Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

So thats where that gif came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Let me spend half an hour telling you how not schooled I am while also making fun of you for wasting half an hour to school me.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

They really do like the term "gish gallop" these days.

Why do they latch onto rarely used terms so easily? Must be an extension of the way they latch onto buzz words. :)

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Did he reach the character limit on two :reddit: posts?

This guy has to be Derek or G0rf.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Also, :rip: that guy's thumb who always complains about big posts.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

quote:

YOU claiming that "most people who agree with Derek's viewpoint cannot uphold basic levels of decency towards other posters" is vilifying, and picking a side against non-existent parties, even though you are the caretaker of the most toxic Star Citizen community in existence.

Your hypocrisy and bias are visible by the fact that you didn't say one single thing about the people who are, as this very moment, writing entire volumes of attacks in that Reddit. But you had time to comment on those guys who "cannot uphold basic levels of decency".

Should we have a discussion about "basic levels of decency"? I can compose a 50K word topic on why, as mod of that Reddit, and who has refused to enforce the rules, you don't seem to know what "decency" means. I would like to help you understand. Please spend 10 mins in each of these Reddit profiles and let me know if we should have that discussion, because I am all geared up to share decades of behavioral training and experience, and law enforcement with you

Running heuristic analysis...
Complete. Reddit please change flair to "BAD MOTHER FUCKER" tia o7//

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 7, 2017

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

OldSchoolCmdr's post about Derek not having done anything notable is actually pretty good. I had honestly lost sight of that fact. Derek is a nobody, and all the infamy and power he has over CIG and their community is directly created by them. It's seriously crazy if you think about what is going on there. No wonder he thrives on it.

I had also forgotten about Chris Roberts' insane screed that he posted on the official website in his official capacity as CEO, officially stating he spent an entire workday responding to a blog by Derek Smart. Who the hell does that?

What the hell is wrong with these people?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Sabreseven posted:

Why do they latch onto rarely used terms so easily? Must be an extension of the way they latch onto buzz words. :)

In all honesty Gish Gallop pretty accurately describes Derek's approach to Warlording. See: July blog, furthermore

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Gish Gallop sounds like it should be a Basement Jaxx track.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Spatial posted:

OldSchoolCmdr's post about Derek not having done anything notable is actually pretty good. I had honestly lost sight of that fact. Derek is a nobody, and all the infamy and power he has over CIG and their community is directly created by them. It's seriously crazy if you think about what is going on there. No wonder he thrives on it.

I had also forgotten about Chris Roberts' insane screed that he posted on the official website in his official capacity as CEO, officially stating he spent an entire workday responding to a blog by Derek Smart. Who the hell does that?

Tism

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Spatial posted:

cig finally realized that might not have been such a good look and pulled it when they bribed/threatened(?)/sued(?) escapist to pull their articles

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sabreseven posted:

You're just a poppy cutting naysayer :smug:

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

It's funny, because by "an unhealthy obsession with graphic quality" they didn't mean they spent too much time trying to make things look good; it is Square, after all. They meant that they were obsessed about doing it the wrong way and when they cleaned up their act, this is the result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_JxY2pRHn4

While not perfectly cutting edge and you may not like the art style, my 3 year old computer gets an 'extremely high' rating from that benchmark.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Spatial posted:

They are idiots

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Regarding the 3.0 schedule being pushed back. This person is easily pleased:

And as long as it's Porsches and not Ferraris, this person is okay with it:

And actually, when you think about it, aren't delays a good thing?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

The Titanic posted:

Somebody needs to ask CR how he plans on mocapping all these animations except in zero-g because what if your space ships gravity is turned off but you really need to have a meal in the cafeteria otherwise your space man will be tired/die of starvation.

Incoming mocap on vomit comet to capture zero-g cafeteria physics.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A few revisions later

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
This is good, gently caress em all

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
please don't get upset on the Lord's Day.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TrustmeImLegit posted:

please don't get upset on the Lord's Day.

gently caress him too

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Not really, God is pretty cool

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Also VR is cancelled. CR can say whatever the gently caress he wants. You don't just 'add in' VR at a much later date years down the line.

The VR guy quit last year in his words "to go work on VR". You need 90+ FPS at all times to enjoy VR without vomiting. You need to develop all animations, interactions, etc with VR in mind. They aren't. A seamless FPS, Ship, menu experience in a giant MMO would be next to impossible right now even if they focused on this Day 1. They have explicitly said (and its 100% clear from what they show) they aren't doing this. Hell, even devs said "don't hold your breath".

I still don't get why backers use VR and Star Citizen in the same sentence. Same with modding and private servers. There is literally 0 indication they care or are doing anything about this.
They have even explicitly said on a number of occasions they don't give a poo poo about those features.

If (isAlpha == 1) { vrOn = 0; } else { vrOn = 1; }

You're forgetting how easy it is to layer all this code over these ideas.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
ou can see jesus is clearly Chris's personal aspiration.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Sabreseven posted:

This helps them identify outsiders of the cult who must be ruthlessly indoctrinated or chased out

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Didn't they:
- already delay 3.0 (from their original and publicly stated estimate)
- delay the announcement for the announcement of the "new" schedule for 3.0
- delay the actual announcement for the schedule for 3.0
- announce a messy (and literally made by insane people) schedule with severely cut down features for a delayed 3.0
- proceed to add more delays and cut features from their poorly thought out schedule
?

Yep, 3.0 sure seems to be getting more perfect with all this incompetence these delays.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 7, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

OldSchoolCmdr isn't Derek. He's worse than Derek.

Please do not let him start posting here.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

AbstractNapper posted:

Didn't they:
- already delay 3.0 (from their original and publicly stated estimate)
- delay the announcement for the announcement of the "new" schedule for 3.0
- delay the actual announcement for the schedule for 3.0
- announce a messy (and literally made by insane people) schedule with severely cut down features for a delayed 3.0
- proceed to add more delays and cut features from their poorly thought out schedule
?

Yep, 3.0 sure seems to be getting more perfect with all this incompetence these delays.

the longer it takes the more content just gets piled in. Please don't open your eyes just take my word on this.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I gotta ask why they even showed it with the hosed up shelf only to show them fixing it, then. Not that it doesn't make the animation awful because no one takes things off of a shelf like that unless the box is made of styrofoam and has nothing in it.

That's not even the most hilarious slide. There's one where they talk about how there was a development emphasis on graphics without any thought to what they were trying to achieve or even what was reasonable that resulted in pot plant models that had a polycount equal to that of a Player Character's model. FFXIV 1.0 is a cautionary tale a lot of people miss in the amazing tale of rebirth that was A Realm Reborn.

Bug: Animation clips through solid object.
Fix: Fix animation.

Bug: Graphic text backwards on mirrored objects.
Fix: Fix graphics.

Bug: Ring of space station randomly connects to objects and spins wildly out of control.
Fix: ???

Bug: Space mans stand through ships after activating them.
Fix: ???

Now between these four bugs, which would you show your company as valiantly fixing because you are totally on the ball?

A normal company might target the non-graphical bugs to fix, because those directly affect gameplay and the experience.

But you're CIG, and your strongest talent is your graphics department. So you're going to make a 40 minute video of fixing an animation or flipping the mapping on an object to make the words straight again. Because these are the easy options (not saying making tons of graphics is easy, just that it's easier to fix a model or animation than it is to fix a core-level programming bug).

And probably the best part of the animation bug is that it's not even in the game yet. It's just some Maya level bullshit, or maybe even a CryEditor level. There's no programming behind a character picking up or placing a box anywhere. It's just a ridiculous animation separated from everything.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

You're just a poppy cutting naysayer :smug:

In case you haven't heard it's ALPHA, but keep spreading fud you value demanding content locust :smug:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

It's funny how the reddit idiots think they can argue themselves out of having to provide proof for their bullshit. It is eerily similar to freemen-of-the-land trying their faux legalese bollocks to get out of traffic tickets or whatever.

They're Sovereign Star Citizens.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
"I wonder how Derek smells. Probably bad," I chuckle to myself before posting on r/DerekSmart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I can't cope with all these walls of text