Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

choprite posted:

this is very unsettling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
American dog for an American hog!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

Hey man what store do you meet girls at

I once dated a woman who was from a BJs family. Since I'm from a CostCo family, it just didn't work out.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I poo poo you guys not, my mom just called me a few minutes ago and asked if I wanted to go to Costco. They just got a membership a few months ago. The first thing she said was that she wanted to try the hot dog that I've mentioned before. Plus, she thinks I need more shelving to store stuff so she wants to see if we can find something for my birthday.

My mom called and wanted the dog above all. Costco works in mysterious ways. Praise be.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Praise be. A good mom and a good dog for all!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I poo poo you guys not, my mom just called me a few minutes ago and asked if I wanted to go to Costco. They just got a membership a few months ago. The first thing she said was that she wanted to try the hot dog that I've mentioned before. Plus, she thinks I need more shelving to store stuff so she wants to see if we can find something for my birthday.

My mom called and wanted the dog above all. Costco works in mysterious ways. Praise be.

Is she single and would you mind having a goon step dad?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bonzo posted:

Is she single and would you mind having a goon step dad?

Sorry, still married and 70 years old. Plus I think she's done with that sort of thing. She was over a few days ago and I had the movie 300 on TV. She said "I don't like this, it's so violent." I'm like, "Mom, it's got a bunch of half-naked sexy dudes and you don't like this?" She said, "Oh I'm well over that."

:( Sorry bud. At least she has embraced the love of Costco.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I spent like 300$ today on Kirkland polo shirts and food. Those madras lentils are great I don't know how I've skipped over them for so long.

Praise be to Costco.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
oregon costcos don't have hard liquor (all state controlled) but at least we don't have a loving bullshit sales tax. dogs are a buck fiddy and by god that's what I shell out, no more no less.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Dr. Capco posted:

We got married in Maui (kihei) last year, and after getting up at the asscrack of dawn, spending half a day traveling by air, dealing with the rental car service, meeting with our wedding planner, picking up the dress, getting rained on multiple times, trying to find where the gently caress everything is, dealing with our retard condo renter putting the wrong key in the lockbox, finally getting said key after getting rained on for a half hour, we got groceries at the one and true constant in life.... Costco.

We got everything we needed for the week, completely hassle free. We headed out and I got myself 2 (TWO) loving gosh darned hotdogs and refillable twenty ounce drink for the low price of 3 American us dollars. It was the perfect pick me up to an otherwise dogshit day of travel and wedding stress.

This is pretty impressive, i've heard everything costs way more in Hawaii because of shipping, but Costco still maintains the $1.50 dog n drink standard

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It's kind of busy

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Lol if you don't walk up and down every aisle on every Costco trip

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Gorman Thomas posted:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Gorman Thomas posted:

Yeh... dog in hand 👹

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

It's kind of busy

that's not that bad, ours is basically every aisle basket-to-basket overflowing. gotta go like 45min before door closes M-Th or right when they first open (and there will be 40+ people in line already). i was gunna go today but slept in a little to olong so i missed being able to show up 15 minutes before the doors open and didn't feel like playing the thunderdome game today. maybe tomorrow morning

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Yeh... dog in hand 👹

Yup, then I buy a hot dog afterwards

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Xaris posted:

that's not that bad, ours is basically every aisle basket-to-basket overflowing. gotta go like 45min before door closes M-Th or right when they first open (and there will be 40+ people in line already). i was gunna go today but slept in a little to olong so i missed being able to show up 15 minutes before the doors open and didn't feel like playing the thunderdome game today. maybe tomorrow morning

it's a brave/foolish person who goes to Costco on a weekend, tbh. Sucks when I'm craving a dog then but c'est la vie it's like wanting chick-fil-a on a sunday.

The real money time to go to Costco is 8:00p on a friday. Ghost town, can cruise all the aisles and get your .25lb hot dog and 20oz soft drink for $1.50 without any kind of delay.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was worried about it being a Saturday and the parking lot was packed but it wasn't too bad. Got some storage shelves, protein shakes, some other stuff, and some brisket I'm going to use to make beef jerky.

We got 2 dogs and my mom loved it. I didn't even say anything and she just had deli mustard on it. No ketchup. :allears:

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
There's a tree in my cart today. Managed to get this into the front seat of my Altima with no damage to either.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was worried about it being a Saturday and the parking lot was packed but it wasn't too bad. Got some storage shelves, protein shakes, some other stuff, and some brisket I'm going to use to make beef jerky.

We got 2 dogs and my mom loved it. I didn't even say anything and she just had deli mustard on it. No ketchup. :allears:

Obviously good taste in dogs is genetic! You heard it here, the GBS Costco heaven, first!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Meydey posted:

There's a tree in my cart today. Managed to get this into the front seat of my Altima with no damage to either.

I like that tree. You got a good spot picked out?

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Mods please change my name to "meet girls at the Costco"

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Peace be upon Costco (pbuc)

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm still salty that they got rid of this pineapple habanero sauce that was really friggin good. Even though I cleared out what they had when I saw it was going away and I've still got a couple bigass bottles left I still could use more.

They moved the red pepper thing they got from those people onto closeout so hopefully they will get it back soon. Slow cooked a pork lion in that sauce and it was one of the best things ever.

binge crotching posted:

Why doesn't Costco offer oil changes? It'd be nice to drop my car off and have them take care of that while I'm dropping a couple hundred on alcohol and groceries

Pretty much every tire shop operates at a loss, so with disposal fees it would be even more is what I think.

slave to my cravings posted:

I spent like 300$ today on Kirkland polo shirts and food. Those madras lentils are great I don't know how I've skipped over them for so long.

Praise be to Costco.

Love me some lentils, stock up on cases when on rebate for easy lunches that I keep in my locker at work for when I forget to get my lunch since I work first shift at 4am. Also keep a box in my car so I have something to hand out to the homeless people at the stoplights sometimes that is in a pouch so doesn't require opening and already has spices added to it so is tasty.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I like to enjoy my dog before I walk the aisles. That way I have a drink to go along with my samples.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I like to reward myself with a dog (and soda with refill) after shopping. I eat and reflect on my purchases.

The real pro move is to order a pizza to go at the register inside the store. :discourse:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Chinatown posted:

The real pro move is to order a pizza to go at the register inside the store. :discourse:

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
Today I scoped out the "competition" lol. $1.75 is a joke.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

clamiam45 posted:

Today I scoped out the "competition" lol. $1.75 is a joke.

yeah but how big is that dog

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

It's kind of busy

Part of me wants to go "do you live in my hometown, ___?" but I already know that every CostCo looks exactly the same from the inside

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

a hole-y ghost posted:

yeah but how big is that dog

40 pounds!!!!! NOT! It's a weak little 3 oz noodle, death to IKEA!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ikea has great food, it's just not a bargain like CostCo. CostCo does offer superior mustard, though.

My grandmother bought her hearing aids at CostCo, and she loves them. Goes on and on about how cheap they were, and how much she loved the staff who fitted and tested her.
My optician works at CostCo, and I went to the LASIK surgeon she recommended to me.

Well, actually, she is my ex-optician, now. :smugdog:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I have some Costco milk that's two weeks past its expiration but there's absolutely no sign of it going sour. its like some kind of Costco miracle (Praise Be!)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Harald posted:

I have some Costco milk that's two weeks past its expiration but there's absolutely no sign of it going sour. its like some kind of Costco miracle (Praise Be!)

This is how costco does poo poo, get used to it friend! Have a hot dog and enjoy life.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So one of my local costcos has poke salad and/or straight up sashimi in their refrigerated prepared foods. Anyone have experience before i drop 15 bucks on lovely tasting fish? (Obviously​ getting a dog and a combo slice either way)

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Squashy Nipples posted:

Ikea has great food, it's just not a bargain like CostCo. CostCo does offer superior mustard, though.

My grandmother bought her hearing aids at CostCo, and she loves them. Goes on and on about how cheap they were, and how much she loved the staff who fitted and tested her.
My optician works at CostCo, and I went to the LASIK surgeon she recommended to me.

Well, actually, she is my ex-optician, now. :smugdog:

Costco Hearing aids are a real problem for the hearing industry because all of the local providers mark up the poo poo out of them. The basic Kirklands come in at $2100 I think, and are the same ones that private places sell for $4k. Batteries are about 1/4 of the price also.
I have a pair that I wear for meetings and stuff. Only had to pay $50 out of pocket with insurance.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
lol, just lol @ that lil bitchmade Ikea puppy. Only the ones from Costco are fit to be called dogs.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Chinatown posted:

I like to reward myself with a dog (and soda with refill) after shopping. I eat and reflect on my purchases.

The REAL pro move is to call that poo poo in from the aisles half way through your shopping trip. put your cart in line and walk over when you see no line to pay.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So one of my local costcos has poke salad and/or straight up sashimi in their refrigerated prepared foods. Anyone have experience before i drop 15 bucks on lovely tasting fish? (Obviously​ getting a dog and a combo slice either way)

I had costco poke at a party and it was good. Better than most grocery store poke but not as good as something you'd get from a restaurant or specialty truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Got me a few things on this day of Costco.

-18 pack of mini naan for loving $3.
-8 pack of Tasty Bits Veggie Tikka Masala which I haven't tried yet.
-A whole goddamn pineapple
-Enormous rotisserie chicken for $5 to dice up for the week.
-24 pack of Spindrift Fruit Water (might be a local thing since the owner/company is right around here? I know he's national at Panera though) Stuff is just so good.

Today was my first time doggin' too. Holy gently caress. My Costco has a massive Italian sausage a lot of people were getting, if that's not at every location. I'm in NH.