Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
wtf is poke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
I went to Costco today to return a polo shirt I bought yesterday because it was the wrong size. I ended up buying another 150$ worth of food and clothing. I have a problem.

Praise be to Costco.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

The best part of Costco, for me, is that everything is about $10 as far as groceries go. Makes budgeting while I shop super easy. $100 bucks to spend means I pick up 10 items, so simple!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
line to get in at 10am, but not terrible.

there was already a sizeble line to get out at 10:30

it definitely was like at thunderdome getting out of the parking lot with every inch filled with cars trying to park and poo poo, p crazy but at least the store was good when i got there.

"only" spent about $350 out the door somehow, poo poo adds up i guess.

unfortunately i did not get the BUCK FIFTY 1/3 LB ALL BEEF DOG since there was already a huge line at the court and we had some cold stuff, and i just ate a giant breakfast before going there. oh well next time. next goon can eat a second dog to make up for it

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
At the 'Stco now, debating whether to get Kirkland brand toilet paper or Scott brand toilet paper.

My heart says Kirkland but my wallet says Scott.

gently caress it GOING WITH KIRKLAND

Thank you 1.50 hot dog for guiding my decisions

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So one of my local costcos has poke salad and/or straight up sashimi in their refrigerated prepared foods. Anyone have experience before i drop 15 bucks on lovely tasting fish? (Obviously​ getting a dog and a combo slice either way)

The ahi poke is pretty good, and it makes a nice meal. A proper Hawaiian one is better, but it's not bad at all.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Big Grunty Secret posted:

At the 'Stco now, debating whether to get Kirkland brand toilet paper or Scott brand toilet paper.

My heart says Kirkland but my wallet says Scott.

gently caress it GOING WITH KIRKLAND

Thank you 1.50 hot dog for guiding my decisions

FYI It's all Kimberley-Clark

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Meydey posted:

FYI It's all Kimberley-Clark

Thank you for this, I told my dad and he immediately switched out his Charmin for Kirkland

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

It's a Hawaiian dish of fresh raw ahi tuna, cut into cubes and tossed with vegetables, seasonings, and some kind of marinade. It's becoming a trendy dish all over the country because it's so healthy, delicious, and customizable, and know it's a regular thing at Hawaii and California Costcos.

I feel pretty lucky that our Central Florida Costco offers it once in a while, and I'm a huge fan. My favorite version is tossed with onions, scallions, masago, and spicy mayo, and there's another equally good one with soy sauce, sea asparagus, onions, crushed macadamia nuts, and hot pepper flakes. They usually bring it out during their Seafood Roadshow events.

If you ever see it at Costco, don't sleep on it. It isn't the cheapest, but it has become one of my favorite meals.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That sounds good. Although I doubt I'll ever see that here in the midwest.

For some reason I thought poke was that weeabo candy.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I swear I can go to costco on a goof not really with anything in mind and leave the premises with $180 in merchandise in my cart and $1.50 in good food in my belly

I also got this sweet bento lunch box that is expandable and has hidden pockets to store ice packs to keep your lunch and drink nice and cold

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also my costco membership card is an offshoot of my dad's membership card which of which he joined that costco some 15 years ago and in a different country
I always tell the cashier as I hand them my foreign costco card it's backslash seven on their little cashier machine brah.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
An enormous crowd was enthralled by a vitamix blender presentation. The audience included 2 service dogs.

It's sunny, warm, and a beautiful day for Costco

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'd go to Costco RIGHT NOW if it weren't physically impossible for me to get there before it closed

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Also I saw the Costco poke in my store on the west coast. Looked good but didn't buy any

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Also I saw the Costco poke in my store on the west coast. Looked good but didn't buy any

How much was it? Obviously I'm asking because I want to know the dog:poke ratio.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
yesterday at costco I got some flank steak, raspberries, strawberries, a very big 4-meat take n bake stromboli, paper goods, and a blender. pizza slice and fountain drink on the way out

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
oh yeah and a pack of the food court hot dogs

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Tim Whatley posted:

Got me a few things on this day of Costco.

-18 pack of mini naan for loving $3.
-8 pack of Tasty Bits Veggie Tikka Masala which I haven't tried yet.
-A whole goddamn pineapple
-Enormous rotisserie chicken for $5 to dice up for the week.
-24 pack of Spindrift Fruit Water (might be a local thing since the owner/company is right around here? I know he's national at Panera though) Stuff is just so good.

Today was my first time doggin' too. Holy gently caress. My Costco has a massive Italian sausage a lot of people were getting, if that's not at every location. I'm in NH.

Yeah I just tried that Spindrift stuff the other day and it's great, never gonna buy La Croix again. The cucumber one is good with gin, just a lil protip.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
The mega bag of baby bels are half gone after a week. I'll need to head back and stock up before the sale is over. Plus another mega dog+soda(free refills) which is the real prize. :homebrew::munch:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Who the gently caress has been rating this thread less than 5?

Get a dog bitches. Then let's see how you rate it. <:mad:>

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
just got back from Costco, got a few essentials, some high quality local cheese (3yr aged white cheddar from coastal pastures), also stoked cause the good as hell Kirkland chicken broth now comes in 6 packs instead of 4 packs.

my final purchase was 3 (!) fuckin enormous heritage tomato plants. 3 different varieties including brandywine (!!), gonna see what does best in my limited sunlight. each one is nearly 2 feet tall and the entire 3 pack was only $9 drat dollars.

also you know I treated the wife to fine dining in the food court cause I am a gentleman

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have a confession, Costco thread

I don't like kraut

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

You've made a powerful enemy this day friend

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

the good fax machine posted:

I don't like kraut

They should provide chili even if it cost 25 cents more

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

the good fax machine posted:

I don't like kraut

.. wh... WHAT?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

Yeah I just tried that Spindrift stuff the other day and it's great, never gonna buy La Croix again. The cucumber one is good with gin, just a lil protip.

I can now confirm it is very good with gin. Excellent protip.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So goons, I need some answers. I currently use Dollar Shave Club but is "The 'Co" a better deal?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

When I used to shave, I calculated Target brand 3-blade disposable to be cheaper than Dollar Shave Club. This was before I was baptised into the Costco family.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mons Hubris posted:

They should provide chili even if it cost 25 cents more

Hire this man

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Target 3 blade disposable razors are $0.67 each. Gillette 3 blade disposable are $0.88 each at Costco. I remember Target brand would occasionally have one that just wasn't sharp out of the box. Poor quality control there for Target, but ymmv.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I bought a bunch of disposable whatever Costco had years ago. It was like a 24 pack or something. Whenever my other blade dulls and I don't have any more then I still have a bunch of those around and they work quite well.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I wanted to get Costco gas but the lines were humongous and I had obligations! I don't blame those wise shoppers getting in line for the Costco gas, because Costco is life.

Praise be unto Costco.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Grem posted:

The best part of Costco, for me, is that everything is about $10 as far as groceries go. Makes budgeting while I shop super easy. $100 bucks to spend means I pick up 10 items, so simple!

Same. Sometimes a thing is closer to twenty and it's just like mmmm :10bux: :10bux:

Harald posted:

I have some Costco milk that's two weeks past its expiration but there's absolutely no sign of it going sour. its like some kind of Costco miracle (Praise Be!)

Some of their milk is UHT pasteurized. Most organic milk is. UHT milk doesn't even need to be refrigerated if it's in the right sort of packaging.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone's Co' still have Chamelon cold brew in the 64oz boxes? It seems to have vanished from all the Houston stores. It was a significantly better deal (like $16 for 64oz) vs $1/oz for the 10oz bottles at HEB.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
So what makes this store "cheap"?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

ArtIsResistance posted:

So what makes this store "cheap"?

their margins on most goods are usually around 15%, which is very low for retail... so low they make most of their profits on membership fees instead of sales

of course you typically have to buy larger sizes of items which means higher price-tags and may not be worth it if you don't have the ability to store or use them before they go bad

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i bought the costco cornmeal coated hotdog buns for my mega dog collection and they got moldy after three days...

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

with costco baked goods i always do 2 things: first, check the best buy date and make sure it isn't within a week or so... second, i portion, bag and freeze them... usually like in groups of 4 since im unlikely to eat 18 hot dogs within a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Mad Wack posted:

i bought the costco cornmeal coated hotdog buns for my mega dog collection and they got moldy after three days...

Well friend, let me tell you about Costco's return policy

EDIT:

Fresh adventure begins today!!!!:

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 8, 2017