Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a note regarding speech of Emmanuel Macron - unfortunately they used Google Translate:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/emmaroller/status/860579390740189188

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

LMAO fat burd

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty sure that's a rabbit.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wheat Loaf posted:

STOP

Stop it...

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Wheat Loaf posted:

No, it's a young woman looking away from the camera.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

With white and gold feathers.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Pfft. Clearly two lamps and a drape.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Japanese theme park offers the services of "bad guys" the guests can beat up to impress their date.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

But Japan has no crime. :japan:

She’ll never buy it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I'll see that and raise you sexy birbs:

https://twitter.com/beckyjewell/status/860662835159891968

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I'm guessing their sexy traits cost them some traits necessary to avoid being eaten or gather enough food or something.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Henchman of Santa posted:

I'm guessing their sexy traits cost them some traits necessary to avoid being eaten or gather enough food or something.
Apparently yeah. Wings specially evolved to make pretty songs for the females are wings poorly suited to flight.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

darthbob88 posted:

Apparently yeah. Wings specially evolved to make pretty songs for the females are wings poorly suited to flight.

Just introduce some Felis Catus to their environment. They'll get natural selection back on track.

The Cats Meow
Apr 4, 2009
P

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You'd think not being immediately eaten would be a more valuable trait to pass on to your offspring than pretty wings. loving vapid females

cnut
May 3, 2016

:vince:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

You'd think not being immediately eaten would be a more valuable trait to pass on to your offspring than pretty wings. loving vapid females

I think the way it's supposed to work is "look at me, I'm so badass I've managed to survive despite having these useless loving wings. Mate with me and your daughters will have my badass genes plus proper wings. (Your sons will have hosed-up wings, but that's life I guess.)"

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Evolving traits that make you more likely to die so you can show your badassery is the new evolution meta.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

The Lone Badger posted:

I think the way it's supposed to work is "look at me, I'm so badass I've managed to survive despite having these useless loving wings. Mate with me and your daughters will have my badass genes plus proper wings. (Your sons will have hosed-up wings, but that's life I guess.)"

Oversimplifying but yes. "I can grow those huge useless feathers and survive" is a valid advertisement of fitness.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Tardigrade posted:

Oversimplifying but yes. "I can grow those huge useless feathers and survive" is a valid advertisement of fitness.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the females to just evolve lower standards?

smdh :reject:

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Tardigrade posted:

Peacocks for example

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

If gratuitous violence isn’t how you like to show off your masculinity, Hirakata Park offers other packages where guests defuse a fake bomb, swap bodies with a stranger or offer their blood to someone who urgently needs a transfusion.

This is the best theme park ever.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Having watched Planet Earth 2 recently I'm pretty sure every bird's sexiest traits are loving stupid

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah that owns

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Having watched Planet Earth 2 recently I'm pretty sure every bird's sexiest traits are loving stupid

Can't be worse than cockatiels. :derptiel: is a thing for a reason.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

chitoryu12 posted:

How does "swap bodies with a stranger" work? Does some other, better looking, guy come over and pretend to be you for the remainder of the date?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think it means you push a guy out of the way to eat poo poo instead

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/860881852109901824

https://twitter.com/sokane1/status/860902334259441665

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

slowmo "nooooooo" pitched down from "possum" to "12 year old boy"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/GregPollak/status/861023209872904192

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

good job, horse!

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

I don't suppose the horse is called Horse ?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Istari posted:

I don't suppose the horse is called Horse ?

Nope. Always Dreaming.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

It's 2017. Couldn't they switch it up just a tiny bit?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

AlbieQuirky posted:

It's 2017. Couldn't they switch it up just a tiny bit?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Rifts still going strong, I see.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

jojoinnit posted:

How does "swap bodies with a stranger" work?
Yeah, I really want to know more about this.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/860660882149261314

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

jojoinnit posted:

How does "swap bodies with a stranger" work? Does some other, better looking, guy come over and pretend to be you for the remainder of the date?

This article has more info

quote:

A member of the opposite sex comes running up, you crash into each other, and…what’s this? You’ve switched bodies! Could this be…the beginning of love?!?

I'm not sure how this helps.