Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Kiranamos posted:

I've only noticed because I use Championify to make item sets and lately some of them have been totally hosed up, like not even having starting items.

There's also always a couple of the less popular champions that have something really suboptimal as their 'best build', like double infinity edge, and it's clearly just a single person or two who's played well enough that patch to overcome their awful build.

op.gg has a much larger sample for their stats, and you can compare across regions which is neat. I trust it quite a bit more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Posting to say I'm glad riot is quietly bringing pfe up to par with other ultimate skins

how's the army goin

also when do I need to paypal you $50 for amazon prime again? July right

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
You all should try E max support Maokai. AP mpen, spellthiefs, liandry. I won't believe it if this poo poo doesn't get nerfed. Been getting top damage every game and it's been really hard to lose neutral objectives when you can just trap every bush forever.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just played against a support Zac in Bronze flex. Pretty garbage in lane until 6, at which point he started bouncing my Draven into the tower on cooldown. Didn't really notice his effectiveness in team fights unless he had his ultimate ready, which is probably the best pick ability in the game.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Addamere posted:

Just played against a support Zac in Bronze flex. Pretty garbage in lane until 6, at which point he started bouncing my Draven into the tower on cooldown. Didn't really notice his effectiveness in team fights unless he had his ultimate ready, which is probably the best pick ability in the game.

want to know how i feel about zac? i am going to be dropping my new diss track called "zac is wack" some time in 2017 to take that son of a bitch down a peg. that is just how little respect i have for zac.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If Zac hears about this your dead.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pog boyfriend posted:

want to know how i feel about zac? i am going to be dropping my new diss track called "zac is wack" some time in 2017 to take that son of a bitch down a peg. that is just how little respect i have for zac.

sounds like you arent gonna be friends forever

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

sounds like you arent gonna be friends forever

listen here,

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Couple games ago, played with a Sejuani that carried the game really hard and seemed to never die no matter how hard she was focused in team fights. Not sure why she was being focused, but apparently that's a thing. Her skillshot zone indicator thing confuses and frightens me, even when she is on my team.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah her E is so clunky

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Sej is basically permanently banned so I haven't seen it yet.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Tales of Woe posted:

There's also always a couple of the less popular champions that have something really suboptimal as their 'best build', like double infinity edge, and it's clearly just a single person or two who's played well enough that patch to overcome their awful build.
Or it's the kind of vanity buy you only make when you're ridiculously ahead and the game is about to end anyway.

This is also why entirely reasonable "come from behind" builds have low win rates.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I'm not sure I can keep playing since forced onto the new client. The sounds when the queue loads and the sound when people lock in champions are just the worst. They're so awkward, especially locking in...it's more like a sound when you ban a champion, not pick one. The impact of the sound is so low. I'm just really upset by this.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Kiranamos posted:

I'm not sure I can keep playing since forced onto the new client. The sounds when the queue loads and the sound when people lock in champions are just the worst. They're so awkward, especially locking in...it's more like a sound when you ban a champion, not pick one. The impact of the sound is so low. I'm just really upset by this.
They can be muted in the options. The client takes window focus when it's your turn to select or when the queue pops so the sounds aren't really necessary.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Luna Was Here posted:

how's the army goin

also when do I need to paypal you $50 for amazon prime again? July right

It's hot

Got 3 months left. Gonna get shredddded and then come back and feed horribly as I jump into normals with no knowledge of the last year of patches

And yeah that's fine

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Carrying out America's imperialistic lusts pretty good, yeah?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I gotta say one of my favorite things is when the opposing botlane picks some dumb all in gimmick lane, your jung punishes them for it, then they start bitching in /all chat about how you're trying too hard or taking the game too seriously.

You just know with 100% certainty that they woulda been trashtalking up a storm if they got to pull off their extreme panth/j4 all in's vs soraka strat, too bad they just fed master yi instead lol.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 08:53 on May 6, 2017

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Picked up Rengar since his price was recently reduced, and I've played a couple of normal draft games. First game, hoo boy did I suck — partly because I didn't quite get how his buttons worked. I'd keep trying to R and immediately attack, which obviously does not work, and also there were both an Ivern and a Lulu on the enemy team so once mid-game hit I wasn't able to burst anyone down with my clunky attempts at his combo.

Second game, I got the basic mechanics down and did much better — but I felt kind of lost and powerless whenever a fight would break out someplace near a turret due to the lack of brushes. What do you do in those situations, if your ult's not up? Just hang back and try to peel with a bola? Hide in the nearest brush and hope the fight comes your direction? I did the latter a couple of times, and ended up being able to wait out my ult and clean up after the fight was already well underway and several of my team were dead or running. That worked great for my KDA, but it felt kind of dickish to just sit there, as opposed to farming the enemy jungle or split pushing or whatever, and just watching a 4v5 happen and waiting until it's already been lost for my team to jump in and blow up a couple of dudes. That's probably a question more broad than just Rengar — I'd guess it applies to any assassin-style champion in general, but it's really noticeable on Rengar because of the brush mechanic.

Tips on what to do in the above situation, and general Rengar/assassin talk would be appreciated!

Addamere fucked around with this message at 12:04 on May 6, 2017

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I ain't no jungler but if there's a tower siege going on and you're feeling useless, I'd suggest pushing a lane/stealing a buff or something?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

If people are dancing around the lane use the opportunity to establish vision control to one of their sides. It's free real estate.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

You know your Xayah is bad when the other team are telling them to stop feeding.

On the subject of Zac, I was on a team with a jungle Zac and he didn't seem to realise that when we were low on health and disengaging it wasn't a good idea to grab 2 enemies and bring them back in range. The damage he was doing was insane though, so I think it balanced out.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Got to play 3 Sejuani games last night, won 3 Sejuani games last night. I like her rework.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Okay this kinda owns they actually thought to put this in

https://gfycat.com/OrderlyBeautifulDikkops

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Servaetes posted:

It's that attention to detail that makes a 10/10

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Servaetes posted:

Oh Herald-chan. :3:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Methanar posted:

Carrying out America's imperialistic lusts pretty good, yeah?

I'm fairly certain he plays the guitar or something? Like he's there as part of the army band or whatever idk

its curtains for Kevin posted:

It's hot

Got 3 months left. Gonna get shredddded and then come back and feed horribly as I jump into normals with no knowledge of the last year of patches

3 months and you're done or 3 months and then you're on leave for a while?

Also your feed will be welcome with open arms, you'll fit right in to the discord stacks

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

ShadowHawk posted:

They can be muted in the options. The client takes window focus when it's your turn to select or when the queue pops so the sounds aren't really necessary.

I don't want to mute the sound, I want Riot to hire a competent sound engineer to fix it. Maybe they can put a crowdfunding option in the store. I'll pledge 500RP a month, and they can send me automated responses that are irrelevant to the questions I'm asking.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kiranamos posted:

I don't want to mute the sound, I want Riot to hire a competent sound engineer to fix it. Maybe they can put a crowdfunding option in the store. I'll pledge 500RP a month, and they can send me automated responses that are irrelevant to the questions I'm asking.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the dark star login gave me a seizure so i would just prefer riot not engineer things that give me seizures. i think thats a low enough bar and a fair ask

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Of course, the answer to life is just to accept everything that comes to you and never voice your opinion. Are you Ayane Matsunaga from the RPG Persona 4 by chance?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kiranamos posted:

Of course, the answer to life is just to accept everything that comes to you and never voice your opinion. Are you Ayane Matsunaga from the RPG Persona 4 by chance?

You seem highly combative. The amount of people who take issue with the current sound design of the lol client is much smaller than the people who think it's OK at worst. You seem to be pitching a fit just for the sake of it, do you have something actually bugging you or do you just want to vent about pointless things in general?

Also no I'm not Ayane because that social link loving sucked rear end

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Maokai support with Thunderlords, max E and just throw the sapling poo poo in bushes

The new cancer

Also early rush a liandry's if you're smashing

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Teikanmi posted:

Maokai support with Thunderlords, max E and just throw the sapling poo poo in bushes

The new cancer

Also early rush a liandry's if you're smashing

https://my.mixtape.moe/mklitx.webm

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

I like how the third sapling kills him with the thunderlords proc.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ShadowHawk posted:

I like how the third sapling kills him with the thunderlords proc.

That's the new death VFX, TLD hit him way before he died

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If you go full-on super late game 1000 AP build, two saplings will one shot anyone in the game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Luna Was Here posted:

Also no I'm not Ayane because that social link loving sucked rear end

way better than the other garbage sun slink. holy gently caress I hate that poo poo.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I was wonder what skins are you guys's favorites? I didn't really care about skins when I started playing but some skins make the champion feel 100x better/badass. Creator Viktor is probably my favorite skin and I love the champion. Also I like a lot of the esports skins despite them being really low quality. If I had to chose three I would say Creator Viktor, Final Boss Veigar and Popstar Ahri.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

best skins in order: butterfly kog'maw, chinese new year kog'maw, dog'maw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

• Locked thread