse

Talents:
Combat Formation
Jaded
Infused Knowledge
Lightning Reflexes
Marksman
Mighty Shot
Quickdraw
Rapid Reload
Step Aside
WT (Melta,Bolter)

Traits:

flyer 6 (jetpack)
Dark sight (power armor)
Unnatural senses (power armor)
Unnatural Int 4
Unnatural Per 4
Unnatural BS 4

Weapons:
Meltagun
Bolter

Armor:
Power armor Ap 8
-Osmatic Gill
-Vox Link
-Sustainable Power Source

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 7, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

idgaf play who you want homie

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Okay.

I'll have a post and acquisitions/exp purchases I forgot from last time, etc, up tomorrow after work.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Post will be incoming this weekend most likely. I'm away at a training Tuesday through Thursday night. I'll be bringing my personal lap top, but I might not have the time in the evenings to update.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Gotcha. Sorry about the delay on my side.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
May 18, 2013 8:58 AM

Holy gently caress guys, this game has been going for four loving years, which is just mind boggling. Some of you have been here from the beginning some of you are rather new, but either way I am still amazed that on a dumb dying internet forum something like this can remain going, especially when so many other games have come and gone in that time.

Typically I give you guys an award every anniversary. EXP, influence, last year was that bitching pistol. This year, I have two gifts for you!

The first gift is a much requested house rule related to Corruption based daemon weapons, which impacts two of you. There are some complaints about getting the gift too early on and being stuck with a weak daemon, or something. So, here is how it works.

quote:

First, your daemon increases in strength over time. Or more accurately, as you increase in infamy, more impressive daemons wish to be bound to your weapons. Here are the following Infamy tiers: Tier 1: 25 infamy and less, Tier 2: 25-50, Tier 3: 50-75 Tier 4: 75+

At each Tier, the Daemon has a certain WP, since that is really all that matters mechanically for its power. Each weapon will always have a binding strength of 1, so the number of daemonic powers is in parens. Here is the WP at the different tiers:

Tier 1: 30WP(2) Tier 2: 40WP(3) Tier 3 50WP(4) Tier 4 60WP(5)

Also, every time you hit a new Infamy 10 point threshold, you may switch the daemon into another weapon you have. The previous weapon becomes normal, unless the daemon was in there for two thresholds, then the weapon becomes a rune weapon, so sometimes its worth keeping a daemon in there awhile.

Those of you with daemon weapons (i think Vincent and Dash) may go ahead and both upgrade your daemon's willpowers if they are below the above, and move them to another weapon you have.

All of the above ONLY applies to daemon weapons you get through a Gift of the Gods. Any other daemon weapon you find or make follows normal rules.

As for gift number two. some Scrappers on iocanthos recovered the wreck of something at a destroyed Sister's of Battle Monastery, salvaged it, and now return it to its proper owners:

Under weapons, it has instead the following:

2 Pilot-operated Twinlinked Heavy stubbers: facing front, Range 120M (2 AU) Heavy, -/-/8, 1d10+5I Pen: 3, ClP 500, Rld: 2full Spcl: Twin-linked
1 Gunner-Operated Long-Barreled Autocannon: Facing Front, Range 450m (5 AU) heavy, s/2/5 4d10+5I, Pen: 6, Clp 500, Rld: 2full

The ship also has two forward facing weapon mounts (one under each wing) that can have something installed later.

Also on each side of the guncutter is a door that can be opened, and each door has a mount for man(or astartes)-portable heavy weapons. One faces left, one right. A player may take 2 turns Plus reload to mount/unmount any heavy weapon to the mounts. The weapon's stats stay the same except the clip size increases x4 as the weapon is now feeding from internal magazines/power supply. The mounts can only be used in low atmosphere (you can't open doors in space/high altitude) and any gunners using them can be targeted by called shots.

The guncutter is back from the dead. She'll be waiting for you on the Sovereign after your Necron excursion. I'm going to be more free with it's use, but this also allows me to throw hell drakes at you now, so don't abuse it.

:toot:Thanks for the past four years, and here is to four more.:toot:

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Aww! Here's to the GM who made it all possible! :parrot:

Thanks for being so great about updates and for being flexible when we all have life issues come up. You the real MVP

Man, just realized when we started this game I wasn't married and hadn't even started my grad program. Time flies!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

Aww! Here's to the GM who made it all possible! :parrot:

Thanks for being so great about updates and for being flexible when we all have life issues come up. You the real MVP

Man, just realized when we started this game I wasn't married and hadn't even started my grad program. Time flies!

Why thanks.

And really, I'm great about updates? I thought my standard once a weekish rate was too damned slow, but I guess slow and steady sometimes wins the race.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
You're a hell of a lot better about updates than I am, which counts for something.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I'll have a post up tomorrow afternoon, sorry for the delay.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

I'll have a post up tomorrow afternoon, sorry for the delay.

No problem. I've been so busy this week I hadn't checked the thread, I thought you already posted and I was being neglectful.

It is highly likely I won't get a post in this week or maybe next.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Repeat for most of you in my other game but:

Just a heads up, I'll try to post this week, but I'm doing a community theater play this weekend, so every night this week is full dress rehearsal. It'll mean a lot of "late" nights where I'll probably be too exhausted to give a proper update.

I appreciate your patience. Worst case scenario, expect an update next Tuesday at the latest hopefully.

I apologize in advance.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

<~Dyne> lol, just lol if ur bettering urself rather than running games on the internet

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Can I use my jetpack to break melee contact with the swarm and if so would I need to use a disengage action to avoid getting attacked or would a simple half move suffice?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

Can I use my jetpack to break melee contact with the swarm and if so would I need to use a disengage action to avoid getting attacked or would a simple half move suffice?

You can use your jumppack, but you also need to use the disengage action.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Anyone here have a grapnel gun? I got an idea on how to get over to the console safely and quickly, provided my jetpack doesn't get yanked off mid flight.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So, was puzzle room as a break from combat a bad idea, or is everyone just waiting for someone else to do something? I know viva is probated right now. If none of you care about magnet trap of doom, I'll just handwave it and move onto the next portion.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I think everybody was waiting on the dude with 60 agility and a jetpack to solve all our problems since nobody else could possibly make it 30 meters in 2 rounds without having to run and eating a giant penalty.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I was wondering if anyone else wanted to try and didn't want to steal the show. Will post after work.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 27, 2017

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I was mostly wondering if someone was going to volunteer to be the first in line. I figured that we had one astartes at front and I might be second or third in line.

Edit: a bit like we're all sitting around the table looking at one another wondering who is going to come up with the save in this situation.

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 28, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Well poo poo. any ideas guys? I'm Dash is not very bright.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Press random buttons! Right now Only two of them would objectively make things worse! Maybe three depending on what/who is currently stuck on the orb!

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I had a thought while staring at Excel for 8 hours today: If viva can via comlink aid me and corvax yell at me to stop being as much of an idiot, I can negate the -20 for untrained logic. That plus a willingness to reroll in case of a failure gives uh, 60% chance of success if my math is right.

ed: disregard, viva is in cat jail again.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 5, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I hosed up on Misha's combat block earlier, it lists him as having a bolt pistol instead of a bolter as on his sheet. I edited his combat block but I'll downgrade it back to bolt pistol if you decide otherwise.

Also I'm going to say I love Dachshundofdoom's PC's being complete unhinged as well as his bolter cheese.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 2, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Waiting yet for at least Jolinaxas or Viva to post, preferably both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Going to give Jolinaxas a day yet to post, but plan to update Thursday regardless. I know I typically update Monday or Tuesday evenings but I've had actual stuff to do the last two evenings.

I actually have stuff happening Tuesday evenings for the foreseeable future, so if I don't update Mondays, then they won't be until Wednesday or Thursday for awhile.