Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
fuit

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

I have to save this, top tier image

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I've been holding onto it for a while, waiting for an opportune moment.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

This is glorious oh my god.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Also :bignews:

I'm basically pulling every favor and string possible in the next few days to get time off and buy all the necessary tickets to get myself down there. Who else is going with such reckless abandon?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's happening at a very nice time for me, schedule-wise, but I don't know if I can justify the expense. I either need to find a friend of a friend who'll let me crash on their couch or some other way to get cheap lodging. The tickets go on sale in what, a couple days for non-premium folks? So I guess I'll decide by then.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I've been holding onto it for a while, waiting for an opportune moment.

Good choice.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's happening at a very nice time for me, schedule-wise, but I don't know if I can justify the expense. I either need to find a friend of a friend who'll let me crash on their couch or some other way to get cheap lodging. The tickets go on sale in what, a couple days for non-premium folks? So I guess I'll decide by then.

While I am uncertain on your stance of sharing space with Internet Strangers, I am going to be looking to fill a room with some people in order to split up the cost. Looks like 4 people in a room should sit at a nice ~$50 per night. We can set a rule to say one must be awake when you murder them.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I'm going to ax but I don't really know how to feel about going that hard on additional venues if none of my other friends want to go

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

While I am uncertain on your stance of sharing space with Internet Strangers, I am going to be looking to fill a room with some people in order to split up the cost. Looks like 4 people in a room should sit at a nice ~$50 per night. We can set a rule to say one must be awake when you murder them.

You're an internet friend, not an internet stranger! Maybe. I'll consider, and get back to you. Going to the concert is a thing I want to do, and I'd have no issue sharing a room, it's just a matter of cost.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FdgaWMwJZM

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

See? thumbplaying is the one true way.

also goddamn this event is kinda nuts~ anya is a terrifying monsterbecause as much as I like Yuka, I know that's not how it works

http://twitter.com/pao__lily/status/859410019300683776

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I keep loving falling for the fake-out in Asuka's song. Put down my phone and then ffffff

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

also goddamn this event is kinda nuts~ anya is a terrifying monsterbecause as much as I like Yuka, I know that's not how it works

http://twitter.com/pao__lily/status/859410019300683776

Yeah, this event's definitely on track to be one I don't want to try to rank in, 20,000 points will do.

Cute Afu, but troublingly placed.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/kumamotoaichi/status/859749256604794880

Here is a comic where Kurumi was right about the bread.

Polsy posted:

Yeah, this event's definitely on track to be one I don't want to try to rank in, 20,000 points will do.

Cute Afu, but troublingly placed.

Look, they don't call it a bed of lettuce for nothing.

I'm gonna do it. Gonna have more than one Anya for…no real reason, as usual.

But I mean, I saw someone on my twitter feed, who got, and then idolized Anya on like, the second day. Scary.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Does there exist a recognizable map of the LL muse's city? I know the inspiration for places in the anime are all over. I'm thinking of making another waifu ship with LL as the centerpiece and might have the surrounding background look like a city map. Give it more of a slice of life feel.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

Does there exist a recognizable map of the LL muse's city? I know the inspiration for places in the anime are all over. I'm thinking of making another waifu ship with LL as the centerpiece and might have the surrounding background look like a city map. Give it more of a slice of life feel.

It's just Akihabara. Here's a page that points out a few specific locations in it that feature in the anime (you can switch the ".co.jp" part of the map links it has to ".com" for easier-to-read maps).

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Just a reminder that they knocked Nico's building down. RIP.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I cant believe Nico Yazawa is loving dead

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

If only she was a real idol, she might've been able to come up with the cash.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
I have no idea which thread these most belong in, but I need to share these. because Bubbles Umi is finally coming to EN and I need more idol songs set to jojos. Is it just Love Live?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewiO_4m00sM
even the loving lyrics fit. for both.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btu5YC9wUlc
even the 'kagiri' at :50 sounds like the WRYYYY for DIO right then.

I also like these, even if they don't stick the landing by loving up the ending.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxVE5yjGIb8https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iljl7VWybk

and it also seems people are trying to make Thrilling One Way the next Guren no Yumiya. ...but since it's about 20 seconds longer than most OPs people have to selectively edit/slow down the video to make 'em match. Here's it set to SNK, one punch man, fire emblem, the newest danganronpa game intro. they're all pretty good, because Thrilling One Way is the best Aqours song that isn't from the jojo subunit.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I distinctly recall a six-panel strip that had a very stylized low-detail version of the new generations trio from iM@S CG set with the lyrics to Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town, summoning other idols as their stands. Sadly I can't find it on Danbooru anymore but if I can discover the source I'll link it here.

edit beep beep i found it
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=57811465

graybook fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 5, 2017

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

what the heck

what the heck?!

Weeiirrrd. Only one (old) UR per μ's in the pool, so that's kind of lame, but heck, I'll do a pull or two at that rate.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

blegh

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's just Akihabara. Here's a page that points out a few specific locations in it that feature in the anime (you can switch the ".co.jp" part of the map links it has to ".com" for easier-to-read maps).
Oh neat, thanks. I didn't realize how weeby the whole thing was. Akihibara is the place where cosplayers gather, right? I only
know of it from the UDX parking garage with all the sweet Itasha cars.

Christmas Cake posted:

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I cant believe Nico Yazawa is loving dead
:negative:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
My triple SR streak continues

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also reminder that idolw@tch continues tomorrow at 1pm pdt, as per the usual schedule. We're starting the 2nd half for anyone who wants to catch up, but join in anyways it'll be fun.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

When I was in Japan in 2015 I had originally planned on visiting Takemura and had actually walked right up to the door. Only to find out that they don't open on Mondays so they were closed. But I did take some nice pictures of the establishment. I really wanted to go inside and get their desserts. Their tablelog reviews looked good. There was also another older guy there with a camera/tripod taking pictures of it too. I did visit the Kanda Myojin Shrine and the stairs leading up to it. Very pretty place and a lot of people were visiting to pray. You could buy a omiyoji to write your wish on it and Nozomi was printed on the board. LOTS of LL drawings on the wishes along with other animes like IM@S and Yotsuba. I thought about taking pictures of them because they were so nice but hesitated on taking pictures of other peoples wishes. I did run up the stairs and there are a lot of stairs from bottom to top. Good times. I do plan on trying to visit Takemura's again the next time I'm in Tokyo.

Christmas Cake posted:

You mean like the apartment building irl? Sad.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion posted:

Also reminder that idolw@tch continues tomorrow at 1pm pdt, as per the usual schedule. We're starting the 2nd half for anyone who wants to catch up, but join in anyways it'll be fun.

Change of plans, idolw@tch is now on Sunday at the same time due to family obligations. See you there!

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

At what point does feeding idols to the idol juicer en masse become morally wrong?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's so tedious. I really wish there was a way to turn FPs directly into alpacas/shiitakes/seal things.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's so tedious. I really wish there was a way to turn FPs directly into alpacas/shiitakes/seal things.

I'm pretty sure genetic experimentation of this nature is banned by the Geneva Convention

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I don't know if I enjoy getting SSRs from the green coupon vouchers; I'll never idolize get to idolize them like my URs. OTOH it's Dia which is cool.

Triggerhappypilot posted:

At what point does feeding idols to the idol juicer en masse become morally wrong?
:same:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=62767752

Ganbaruby! Ganbatte! Gunbattle!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Had enough to do one step up scout when they became available out of nowhere, which netted me another 4 SR pull, including a Wedding dress Nico that I could idolize, a China Dress Maki, and a Mermaid Umi:

Also, Solo Yolo with a green ticket from the 3 year anniversary login bonus let Halloween Yohane come home!

I have no idea why I'm seeing something like that, but I like it.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 07:12 on May 7, 2017

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I put Starlight Stage on my PC so I can finally watch the PVs smoothly in 3D and oh my goodness gracious, Aoi Shuto is cute as a button.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

x